How hard is Blender and do I need to be an artist to be good at it?

How hard is Blender and do I need to be an artist to be good at it?

Attached: pp,550x550.u1.jpg (550x450, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjEaoINr3zgHs8uzT3yqe4iHGfkCmMJ0P
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLda3VoSoc_TR7X7wfblBGiRz-bvhKpGkS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump for interest

good at what? Uvs, topology, rigging are technical skills and require no artistic ability. But to make thing or characters look good you need a scenes of proportions, color, forms and such. If you want to make appealing animations you need a scenes of character, weight, exaggeration and such.

blender itself is not that hard to use, but learning to model regardless of software is tough to master like any artform. There are 3 main aspects to creating 3D art. Modeling, UV mapping, and texturing. Look up Darrin Lile on youtube his tutorials are very beginner friendly.

blenderguru on youtube

Attached: QJqwW-ivdlM.jpg (720x480, 191K)

I'm a blender guy.

>How hard is Blender
It has a learning curve, I can tell you during the first couple of YEARS using Blender I would get frustrated over various things in the software and now with 2.8 I'm getting frustrated with aspects of it that are so new and foreign to me, 2.8 is different than the Blender we've had for the past six years

>do I need to be an artist to be good at it?
I don't consider myself great at drawing. What I love about 3D modeling is that I can painstakingly reiterate some a shape a million times until I get it perfect and I have a good eye for "what's right" that I can eventually make anything look good. The use of modifiers make reiteration on a shape all the more easier, I don't commit to destructive geometry until I'm sure it's right. It all takes practice, but I like 3D modeling way more than drawing. I specialize in character modeling, I've gotten really good at rigging and posing characters.

tl:dr: use it. it takes time to learn, but it's worth it. Blender is the absolute best software ever created.

>donut man
Lmao

Mind posting some of your work?

>>>/3dcg/
Use it

blender is only hard on the outside but soft in the middle. It is hard enough to crack a window pane if thrown by someone strong. I used Blenter and found it was not hard enough to nail some planks of wood to a tree

No you do not need to be an artist. Of youre a starter watch a few tutorials on basics in the new update *Blender 2.8* and youll be all set

Attached: Game logo idea.png (1000x1000, 244K)

not so much,
and no.

You can learn every little functionality blender has,
but if you are not good at making art,
you'll just be making unoriginal/uninteresting/monkey see monkey do/boring renders.

This. If you're good, Blender is perfectly fine. If you're bad, no tool will ever help you

>>/3/

New 2.8 has a redesigned GUI, much more intuitive and easier to learn, not talking about cool new stuff like Eeevee which literally saves days on most renders you need. I'm not an artist but use Blender regularly for many things like models for games, visualizing stuff, making 2D animations, stabilizing video etc. Great SW.

>How hard is Blender
If you ask this question, Blender is too hard for you. You'll rage quit after failing to select an object and then pirate something else. If 2.8 really does come with a complete UI redesign then try that instead, because what is there is pure cancer.

you can set Left-click to select in 2.8

I wish SketchUp was free software.

/3/ - Blender vs Maya the board
mods are asleep, post ducks.

Download Blender, watch these videos:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjEaoINr3zgHs8uzT3yqe4iHGfkCmMJ0P

Bear in mind that Blender has a new interface that will be added to the mainstream releases soon, but it won't be hard to learn once you've learnt the basics of Blender with these videos. Just download 2.79

Also bear in mind that even with 2.79 there will be some slight differences in the interface because there have been updates since Blender Guru made the series.

Another playlist to follow:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLda3VoSoc_TR7X7wfblBGiRz-bvhKpGkS

for what? 3d ? not harder than the alternatives

mike kall's video editing tutorials are good

2.80 will be mainstream within two weeks, rhere no point in learning 2.79 at all.

i just don't understand why they thought their user interface was okay and why people defend the fact that you're forced to use hotkeys
i would rather the underling functions of the modeller be exposed via a very simple scripting language (i.e. not bloated as fuck shitty syntax python) than have to deal with any hotkey heavy program with an aids excuse for a UI