Use PS4 as home server

So I thought about buying new/used PS4 system and turning it into all purpose home server.

Is there any drawbacks ?

I thought about it because where I live PS4 are much cheaper than any other machine at the same price.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x321, 14K)

>PS4 are much cheaper than any other machine at the same price.

Attached: 80c.png (645x729, 77K)

No sata ports?

What a great contribution to the thread

>450$ Machine that can outperform PS4

Yeah sure buddy

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (505x567, 37K)

go to Goodwill and buy some corporate Dell desktop instead

So that's the only drawback ?

Literally a 2200G with an RX570

for that money you could get an optiplex with i7 32gb of ram and 2tb ssd

what more "all purpose" do you want you retard? are you on another planet with no ebay/amazon coverage?

embedded 8GB GDDR5

>optiplex
You literally gave me something that costs double the price

Used optiplex with i7 2600 is $150.

Ps4 is a spiderman and red dead machine only

RDR2 is coming to PC though

It doesn't support x265

What the fuck kind of shithole do you live where the memestation4 is cheaper than a used Optiplex

Is it linux ready?

Ahem.

Attached: 1546955918978.png (767x1080, 1.37M)

Uh yeah, the draw back is it HAS to be on 5.05 or you cant do any funs with it. Check the /hbg/ on /vg/, the op has a link on it

yes, it runs fine actually. i cant remember if it has harware acceleration or not (pretty sure it does). The switch actually is your best bet for gnu linux though (it runs crazy good)

SECOND
HAND
XEONS

If you want a home server, wait for the PS5 to be released and jailbroke or buy a low end quad core ryzen 2200g.

PS4 and PS4 pro both have jaguar, which is a fucking shitty crap CPU. The GPU you aint gonna use for anything on a home server.

PS5 on the other hand is excepted to come with Ryzen2 7nm architecture, which is fucking fast.

>what is bloodborne

>PS4 for home server
>1 SATA port
Haha, yes

Why not get a shittg C2D machine, its not like you need more than that for a NAS, or say a 2nd gen i3

Add another £60 for cheap case, SSD and PSU.

Attached: PC for cheap.png (981x360, 173K)

Ps4 exclusive dark souls?