PHP vs C++

What is better programming language? C++ or PHP?

Attached: php anime girl modern php.png (935x826, 605K)

Apples vs Doritos

Since when is PHP a programming language?

fuck off, man
do whatever
you won't learn either

PHP 7.0

PHP is the most elaborate prank of all time.

>t. brainlet that is too stupid to understand namespaces and components

I unironically like it, but I'm forced to code in Python on daily basis and this might be the main reason why.

Let me reiterate...

Since when is a non-compiled scripting language a programming language?

PHP is not a programming language and C++ is trash so I'd say Rust

>Rust trannies at it again

even php's creator admits php is bad and that he has no idea what he's doing
c++ may be a clusterfuck but it's not that bad

C++ is the better of the two. Python best tho

(You)

pascal
learn pascal

Let me guess, you actually don't know either of C++ or PHP.

Which is a better car

a dump truck

or a civic

go back to your qt program you can't use

Both bad for different reasons, but at least C++ was actually designed.
If you listen to Rasmus about PHP's origins, you begin to realize that it started out as a simple stack-based templating engine for C which people then forced him into bastardizing into an awful programming language with no thoughts given on consistency, syntax and maintainability.
Rasmus himself kept thinking (hoping even) that PHP would just die out in half a year or so, replaced by something that did what it attempted properly, but that never ever happened.

The PHPtards would have you believe that "PHP 7 fixed everything", but if you look at what actually changed, all they did was improve performance (from "holy shit is this terrible" to "Good god is this slow") and allows you to specify scalar type hints for functions and return type hints - you know, the kind of feature C had 47 years ago - and it's celebrated as if it's the second coming of Christ. And that's even though it's STILL worse than C's primitive type system because you can't even specify function signatures, unions and enums and it doesn't even error, but silently convert to the given scalar type UNLESS the CALLER uses a custom directive at the top of the file it's defined in.

But no, it "fixed everything". Sure. Fuck off. PHP's core developers can't even count to 7 right, and that's post-Rasmus.
You can write good programs in PHP if you know how to avoid all the pitfalls and use the modern ecosystem and ignore large parts of PHP's features and standard library, but you'd do better in just about any other programming language with a fucking FastCGI library.

At least PHP standard library has buildin function for any webdev/string manipulation task possible

The only reason PHP is still alive is because of wordpress

3/4 of the web runs on php bro

That's like comparing a hammer to a hunk of shit

THE REAL ANSWER : it depends on what you're doing.

Web? PHP. (it's the duct tape of the net)
App? C++.
To each problem its best tools,it's not hard to understand!

Attached: 1540929116606.png (481x336, 135K)

Go does both and is somehow less retarded (while still being retarded).

Don't know much about PHP but from what I heard it's at least getting better.
Same with Javascript, it's bad but it's getting less bad.

You can't say the same about C++.
My theory is that the language has gotten so complex that no one knows how to fix it at this point.
All attempts to make it less tedious with package managers and whatnot have failed.
What C++ fanatics call "Modern C++" is really just a myth they BELIEVE in.

Literally the only thing that can save C++ is if they release C++2 and let go of all the legacy shit which will never happen because of the retarded committee.

The complexity is half true. The root cause is that the library developers (and community as a whole) are autistic when it comes to correctness and generic program. It results in every feature being over-engineered to hell to attempt to cover every conceivable use case. When it reality most people want something far simpler which mostly works well enough.

>c++ may be a clusterfuck but it's not that bad
I kind of agree. Just wish they would finish modules already. Putting 90's era compiler-dependent linking to bed would be a godsend. Then you're one step closer to having a standardized package manager like other modern languages.

Having modern UI options would be nice. Qt is okay. MFC is AIDS laden cancer. Microsoft makes you use one of those awful proprietary extensions with their awful syntax and marshalling antics if you want to use one of their modern frameworks.

Modern STL implementations are surprisingly fast.

Attached: 1522712264977.gif (255x209, 691K)

Rust.

Lisp.

Crystal.

bait

What can I even do with C++? No one use it for web and desktop GUI apps are dead. Is it for so called """systems programming"""? What is systems programming anyway, rewriting tcp/ip stack over and over again? Give me some sysprog task I can do with C++ that is not very hard

>i cant program so neither can others!

>Give me some sysprog task I can do with C++ that is not very hard
There are none. C++ only makes sense for hard problems where your resources are constrained and you require greater abstractions than C can provide. Its mostly used for graphics and audio processing, large games, numerical computation, simulation, and some embedded applications.
For webservers and web infrastructure Go and Rust are better. For everything else the language doesn’t really matter, just pick whatever is convenient.

>that is not very hard
brainlet
>no one uses it for web
then be the difference you want to see?
>desktop gui apps are dead
negative iq

javascript

Based
BASED

Game engine

what kind of stupid mongoloid question is that you fucking retard?

t. University of Mumbai student

Since always as it is turing complete.

Brainlet.

Fuck off, C++ is verbose garbage. I can write anything in Python

What kind of fucking retard bait is it?

PHP, of course. It is for third-world slav-niggers like you.

imagine being so retarded you think C++ is "verbose". i bet anything beyond printf is verbose to you, fucking smoothbrain.

C

The only real thing python has over C++ is coroutines/generators

The only people who say sepples is trash are people who havent followed it since 1998 amd kept up to date on every single improvement in the language. I bet you dont even know what the fuck an rvalue reference or perfect forwarding is.

and people are working on a solution to change that

bait

I also love to lose track of my class attributes because I can define them anywhere.

they do completely different things