Is this a good deal for $550 new?

Is this a good deal for $550 new?

Attached: 20190724_194958.jpg (1432x2164, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-3520M-vs-Intel-Core-i5-8250U/m50vsm338266
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The vga is the only thing that would make it worth it. But I don't think gaming on a laptop is ever worth it.

>1366x768
say what you want about mac laptops, at least their resolution isn't dogshit
>no ssd
welcome to 6 years ago
>dedicated gwaphics cawd
why are you gaming on a laptop? at least it's AMD so you have good support in GNU/Linux

it's good laptop is good

get it and fuck the iretards

Kill yourself OP. Imagine knowing so little about computers you couldnt make this decision yourself.

Its not really for gaming , probably just gonna install some old games for nostalgia sake.
I might ask the store if they can replace it with an ssd

Man it's amazing to think you can buy 5900hq/980m laptops for cheaper these days.

>E

No, get at least an L series

It's a waste then. See the U at the end of the CPU? That means it's weak. Go to the Thinkpad threads and look for 14 inch Thinkpads with passmark scores comparable to the 8565U. You can find ones used on eBay with the mfr. enterprise warranty through 2020/2021.

The latest L series has a completely ABS chassis, whereas the E has some aluminum.

>See the U at the end of the CPU? That means it's weak.
The 8 gen isn't exactly weak.

The I5-8565U doesn't even exist though. That's the first problem.

>latest
>new
get a good refurbished one you dipshit

The 8250U and 8550U does

>Refurbished

no lol

>>latest
Since last year. Not sure about the 2015-2017 model chassis

See lmao. Can't debate about a CPU that doesn't exist.

Anyway, the latest i5 is only 30% faster than a CPU from 2012. With OP's budget, he'd be better off surfing the used market to get more bang for his buck.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-3520M-vs-Intel-Core-i5-8250U/m50vsm338266

You're as braindead as itoddlers peddling geekbench.

>The CPU model listed in the OP does
>not
>exist

>Retarded doesn't know Whiskey Lake exist

/tpg/ regularly shits on the E series.