S. wayland

I like the way i3 works but it's ugly and is very difficult to rice. Gaps are glitchy and opacity

Attached: logo.png (554x229, 18K)

What you're referring to as Wayland, is, in fact, Gayland, or as I've recently taken to calling it W/Gayland.

install bspwm

WTF are you talking about? How can a CPU be ugly?

Quality post.

You are already a faggot for using i3

Wayland is based and redpilled though

Wayland is obviously superior to X and has fewer lines of code. People only hate on it because it's new and they don't know how to configure it. (Neither do I, but I don't get lag or screen tearing from playing downscaled videos any more.)

Nope. Xorg just werks. Gayland sucks...

Do you know how to configure it? I want to get GTK themes to work on Sway, but they won't. Yes, I've tried using gsettings.

i3 bad CPU

They work fine on the Wayland version of GNOME, so this is probably more of an i3-type wm issue. GUI programs don't always play nice in i3. I vaguely remember an environment config being involved.
Most ricing you're seeing is pywal + terminal programs, which is practically instarice. It's much easier to get ranger to look nice than to do the same with dolphin or nautilus.

I'm using sway over Arch and I really like it

> lag
If anything Gayland increases lag because of the underlying garbage design that requires two buffer swaps per update which have to be always vsynced.
X11 is shit sure, nut somehow they managed to make Gayland even worse.

Im a pragmatic person, following pragmatic logic switch from i3 to sway makes absolute no sense.

Does it have more features. No
Does it run faster. Probably not.
Does Wayland brings anything new. No
Works as intended, No

So i don't switch. Still much the for sway devs to make it so easy to migrate.

Attached: waylander2.jpg (690x1077, 258K)

Works on my machine

Attached: 2019-07-24-152959_grim.png (1920x1080, 785K)

enjoy your keyboard loggers

>xorg is broken

Xorg freezes using C3 to C10 c-states of CPU. There is a workaround, intel_idle.max_csate=2, where you can use Xorg without freezes, but as of you only use C0,C1 and C1E, you are not using the whole set of c_states, and you are running 4W and 5ÂșC more than using them, so less battery. If you are using desktop, it can be affordable.

So, the only alternative are compositors which implement fully Wayland, which I know, GNOME and Sway.

Xorg is broken, dont use it,

Enjoy your broken keyboard layout switching

Xorg sucks, but Wayland is a piece of shit. Lets see how long it takes for people to realize how ducked up Wayland is

I think this is a shill thread.

Stop spreading this FUD, it has been debunked numerous times.

Not KDE?

Judd Vinet uses it.
Go to his GitHub to get his dotfiles.
He knows a thing or two.

Attached: 1564004959686.png (300x360, 57K)

>it's ugly and is very difficult to rice
go buy a macbook, faggot

KDE wayland, months ago, had not got middle click paste because Qt. I dont know the current status.

Here what I am saying is about integrated gpu from Haskell, integrated gpus that use i915 driver, in laptops. Here, if not c-states are pruned, freezes is sure with Xorg but it works fine with Wayland, even Xorg as client in Xwayland. reddit and ubuntu forums are plenty of these crashes, but nobody of freedesktop say the true, that xorg is broken in that platform.

Although, It is possible that Xorg works fine for your hardware, you know.

I'm using Plasma Wayland right now and things seem far, far more stable then when I tried it a few months ago. Currently the only functionality I'm missing is easily scriptable screenshots. All compositing effects I use seem to work well, and with much lower latency than with X.
The only thing that feels unpolished to me is Libinput, but that's mostly due to its developers trusting that app devs will implement their own scrolling/gestures. They don't.

I chuckled