>"Linux is easier than Windows!"
>It's not

Attached: 157.jpg (803x688, 104K)

brainlet

>Thinking Windows is more difficult than Linux
Brainlet

Here is a problem to solve in windows
and the same problem in Linux

have the operating system enumerate all terminals and clients, and other peripherals on the network and sort them into their respective types For example, so that the readout is similar to this

5 terminals
45 clients
3 printers
3 scanners
etc etc
I guarantee you linux will be far more efficient at doing that

retard

>"Linux is easier than Windows!"
Says no one ever

it is if you have a 3 digit IQ

Linux is a kernel
Windows is more difficult for anything that requires source code access

> Linux is a kernel
No it's not.

Nothing requires source code access, you just want source code access. You might have valid reasons for wanting source code access, but just using the software doesn't require that, and we all know you've never read the source for the majority of software that you use.

Wanting something and something affecting performance are different things, one is objective and is the actual subject of the thread.

I can't tell if this is b8 or not
Using Samba controller is 100% easier than Nmap

I prefer Linux btw
Being able to pickup a command line and go to OSx or BSD where it just werks, but then windows:
"Program or file does not exist"
When they are standard tools.. is just fucking stupid

Attached: 754174.jpg (968x663, 63K)

Shh, he's an idiot that's going to insist that GUI solutions are somehow inferior, even in situations where they give the same results.

Really, can you send me a link to download the Linux OS then?
But I do read the source code for the majority of software that I use. Just because you don't require source code to use the software does not mean everyone else is that short-sighted.

Then you had better be being paid to do that, because otherwise you're just doing that as a hobby, which brings us to the next point where the OS not providing you with a hobby isn't a knock against it. Just because you're required to just use it instead of reading how it works isn't an instance of lacking features when, by definition, "using a computer" entails just using it. Reading source is a different activity.

Using my computer to do my taxes and communicate with friends and relatives isn't a hobby. I don't get paid to do these things because they are required to live. Auditing the source code that I use to do this is required if I want to have security and privacy while I do it. Only a wintard would try to spin security and privacy as optional features.

In fact that is a hobby, you can do your taxes through paper in a few hours, assuming you itemize and shit, a few minutes if not. Actually reading enough source code to do anything tax related with security is days of work.

>My taxes can be done in a few hours therefore everyone else's taxes can be done in a few hours
No

>it's easy bro, just open a terminal and type 200 lines bro
>sorry bro you need to type sudo first
>ah yea bro sorry you need that package first bro hold on
>you'll see you will forget about double clicking icons soon haha
>you'll see how much faster it is to double click to open the terminal and then type commands instead of just double clicking on an icon bro
>lmao the installation failed bro no worries we're going to clean up by hand
>it's just some commands bro it looks like a lot but you get better everyday bro don't worry
>I hope you were not expecting it to work today though you have to understand the eco system bro
>it is far superior bro you won't look back
>LMAO there's no driver for your graphic card it's ok nothing a legacy driver can't fix
>Terminal looks better anyway at 640x480 you won't look back bro
every linux manchildren out there

>Having a job to be able to pay taxes
Why haven't I found a single Linux or BSD program that can let people file their taxes? Oh yeah... It's because most Linux and BSD users are unemployed and live under the lowest tax bracket.

I guess that gives them more time to audit source code for free, since they're not busy working and making money.

>Windows is more difficult for anything that requires source code access
Why do you need to access source code to fix a kernel that's not broken? And how does Windows limit your source code access to open source software designed for Windows?

8/10 - good effort, but you're still an amateur retard at best.

Windows is more difficult when interacting with the system, you shouldn't look at kernel code when deving for application layer
>windows.h

That's just an Archtard you're applying to. He just wants everything to be bleeding-edge and broken, so that he can finally feel employed while trying to fix an OS that nobody uses in the industry.

>He thinks the only way to file taxes is through some intuit botnet shit
No
>Windows
>not broken
0/10
>a closed source black box OS is secure because you can run an open source program on top of it
-1000000/10
>nobody except me should be able to look at kernel code because I am a perfect genius whose code has no bugs, and everyone else is dumb

Then automate it ;^)
>you could have a cron job noting down connected devices to monitor activity
>OR you could have jimmy look down at this gooey every hour and note down every device on a napkin, truly scalable
Do you work for the government?

Extra ghetto version:
>multiple monitor setup, resize control panel to cover everything, write a script that refreshes it and then makes a screenshot
Easily scales up for more devices with monitors, genius solution

Attached: h317jbk9sy221.jpg (1040x748, 58K)

>Being an absolute retard
Yup. Sure is summer.

>>nobody except me should be able to look at kernel code because I am a perfect genius whose code has no bugs, and everyone else is dumb
Literally not what I said

>Wintard
>Calling anyone else a summerfag
Kek, go back to your video games
Then post the windows 10 kernel source code

>>shitty implication
>that's not what I said
>then post THIS
Why? Even if I posted windows source, it won't change that that wasn't what I said. Are you a schizoanon?

For the turbo normie with very basic needs (web browsing, email, etc.), Linux is easier.

For the intermediate user that requires specific software for work or needs more control over their system, but is only comfortable with a GUI, Windows is easier.

For the advanced user that has very specific needs for their system, and is willing to muck around a bit to get things the way they want it, Linux is easier.

>For the turbo normie with very basic needs (web browsing, email, etc.), Linux is easier.
You forget that such normies don't keep their systems updated because they know they'll be dealing with dependency hell and braking their systems.

No I am just pointing out that
>you shouldn't look at kernel code when deving for application layer
Is the backwards way microsoft does things and is wrong

Windows is much, much easier : you use their GUI, you click here & there,done. In Linux there's tons of terminal commads but the advantage is that you can configure much more things.

The average normie doesn't know what a "dependency" is.

So every time you use any program, you do an audit of every ounce of source code in the kernel, just to make sure that the NSA hasn't injected anything into your OS through a JS file from the web?

You sound extremely schizoid.

Right... Because they don't update their software.

>So every time you use any program, you do an audit of every ounce of source code in the kernel
Yes
> just to make sure that the NSA hasn't injected anything hurr durr
No, there are lots of other bugs and problems that could occur in a kernel besides NSA backdoors
>You sound extremely schizoid.
Projecting

No, it's not, you don't look at the kernel source, neither when developing for linux nor for windows. Linux itself is 25 million lines, this doesn't include any of the userspace and other shit you'd be interacting with. It's literally too much for one person to grasp, things are changed and added faster than anyone could read. Please stop LARPing as a programmer if you don't even know of a concept of an API

>Linux is easier because I have to inspect my kernel everyday for bugs, before it breaks
By your standard of stupidity, Windows is easier because the kernel doesn't break, for you to have to inspect it everyday.

99.99999999999999999% of computing tasks do not require access to kernel source.

>Implying the majority of that 25 million lines isn't drivers for devices that I'm not using
>Implying the term "LARP" applies on an internet forum when this is literally the opposite of roleplaying in real life
>Implying that anyone here is roleplaying as a programmer besides you when you haven't even looked at the Linux source code and your only opinion on it is "it's too hard to read"

>Implying the majority of that 25 million lines is drivers for devices that you're not using
They're not; most drivers are binary blobs, retard.

>Implying I am enough of a cuck to use binary blobs

But you are a cuck. You actually audit your kernel everyday to make sure your PC doesn't crash. Nobody with an ounce of sanity devotes that much time to such schizophrenic symptoms.

>nobody needs kernel source but me because i am special
4 microsoft developer credits have been deposited into your account

>I don't use literally any modern hardware and insist on having access to the kernel source code for reasons I refuse to articulate
>Why won't anyone use my hobby OS?
Lintards are the real brainlets

lol, retard. little kids are using raspberry pi's and learning basic coding. get the fuck off of this board, you're too retarded to even use Windows.

>Wanting to have software that doesn't have bugs is a schizophrenic symptom
Behold how the winfag squirms and tries to rationalize his broken software
>Doesn't ship source code to honest paying customers
>"Modern hardware"
Kek

Windows is easier than linux for doing regular things.
If you want to get freaky and do shit like sharing a controller over network etc.. you're better off with linux.

>Wanting software that DOES have bugs
>Going into damage control mode over his own retardation
Lintard detected

>>Doesn't ship source code to honest paying customers
Customers want solutions, not ideology.

Well, Microsoft largely dealt wit the problem of dependency hell since Windows 8 (even though they also made an ungodly monstrosity of a UI by trying to mimic Unity through Metro). But since Windows 8, nobody has any issues with missing DLLs, dependency hell or breaking the kernel when they install software. And this is without package management.

Linux, on the other hand, still goes through kernel damage and dependency hell in spite of package managers. Is that why you have to inspect your kernel's source code daily? To make sure nothing breaks for the 93rd time this week?

>lololol my software has no bugs because i am perfect and never make mistakes, everyone else is dumb
Oh so we're back to this again
A locked down device with no instructions on how to operate it is not a solution

>still refuses to explain WHY he needs kernel source for LITERALLY ANYTHING
>laughs at idea of modern hardware because he can't afford it
Based retard

>Missing
Epic retard. You make the POSIXfag on the BSD shill thread look intelligent.

If it was not a solution for the vast, vast majority of the market, Linux would have more than 1% of the market. Linux does not have more than 1% of the market. QED nigger.

Those posts are 2 seconds apart dipshit. Anyway I'm not going to respond to your post, it's predicated on the assumption that Microsoft does things correctly, which is wrong

So you insist on using an OS that still does shit wrong, to the point that you have to audit its code everyday to make sure you didn't break it by using it normally? Windows users don't have to do that. Nor do macOS users and their code is openly available through Darwin.

>argumentum ad populum
Post disregarded. Consider that centuries ago 99% of people believed the world was flat

Linux is unironically easier.
Easier doesn't mean worse anyways, but linux is designed around simplicity. That's literally the entire point. Windows is so complex it became a giant mess that keeps getting more complex as it goes along.

>Yes, I'm an Arch user. How did you know?
>Oh shit; I broke my kernel by visiting Jow Forums with Lynx. I need to re-audit my kernel again
Gotta love that sheer, unbridled autism you display.

>Windows users can't do that even if they wanted to
Fixed
>Darwin
Is less than 5% of what actually ships with macOS
If you think neither of those OSes have bugs then you are delusional

>Disregarding facts from
Man, you really are retarded.

I don't see any facts there. Sorry but I don't argue with shills because you will never admit that Microsoft could ever do anything wrong. GTFO

>You'll never admit that Microsoft does anything wrong
>Oh fuck; my kernel crashed again when I moved my mouse. I need to re-audit my kernel for the 5th time today
Into the trash your opinion goes

>Microsoft
>Makes a new OS
>hmm.. how can we make it so people using older versions and designing older software won't have issues when updating to more modern technology?
>Well we could do x y and z... it would be messy but at least all our users will be happy and we can bring them onto modern systems.

>linuxfags
>new kernel
>lol fuck those guys, they can just use the older version.

Attached: 1545535375444.jpg (800x1300, 429K)

>Yes, I'm a Windows user. How did you know?
>Oh shit; I broke my entire OS by installing a botnet video game. I need to beg Microsoft for a fix and sit around and wait
>Oh the new mandatory update broke more shit and deleted my files
>But hey it's such a great thing that no users can look at the source code! I will defend this practice for eternity because somebody once told me that no one would ever need to do it

>reee reddit fallacies ree
Nigger get to the fucking point. You claim Windows is not a solution for 99% of users. Yet those users continue to use it. Because it is a solution for them. You can't seem to understand not everyone is autistic – a symptom, of course, of autism.

So do you have evidence that any updates have deleted user files on Windows 10, or are you just projecting what happened to you the last time you had to audit your kernel when you ran apt-get autoremove on Fagbuntu?

>Yet those users continue to use it.
That's called a "monopoly" and it's not desirable
>You can't seem to understand not everyone is autistic
Mindlessly defending a company which shits on you regularly is autism

He's "pretending to be" retarded.

I just use linux to run mundane tasks I need automated

>That's called a monopoly
I have used both Linux and Windows systems, and continue to use Windows to the exclusion of Linux. This is because Linux evangelists such as yourself are insufferable autistic children and dealing with you is not worth my time.

Yes but I don't give sources to shills because you will just cry and say they're faked.
>you had to audit your kernel
You keep saying this like it's a bad thing. It's not. If you want true security, you need to audit your kernel. No matter what OS you're on. With windows, it's not possible, you can't audit the windows kernel.

Don't you have a kernel you have to re-re-re-audit?

No because I already audited it. Care to post the windows 10 kernel source code so I can audit that too?

I don't need to because I have no fear of it breaking each time I use my computer. :^3

>reee muh kernel source reeee
I don't think you're capable of understanding this, but I'll try again. Literally nobody cares. Only hobbyists and kernel developers need the kernel source. Do you understand this? Do you think every use spends 10 hours a day staring at code irrelevant to their tasks? You do that because it's an autistic compulsion, like trainspotting or lining up your rubber duckies.

THis triggers the Lintard

>>it's easy bro, just open a terminal and type 200 lines bro
Never had to do this on a sane distro
>>sorry bro you need to type sudo first
You need to run that program as Administrator first in Windows
>>ah yea bro sorry you need that package first bro hold on
Never had this problem in a sane distro. This is what package management is for. Even in Slackware which doesn't do automatic dependency resolution, this is rarely a problem with build scripts.
>>you'll see you will forget about double clicking icons soon haha
Depending on your preference you can still do this in your DE of choice. Not everyone has to rice DWM.
>>you'll see how much faster it is to double click to open the terminal and then type commands instead of just double clicking on an icon bro
Nobody opens a terminal to run a regular ass program for. It's the equivalent of run in Widnwos.
>>lmao the installation failed bro no worries we're going to clean up by hand
No different from having a Windows install fails. good luck troubleshooting that one.
>>it's just some commands bro it looks like a lot but you get better everyday bro don't worry
The only commands any regular ass user needs to know is no larger than any accountant slut in the 1990s had to learn on DOS
>>I hope you were not expecting it to work today though you have to understand the eco system bro
Linux worked the day I installed it and still works today
>>it is far superior bro you won't look back
I certainly never did
>>LMAO there's no driver for your graphic card it's ok nothing a legacy driver can't fix
That's what you get for buying Jewvidia products
>>Terminal looks better anyway at 640x480 you won't look back bro
Whatever floats your boat. Of course, you can adjust the size to your leisure with basic keystrokes or menu configs on the more featured ones which every single DE ships with.

What blows my balls off with all these bait posts is that even KDE4 is fully featured enough for Windicks users out of the box.

Attached: 1563377587564.png (261x138, 51K)

>I make lifestyle choices based on my childish perception of others because I am insecure about my beliefs

Attached: 1563238636734.jpg (219x241, 13K)

>The only commands any regular ass user needs to know is no larger than any accountant slut in the 1990s had to learn on DOS
At least you admit Linux hobbyists are stuck in the '90s.

>I will continue to use Windows to leak personal information on facebook and install my botnet video games, and you can't stop me!
Cool story bro
Me neither, where is the code? You still haven't posted it
>Kernel source? Nobody needs that!
>Except for those people who I admit DO need that but will continue to deny that their concerns are important
>But hey having working software is just an autistic compulsion!
Stay cucked

>I think software is a lifestyle choice instead of using the product that best fits my needs
>I make my OS a lifestyle because I spend more time fixing it than working
Is this...the power...of the Linux...? woah...

Attached: FD8541B103F54B1B905BE09646FDF631.jpg (480x480, 32K)

>At least you admit Linux hobbyists are stuck in the '90s.
Maybe, but it sure beats needing to accomplish a task and not having the tools to do it without installing a Linux subsystem or niggerrigging shit to work in cygwin.

>I don't think you're capable of understanding this
He understands that perfectly, it's just that he chooses to be intentionally obtuse. Is this your first day on Jow Forums?

t. the OCD retard who has to inspect his kernel source every day to make sure normal computer use doesn't damage it.

>Me neither
You just admitted that you have to inspect the kernel everyday because of your defective OS, when I don't need to. And maybe if you were intelligent enough, you could reverse-engineer the source.

>except for the less than 1% of the population that would actually use kernel source access, and most Linux hobbyists don't, Linux is a worse solution than pretty much anything else
Glad we agree bro cheers

>But hey having working software is just an autistic compulsion!
Umm... Your admitting to inspecting your kernel every day is proof that your software is malfunctioning to autistic levels. How can you call that "having working software?" Working software implies that you don't need to inspect it daily, to make sure you don't turn your keyboard into a bonfire.

>inspect the kernel everyday
Kek, never said that
> reverse-engineer the source
It's not worth wasting my time doing it just because the shit company you shill for is too autistic to publish the source
>Less than 1% of the population is not important despite them having the will and the ability to fix bugs and audit the software
>Why? Because I said so
Stay cucked

>It's not worth wasting my time reverse-engineering the Windows kernel
Nor is it worth your time inspecting the Linux kernel daily

Linux is now a subset of Windows 10 though. You can run bash scripts natively if you want. I admit pre-Powershell Windows command line was an abortion, but Microsoft has never expected the end user to actually need it. Because Windows is a desktop operating system, not a server platform with hobbyist-maintained window managers and desktop environments tacked on.

>Daily
Where are you getting this? Nobody said that but you fags. Are winbabbies this cucked that because their OS forces broken updates daily, they think everyone else has this problem?

I never said you weren't important. You can continue to be a special important snowflake in your special snowflake ecosystem. I'm asking you to stop pretending your garbage hobbyist OS is useful for anyone but yourself. I know you won't, because you're literally too autistic to understand "what's best for me isn't best for everyone".

>Is this...the power...of the Linux...? woah...
I never have to fix Linux because I use Slackware, which is a stable point release distro and not Arch Linux, a steaming pile of shit rolling release distro with untested packages that a vocal minority on Jow Forums has memed all beginners into using as their first distro.
>t. the OCD retard who has to inspect his kernel source every day to make sure normal computer use doesn't damage it.
The most arduous thing I ever have to do on a fresh install is to add a wallpaper setting utility to my window manager's startup. Oh the horror, I have to manually do something on a window manager I voluntarily use over the other full fledged desktop environments that also come with the system I could have otherwise selected during the install! I use Linux because it works, while Windows on the other hand never lasts more than a few months without slowing to a goddamn crawl no matter how little you tamper with it. Don't even get me started on the constant micro disk writes that you can't turn off, or the god forsaken Windows Registry.

Attached: 1563621507538.jpg (3508x1640, 1.11M)

You actually said this earlier in the thread, retard. Or are you too mentally handicapped to scroll up at what you autistically shitpost?

No I admit my OS is useless. However Windows is even more useless. It's a toy operating system for computer illiterates.

You took offense to a post for saying Linux was not easier than Windows. Every single argument you've made since then has involved fucking source code audits. Do we need to enroll you in some fucking basic logic course? Do you not see the problem here?

>The most arduous thing I ever have to do on a fresh install is to add a wallpaper setting utility to my window manager's startup
Is that why you have to inspect your kernel daily on Arch? Because you broke it by updating your splash screen's wallpaper? God, you're pathetic.

>using Slackware
Oh, a literal NPC of the GNU/Linux world. Pathetic.

I've never said anything about "daily". That was you cucks. Nice bait though. Winfags will continue to kick and scream and make excuses because they realized they can't audit their own shitty kernel.