Car Stereo Bread

Car stereo thread
What aftermarket stereo do you use for your automobile Jow Forums?

Would you recommend it or not?

Attached: stereo.jpg (679x392, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/163705259231
youtu.be/srY_6wZTzZE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>wma

Attached: 1481878392610.jpg (469x409, 28K)

I was thinking about replacing my car's stereo because it has no aux or bluetooth but I've never looked into this before, how easy or hard is it to install a $20 stereo off amazon?

I got one off aliexpress for $30. Plays "mp4" and has a rear camera that I need to figure out how to mount. For the same price you can get a double-bay version with a larger screen.

from what I can tell all you need to do is buy a conversion kit for your dash if your car doesn't have a single / double din slot, then it is as easy as following a youtube video and plugging in cables. It's almost as easy as building a computer

>wma in 2019

>single din
>bluetooth
>is orange or can change to orange
>simple look. doesnt look like a space ship
>cheap
can i get a rec?

if it doesnt do appleplay why bother

i think mine is pioneer or something
i also found a DuaL very cheap but never put it in

what's stopping me from just putting a bluetooth speaker in my car and using my phone?

/o/

losing out on the quality of the speakers in your car vs a whatever you paid BT speaker

but what if the speakers in my car are shit?

ebay.com/itm/163705259231

You'll probably get clear sounds up to ~80% of the max volume.

Bluetooth speakers are low powered speakers and typically single speakers rather than the car's built in 4-8 speaker sets.

but I have a 20 dollar bluetooth speaker that sounds way better than anything in my car

It's far, far easier. My dad had me do it for some of his buddies when I was like 12 to make a couple bucks. Basic car audio is almost brainless.

Wrong. OEM car speakers are anywhere from 5-15x more powerful than any of your sub $100 bluetooth speakers.

You're literally comparing a 5w speaker to 100+w speakers built into cars. Unless the car speakers is suffering from defect, 5w speakers will NEVER match any of the higher rated speakers.

Then nothing is stopping you other than maybe local handset laws, in which case just get a handfree phone mount. You could also just get good car audio if you actually gave a sit but it doesn't seem like you do.

dude I can use my ears. If I put the volume above like 30% the speakers in the car completely distort.

Car stereo issue, probably shitty chip. Change it.

I think you're forgetting that the 90s existed dude. An assload of used cars I've been in sound like tin. The power output may be higher by the audio quality is for shit.

Its not an issue with speakers but with older stereo which uses shittier audio drivers. You can buy yourself a cheap sub $5 50w class D/T amp today that can effectively replace those older bulky amplifiers in your home. Those components also are used in many of the modern cheap chinese car stereos as well. This is why sound quality will most likely be better for the same rated power.

I replaced my bulky old home amp with a cheap $3 to test it out 1 year ago. Been using it ever since as my daily driver.

Is it worth it getting a 2 din radio with navigation etc or am I better off just mounting my phone there and using an aux cable to the current radio?

Go big or go home. : youtu.be/srY_6wZTzZE

Somehow still working. Got it like 15 years ago at a Walmart for $65 (which I guess is the same story for a lot of people, judging by the site I got this image from)

Attached: sanyo_mdr4_box.jpg (376x316, 72K)