Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just order everything on Amazon these days

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just order everything on Amazon these days
>high street stores are dying out, they're staffed by people who rarely know what they're talking about, they have a limited stock, they require petrol to get to, they're only open during business hours and items are typically more expensive than buying online
>smaller online merchants have poor security practices and often get infected by card harvesting malware on their website, plus they have limited range/stock
>Amazon has a huge range of products from a
>Amazon Prime has next-day delivery, has a free 30-day trial if you plan on buying a lot of items at once
>don't have to give them your real name, just use a fake name (and make sure the postman is familiar with you) or get it sent to an Amazon locker
>don't have to give them your real address, can get it sent to your work address (which makes it harder to individually identify you since there are multiple people that work there and the secretary picks up the parcel) or you can get it sent to a locker
>don't have to give them your real card details, just use a virtual card
>return policy is extremely quick, easy and free-of-charge, if you're unsatisfied with a product or it's defective then you can easily return it and get a replacement/refund
>no need to use any of their other shit like Alexa, Prime Music or Prime TV

I know that I probably sound like a shill but they've practically perfected the shopping process. I see little reason to use any alternative these days.

Attached: amazon.png (583x360, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/amazon.html
amazon.com/Free-Software-Society-Selected-Stallman/dp/1441436200
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what do you tell the office admin when you go to pick up your parcel with a different name?

>Ordering dragon dildos to your work address

Carbon footprint
It's like shopping at a Walmart 40 miles away instead of the Aldi down the street

the different name

>muh carbon footprint

I'm friendly with the staff in my office since I'm not a sperglord so they honestly don't care that I use an alias.

If everyone ordered from Amazon it would reduce the total carbon footprint. One Amazon driver delivering 100 parcels is better than 100 individuals driving their cars to the nearest store.

current year Amazon is just a stupid person's AliExpress

are dragon dildos visible on mail xray machines? asking for a friend

With better return policies and consumer protection. Not to mention getting stuff shipped in a day or two rather than waiting a month for something direct from china.

Doesn't really matter. I usually tell them it's a joke between friends that we send each other stuff with aliases.

>giving money to the chinese
>actually funding the destruction of the western values of liberal democracy
Bezos wants to takes us to other planets. The chinks want you to obey the party's orders.

Mail is not xrayed in the US unless it's being imported or they have a reason to believe it's something illegal.
Also the answer is yes.

It's not always amazon, but I buy pretty much everything online these days except for food because commodities are still cheaper at supermarkets and I want to pick out and squeeze my own fruit so I know I'm not buying bruised and damaged produce.

It's fast if it's not shipped by amazon themselves.
I hardly ever pay sales tax on online purchases and my state tax board can go fuck themselves.
>please report the amount of untaxed online purchases you made in 2018

Attached: konata chippu.png (507x540, 324K)

Can't have a brief chat with QT cashiers

pic unrelated

Attached: 5abbf429631af036008b4a12-750-563.jpg (750x563, 89K)

stallman.org/amazon.html

Attached: 1545252178230.png (1281x720, 659K)

ylyl
amazon.com/Free-Software-Society-Selected-Stallman/dp/1441436200

QTs don't work in electrical stores. Usually they hire men in their late-teens/early 20s who are told to try and sell as many gold-plated TOSLINK cables as possible.

Packages just need to get bundled. You may have to wait longer but it gets shipped alongside other things to you and people around you. Amazon will never do this though.
And products need to get delivered to stores as well. The fruit you buy in a grocery store imported from literally the other side of the globe is probably a lot worse.
Also most stores simply don't have good products. Some e.g. bio/organic stores might have them but there aren't many around and they also don't have a lot of stuff.

Attached: PersonalCarbonSources.png (452x439, 141K)

I'm just here to post about how everything about capitalism is perfect and shouldn't be questioned then throw tantrums when a company gets big. Unless they're ruining the country via lobbying (for example taxes would be done for free by the government if H&R didn't throw a shitfit over losing business because of it) I have no reason to not use them if they offer me the product I want with the best conditions

Could not give less of a shit if Amazon exploits dumb amerilard wagies and I don't purchase books, music, spyware home assistants, etc. They may have a catalog of every single product I've ordered but I can at least disassociate that from my true identity.

If you order multiple items at once, Amazon does give you the option to delay the delivery of the earlier items and reduce the number of deliveries that need to be made to you. Although Amazon do have a tendency to use comically oversized boxes for their deliveries. I bought a new M.2 SSD and some RAM the other day and they came in individual boxes that were at least 10 times the size of the actual product.

I will continue to enjoy shopping at Amazon until President Warren breaks it up.

call me TiananmenExpress has next day shipping.

Nigga, I don't give a fuck about that shit. I'll be long dead by the time global warming causes any real problems. Fuck the next generation. It's their problem.

They're as butthurt about the oversized boxes as you are--that's space in the truck that could be used for other things.
That's why a lot of random tiny shit is getting shipped in plastic mailers now.

Amazon's great and they pretty much take back anything for any reason. I used to buy a lot from newegg, but their return policy is shit

>Fuck the next generation. It's their problem.
>t. boomer

Attached: IT'S FRIDAY.png (1925x1130, 578K)

What's the name of that game. The HUD looks very familiar.

He literally says what game he's playing

>caring about the environment

Attached: 1512925639999.png (469x452, 244K)

I would lose my 6 figure job where all I do is shitpost and take online classes.
Give me at least 4 more years of this life.

I order everything (including food) off Amazon with my Amazon credit card :)

THIS?

even dairy and produce?

99% of it is just ethics. Jeff Bezos is a fucking monster. Also in the case of some hobbies like record collecting, vidya, or TCGs, brick-and-mortar stores are extremely comfy

It's Motherload, a flash game classic

>I'm not a sperglord so they honestly don't care that I use an alias
If you're ordering mail-order with an alias, you're either a sperglord or committing credit card fraud.

>Can't have a brief chat with QT cashiers
I'd literally have been laid a few less times if amazon was as common then as now.

>QTs don't work in electrical stores
They do on the checkout counters, you're kind of right about sales staff though.

>Also in the case of some hobbies like record collecting, vidya, or TCGs, brick-and-mortar stores are extremely comfy
There are definitely some real businesses which benefit from interacting with staff and a physical place for customers to go to. Niche collecting is an edge case though because online stores benefit from the scale that lets someone find obscure records on the other side of the country.

Because half of the time I order a branded accessory I get a chinese knock-offs
Some of these chinese knock-offs spambots flood the reviews with 5 stars
See Samsung/Apple charger reviews on amazon for a great example
See also chinese screen protectors

To be fair, you need to know what is good regardless. Retail stores sell over priced chink shit too.

holy fuck i havent played motherlode in forever

newegg is generally better and cheaper for computer hardware. I use amazon for about everything else.

because the owner is a kike?
ebay and some other places have better deals on a lot of stuff
also the $15 prime fee is bullshit
should be $5 tops

motherlode.

>boomer wojack edit
>Metallica poster without Cliff
>Metallica poster without even fucking Jason
A zoomer made this. It's been pissing me off for a while, but I finally had to say something.

Online warranties and return policies are a sham. I can waltz into my store and ask for an instant refund no questions asked within 14 days. Then it takes a few days max for a replacement or refund.

Amazon prime is also a scam, "the more you pay the more you save!" is the oldest trick in the book.

They're really not as cheap as you think.

I don't trust a single company with many services.

Plus, shipping is 1-2, sometimes 3 weeks unless your country has an amazon warehouse.

I use payment tokens that I freeze to order stuff off a prime account that 2 of my friends and all 3 other members of my family pitch into. $1.65 per month for the shipping is totally worth it.

Because Amazon is an evil company and you really shouldn't support them if you have reasonable alternatives?

>carbon footprint

Being this much of a faggot

Usually amazon isn't the cheapest place to buy something.

Amazon has shitty prices.

>give me one good reason
Why do you need convincing? Ask yourself this

Just went out of my way to find a product from an independent site in my country, took 30 mins to find on Google, ordered with 5 day shipping, then after 3 days they email me to say they don't have it in stock and don't have an ETA on when it will be in stock.
Went on Amazon, 2 mins, ordered with prime and here tomorrow. Can't compete with that shit

We'll talk again, but not until we have that shit from Megas XLR, where you say what you want and it materializes in front of you...

>Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just order everything on Amazon these days

their site uses an algorithm which analyzes your purchase, search and click/view history and automatically adjusts the prices of things you want to buy to be more expensive than they should. particularly the things you buy most frequently. they will ALWAYS be more expensive than what they should be.
you'd be better off buying groceries through app/web ordering online. most major chians offer delivery or curb side pickup. and the same stores often have all the necessities including hardware items and electronics. with local competition between stores you are sure to get the most out of your dollar.

>their site uses an algorithm which analyzes your purchase, search and click/view history and automatically adjusts the prices of things you want to buy to be more expensive than they should
That shouldn't be possible. I'm not the center of the world, am I?

Amazon has the worst return policies and consumer protection out of every big seller. only benefit is shipping speed

>actually funding the destruction of the western values
you just made me consider aliexpress as a go to choice for my shopping

Not*everything* can be bought off amazon.
They also have a counterfeiting problem that has to be dealt with soon™
And in some cases it may be somewhat cheaper to headout to buy the item in a store because of the "free shipping" markup.

Its nice, but its not an end-all solution.

None prime orders are overridden by new prime orders that generate in real time. Your non prime order won’t get shipped until all prime orders are cleared long enough for the warehouse employee to walk to your product and scan it in
>t. Worked at amazon
It’s a scam, but you get fucked in the ass without it

I bought my first thing from Amazon last year, a GTX 1080 which was 490€ there and over 650€ on local stores.

I bought my second thing from Amazon today, the core D&D 5E books for 28€ each when local stores have them for 50€ each.

im glad the high street is going bye bye, shopping in britain is a nightmare
>shit traffic everywhere
>extortionate parking fees and fines
>overpriced public transport
>sweaty unwashed masses
>gangs of chavs outside every shop
>phone zombies walking into you
>homeless beggars on every corner
>streets filled with foreigners who cant speak english
>

Noooooooo stop ordering from amazon I don't want to go back into the cage. PLEASE!! ANYTHING BUT THE CAGE

Attached: 1542220556833.jpg (1500x1200, 257K)

>petrol
I read that far and ignored the rest of your post because you're a britstain, it doesn't matter how you numb the pain of living on airstrip 1

Sounds like a better American mall
>shit food
>a jewelry store or two
>30 clothes stores
>10 shoe stores
>2 bathrooms

Gonna need a source senpai

amazon delayed my last cpu purchase repeatedly so i cancelled it and only order pc stuff from scan now and no issues

Low quality LARP.

I want to live long enough to see this!

my ip changes every day and not just the last octett, but the first one. My browser doesn't even save anything, not even evercookie could catch me. It is not possible for some users here to be fetched by that algorithm, but I'll give you that: Yes there is an algorithm based on your IP. If you live in a big city you may pay more, because some stores online (can also say that for germany) show you a pricing depending on your location. When I want to buy something I let all my friends take a look and whoever has the best price orders it.

It’s pretty close. Look at large machine operators in factories

If you drop the meme concept of locking wagies in the cagies, it's basically just a forklift with a grabber arm instead of forks.

here you go, friend. you can die now.

Attached: 1562274977764.jpg (1080x1080, 122K)

it doesn't go by ip. it associates it with your amazon account.

you must not order much from amazon to not see this happen yourself. or you're too stupid to notice.

it's trivial to track search/purchase history. it's all done automatically without human intervention. and amazon has every incentive to do this as it maximizes the money they take from you.

**not just
it will look at ip address, cookies and all and associate all of that permanently with your amazon account (on their cloud)

>Don't need to put up with delivery-related shit
>Not supporting a company that treats their employees that badly
>Not playing a sheep's part in creating a monopoly

so you don't have a source

wrong

I can't imagine what crazy terrible experience he had in order to come to that conclusion.

strawman

You are doing nothing to help prevent climate change. In fact you may just be making it worse by not using the post to buy everything, which is far more efficient than using your own car.
People who pretend to care about climate change are the worst. I bet you think we can "stop" it too, as if humans have some godlike ability to stop the ice cap melting feedback loop.

>Don't need to put up with delivery-related shit
Next day delivery and easy returns. I'm okay with these.
>Not supporting a company that treats their employees that badly
Those are the jobs they signed up for. If they don't like the job they're free to leave and if they have any semblance of marketable skill they wouldn't be working there. They should be glad that their source of income aren't outsourced nor automated yet.
>Not playing a sheep's part in creating a monopoly
It's hard not to be a monopoly when the competitors can't even keep up.

Because I deliver their shit, and since they don't require a signature, I just drop them wherever.

Solid reference

Honestly, I feel like they're dying because of their shop choices but I can't figure out why they did it. Cant find a reason to set foot in a mall anymore.

>crack joke with girl at til
>she smiles
>ask for her number
>fat, sweaty looking store manager walks behind the til
>qt girl gets nervous and ends up looking down
>take my stuff and go
i went back a few minutes later and got it. the floor people are mostly fat dudes or middle aged guys, all the qt ones are cashiers.

its nice to have both options. sometimes i want to buy and have something the same day.

yes, this is why someone will post a deal and I'll go look at it and it'll be exactly the same price
The algorithm is totally raising the prices! trust me guys

>$15 prime fee

Wut? It's $120 a year, so $10 a month. Which is still high, but not $15.

>order enough stuff on amazon that invariably 1-2 packages a month get delayed
>customer service pajeets instantly give a $10 credit once I bring up that I pay $120/yr for a prime guarantee
>prime's cost is effectively negated