1440p/144hz IPS or 1080p/240hz TN ?

1440p/144hz IPS or 1080p/240hz TN ?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/gaming/
displayninja.com/new-monitors-in-2019/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1440p/144hz IPS
where the fuck can i find these

grow up, gaymer queer

internet, they're everywhere

Micro Center they sell them for $350

>1440p/144hz IPS
This. I can't switch back to TN panels after using IPS

Nixeus EDG 27 is by far the best for your money. There's a cheap Dell and some ASUS models but they're both inferior having done autistic research on all of them
240hz is ONLY useful for VR since it uses double the frames, there's hardly any difference between 120-144hz and even 90-120 isn't much
>makes shitposts like these about someone having a hobby you don't like
>telling anyone to grow up

4k 60Hz

1440p 60hz master race

No, I don't play CS:GO

1440p/144Hz IPS easily. It is more expensive but it's definitely worth the additional cost compared to similarly sized TN displays. The biggest problems with IPS will be the backlight bleed (which is practically inevitable) but it's only noticable when you stare at a black screen in a dark room (which rarely happens during normal use).

the only vesa mountable one ive found is the aorus ad27qd
ill take a look.
>Nixeus EDG 27
interesting

>why yes I want my monitor to be both useless for vidya and useless for everything else
>60hz
no. I know you're going to go "muh placebo" but high framerates aren't even comparable
BLB is a defect which is different from IPS glow, though I don't ever notice either on mine. You'll see these pictures where it's really bad but that's due to the cameras, the same glow would barely if at all be noticeable in person

>60Hz is "useless"
no one can be this retarded, you must be trolling

60Hz is the standard for computer monitors, if anything increased refresh rates are a meme. You're not a professional CS:GO player, stop pretending.

>Micro Center they sell them for $350
the xf270hu isnt ips. its TN

>I never used it but it's a meme
The 4k part was what I was referring to as useless, though you're clearly an easily impressionable retard that can't think for himself and just buys what Jow Forums tells him to

are you not looking on amazon on purpose or something?
i have 1440p 144hz 27" from acer and a snsv one before that from 2016, both found extremely easily

But XF27HUA is IPS, Freesync, 144hz/1440p and thin bezels

mg279q freesync
pg279q gaysync

>inevitable
it s onyl inevitable because AUoptronics ( the maker of all of these panels ) is fucking gargabe and has 0 quality control

Listen to
ASUS has abysmal build quality and commonly needs multiple monitors sent back, and even when it works it still has worse BLB/glow than the Nixeus, not only that but you're paying $250+ extra for a worse monitor

I almost fell for the meme and am trying to stop others from doing so

IPS. I'd take a 1080p60Hz IPS over a 1080p144Hz TN any day.

Best monitor soon

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-201531_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1439x2418, 1.06M)

Huh, I'm the one shilling the Nixeus and am wondering if this will be better, kind of hoping it isn't since I bought my nixeus recently

Idk what a nixeus is but this is the first 1ms ips for 1440p 144hz and its made by lg

>find monitor at a good price point and all the specs you want
>it's a curved meme
>every goddamn time

Attached: pepe rage.jpg (591x590, 79K)

>gaming
>hobby
cringe

1440p/144hz VA QLED

wtf just 499$ for a gaysync panel ? and HDR 10 ?

Monitor brand that makes a far better 144hz/1440p/freesync/ips etc. monitor than more expensive ASUS alternatives. The LG seems a little too good to be true given they could charge more and still take business from ASUS

I have this monitor, and its pretty fucking nice. No dead pixels or any backlight bleed, and the stand it comes with is very nice. Coming from a 1080p 60hz 27", its a noticeable improvement.

literally anything above 60hz is a meme. you dont notice anything its a placebo

t. eyelett

Nice shitpost retard. If you ever used a 144hz monitor, you'd notice the difference just from moving the mouse

On my 1080p/60hz screen, doing something as simple as a bunch of tabs open in firefox and smooth-scrolling through them causes them to appear blurry and unreadable until the bar stops moving. I'd gladly upgrade to a 144hz monitor if it means reducing problems like this.

t.gayming zoomers

I fell for the meme and after 3 RMA's i just said fuck it and kept the last one they sent me.
I now have an Asus PG279Q where 1/4th of the screen has a colder white color temperature compared to the rest but no dead/stuck pixels and BLB.

Apart from that, 1440p 165Hz and IPS is a godsend.
FUCK ASUS
FUCK AU OPTRONICS

Cause the real panel companies sell them the rejects. Best to buy directly from samsung and lg imo

>derailing an on topic thread with low effort shitposting because people like something you don't
You're the zoomer bud

>no dude i NEED to play fartnite at 144hz or else it lags 1!1!!11

I would love to see some pepsi challenge type tests to see if anyone can really tell the difference between 144Hz and 240Hz.
I've seen a few where people can't tell between 60 and 144

I don't think I have ever seen an LG monitor. Do they make good ones?

(You)

Which would you pick?
Dell
27", 1440p, 155hz, TN, flat
Or
MSI
27", 1440p, 144hz, VA, Curved

Also, how much of a difference would a denser ppi be? 1440p on 24" Dell offering for a similar price. Would it look better?

>155hz
what?

Why is there so much variety in monitor tech?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reddit.com/r/gaming/

There are multiple aspects to the answer to that question, but basically whenever an old standard becomes outdated, there's almost always a flurry of contending formats/standards for what will become the new normal, and eventually one wins out.

In the case of monitors, 1080p/60hz has been the standard for like 15 years now. We're also at the point where any mid/low-range PC setup can max out 1080p/60hz, and the TV/monitor companies want to sell something new as well instead of not making money when everyone already has all the 1080p/60hz screens they could ever want.

It's sort of like how over the past 10 years, TV companies have pushed a ton of dumb memes like curved TVs and 3D TVs and all this other bullshit. Why? Because TV sales were slowing down due to market saturation of normal 1080p displays. And they kept trying random shit until eventually the 4K meme stuck.

The refresh rate is 155 hz

why?

>lumping me in with the rest when I'm arguing for 60Hz and not meme gayming monitors
awful shitpost

Idk, i guess they think those 10 extra hz are gonna sell better.

>using a monitor for gayming

>You don't play your games on a LED covered breadboard that you build yourself.

So what do you think is the 4k of monitors?

The former, past 120 Hz it's diminishing returns in most titles.

1440p/144hz IPS

Attached: file.png (425x345, 127K)

Depends on context and how someone is using them. I'd say for the large majority of people, a 4K monitor is a dumb meme because unless you use a massive monitor (which IMO is inconvenient) and/or sit way too close to your screen, you probably won't be able to discern any visible difference in resolution anyway. For games specifically, we're talking about a hefty tax on your performance for extremely minimal gains in how good your game is going to look. But I'd say it might be worthwhile for someone who does stuff like video production and would just benefit from having the extra screen space over 1440p

And what I said about 4K not being worth it goes triple for 4K TVs, btw. All the people buying 4K TVs to use in their living rooms ~15 feet away from the couch won't be able to tell a goddamn difference whatsoever.
And after 4K sales slow down, then they're going to start really rolling out the 8K meme

I just want an upgrade from my old HP 1080p 24". A nice general use monitor that's 27" or bigger that also has good build quality would do but there's so many different options. Why do they have to make it so confusing?

144. Diminishing returns past about 120 hz

do you play vidya? are you okay with requiring the latest cutting-edge graphics cards capable of pushing 100+ fps? If yes, then consider 144hz, if not, just stick with standard 60hz.
For size, I think 1440p is perfect at 27". Good amount of screen space, good size, good pixel density at that size and resolution.

gsync-compatible, meaning freesync but NVIDIA officially tested it to work with its cards.

I picked up an Acer XB271HU bmiprz from Microcenter the other day. Showed them the abmiprz on Amazon (which was $500) and then stacked on the student discount ($50) and got it for $475. Immoral but excellent.

i have the 27 inch dell you are asking about. it is pretty good. colors are not bad for a TN
I don't like curved panels.

>falling for the 240HZ meme
1440P 144HZ

This, you're not a "professional" gookclick/csgo player, you don't need that shit.

Never listen to Jow Forums. In 2010 they tried to tell me that 1080p was a meme and only 1920x1200 or 720p were worth the money. Jow Forums is just stupid.

Sounds great but LG are fucking garbage. It must stand for "Low Grade" especially in their marketing and support department.

Unless you're playing CS:GO professionally (or have a shit GPU), get the 1440p.

But 1920x1200 is objectively better

KEK, now it get it

Of course it has more screen space but it's not as well supported in games and costs more.

>only company that makes high end oled tvs
>fucking garbage
Looooool
They used to be fucking garbage though i hated lg a decade ago. Now the dominate everything market they touch except phones because samsung won

I don't really play games outside of emulators. I've got a 650ti I bought new and don't plan on getting another card until it dies so I'll stick with 1080p 60hz and just get a bigger screen. Thanks.

1200P is (((superior))) except that you cant get it in refresh rates above 60, aside from rare panel

What games don't support it? And even if that were the case, it's easy to just set your GPU scaling settings to just letterbox games running at 1920x1080

Whats the point of a monitor that is greater than 60hz? I am talking for real work not """gaming""".

Everything?
Regular consumers don't know shit about their electronics. They buy smartfridges and OLED TVs manufactured by other companies, branded and priced by LG in their local store.
Idiot normies drove the market and burn-in prone 40+ inch several thousand dollar TVs for their retarded children and asinine sportsball viewing.
But LG seems to have never made a good manufacturer acquisition; Their smartphone division is constantly failing, their normie home electronics is overpriced, over-engineered, over-reliant on software, unnecessary and always breaking with no customer support in competent English. They scream poo-in-street company.

Over 60Hz is going to be smoother, but very few media sources are going to use it. If you are some kind of video editor you might be able to use it but then again your ass wouldn't be here asking for advice or be that limited in budget if you do edit that stuff.

so for programming there is no point in a high refresh rate monitor.

Not if you're a very slow programmer.

For that kind of work things like screen size, image quality and resolution will probably do more good for you.

Autism rant while admiting lg makes the best home appliances like i said. They make the best shit

Obviously high refresh is for gaymen. Having a smoother scroll on webpages and smoother mouse movement doesnt help programming at all. Thought its nice i guess

Is there anything out there with freesync/low-latency compensation that actually has decent contrast and color reproduction so I can use it for both gaming and for art/photo work?

Don't get TN.

This needs to be a bannable offense.

>All the people buying 4K TVs to use in their living rooms ~15 feet away from the couch won't be able to tell a goddamn difference whatsoever.
True, we're unlikely to notice a difference between 1080p and 4k. HOWEVER, most tech savvy people are buying new TVs for the HDR/local dimming which, when properly implemented, is a VERY noticeable improvement to a normal person compared to an SDR TV without local dimming.

If you ever find one please pm me the model. Thanks.

>1440p is literally placebo compared to 1080p
>so is 240 gorillion hz compared to 120hz
1080p 120hz master race, anything else is for gaymer kiddies and audiophile tier cringe

32" 1080p 120hz IPS is the master race of monitors

I mean LG, unlike everyone else, actually does make their own panels so they can probably get away with it.

Wait for 1080p 240hz IPS. AUO 1080p 240hz panels are supposed to release from this month to September.
Just wait a little longer and you can have everything you want in one.

have sex

>1440p is a placebo
Imagine being this fucking blind and stupid
Once again the poor ass neets on Jow Forums have to dog on everything that isn't yard sale tier garbage

Fair enough, but it's still complete bullshit how they pair these things together. Is it even possible to get a TV with HDR/local dimming with it just being 1080p?

>t. framelet

Neat. Also more display model roadmaps here:
displayninja.com/new-monitors-in-2019/
Samsung will be releasing the first 34" 240Hz Ultrawide 1080p and Asus's ROG Swift PG27UQX based on a AUO Mini-LED will have over 500 zone FALD would should improve static contrast and cut down on IPS glow.

>get pg279q
>first one had appalling backlight bleed
>send it back
>buy another
>it's perfect no defect
>month later a fucking thunder bug / thrip dies in the middle of the screen between the backlight and screen
>set up RMA

Well they are going to send me a refurbished one because apparently ASUS don't repair LCD monitors, only replace with refurbished unless it happened in the first 7 days. I would really rather they just take it apart in a clean room, remove the insect and put it back together.

Fate truly is cruel, I'd have a go at taking it apart myself but it's 100% guaranteed I would break something.

Neither of those, get a 1440p/144hz with VA panel.

same size?
1440p oc