>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Editing, VMs
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 3200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in code) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOP, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>RX 5700 - even higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - basic
>RX 5700XT - standard
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 blower is ok, due to low power.

Cases based on current pricing:
>CM Mastercase H100 - least meme ITX option
>Fractal Design Meshify C - tried and true mesh case. does the job
>NZXT H500 - cheap if you can stomach negative airflow
>Lian Li O11D - expensive but the best case for liquid and AIO cooling hands down

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important
>SSD Guide (250GB+ SATA minimum): i.imgur.com/79MYtoE.png
>NVMe isn't better than SATA for gaming
>Don't use Speccy

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: this image triggers boomers.jpg (1600x1200, 572K)

Buy prebuilts

Does the RTX 2070 serve any purpose when the 2060 super exists?
Also, if I really don't want a blower fan and don't want to wait til August, is the 2060 super a valid choice?

shit on my build or better yet r8 for TOTAL GAMING PERFORMANCE, I do little to no productivity stuff on the computer

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K + be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
MOBO: ROG STRIX Z390-E
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600
GPU: PSU: ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 2 TB M.2
GPU: PSU: ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti
PSU: Corsair RMX 850W
NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower

I'm new to pc building and won't do liquid cooling. Also ryzen is really cool but from the benchmarks I've seen i9 is still better at 1440p 144hz ?

Good build, go intel if money isn't a problem

I just finished a new build and have an issue, the pc is stuck on the windows 10 logo, with the loading symbol spinning. When I first turned it on, it recognised the new cpu, etc, and asked if I wanted to enter the bios, but I decided to laid it at default. Has been stuck on the windows logo for 10 minutes now.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 17K)

To be more clear, I have windows on my old drive and I have also installed a new drive with nothing on it. My plan was to clone windows onto my new drive.

I LOVE AMD

Attached: 1475875119112.jpg (600x600, 48K)

Tomahawk MAX when?

Attached: 1358245421107.gif (420x315, 456K)

>Does the RTX 2070 serve any purpose when the 2060 super exists?
No, not really

Nvm lads, it's on "getting devices ready" now.

Would this be able to pull of 1440p 60 FPS gaming? If so what's a decent monitor? All the ones I'm looking at seem really expensive with a host of problems even at the high price. Also would require a CPU fan? If I'm not mistaken the one I picked comes with a wraith cooler correct?

Attached: build.png (878x493, 37K)

I guess I use 2 and 4 then

Attached: IMG_20190724_210801.jpg (4000x2250, 3.35M)

I need at least a TB of storage that I can access quick/load quickly, HDD or SSD?

My new 3900X x570 system crashed after changing a single RGB setting in ROG Armory Crate and when it rebooted my onboard wifi and bluetooth networks were dead and I can't do shit to revive them. Even tried wiping the disks and reinstalling winblows and drivers multiple times.

Any ideas?

No point in getting a 1TB HDD anymore unless a $50 difference breaks your budget, in which case why the fuck are you buying new parts and not saving your money into an interest-generating account??

So I havent built a computer in 8 years and plan to help a friend build a 9700k setup. Im looking at some reviews and see people calling out idiots that didnt follow Intel's recommended max mem speed. I check some pages and see the max memory speed for the 9700k is 2666??? Is this correct? I've seen some newegg reviews of people using 3200 mhz without problems so Im just a little uneasy

Attached: mem9700.jpg (912x381, 33K)

Installed an m.2 but windows hasn't detected it. Any ideas?

Should I just get x570 or stick with b450 for r5 3600?

Unlike AMD, Intel's IMC is bulletproof and can handle 4000MHz+

I have a 3600 on a b450. No issues with it. Waste of money and time buying a new board imo if you already have one.

Im gonna replace my old sandy bridge

So is it fine to purchase 32 gb 3200 mhz RAM?

Can anyone recommend me some good Z390 motherboards that have low VRM temps?

saphire nitroro rx 470 for 70 dollars or xfx rx480 8gb for 100, which one is worth it the most? im assuming the 470 was mined on and from wat i know the xfx 480 was only used for gaming.

Personally, I just flip XMP on and call it a day.

Memory-related issues are a bitch to troubleshoot, and symptoms often resemble some other hardware failure. RAM is just one of those things you don't really touch because to truly optimize and maximize performance requires a lot of testing and trial and error, at the steep risk of crashes and corrupt data.

Asus and Asrock are decent brands
MSI is meh
Avoid Gigabyte like the plague
Avoid low-end boards--they're all crap regardless of manufacturer.

When non blower 5700/xt come out would the prices be lower for the blowers?
I live in a pretty noisy place anyways
I have an air filter running 24/7
The loudest refrigerator in the world
Also overweight people living above with lead feet and no knees

>would this be able to pull of 1440p 60 FPS gaming?
without a hassle
>If so what's a decent monitor?
1440p, 144 Hz, IPS/VA, partial g-sync (freesync but compatible with nvidia cards). I'm ordering a similar build and found this model: AOC CQ32G1.
>All the ones I'm looking at seem really expensive with a host of problems even at the high price
a perfect monitor doesn't exist. there's always some sort of flaw.
>Also would require a CPU fan?
up to you, if you gonna OC - yes. If not, then buy it later.
>the one I picked comes with a wraith cooler correct?
wraith prism

This post is completely wrong.

MSI is decent
Aorus boards are the best z390/x570
Asus and asrock are chink tier

>When non blower 5700/xt come out would the prices be lower for the blowers?
no
unless you buy someones blower off ebay that just upgraded to an aib

must say, I am enjoying my x570 aorus elite

Also ryzen is really cool but from the benchmarks I've seen i9 is still better at 1440p 144hz ?
Mate you would need to game at 1080p medium setting to see a difference beetween the 3900x and the i9 other than price, also dont expect to be able to run the i9 at full strenght without closed loop autism

Attached: coq.jpg (178x176, 13K)

let's say I want to buy the monitor last, is using my tv as a monitor okay?

Should I just buy an RTX 2070 Super now or wait for AMD to release their 5800/5900 XT gpu?

yes, for anything other than gaming

jesus christ I cant write today, lets try that again
>Also ryzen is really cool but from the benchmarks I've seen i9 is still better at 1440p 144hz ?
Mate you would need to game at 1080p on medium settings to see a difference beetween the 3900x and the i9 other than price, also dont expect to be able to run the i9 at full strength without closed loop autism

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (192x192, 1.3M)

I have a 3600X on a b450 Tomahawk and it doesn't post. CPU Debug light on. Flashed the new Bios, without cpu and ram. With CPU. Then with ram when that didn't work. And still doesn't work. Tried different Bios versions. It just doesn't work for me.

can't play forza with my new rig =(

Attached: forza4.png (1498x936, 210K)

Should've gotten a 570

Now that the 2080 super is out idk what to get.

Should I just get a 2080 for $639 on Newegg? The damn supers are 700+

why didnt you fucking link this on the old thread you fuckin retard

Well it's a bit late now. Already contacted my seller from who I got the board to return it

guys can I get a non shill answer, please
I REALLY REALLY want to get a 3600 but Im scared from all these non-POSTing, high voltage, fucked up BIOS horror stories. I want to make a micro atx build (ITX mobo is also fine). I was planning on getting an MSI B450M gaming plus since it has BIOS flashback (I have no previous CPU) and x570s are like $100 more
what are the odds that
>the flashback button update doesnt even fucking work
>i get voltageraped
please, Im just worried because everything surrounding this launch sounds like a total shitfest, when are the MAX mobos launching?

What's the reality of bottlenecking?

Say a 2200G and a 2080 for an extreme example.
Will it just limit the fps or will there be an actual annoying thing like stuttering, that wouldnt happen with an inferior GPU?
Also will a 2080 still perform better than a 2060 with the 2200g, even if both are bottlenecked?

Attached: cx550.jpg (960x1280, 155K)

Have a b450 and Ryzen 3600X.
Flashback does fuckall. Still doesn't post for me. Don't go MSI, just get Asus with an actual chipset that supports Zen 2 fully.

Tell me some good cases with good ventilation pls

Attached: 02b6b876d88d5d3a10fe36bb12ab4897284b19cf0a9c5b566572748839fda247.png (80x80, 678)

Listen dude. Wait about another month or two and wait for things to work themselves out.

You don't want to be a beta tester.

I mean, you should assume that you're going to have problems
you're buying an old $65 motherboard with a literally brand new $200 cpu
why do you expect this to work flawlessly

If you care about RTX and need it now. From what I've been told, the 2080 Super is basically another 1080ti so I suppose the 2070 Super might be the the equal of an overclocked 1070 .

rate my ram sticks

Attached: Screenshot_3.jpg (408x413, 49K)

9500gt = 8600gt
2600x = 1700x
2070 = 1070ti

you need to format or make a partition

My 290x is stating to artifact. Is a 590 a decent replacement for the next year or so? I don't feel like dropping $600+ on a new video card till next year. 1080p 144hz monitor is what I use.

i would go with the rx 480

>1080p 144hz
If you are only planning on using it for a year, I'd just get a 580.

the problem with using TVs as monitors is the high response times, a tn monitor is 1 ms while a tv can be 20 ms or more and yeah you do notice i already tried with my cheap samsung tv, lucky my tv has some kind of "gaming mode" which you use with consoles that reduces the response time by a lot so if you go for a tv look for one that has that option, not ideal and no freesync but if you don't play competitive games then it's fine

if you are not sure because of money you could look for a used 1080 ti or benchmarks of the 2070 super since it's pretty close to the 2080

>Gigabyte
>Release board
>Then re-release the same board under several different sku's and revisions
>Sometimes literally swapping out for cheaper parts
>This applies to both their motherboards and graphics cards
>Buying a board in-store is a crap shoot unless you research the fuck out of it
>Online you get whatever they give you
>Somehow this constitutes as being good

What the fuck is wrong with you
even a $150 GPU man.

Meshify C. I have one, it's bretty gud.

???

Is a 580 comparable to a 290x?

smallest case with the best cooling?

Yeah, it's a bit faster.

Building my first pc right now, this is much more frustrating than I expected. Why won't the fucking cooler just screw in god damn

Attached: 1546285632710.gif (600x600, 171K)

Hey guys, recently built a pc after getting some things with Prime Day. I have just about everything setup correctly, but there's one main issue I can't figure out - text color is weird for some letters. It's not all text, but it is a lot, including what I am typing right now (white background). Any idea what I can do to fix it? pic related. Does this look normal to everyone else? Using the tv that I did with my old pc that had no problems. If I screenshot it, it looks fine. My new monitor also looks fine. Any ideas?

Attached: 20190724_225845.jpg (2016x1134, 1.2M)

I can't find a single affordable 1440p monitor. Should I just give up and go for a 1080p rig? FULL HD monitors are literally half the price.

Just got my 3600 and b450 MSI Carbon Pro today - was having issues posting at first when I used gparted to format my USB 2.0 flash drive. Decided to use windows disk manager to delete and create the partition and I was able to get USB flashback to work correctly.

Still have issues everyone else is having where idle is 1.4something volts and has crazy temp swings. For now I have it on Windows balanced Power plan to keep the voltage down to like 1.2 at idle and about 39C on the stock cooler with 24C ambient temps. Haven't pushed the chip yet because I finished the build late.

Put in a lot more pressure than you're comfortable with, though make sure you don't go full tard rage mode and screw it in too much, once you know its in immediately switch back to the opposite side/corner and screw that in too, which may have take a bit more pressure than your first screw to get it in

t. literally built their first pc today with a 3600x and a noctua nh-d15

>missed all the dank monitor deals on prime day
I pity you user

The cooler is the most frustrating part. Especially if it doesn't have a good mounting system

I just finished building my first PC for the first time. I think I learned I'm retarded in the process.
>Spent 2 hours worrying about installing my Cooler Master on the CPU because it required a huge amount of pressure to get the x bracket screwed in
>Dropped a screw inside of my GPU
>Tried to pull the GPU out to get the screw out and it was stuck
>Turns out I just forget to unscrew the other screw
>Turned on everything to check it out and was getting a blackscreen
>I forgot to plug in the CPU cable
>Spent 30 minutes trying to put a 6+2 into the CPU slot instead of the 4+4 cable that was obviously labeled "CPU" that I somehow missed
>Realize that I forgot to buy a DVD drive
>Also forgot to buy a copy of Windows
It's not the greatest computer but it's mine

Are there any good 580s cards out there?

I just put a nh-d15 on my 9900kf the other day. It's supposed to be easy mounting, but getting both sides screwed in is a pain in the ass

yep, there are 2 crypto miners on ebay selling thousands of them for about $105 each
it's the best bang for buck gpu deal in years

wow ill buy 10 so when one dies in 1 month ill have nearly a years worth

It really is, I thought they fucked me over with the mounting plate screws being too short to make contact with the heatsink screws, but apparently it just requires a really uncomfortable amount of force to get it in right

what's the best 32-40in monitor right now for gaymen?
I want something that'll pair nicely with 2 24in dells in portrait.

Putting together a PC's really stressful and draining, but after you get that boot screen it's all worth it

I am looking for two major upgrades. Case and CPU Fan.

>Current Case: Fractal Design R4
>Current Cooler: 212 Hyper EVO.

Suggestions anons?

unless you're also going to use it for crypto mining it will last many years

>nh-d15 for a 3600x

Attached: 1529367596870.png (374x438, 168K)

I want to game and stream on the side occasionally with a R5 2600 will it do?
I plan to overclock it to be 2600x speeds

If I want a 5700, should I wait for the better fans? When are they coming out?

I dunno about the second guy but I know that one of them is selling the shitty MSI one with 4GB and horrible cooler.

Is this a good build for my dual monitor 1440p set up?

Attached: Capture.png (2009x1223, 119K)

neither of these are particularly major upgrades.
It's very hard to go wrong with cpu coolers these days, so just do some comparisons and see which ones offer more cooling than your current one.
you probably won't see that major of a differencd though.
as for case, we don't really know enough about your use cases to recommend anything.
what do you not like about the R4?

No point in asking for recommendations for a cpu cooler without giving your cpu.

Thanks, finally got it in. Hopefully I didn't break something

nah, new games are garbage anyway
I'll just play a little sim copter and then load up diablo 1

>buying windows
do people really do this?

discard the cooler, the stock cooler is too close to the hyper 212

if ryzen is so good where is ryzen 1, ryzen 2, ryzen 4, ryzen 6 and ryzen 8?

yes, 2-4 weeks

i want to play games user
im too retarded to build a PC without looking up a youtube guide for every little thing to make sure i dont break it
im way too retarded for linux

why not
pirate windows :D

I was thinking the same but i could oc that rx 470 to the max due to it being a nitro card, closing that gap between the rx 480. but the 480 with its 8gb might be more future proof. thing is its a 30 dollar difference and im not sure if its really worth it.

>1440/144
don't fall for this meme

a 2070 is trash. Anything less than a 1080ti in 2019 is shit

why not it's literally the best.