Attached: laughing.jpg (1024x642, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/cooling/noctua-nh-u12a-review/2/
youtube.com/watch?v=23vjWtUpItk
youtu.be/hr0qLLv3dKc
youtube.com/watch?v=tAosJYE4T2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

aircooled cpu is like an aircooled Porsche, based and redpilled

Attached: DSC_1448-1200x802-940x628.jpg (940x628, 81K)

You chinks better keep those eyes closed, because this is the stock Intel cooler

>he does watercool any PC components

Attached: laughing_whores.jpg (1280x1406, 374K)

>he watercools anything

Attached: 62010139_1718771198266648_1656951619192881152_n soy.jpg (780x748, 24K)

I have a full loop to cool my CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD, SSD, M.2 NVMe and motherboard chipset. Heatsinks waste precious aluminium plus they are disgustingly ugly. if you think air cooling is superior, do us all a favour and kill yourself

The main benefit of water-cooling components isn't hardware temperature.

It's keeping my tower from turning into a 9000 degree blowing furnace.

In short, watercooling:

> Quiter
> Cooler
> No PC furnace
> More OC potential
> Looks better

The only reason to not watercool is you're just not an enthusiast plain and simple.

Aluminum isn't precious, it's made from one of the most common materials on the planet.

>most common materials
Which ones?

I bet you're a virgin

Bauxite + electricity

Using an AIO is risky. If the pump breaks you're left without a PC until you get a replacement. If it leaks you're fucked. Plus a NH-D15 performs just as well for half the price of most of the high end ones

Where does one mine electricity?

From water, or just stand outside in the sun.

Stop laughing at my pen-- oh just the water cooling? yeah hmm I don't care about that

Coal, which is the 1st most common resource, bauxite being the 2nd.

you require more minerals

why would i water cool a core2duo?

Why water or sun doesn't shock me?
But coal Burns and burn is not electricity.

My porsche is watercooled and still overheats when I idle it. Makes no difference

Because it needs to be processed into electricity first.

aluminum became more precious than gold and silver in the 19th century, because it was harder to obtain.

What's the chemical symbol for electricity and what atom number it is?

water cooling is a ricer meme. It's not even worthwhile for OCing because good air coolers already accomplish this, and CPUs/GPUs end up reaching other limits besides temperature anyway before the extra cooling from water starts being beneficial.

and then there's the simple fact that it requires more maintenance and more parts means higher chance of failure. I'd rather just not have to worry about a leak developing a year from now frying my mobo, or needing to keep an eye on temps because it's much harder to tell if your pump has stopped working and suddenly your PC shuts off at 110 degrees. All for, once again, no real benefit other than aesthetics.

That's irrelevant, you just run the water through a turbine and you get electricity.

why in the fuck would you ever watercool? retard
just get more or better fans
watercooling is literally red dit

That's because electricity was harder to obtain back then. It's all very easy to obtain now.

>. Heatsinks waste precious aluminium

Attached: 1562626529227 soy.png (785x1000, 254K)

Had watercooling for some years, everithing stated is true, but long term usage is different. Watercooling will start to perform worse and worse with time and you cant do shit about it but replace it, tubings start to break in 2 yrs. So they work very good, but for short time. Moved to this and having almost same temperatures and even less variations and its all simple

Attached: photo_3236@01-12-2017_22-39-20.jpg (720x1280, 164K)

Wrong

bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/cooling/noctua-nh-u12a-review/2/

You just need a non-toy platform like TR4 or 2066 to bring out the true power of watercooling

it's called ac and water cooling looks stupid
also maintenance and you always worry of a potential leak

Protip, water cooling is just air cooling with a larger heat sink.

>tubings start to break in 2 yrs
Asetek literally has a 0.01% failure rate and almost all of their partners warranty their AIOs for 5 years

Why would I want to pay $300-$400 for
- CPU Waterblock
- Fans + Radiator that I need to dust clean anyways
- Pump
- Tubing
- Distilled Water or any other fluid
- The added risk of leaking
- Maintenance
Over a Wraith Cooler, Hyper 212 Evo Black, Noctua heatsink, or literally any other 120mm fan+heatsink on the market that I rarely have to look after until I have to dust clean it

>No D15

Not to mention it makes far more sense that if you have an extra 300-400 dollars to spend on cooling equipment for ebin record-breaking OCs, it would just make far more sense to spend that money toward a better processor instead.

>heh I posted it again. that'll show him

Attached: file.png (800x750, 157K)

Guess when a tower cooler will fail? Never.

>he doesnt poo poo pee pee cool his CPEEU

Attached: laughing-and-pointing-emoticon-vector-clip-art_csp6877101.jpg (450x353, 24K)

>he spent 500 dollars on a clc that improves his performance by a few percent

Attached: ff.jpg (322x487, 19K)

Not gonna lie, it peaked my interest to add a waterblock to my GPU and CPU but then it all just added up. It's too damn expensive

>he uses a AIO

Attached: unknown.png (180x212, 32K)

>Guess when a tower cooler will fail? Never.
>breaks your motherboard in half and falls on your GPU, shattering it into a million pieces

>NH-D15
As huge as the NH-D15 is I've never heard of it breaking a motherboard and it's been out for years

>he has pictures of yellow roasties on his computer

Attached: 1556632241936.jpg (640x472, 56K)

Your god damned right it will

This is what I've always been worried about. Long term, how does the tubing really hold up? There has to be degradation after a while

>linus tech tips

Attached: uwu.jpg (564x423, 19K)

Youre right hapa lolis are better

Attached: ff.jpg (1080x1350, 160K)

Not necessarily quieter. Noctua is actually quieter and cooler than competing AIO coolers.
Non-AIO sure.
source: looked at benchmarks autistically for 15 hours.

>he has to watercool his kiketel CPU to prevent it from literally burning out

>Quantitative data that shows little to no improvement in water cooling when compared to vastly cheaper fans
>Water Cooling BTFO

Attached: Doom guy's Morning.jpg (1024x1024, 104K)

Based user of Truth

Attached: surprised stalker 2.png (142x148, 51K)

It helps ease out the temperature curve and reduces temperature spikes though.

I was gonna get mad at this post and call it bait, but then I remembered my CPU is watercooled too.

Attached: dfdfdfdd.gif (951x534, 706K)

that is literally not an issue since the coolant is non conductive. checkmate, nigger

>needing watercooling

Attached: 1559235521271.png (621x675, 205K)

But I do

My i7 sits comfortably on 70°C under load with air cooling and it's relatively quiet. But since I got my PC in a closet one room over, I could equip it with some serious jet engine sounding fans and still not give a fuck.

>Aluminum
>made from materials

>Be me
>built several computers
>see the positives and negatives of watercool vs. aircool

In short... the benefits of air cool and water cool are interesting to say the least, so here I go.

Advantages of Air cool over water
>Quieter fans. There is no debate here. The radiator fans + pump are often much louder than the large air coolers you can buy now
>Less parts with potential to break. No pump. No radiator. No pressure. Just a fan blowing and keeping things cool.
>Cheap as shit. If you want to save money on your build and don't want to sacrifice performance or stability, air cool is a great choice.
>Ability to get cold rapidly. I cannot stress this enough. Due to reservoir tanks and the fundamentals of entropy, a fan cool has an ability to cool down a pc much much faster compared to any water cool.
>Doesn't leak. No bursts. No busting, I guess it comes as a part of the "less parts to fail" mentality.

Advantages of water cool over air cool
>Water cool looks cool as shit. No lie. Nothing makes a unit flashier than to add some custom piping and water cool
>More potential for hotter CPUs. Overclocking performance perfect for enthusiasts.

All in all... if you want a system to be more stable, as in, last a longer time or have less potential to fail, or favor a cheaper solution, air cool.

If you want a system that is a hardcore enthusiast build and you're planning on heavily overclocking, there is no other choice than water cool. As for me, I do not like to overclock my systems because it causes a system to last less time than if you left it at stock. With that being said, I like my air cool, and looking at the performance of my system and where it bottlenecks, there really is no need as most games do not really utilize a processor that hard to warrant stability issues.

pic related. It's my air cool

Attached: file.png (1338x1500, 2.01M)

Fucking aircoolers deserve the bullet

Attached: 8RN4ONt_d.jpg (640x647, 23K)

I see the performance advantage of AIOs over tower coolers, but they've got too many disadvantages.
That's why I got a tower cooler for my new 3700X build

Attached: 4 and pro.jpg (1277x619, 106K)

e-

watercooling is superior. why do you think we use liquid in fridges instead of big fans?

He doesn't fireboard thoes motha'-jammas

Watercooling is a huge hassle but I do it anyway because it's fun and I like how quiet it is even under heavy load.

Attached: new_loop.jpg (2048x1536, 1.13M)

The only reason why I'd choose to watercool my system is if I'm an early adopter who buys reference graphics cards rather than the preferred AIBs, or if I'm genuinely planning to do absolutely borderline unstable overclocks on either CPU/GPU where even a D15 or Tri-Fan Cooler from Asus/EVGA isn't enough.
I don't need to do any of that.

My lap staied at 70c for hours, s till works

The real benefit of watercooling is dust buildup, being able to seal the interior means NO DUST which if you plan on using the same setup for a long time is quite nice.

why would i need watercooling?

Attached: photo_2019-07-25_11-55-17.jpg (720x1280, 55K)

They will never stop laughing at your Pentium 4.

What makes it a huge hassle?

youtu.be/hr0qLLv3dKc

>He stands his PC up

What case is that? and Are you doing it on the cheap? why not hard line?

Watercooling is a meme.
I'm running my CPU at 50°C full load on air, living in the south of Spain with no AC.

Yeah let me just fill my computer full of water, what could go wrong?

Attached: 1e2-1.gif (255x224, 155K)

>he plays video gaymes

This post is NApilled

>>he doesn't watercool his CPU
Even water-cooled CPUs are air-cooled in the long run.

>watercooling SSD
>watercooling RAM
Do you also watercool your optical drive?

>precious aluminium
gr8 b8 m8

Hyper 212 evo it's all you really need.

I run my cpu with a hyper 212 evo heatsink and no fan, it never hits 70°C even with prime95 running
Its pretty comfy

My Scythe FUMA with Noctua fans shits all over your chinkshit (((AIO)))

>2019
>Optical drive

>he doesn't watercool his aircooler
youtube.com/watch?v=tAosJYE4T2Q

>what is up jewtube is ya boi faggot guy coming at ya with another vid. should you watercool you cup?
>*does test*
>results prove air cooling is better
>y-you still should b-because it looks DA COOLEST
>thanks for watching and this video was sponsored by coolermaster's new AIO cooler :^

Attached: 416x416.jpg (416x416, 16K)

>he fell for the watercooler meme

Attached: unknown.png (268x344, 52K)

Aluminum

>disgustingly ugly
do you look at your case more than your monitor?

Watercooled here both on CPU and GPU, done mainly so I can easily direct where the heat goes. I don't want it circulating within the case and keeping my GPU at below 50c under full load does my games well.

>hey guys today we're going to be building a homemade waterblock for some fucking reason to go onto our top of the line Xeon
>we'll also be hooking up 4 NVIDIA Titans to this machine because this is definitely affordable and relevant to our viewers
>ok guys so our shitty waterblock killed the CPU but we're rich so who cares lmao
>{tunnelbear|freshbooks|incel|madrinas}

Attached: CkD9BG0VEAAEe2u.jpg (1200x803, 120K)

>2019
>Still cant into sarcasm

I just pee through the slits from time to time. Keeps everything cool and fresh. Checkmate, faggots.

>an overpriced volkswagen