Recent AMD processors have a similar problem

>Recent AMD processors have a similar problem

so AMD fags, what's your argument?
What happened to your cards being open and secure?

Attached: stallmand.png (574x103, 7K)

Attached: ASRock-AB350M_Pro4_BIOS4-bf9d7ad7864d6735.jpg (1363x767, 251K)

>(((disable)))

As oppose to?

That just turns off part of the PSP interface, it's still there and running.

What are you supposed to do? Remove it at the silicon level?
They'd need two separate manufacturing pipelines with two separate brands of CPU.
Never going to happen.

Yes. However, the Intel ME can be exploited into being neutralized (sometimes), while the PSP has a placebo switch and can't be neutralized.

Which is worse?

That's your interpretation without grounds.

As oppose to not having them at all.

The setting is even called "BIOS PSP Support". As in you're toggling the motherboard firmware's support for PSP, not the PSP itself. It is part of the CPU and CAN NOT BE DISABLED. Just as on Intel boards that have ME-related options, it's more placebo than anything. There being less research on AMD CPUs (for whatever reason) should be more concerning.

The fact is, you'll never be able to tell for sure it's disabled as long as the feature exists. On AMD or Intel.

my FX8370 does not have this problem

Grow up and accept the fact that the government has to be able to access terrorists' and other violent criminals' computers in order to protect innocent citizens, nothing is more worthwhile than protecting lives. Being worried about privacy and not being spied on puts you in 1 of 2 camps, either you're a criminal hiding from the law or you're naive child who still hasn't accepted reality.

Attached: file.png (234x250, 127K)

It being there with a disabled interface is not a problem, AMD's PSP has no direct connection to the ethernet controller, unlike intel's ME.

Attached: 1uj437kz45631.jpg (640x1137, 68K)

What does the boot's sole taste like?

are you being ironic or do I have to link you the TED talk specifically aimed at you?

>(((not having them at all)))

i know it's a joke, but what bothers me is that it could be a perfectly viable serious-post in year 2019. it's incredible how in five years or so mainstream went from
>oh no, i think google is trying to keep track of my browsing history
to
>lol facebook is mining shit from my personal conversations, so what

>As in you're toggling the motherboard firmware's support for PSP, not the PSP itself.
The PSP needs a firmware to run though, and if the BIOS description is accurate, then disabling the firmware will cause PSP to cease any useful function. Hardware often require firmware to operate as intended. How would this be different from, say removing the BIOS from a motherboard? The motherboard stops POSTing when you remove the BIOS chip.

ME_Cleaner for example removes the ME bootloader/firmware itself except for a few pre-initialization modules such as BUP. How do you expect ME to continue running? The remnants literally initializes BUP, disables the watchdog and then hangs/loops.

At this point I wouldn't use anything newer than 2010 or so anyway.

Might as well go ARM or something and abandon anything common in Burgeristan.

Yes i remeber all of the retards saying how people are going to hack your CPU and kill it and that intel were doomed.

Menawhile 10+ years later its fucking nothing.

Why do you shitposters constantly embaress yourselves?

>AMD's PSP has no direct connection to the ethernet controller,
from AMD's own manual:
> "The PSP consists of an ARM ® microcontroller, cryptographic coprocessor (CCP), local memory, local registers, and interfaces to interact with the system memory, IO, and configuration registers. The PSP also houses the EMC (Environment Management Control) block, which performs environmental and security checking to ensure that the processor is operating within the defined limits."
> IO
it's the same as intel's me, with exactly the same low level access to hardware. cry harder, chong. your gay cpu is even gayer than intel's. congratulations for failing this hard.

Hello from Sunnyvale, California (USA) darlings. AMD no issues please delete feedback and contact seller.

wait for the new chromebooks

that still does not give it direct access to the ethernet controller like intel ME.

it sure does, faggot. are you illiterate? lmao. what part of IO don't you understand? AMD's PSP network access is switched off by default. it is there. it has a full network stack. it can be enabled by system administrators. like mentioned, it's exactly the same as intel's me, except AMDrones are too computer illiterate to understand what all of this means.

Where were you when RISC-V BTFO'd the entire computing industry

Attached: 1518799450077.jpg (1024x768, 190K)

> be AMDrones
> discover that their extremely gay chips are compromised like intel's
> "b..but.. it can't connect to a network!"
> AMDrones seriously believe administrators will go to each physical machine to manage PSP instead of using the network
imagine being this fucking retarded? AMDrones BTFO FOR ETERNITY.

Attached: 1555953938245.png (488x440, 192K)

>AMD BTFO
Intle has done the same thing for the last 10 years and nothing has never happened because of it

Stop posting retard.

t. wasted his money on a 9900k

unironically kys

But who decides which people are "terrorists" and "criminals"?

Attached: i wonder who.webm (534x300, 2.45M)

t. Strong intelligent black woman who saved money by buying the 1700x, and then upgrading to the 2700x, and then to a 3700x.

SEETHING

Are you stupid?

Was I that accurate in describing how you saved money?

I create game engines instead of video games, but I'm pretty smart otherwise

No, you weren't faggot. SEETHE harder.

I wen't from a 2500k after 9 years to a 3600.

>copy, and paste code as a hobby, but I'll pretend to humblebrag in post to feel like I won something.

Sure you did homo.

SEETHEING

>I'm a parasite, but I'll pretend to be chosen by god

Are there any Chinese amd64 processors?

>is switched off by default. it can be enabled by system administrators
>it's exactly the same as intel's me
Choose one you pathetic, lying, kike.

wow! it has ethernet via the IO where the main processor can view whatever it is doing! this is still not a dedicated connection like intel ME has.

>ummm... I only upgraded once....
>I'm a retarded fucktard who should drown myself in a piss filled clear plastic bag placed over my head and tied around my neck
This is what you sound like gaywad.

Zhaoxin produces processors for the domestic market in a joint venture with VIA, which contributes the x86 and AMD64 license.

>Unironically buttblasted atheikike sperging out
Out veyy

One is proven to have backdoors, the other one isn't. One is forced on you free of charge, the other one requires you to pay money for it. One is obscure and hidden while the other is advertised and has a useful feature set. Yeah they are pretty much equal.

Thank you for hard work today mens. Please collect all trash around your workstations and do not forget to have a security officer check your belongings before you exit the facilities. Taking company property off worksite is a violation and will negatively impact your social standing. This includes all food products and disposables. Your payment for today will be awarded automatically.

You're the one sperging shitlord. Youre so frustrated that you can't even spellcheck before posting. Haha HA lol raped.

Cute and funny and naming the jew, what is this?

Attached: ff.jpg (1080x1080, 96K)

Get a mATX with a10-6800k and shut the fuck up.

>Derailing thread away from and flaws
Chinese marketing. It used to work.

not what I'm doing but think what you want intel shareholder

I don't know
It's just a webm I saved from Jow Forums

I meant that It's what people in thread are doing. Apologies if you felt threatened.

It would be a dream to mentor a cute lg in the ways of abrahamic hatred

we all know that amd cant be trusted
you dont need to say it again

>>Recent AMD processors have a similar problem
No they don't, it's not even the same thing.

Reminder, Intel processors are fundmantally flawed and insecure at the hardware level. Add to that the purposefully insecure software Intel refuses to fix.

Filtered

Name one time this has effected anyone ever.

Did user update their bios?

Attached: loves-jew-pp.jpg (712x880, 244K)