Which company makes the best CPU's?

Which company makes the best CPU's?
Intel or AMD?

Attached: download.jpg (284x177, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

download.intel.com/newsroom/kits/22nm/pdfs/Global-Intel-Manufacturing_FactSheet.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AMD now. Used to be Intel, but intel is overpriced, hot, full of bugs, and just overall shitty now.

AMD is cheaper than Intel

It's unanimous. AMD is the best CPU made today.

intel chips are superior

AMD

Qualcomm ARM chips

You mean AMD Ryzen 3000 CPU"S?

When counting vulnerabilities maybe, drone. Anything else doesn't matter !

Intel
less issues and they just work

Intel.

>less issues
hyper kek

and?

VIA

>less issues

Now only 30% slower after the 117th security patch !

No regular user is ever going to be affected by those vulnerabilities, its the vulnerabilities that we don't know about that are the spooky ones.

IBM

I don't know why people think this because it's literally never been true. Intel's security has been shit going back decades. Look up the Pentium Flaw. Intel has always been happy to cut corners at the expense of the users security.

Just waiting to see what will be found on Zen architecture with Commie Su in charge. Beijing bailed out AMD in a very dubious deal a few years ago.
> inb4 Taiwanese hate mainlanders.
Also look up the supermicro debacle to see how sneaky the Chicoms can be.

Attached: t9n0Chx.jpg (1080x1067, 126K)

>the supermicro debacle
More like the "nothing burger" of computing.

Of course, they've been patched already for a 30% performance loss lmao

Chicom Internet Defense Force you glow worse than CIAniggers.

at this point...amd...
intel will come back though...

yes, that is in fact what he said. Intel is overpriced.

Fujitsu

People think it, because intels been the only real choice for the last decade. Ryzen 3000 series has literally been the first and CPU series that AMD marketers haven't been completely full of shit about.

>re:ibm
Bullshit.

intels are made in america so they got my vote

Intel already knew about the speculative execution bug years before it was publicly revealed. Their CEO even sold Intel stocks a month before bugs were made public.

>Their CEO even sold Intel stocks a month before bugs were made public.
CEOs establish their trades way in advance though, and to normalize shares.

Apple

you sure about that?

Isn’t it illegal for a ceo or employee to own their own company’s stocks?

No, that's the majority of a CEOs pay is in stock and most high ranking employees get stock options.

they're made in israel tho

Best gaming performance: Intel
For similar gaming performance and literally everything else: AMD

No beef though, if I decided to upgrade last year I'd have gotten a 9700K, but I decided on this year and got a 3700X to replace my 4770K.
Intel is just the overall bad choice for the foreseeable future.

Attached: acer_xb271hu.jpg (1000x1000, 89K)

>supermicro
haha you mean the thing that was found out to be a complete fabrication with no basis on reality because it made for a good newspaper article? yeah man it sure was a debacle

this is getting pretty fuckin jewy

download.intel.com/newsroom/kits/22nm/pdfs/Global-Intel-Manufacturing_FactSheet.pdf
all the 14nm Intel CPUs (aka the relevant ones today) are made in the US

I stand corrected. What a surprise, the srory started with (((Bloomberg))).

They both excel at different things. Depends on what you’re using the cpu for.

Which one for VM work and testing?

My team is better than yours, that's for sure. Get fucked.

TSMC

AMD doesn't make CPU's.

>Our manufacturing processes advance according to Moore’s law, delivering ever more
functionality and performance, improved energy efficiency, and lower cost per
transistor, with each generation.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no

IBM

AMD obviously

>company X good
>company Y bad
it doesn't matter. every company just wants your money and don't care about you.
let them compete and decide what's best suited for you. AMD currently got a very good run since first gen Zen dropped and continue to deliver

that Bloomberg article was literally a operation mockingbird play by glow niggers and almost certainly not true
fuck china tho, they deserve every shit flying their way

>tfw pozzed my pc build with a shittel housefire vulnerabilities inside 9700k instead of waiting for based ryzen 3700x
It's not fair intelbros, we got too cocky

But I thought inside trading was illegal

kys brainlet

AMD. They're more or less equal in performance, but AMD can make them cheaper, so that makes them better by default.

Both are botnet CPU manufacturers.

Just look up Intel ME or AMD PSP

Attached: 912c999579029ede02fd7bb1ea57fb9c.jpg (959x1280, 157K)

I'd like to say AMD, but no, their processors are too damn unstable, go with Intel for reliability,

so what do you use then? a Zilog Z80? or are a phoneposter who thinks Apple/samsung/anyoneelsereally aint spying/backdooring your shit

>their processors are too damn unstable
2 or 3 "other" anons said that already, got any proof of that? ive had Intel and AMD in the past and im currently on a 1700 that had 8 months of uptime before i updated windows 2 weeks ago, cannot tell from previous experience of either being more stable than the other (used Pentium III, Core2 , Westmere, Sandy, Haswell, K8, K10, FX and Zen)

>got any proof of that?
I bougth a Ryzen 2500u laptop, the price was attractive and octacore, perfect for my programming job, but inmediatly I started to have issues, screen freze from 5 to 10 seconds, programs crashes, unstability, I did everything I could, reinstall Windows use newer drivers, revert to older drivers but it was in vane, and since I needed this laptop for work I needed reliability, I sold it and went for an Intel 8250u, no problems so far.

...said nobody ever.

It's always the ryzenbros that wish they got Intel instead, never the other way around.

For what usage purpose? The i7 and i9 are better than their AMD equivalents for gaming but worse for just about everything else. In the midrange AMD wins everything.

I'm in the same dilemma. the 3700X seems a better future investment and I'll also get that PCIE4 stuff if it ever becomes relevant to me, but I mostly do gaming, and the i7 9700K does win there. My current i5 7600K is a massive bottleneck and I stutter like shit in everything now.

best: Intel
best price/performace: AMD

same with GPUs (Nvidia instead of Intel)

stupid question

he's asking for the BEST (performace only )and not the best in price/performace.
When It comes to gaming, Intel is still (in most cases) ahead...but just slightly ahead.

>i5 7600K
>stutter like shit in everything now.

what are you playing?

your 7600K use 1151 socket, so you don't have to buy a new mainboard when upgrading to the 9700K.
When upgrading to the AMD chip, you also need a new mainboard AND will have slightly less performace.

Don't fall for the hype train.
go 9700K

im on an i5 6600 non K and theres literally nothing that I stutter on, most games I run 1440 occasional I can run 4k (forza 4, Doom, Wolfenstein new order) maybe its your gpu or ram that's causing your problems

actually I tell a lie, towards endgame Stellaris turns to ass on my system.but that is literally the only game I have iussues with and only on large maps with lots of AI

Z270 can't run 8th or 9th gen even though both are lga1151

oh, didn't knew there are differences.
sry, my bad :(

Don't worry about it. It's all part of Intel's jewery.

I admit I exaggerated. Most games run fine, and I mostly play VR, which my 2070 super can handle with no problem. But when I try for games like Battlefield 5 or Kingdom Come: Deliverance, I can't run them at a locked 1080p 60fps. Even Dishonored 2 has the rare dip below 60. And it seems that even if I lower settings or change resolution (including up to 1620p), I'll always hover around that 60fps mark without ever locking onto it. I know I'm dealing with particularly shitty optimized games, but it seems like a CPU bottleneck to me.

Best gaming performance: Intel
For similar gaming performance and literally everything else: Intel

>Battlefield 5
>no 1080p/60fps

as much as i hate EA, the Battlefield series is very good optimized imo.
I think it's not the CPU.

did this occur since you have the 2070Super; which is a very new card...maybe it's a driver problem.

Well, I used to run it at 1080p/60fps just fine before they botched its performance in patches on my RX 480, so I don't know where the issue comes from really.

>Best gaming performance: Intel
true
>For similar gaming performance and literally everything else: Intel
well yes, but you could get better performance for the same or less money by giving up a few % in games and going w/ AMD

also
>9900K 5.2ghz
how is that powerdraw treating you? must be great for a 95w part to run at 3x whats its rated at
also must be very hot and loud

hm...as i said, I'm pretty sure it's not the CPUs fault...well; maybe it's old and the cooler is full of dust, but by its performace, it should handle BF5 very well.

maybe check for programs running in the background that fuck your performace (browser, or something like that)
do some anti virus checks...

sorry i'm not buying cpus for homeless people

then why did you buy intel?

Feels good 9900K bro

Attached: hwinfo.jpg (861x577, 185K)

In my opinion AMD has always made the best bang for your buck product.

based and true

Attached: amd-fx-wallpaper_3189682.jpg (1920x1080, 110K)

Hmm that's weird, sandy bridge raped FX every night for 7 years.

no you are only intel paid shill

They just mask it with enthusiasm for whatever is inferior. The bang for your buck argument kind of falls flat once you figure in the cost of graphics cards and motherboards that support Zen 2 out of the box. Sorry but those budget 350s and 450s are a fucking bottleneck for the 3xxxX.

Fewer

>tells someone answering incorrectly
>proceeds to answer incorrectly
Who said he was asking for the best gaming cpu

>best: Intel
only true for 9900k
all the rest is garbage because they lack hyperthreading

this post is god-tier slapfight bait

imo opinion depends on your situation.
AMD has more cores and is cheaper, some programs such as 3d modelling and renders seem to work better with amd.

Intel runs better on 1 thread and most games/programs are optimised for their chips. Also ARM emulators seem to hate my ryzen so fuck me. Used intel chips can be got for a steal too.

this post glows

Best performance doesn't mean gaming. Try gaming + streaming + recording with Intel and tell me it's better in performance. Intel are now drag-cars that are very fast if they just do one thing. I can load games, record at 1440p, and render at the same time on a 1950X and none of them are really affected. The render time changes slightly, but nothing else.

Intel has not changed their architecture in 3 years and they haven't been able to shrink dies in the same time either. Through sheer scale they have been able to deliver highly binned parts but still charge exorbitant prices. Add to that all the scandals and the artificial segmentation with chipset exclusivity, and it's clear they just aren't trying anymore. Even if Intel slashes prices and gets down a node next gen, they will need to plan out some architectural improvements and commit to forwards compatibility before I try them again.

AMD is at least innovating and they are definitely superior in price/performance. Of course if Intel continues to stagnate, they will start price gouging as well.

A competitive market is the best thing for consumers obviously.

Attached: 1543073948395.jpg (848x1200, 159K)

>ewer drivers, revert to older drivers but it was in vane, and since I needed this laptop for work I needed reliability, I sold it and went for an Intel 8250u, no problems so far.

ok, but they say AMD have changed up their game. And now with this new Ryzen gen are proving their worth

Both companies make high performance gaming, professional, and server CPUs and computing solutions. Many people have allegiances to one company over the other, but they're both soulless corporations trying to turn a profit. AMD is usually cheaper for like 90-95% of the same performance as Intel in a lot of consumer use cases. Intel is really only the "best" right now for the pure average FPS in high frame rate gaming at 1080p, and even then it only beats AMD 3rd gen by about 5-8%

Bro even if you're an AMD fan you have to admit that the whole FX series was hot garbage.

Yes i Ar am paid shill. Average fucking Jow Forums user right here.

Attached: Untitled.png (396x405, 182K)

>hot
Yeah definitely.
>garbage
They were decent workstation processors but not much else.

They were decent at exploding motherboards with their 9k series, Other than that, They were decent at absolutely nothing.

>My current i5 7600K is a massive bottleneck and I stutter like shit in everything now

Where do they even find these AMD shills

amd.
safer.

My 7600K gets around 80-90 fps on the worst BF5 maps (Rotterdam, Devastation etc.) and 100-120 fps on the best maps (Aerodrome, Hamada etc.) with zero stuttering

You fucked up, next time buy a pre-built

Bullshit, faggot. Those are the numbers 2080ti + i9 combos get.