What technologies genuinely amaze you?

Attached: n_.jpg (500x414, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation#Adverse_effects
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I get this asked this in every prescreen and even in interviews.
It's so tiring.

Attached: anime_tomoko_tired.jpg (300x300, 16K)

MRI machines.

buttons

>gives you brain eating amoebas
no thanks, don't care how bad my allergies are.

I'm not sure I can come up with a bs answer anymore.

Look up something outside of your field and memorize the Wikipedia article so you can impress the interviewers, who are also unlikely to know much about the subject. Just start jabbering about endovascular coiling or some shit and use as much jargon as possible.

Microchips.

I just talk about VR and foveated rendering.

EUV manufactured GAAFET transistors

>and even in interviews.
What do they want to hear actually?

Literally all of it. I honestly don’t understand how anything actually works, I’m just a code monkey.

magnets

Unironically stethoscopes

vasalgel. The ability to affordably solve population growth has never been so close

Hard Drives

Attached: hard-drive-head-gap2.jpg (608x474, 59K)

Artificial foreskins

dragon dildos

what

Nothing I just want to die.

wut

damn, where did that fucker store his hdd to get that dirty

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation#Adverse_effects

And that's only half a millimeter of it.

To think I have used a nasal rinse before

Attached: 1554534080424.jpg (595x398, 53K)

social media

I'm coming.

Attached: tod.jpg (720x540, 74K)

Creativity.
Daily reminder that 'tech' doesn't necessarily mean electric tech.

>when you figure out how it works and have an overview effect moment
It's no wonder people call it wizardry.

It's real

Attached: 1540984966015.png (799x628, 341K)

nerve gas

Everything, i'm a brainlet who generally likes math and physics and only recently started learning actually how does a computer works, that moment when i understood that a cpu is just basic circuits blew my mind

high bandwith, low latency wireless connections

Attached: MC-SLINKY2__10046.1503517914.jpg (500x493, 45K)

MANUFACTURE OF STEELE

Attached: 60909107.gif (1024x825, 490K)

GIANT combustion engines

Attached: WartilaRTA84RT_crankshaft.jpg (818x609, 109K)

Oh shit

PARTICLE ACCELERATORS

Attached: big-bang-machine-merl.jpg (1374x773, 1.52M)

Wi-Fi etc

>a high resolution film can appear out of thin air on my computer within minutes

that's pretty wild

Just use saline or distilled water and make sure to clean it with alcohol if you're that fucking paranoid

It sure impresses me how much it destroyed the internet and western civilization.

Clocks

Proc architecture

LED's as practical lighting

look, when i was a kid we had incandescent bulbs. they fucking sucked, took a split second to get to max brightness, had a stupid warm color temperature, and a shitty small bulb is almost two hundred fucking watts. early compact flourescent lights were so much worse from a practical standpoint, they took literally 5 to 10 seconds to even emit enough visible light to function as a light bulb. im fucking amazed that people even bought them but i guess that goes to show that global warming was still pushing consumer purchases in the 90's

newer generation CFLs were really fucking impressive, because they turned on instantly, and they emit a nicer color of light, AND they we only 40-60 watts. too bad they're made of mercury and cost an arm and a leg

and then LEDs come and slap their dick on the fucking table and produce the same quality of light, but they don't even use 10 watts. they use so little power that they only barley get warm to the touch, and they cost nothing in comparison to CCFLs. they're also made from plastic and silicon and are way more sturdy and less fragile and with 100% less toxic heavy metals than what came before them. cheaper, lower power, more resilient, harder to break, and higher quality light. i got 10 cheap chinese LED shop lights for $40, and they draw about 5 watts each. also, LED light grows plants better than any other kind of artificial light. it's bordering on science fiction

The only issue is getting LEDs with a decent CRI, and while the LEDs themselves have a long lifetime, the shitty power supplies included within the bulbs end up cooking themselves to death.

I was amazed to discover yesterday that no one ever coded a FOSS Unit Converter for Android.
Fuck pop-up ads each time you enter data.

quantum shit

>tfw never got this question on interviews

Oh well, i'm pretty impressed with VR. It's interesting how having tracked head position and two displays that render shit all over your eyes can affect your other senses, how some people vomit from it, how some people can feel the touch on their VR body, how maintaining your body balance when drunk in VR is easier than IRL. It causes all kinds of interesting, unforeseen side effects, and the better it gets, the more of this shit pops up.

Quantum is fake.

Smartphones.

They're incredible.

>Be in shower watching youtube videos with my waterproof phone.
>Get a notice I received a payment to my paypal.
>Now able to go on an online store with my phone and order stuff.
>All without leaving the shower.

That was the point when I took a good long look at the phone and understood how damn far we have come.

Chemical Vapor Deposition machines and Mask Aligners are cool considering they allow for highly dense circuitry for various applications like CMOS sensors, photovoltaic cells, and CPUs.

military tech

the 6500k led shop lights i bought from ali express legitimately have a broader spectra range than the CCFLs i have, and i only tested with a prism spectrometer which is hardly accurate but CFLs weird spiky spectra range is visible with the naked eye.

there is absolutely a scheme by bulb companies and buying lights that fit into 100w sockets feels like im falling for a scheme to fleece boomers who are still mad they can't buy incandescents.

for the price of a single bullshit phillips LED bulb that doesn't look like shit you can get like twenty feet of LED lighting off of ali express. if you are willing to actually wire things together yourself it becomes even cheaper and more extensible and flexible. you can make whatever bullshit scifi synthwave light bar set up you can dream of for less than $50 shipped from a foreign country and it probably costs just about that much to run it 24/7/365. that's cool as hell

That lake that's used as a giant battery.

i would be too afraid that i'd drop it in the shower and then i would have a broken, wet phone.

This. The precision involved still blows my fucking mind.

Tesla valve.

Attached: Design-1024x301.png (1024x301, 180K)

Mirrors. How the fuck do they work?

I admire physical engineering but I'll never be able to comprehend most of it. Simple components like that though are impressive to me because they're understandable. They've reduced something complex and put it in something else that is reduced and complex.

Should video be mirrored by default for things like webcams and self facing cameras?

Attached: MIRROR 2.jpg (547x405, 39K)

bottom text

Attached: MIRROR.jpg (410x230, 27K)

Internet and transferring information like images and sound with electrons in general

Attached: 1555676431068.jpg (650x798, 127K)

put your phone down user

Unironically speakers. They fucking vibrate and it sounds like a band? How? Why? What the fuck?

I understand the physics and stuff behind it but it blows me away that it works.

Butt plugs

Steam trains

Attached: piston-700.jpg (700x388, 71K)

buying crypto on my smartphone from the comfort of my shitter
FUTURE