It says here you don't have a LinkedIn profile, care to explain?

>It says here you don't have a LinkedIn profile, care to explain?

Attached: bigstock--190761565.jpg (900x600, 319K)

see the part about hating niggers

LinkedIn is for niggers and directionless women.

It's a botnet that spies on you like all other social media and data-mining services
Non-meme answer: it has been taken over by Chinese and Iranian hackers.

I got banned for shitposting on my friends timeline or whatever

>*hard yikes and 360's outta there*

I just have a profile that has a minimal amount of info and links to my personal website. Nothing more.

What's linked in?

Kek fpbp and dubs to boot

>care to explain?
No

Why would I specifically say that I don't have something like linkedin

Is there anything more useless than linkedin? Motherfucker, I already gave you my CV. If I made a profile it'd just be the exact same info.

I have no experience, and no networking contacts

basically this. I purposefully keep it outdated and I have it tied to my university email so that I can just ignore any/all notifications about someone wanting to connect.

That’s the point. Employers think of LinkedIn as verification for what’s on your cv, resume, and application.

>useless
LinkedIn is not useless if you add and message people who can get you a job.

>That’s the point. Employers think of LinkedIn as verification for what’s on your cv, resume, and application.
How the fuck is it a verification when I'm the one who drafted both my Linkedin page and my CV? That's like me citing myself as evidence.

>LinkedIn is not useless if you add and message people who can get you a job.
Email

i don't trust microsoft
use my indeed and monster profiles thanks.

nice dubs

>LinkedIn
Truly the MySpace of the "business" world.

I agree, but it’s more so that they’re looking for consistency or some sort of online presence I think.

>email
Ok, and how do you find the correct people to email?

How would you know if I have a LinkedIn profile?

"I don't find their privacy policy acceptable."

If they don't find that to be an acceptable answer I'd start questioning whether I want to work for them in the first place.

>LinkedIn is botnet.

>care to explain?
its a jewish honeypot

it disturbs me greatly when parts of our society make it mandatory to use a given service or product.
i created a linkedin for applying to jobs that had it in the required field, then immediately deleted it

>Ok, and how do you find the correct people to email?
What, you just randomly cold call random people on linkedin? I thought you were talking about actual connections. ie, people you have real connections with, not just cold approaches on facebook-with-suits.

>I agree, but it’s more so that they’re looking for consistency or some sort of online presence I think.
The second part here is possibly interesting. I've always wondered how employers take it when you don't have social media (or rather, when they can't find your social media, since they can't actually be certain you don't have any)

>Care to explain?
No

Linkedin is unfree proprietary software. Now if you have a minute, I'd like to talk about the GNU project.

Attached: stallman.jpg (1200x1200, 223K)

Yes! What you do is add people even if they’re strangers in where you want to work and ask about their job, ask for career advice, ask if they have any opportunities for recent grads, etc.

I don’t have any other social media so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I also never had an employer ask about social media including LinkedIn at an interview, during the hiring process, or even on the job. Frankly, even though I have a LinkedIn, I’m not sure I’d want to work somewhere that asks why I don’t have a certain social media account.

Yeah, this whole thread is a farce because I've literally never heard of an interviewer asking for linkedin or other social media.

Having said that, I'm certain they check, just as they search around for shit like normiebook. So I do have to wonder what they think when they're not able to find a trace of someone online other than stuff like state licenses, college enrollment data, and my CV.

No you ding dong, you're cross-verified and vetted with other LinkedIn profiles. Those are your citations and references.

>you're cross-verified and vetted with other LinkedIn profiles. Those are your citations and references.
What does that even mean. Employers can already ask for references and call them to verify regardless of whether you have a linkedin account.

They never say anything to you about it.
If the interview goes well, they check all these things, then never call you back.

lol my interviewer asked this question
on our careers page, you can see that submitting your Linkedin is optional - I just explained that I came from academia and we don't really use Linkedin there

Attached: linkedin.png (594x848, 20K)

see
in fact, i hate OP's image so fucking much, as if some stupid stacy and tyrone have any right to be judging a white man's resume, as if he needs to seek the approval of such lesser beings

Attached: 1562937439206s.jpg (218x250, 8K)

based double dubs poster

I don't like social networks

Then you don't have the PRIVILEGE of working here with us. We want people with excellent social and communication skills.

The absolute worst part of finding a job is the whole "emperor has no clothes" aspect to it. Not only just the whole game of "I know I'm bullshit and I know that you know I'm bullshit but we both play along because it's all just a mating dance to see if I play ball". No, the absolute hands-down worst part of it is needing to pretend that you're this super outgoing social high-energy-all-the-time guy. It's so fucking fake. Nobody is actually like that, not even normalfags. Yet because no matter where you want to work, hiring is controlled by HR roasties and managerial catladies, you gotta play along with their inane bullshit

You are a faggot for you don't know what 360 even is. LEARN YOUR DEGREES!

the point is that you don't have to ask.

>Oh, here is is the potential hire, he is vetted to be good at C# by a bunch of people at microsoft. He said he did an internship there, looks like I don't need to verify this, it checks out.

>emperor has no clothes
Goddamn that is a based quote. Thanks for that. Yeah I know the feel and I'm just glad I found a truly amazing company. No HR bullshit. No pretentious nonsense. The founder himself is extremely tech literate despite being a boomer.

Hello newfag

>job demands linkedin
Heh, big demands from a small company, hard pass.

Attached: 1397301900231.png (249x386, 195K)

HR asked me about this, I told them I value my privacy so I try to stay away from social networking and social media outlets.

They just said ok and left me alone.

I actually have a twitter and facebook account i use to perv on the HR team though.

Have sex.

They'll never say that because no one reads them. If they did I wouldnt have to write the same info again.

>go to conference/meeting
>meet people for at most an hour or two
>judging from that brief encounter and perhaps followup meetings, a meal, etc., they're supposed to work out if you're trustworthy, on the level, etc.
It's impossible, and that's why social networking stuff is recommended/required in companies. Someone can have a quick look at your social media accounts and see that, ok, I don't know this person but they're at least probably normal. They can get a superficial feeling of familiarity, and it's extremely time efficient. Think how things were before this stuff. Drinks, dinners, meetings, dinners, more drinks, etc. just so you could get some business. It probably still is like that when it goes up the foodchain a bit. But for low level stuff, social media functions as a replacement for that.

building actual relationships with your future hires or partners? what the fuck? why would you even want that?

LinkedIn is good in the sense it is impersonal.
I used it to apply to tons of jobs.
Recruiter serve me copy paste stuff and respond copy pasted stuff too.

>Have sex.
And be one up on user.

This. I took an economics class that literally required we buy a subscription to the student edition of the Wall Street Journal, and even had some shill employee of theirs come in to pitch it to us. Needless to say I didn't buy one because that's bullshit, and I don't remember it affecting my grades in any way because the professor didn't really care, what's fucked up is that they probably payed the university to make that a class requirement. Just one more reason to not trust mainstream media and realize University is a scam (and not go into a bullshit field like economics, which I learned a few dozen grand too late)