When you realize you spent thousands upon thousands of hours on videogames instead of learning about programming and...

>When you realize you spent thousands upon thousands of hours on videogames instead of learning about programming and technology

Literally time wasted

Attached: 91f.jpg (550x366, 60K)

You can AFK grind your game while educating yourself on something

So sad for you.

I enjoyed the time I spent on video games.

Attached: kingofthegerudo.jpg (797x1024, 158K)

Don't remind me of my voluntary prison sentence OP. I too, spent years of my life, all the free time after school, for nothing. Playing games that most of the time didn't even grant me any joy, but anger, frustration and hate instead.
Thankfully I'm over it now, but it still hurts to think about it. And how much better my life could be had I chosen to live differently.

i used to be like that, then I spent hundreds of hours programming and honestly fuck programming

>mfw I never wanted to be a programmer because it looks like a shit job

Attached: Trump approves.jpg (746x953, 133K)

>Playing games that most of the time didn't even grant me any joy, but anger, frustration and hate instead.

i know that feel

Attached: 1526903277282s.jpg (250x182, 5K)

ditto

Attached: 1560311225641.png (1170x658, 380K)

If only children were still raised by parents instead of governments and corporations who don't give a shit about them, then maybe they'd still give a shit about them.

>it took you thousands of hours to realise that video games are a waste of time
same actually

It sounds like your parents neglected you like they did to me. Take a look at orientals, they're brought up in the importance of education since they were a baby. They pay big money to tutor their babies in hopes of them becoming a genius and stuff.

lmao. yeah wait till you do this as a job, then you'll fucking hate programming and technology and also become too tired to play videogames.

Television engaged parents enough to stop engaging with children, only natural children would seek out a high form of engagement

Same.

Attached: 1558727720775.png (633x758, 429K)

Dunno, it feels kinda wasted since I don't have much to show now, but it was fun most of the times and I don't regret it.
Programming was fun at the beginning, but the thought of people actually relying on my code and expecting something from me ruined it.

>tfw stopped playing vidya at 16 and instead focused on tech and math
quite proud of what i learned and accomplished 3 years later

Attached: 1564019130153.jpg (640x539, 80K)

Imagine if parents were good at communicating this kind of life lesson.
It's almost like there's some kind of skill to this. And a lot of people should have this skill.

>when you realize you spent thousands of hours learning about programming and technology instead of kissing girls and having a social life

Attached: doomer.jpg (1024x1024, 111K)

IM WASTING MY LIFE ON VIDEO GAMES RIGHT NOW SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO ESCAPE

Attached: 1563768735869.jpg (790x767, 157K)

this

I haven't played video games regularly since 2015. I don't regret it too much since if I didn't have video games I would have killed myself. Still, I wish I started programming earlier than when I took the time to sit down and actually learn Typescript when I was 23.

I'm about to turn 25 and I think I'll have to settle with web development or data science since I feel like it's too late to start learning C++ for game development.

Attached: 1526486121490.jpg (1080x1145, 150K)

You're not stuck in the same career your entire life unless you get kids or force yourself.

Dunno, on the one hand, it IS a massive waste of time, on the other, you do get lots of experience of what people do when it comes to making games, and can later use that knowledge professionally.

Not to mention, actually making mobile shovelware with that knowledge is profitable.

iktf bro

>when you realized that you spent thousands of hours watching movies instead of learning how to make TVs, movies, electricity, or the stuff that you saw on TV like being an executive that uses Linux.

>t. neet manchild just discovered "le epic coding"
Grow up faggot

It depends on your personality. Many people spend years in education only to realise that they hate the job they get out of it. Once something becomes work, you can grow to hate it. A lot of people will obsess over one thing, become good at it, and at the very point they've become competent, lose all interest and want something new. A career doesn't allow for this kind of whim, which is why people devote their time to hobbies instead. It's a fortunate minority who never grow bored of their chosen area of study.

I wanted to write very smart post but you are a faggot who doesn't deserve it
therefore kill yourself

Vidya got me into programming though. Ever since i've got a computer, my childhood was half about making vidya/modding and half about trying to be a cool hacker like in matrix. Modding community i've been participating in was amazing environment for learning, and i've worked out bad programming habits later in my life. Thank you, video games.

I've been programming since I was 13. I'm 24 now.
It didn't help me in any way. If you're socially inept you're fucked no matter what.

>play WoW or some white noise dopamine grind
>put on programming videos on the background
>Alt+Tab once every couple minutes to take a note

Works for me lads.

Isn't evne really intrusive when you're playing Battlefield or something. You die eventually, and just tab out to take a note when you're waiting to respawn.

Attached: tenor.png (338x208, 138K)

>When you realize you'll die eventually so all time is technically wasted

i remember learning basic logic using command blocks on minecraft

ty minecraft

time is not wasted if you enjoy it
after all pleasure is all that matters in life
that's why I'm taking opiates

>works
It can get you some of the way. It might get you a job if you do it long enough and then (but ideally blended) do some programming.

It won't get you as far as I want to go. I'm reading about passive aggressive algorithms now. I can't get that in my head without focus.

>be me
>freshman in college
>playing lots and lots of dota 2
>coding own projects during queues
???
user... did you not do this?

i've learned to code when I was 15, did absolutely nothing with i, then I learned it properly at 22 during college.
Did a bunch of freelance shit during three years so I could pass myself as a mid level fuck.

I know work at a corporation where i joined due to my fullstack background (java and javascript) where I do everything but coding.

Attached: 1557600704095.jpg (738x1107, 164K)

you also waste your time watch movies? listenting to music? chatting with people? having sex?

what's the point living if there're no pleasent experiences?

unironically this.
comapny codebases are a mess, you'll spend most of your time debugging other people's shitty code and following waste-of-time coding convnetions.

Attached: image0-1.png (462x616, 343K)

My parents made a good effort in trying to encourage me into sports and outdoors activities. However being bullied, or outcast at school, for being a little autistic I guess, and being laughed at in sports had more of an impact on me back then and it drove me into the "fuck these social and outgoing people" kind of mindset. So I'm only dissapointed in myself for not resolving it by toughening up and starting to improve myself instead of taking the easy escape into videogames.

to bad you cant escape this hell hole

>finally get my driver's license, giddy as hell
>think i can finally get a car and get out and be free of this hell
>go to eye doctor's appointment, apparently the insanely rare eye defect I have (morning glory disc anomaly) effects even my good eye and I may end up having to forfeit my license
i don't know what the fuck i'm gonna do guys

How dare you even imply that parents can be at fault! You should stop blaming others for your own faults. Even as a 6 years old you should be aware that you have to learn how to be social even if it makes you feel like garbage.

This thread reeks of autistic incels
retards

>>>/reddit/
>>>/facebook/

Quit being a cager and live free

Attached: 1560373896065.jpg (400x258, 28K)

most parents try but its like trying to convince a drug addict to quit drugs. they didnt understand it and its unfair to expect them to have perfect answers to everything

based

kys stinky incel neet

video games are a form of entertainment. if you let it completely destroy your life then yes its a waste, but its meant to be a break from monotonous work, not a substitute. you can't be a drone your entire life either. its actually more important you have a balance than be some autist programmer who realizes he threw away his teens and 20s because he thought he could catch up later when he had money

dilate

cringew

cope

Start webdev

Gamedev has shitty pay and forces to do overtime. It's bullshit

>practice/study programming on work time
>play games in free time
>often practice programming while playing (Zachtronics and Gmod)
>keep good discipline so you rest well and don't fall into procrastination
>become very skilled programmer who also enjoys his life
>best of both worlds
You have to get good.

Never happened to me. I love my job.

But command blocks don't do logic. Redstone does.

I realize it doesn't matter and none of the great things I could possibly do would ultimately matter and I may as well be happy at the fact that I, at this moment, was there.

Attached: 2014-07-12.png (1280x720, 1.12M)

It all depends on someone's personality and needs, but I'm so happy I got that autistic "fuck socializing" mentality. I really don't enjoy socializing with normies, there is nothing entertaining in getting drunk with such a close minded strangers.(alcohol doesn't even work for me for some reason)
Right now I have do little socializing but I ensure it's too quality. I have small but good group of friends and we organize parties and meetings in a way that we all enjoy.
I'm glad I don't feel that urge to be normal and social, otherwise I would spend my whole youth hating myself and forcing myself to do things I don't enjoy because I believe this is how things should be. But I'm not normal and I like it, it allows me to stay focused on what is important to me.

I agree with you. But it was quite a bit later than I had hoped for, that I realised the same thing. I could just be myself and do my own thing without having to feel embarrassed just because some NPCs cringed at me. Now I've found a few actually good friends who are interested in the same things.

Still playing competitive games daily just to type in nigger and throw ranked matches if i have mudshit or cuck in my team

Don't live in a shithole that relies upon cars for personal transport. Don't support the continuation of urban sprawl and all the unhealthy and environmentally damaging effects of it.
Vote with your wallet, and utilise what political power you have for the betterment of society.

Maybe if they weren't busy binging on tv and screaming at each other all the time, and they actually helped me out when I was getting bullied and had my self esteem systematically destroyed for years, and they didn't constantly gaslight every single issue around me... I might've deemed their bullshit worth listening to.

If you're actually doing this on a regular basis then you're better off just killing yourself. I can only imagine how fat and disgusting you look m8

I love video games though :( I forget the last time I watched a TV series though

6'3 154lbs
sorry bro

Perhaps the time you've spent playing games was necessary to lead you to this realization in the first place.

>time is not wasted if you enjoy it
typical bluepilled reply
yea just spend 10 years of your life having cheap and easy "fun" and ruin rest of your life realizing what you could have become if you spent atleast half of that time doing something meaningful

I escaped as well.
Godspeed user.

t. poorfag

>When you realize you spent thousands upon thousands of hours on videogames instead of learning about programming and technology

To achieve what?
Being a slave to some large corp. that have employed you just because you're a minority or worse because you're really good at job so you do job for 4 people so your corp. can employ niggers and develop system that literally ruins your chances for normal life, like having a wife, your home, your land, and being independent from state and same corp.
Literally pay taxes for your state to import and house niggers and muslims that will later on rape your daughter and dog.
Amount of people that can afford actual independent life is less than 1% and oh my do they LOVE their slaves working hard

Fortunately I realized it in primary school. People were bullying me because I was shy and trying hard to fit in. But I realized I'm actually smarter than any of them. I realized that was they are doing is not valid criticism but just a role they play in society. I realized that opinion of such a people is worthless and I will not benefit anything from their respect. They all just seek validation and childish humour. I stopped giving a fuck, after all I had second life. When I got home I'd join community of other teenager programmers and work together on interesting projects. Community which actually cared about math, science and philosophy.
This gave me strong self-esteem so people stopped bulling me and I was ignored on middle school. On HS some people admired me and in college there was legends about me lol.

Escapism and procrastination are manifestations of emotions of fear of the tasks ahead. You're simply looking up to doing a task a lot and decide to play some games and do it later. However when you're playing those games the occasional thought of the task ahead scares you even more about actually having to do it and when you're done the feeling of not having done anything makes it even worse.

To break the habit it's a good idea to make todo lists for every day. Start out with a small amount of things you need to do and break it up into smaller parts. When you start the day start of by doing the smallest todo items on that list, that way you can actually get a feeling of having been productive and doing a good job when you see that how many items on the list you've done already and that will motivate you to actually finish the list for the day.

Gradually increase the amount of things on those todo lists until you've struck a good balance between productivity and the rest of your life and you'll be way less compelled to escape or procrastinate your responsibilities again.

Also it's a good thing to always do something everyday, even during holidays. That way you prevent breaking the flow and relapsing into escapism again.

Same, except Im 25 and just earned an A+ Net+ asap to get an entry level IT job. Now Im trying to slowly learn webdev and feel like its already too late

>played 50k video games
>watched just over 50k movies & tv shows
>been on Jow Forums/nel since January 2004

You have no idea, OP. No fucking idea. The good thing is that I've not watched a movie/show or played a video game for 5 years now.

>still posting on 4channel

Attached: sad-old-man.jpg (2060x2312, 605K)

anons, we KNOW we are wasting time now right?
You KNOW 10, 20, 30 years from now, you KNOW you WILL think you ARE wasting.
you WILL think,
>"i should have find a more meaningful hobby"
>"i should not have been such an ass to my families"
>"i should have talked more to my parents"
>"i should have get married earlier so i could have a son/daughter now"

its an inevitable suffering that will come to all of us, indefinitely unsatisfied with life.

not talking about your ingame character retard

You wouldn't wanna go into gamedev anyway cus it is actual literal shit but it's never too late to learn 'real' programming, it just takes discipline. C++ is a massive sprawling mess that can take years to understand to a professional standard but that's not because of the difficulty of C++, it's because of how much of a fucking mess it is, and as such CS graduates are in the exact same position cus they learnt Java anyway. Compare to C, if you just read the K&R book you can learn the whole language in a matter of months if you spend enough time on it. After that you'd have to learn algorithms properly but really you just need to nail the ones to pass the coding interview, after that you can look everything up online and learn on the job. There's also a book 'cracking the coding interview' that you might wanna read after you learn the actual languages themselves. Once you get your foot in the door that's it, and seriously if you *really* work on this you can get yourself up to scratch in literally just a year.
Go for it user, I believe in you.

The days when I'm not feeling excessively tired after work I usually forget whatever it was that I was supposed to do.

You forgot the disgusting part, you ugly fuck. Only a complete fuck up would do something like this on a regular basis.

I still live this. I’ve thrown away 12 years of my life on nothing.
Turning 30 in less than 2 years. Life wasted. Oh well.
Kissless and hugless virgin. Oh well.
friendless ohhhhhhh wellllll

iktf lad i cant stop playing even though i know its a waste of time

Attached: Screenshot_21.png (529x372, 140K)

Destroy your gaming system user. If you really care about fixing your shit up this is the best way to do it.

thank fucking god.

>ToS
really nigga? thats a daed game if ive ever seen one

Time enjoyed is not wasted. Everyone dies and if you die having enjoyed your time alive, so be it.

Easy life now, hard life later. Hard life now, easy life later. Words to live by. Shame it took this long for me to figure it out.

But I did not enjoy it

This. Any sort of extremism is retarded. Just enjoy life, cunts.

Then that's on you.

Such a gross lack of awareness. I guess autism does speak.

It's the unequivocal dissatisfaction with life that keeps us yearning for bigger and better things, user. If we were easily pleased, humans would probably never have led the caves.

Misery can be a strength.

This, I managed to stop playing games after finishing high school but before that it was almost 8 years all the time after school and weekends playing vidya. Time completely wasted, I am thankful that Ive got involved (by chance) in sports club at 16 and managed to barely reach 6ft get away from gaming somewhat and enjoy some highschool life. But my grades were shit, I didnt study much or at all because gaming was more important. So much wasted potential. And also its not like no one told that this type of lifestyle will lead me nowhere and I should quit or at least reduce it and start serious studying, ih I have been told this plenty of time, bt I knew better. I am almost thirty now and I am only halfway through my degree, I had to do so much catching up.
When I see all these threads about amd, nvidia, frames per second I pity those people, they are the victims of corporate brainwashing, maybe one day they will understand.

>didn't even grant me any joy, but anger, frustration and hate instead.
What? What kind of games do you play
This

Awareness of what?

Attached: Galuel_RMS_-_free_as_free_speech,_not_as_free_beer.png (1280x799, 1.8M)

Autism isnt real