Omegle thread

Omegle is a website where you meet strangers, you can optionally set tags to meet strangers with the same interests
The tags we'll be using today are: "gijutsu" and "installgentoo"
Also, general discussion about chats, forums and other means of communication
Is there anything that I can self host on my website? I tried rocket.chat but installing it is a pain because they haven't updated their sources to Debian 10 yet and everyone I know is too dumb to use the simplest and easiest technology ever which is obviously IRC
Speaking of forums, have you hosted any? Were you a moderator and how was the experience, I encountered Flarum which looks nice but it's a real pain in the ass to configure and get working for some reason

Attached: e17d88e86826319a9bf01af74d5095c0.png (1024x1024, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RZLDAVNTBBs
github.com/paradoxmoe/RandomMOE
random.moe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

chat or video?

chat
video is monitored by bots and according to their terms of service they can store the video data for as long as they want

to be more precise "Webcam images may be captured from Omegle video chats, uploaded to Omegle's servers, and monitored for misbehavior as part of Omegle's moderation process. Captured images may also be stored and used to improve Omegle's moderation process."

Nothing but horny dudes and spam
Nobody actually wants to just have a convo
Can't connect with a VPN
It's shit

make an open source self-hosted federated clone of omegle and then we're talking

I use it to masturbate

Attached: 3BC0CF8E90A44A4EBD5C571D5F4185D5.jpg (1056x1247, 402K)

which one of you was it, i'm calling stallman

Attached: bruh.png (338x272, 22K)

kek

cunny

youtu.be/RZLDAVNTBBs

Die.

cunny

Just go on Spy mode (discuss), people are more willing to just talk there, I constantly have decent conversations there.

nobody uses that

Trust me, a lot of people use it, and it isn't full of spam like regular text chat.

In response to your question, I've hosted several forums and several relatively successful imageboards. It's a pain in the ass, but once you're doing it and have a relatively large userbase, you can't ever really stop. It's a fun experience though.

Would you tell us what imageboards/forums you were/are hosting?
Also was the imageboard/forum hand made and what kind of interest was the community centered to?

I was hosting one called 76chan since about 2014, it was originally started as a raid board back when I was young and liked to do stuff like that, but eventually turned into an Jow Forums and /sp/ board. Now I host one that I can't say the name of because it autobans on the Jow Forums spam filter.

post it on some temporary pastebin and post the link
also, how about forums? what forums were you hosting?

just bumpin'

Wish I had my own forum with a sizable userbase back in back in 2005 to see how it is. I wish I was a moderator back in 2011-2013, would have helped me to repel the shitposting. 2010 also would have been good to start my secluded fandoms for people who love discussing cartoons and love criticizing specific cartoons without the fanboys pouring in.

2012-2016 has made me want to have my own websites and chat rooms. Imagine omegle with tags, but it tells you how many people have those tags and how many are currently chatting. I could never tell how popular Omegle's tags were.
Video moderation is bullshit though and bots have killed Omegle which used to be at 40k users.

I've already started
github.com/paradoxmoe/RandomMOE
It's not federated technically yet but I plan on implementing it.

I remember using a Java-based spy program. It worked if the users connected fast enough to each other (for slower tags it was useless)

I had fun with the roleplay chats because I could filter/switch words, from M to F, from dick to pussy, to thrust to hump and so on. It was funny when it took them half through the RP to realize that they were both dudes. If I had more advanced filters and was more creative I could have kept it up for 100% of the chat.

fkn based

I have an amazon server hosting it currently: random.moe

Unfortunately no userbase lol. If you end up forking it and finding issues, lmk.

up

bump

Is it 2010? What happened?

yea dude it's 2010
yo bro want to watch some smosh?

damn that website is aids