/hpg/

Because some dude said he'd try pic related at his headphones store, and there's no current /hpg/ for him to post that on.

Attached: denon-ah-d5200.jpg (487x318, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yaxi.jp/product-gallery/porta-pro/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/4x6hgp/shp9500_bass_sounds_horrible/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/4pny6y/philips_shp9500_tuning/d5vfnd5/
youtube.com/watch?v=GAB26GgJ8V8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is the Koss KPH30i good for a newfag?

Like most cheap Koss with the porta pro/ksc75 drivers, yes.

all three use the same drivers?
wtf

Not exactly, but close enough. Plenty of Koss cheap headphones use these drivers.

Currently have Tin T2 IEMs, want something nice for home use, thinking of getting either the HD6xx or HD58x, would these sound like better versions of the T2's? I like the T2's would like slightly better bass though, not more bass just better if that makes sense.

Hi, I'm that user.
I didn't like them. They had no bass.
I bought Beats and you should do the same thing. You won't be disappointed, they're made by a guy with a phd in audio afterall.

Attached: 1544556665657.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

>phd in audio
Dumb frogposter

What's the best in-ear wireless you can get at the moment for $150?

Remember that the best possible audio experience can only be reached through Schiit gear. Buy Schiit.

Attached: B6A58996-D930-4318-9EB1-EDFCAF992A60.jpg (600x479, 39K)

Hey I was actually that dude! I tried them at the store today. I tested them as thoroughly as I could for you. I tried out a handful of genres and podcasts. Overall they sound pretty great. I was expected a mid-forward, bass-weak headphone because that’s what Japanese closed-backs are usually like, but they’re really balanced. The bass is a bit too loose/slow for me, but I have Stax and Etys so I’m picky in that regard. They’re definitely not bad as bass, it’s pretty natural bass and overall I enjoyed it with rock and electronic music, but not breakcore (a bit too slow for the detail/speed there). Mids and highs were also both very nice, strong but balanced!
They sounded fine with most music I played, not super high detail for anything but that means they sounded good with lower quality music too. I’d consider that a plus, it’s a good balance.
They’re also ridiculously comfy, light but feel secure on my head. They isolate sound pretty well, but they lose bass/isolation with glasses. I took mine off and they sounded better.
Also, I tried them with my Oppo amp And also straight from my iPhone X and it sounded great with both. Sensitivity seems fine. Not sure what phone you have, but iPhone is fine.

Hope this helps! I can answer other questions you have, but I left feeling pretty happy with how they sounded. I think it wouldn’t be a bad decision to go for them.

Never ever heard of Denons.

GOOD. FUCK BASS. Now tell us, how did they sound for classical and disco?

is this R2R DAC end game?

Attached: dac1321_front_1200.jpg (1200x582, 81K)

Oh, forgot to say, but podcasts sounded decent too. I thought that was important to note, but then I fucked it and forgot to mention it.

Those schiit eating grins. :^)

Attached: dac1321_rear_1200.jpg (1200x516, 100K)

I want one.

Attached: 848948-appj-mini-2013-original-miniwatt-3w-mini-tube-amp-wvolume-control.jpg (682x768, 70K)

Attached: dac1321_open_1200.jpg (1017x1200, 677K)

R2R DAC insides give me a boner, damn.

I appreciate the effort, thanks. Not mentionned earlier, but I happen to have its big brother, the D7200, and they pretty much fit the same description. But they were also bloody expensive so I was looking at the 5200. Looks like it's not a piece of crap, so I'll likely be getting them.

I mean, even if you don't know about the newer ones, D2000, D5000 and D7000 were pretty damn famous. Their reputation pretty much is the reason people cared about Fostex TH-X00 series.

Cool, glad I could help! Yeah the 7200s are bloody expensive. I haven’t heard them, but the 5200 was a really clean, nice sounding headphone.

Ive been using samsung ehs64 earphones for years and left side stopped working yesterday. Should i buy another ehs64 for 3$, hs 1303 for 8$ or ig935 for 13$? These all have 3.5mm jack right?

It's really hot. Does sweat harm those velour ear pads (HD600)? How often do you clean them?

Got the Cooler Master MH751's.
Needed a headset for gaming with a good mic, but with at least decent music capabilities.

Sound: Absolutely amazing for the price ($60).
Tried listening to FLAC of well-produced albums such as:
>AIR - 10000 Hz Legend
>Paquito D'Rivera - Portraits of Cuba
>Boards of Canada - Trans Canada Highway
>Opeth - Heritage
>Mr. Bungle - California
>Haroumi Hosono - Pacific
>Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra - Sibelius: Complete Symphonies
And so on. High clarity. Every original sound track is very well-defined and it is easy to differentiate between different instruments and voices. It's not bass-heavy, but not lacking in bass either. Responds very well to changed equalizer settings. The sound is strangely airy and "big" for closed-back headphones.

Comfort: Very comfortable. Can easily be worn for extended periods of time. They're flatter than most headphones, so it's easier than usual to listen to music while lying on your side. Noticed a slight ambient noise reduction which is a plus.

Mic: Better than any other gaming headset mic that I could find in the pricerange, and even approximately +$40 above. Fairly balanced sound uptake. It's unfortunately omnidirectional, but I'll might tweak it later to make it slightly more directed, as I want to minimize keyboard/mouse sounds. Room reverb is more noticeable for people I talk to on the mic.

Build: It's generally sturdy and built from what appears to be high-quality materials. The head size settings are easily adjustible. What's not too good about it is the in-line volume control and mic mute button, as the volume control is easy to accidentally move about and the mute button wiggles in place slightly (giving off a subtle rattle). The cord is covered in a polyester wire material that is sturdy, but it is rather prone to microphonics. I'll cover it in some other material later.

Would buy again? Sure. With some slight adjustments they're great.

Attached: 1122595.jpg (800x600, 40K)

I bought the shp9500 recently and I'm not sure it's what I really expected. Although they are my first pair of open back headphones.

Do any of you guys know a good eq config for the type of songs I listen to? I mainly listen to shit like city pop and shibuya-kei.

The most popular configs I've found off the internet for these headphones don't really suite my taste. As they end up sounding a bit too quiet for me for whatever reason. Even when using pre-amp.

Attached: 1547102839657.jpg (720x719, 239K)

HD 600's are balanced so you should be fine. Sound signature isn't the only thing to look for when listening to headphones, there is also clarity, speed, and just overall sound representation. HD 600's will BTFO T2's
Real end game would be something like the Denafrips Terminator R2R DAC.

Attached: 1557891890811.jpg (5164x2799, 2.27M)

>Budget
$60, will go higher if they have good build quality and don't break after 3 months.
>Source
redmi note 6 pro
>Type of headphone (Open or closed)
Closed
>Comfort level
comfy, 3 hours
>Sound signature you prefer
Don't know what that is, I don't care about audio quality, I want them to watch cartoons
>Past headphones
chink in-ears

I have to take a three-hour bus ride with normie movies playing and I need to cancel that noise.

Is noise cancelling appropiate for my needs? I have heard it doesn't cancel voices and movies do have dialogues. Wouldn't over ear headphones be better?

I was thinking about getting the Ath-m20x or the OneOdio ones that Amazon promotes.

Attached: 1442620761310.png (650x954, 260K)

I don't know too many closed cheap headphones, but Cooler Master MH-751's are solid. They're based off the Takstar Pro 82, they're better built, better sound, and cheaper.

1sr for STATE OF THE ART

Attached: 54A6717C-3AF5-4A27-AC90-C05D9ADCC3EE.jpg (3597x2110, 1.85M)

>my grandpa had Stax
>state of the art

posting endgame phones, anything beyond this point is placebo

Attached: Headphone-Zone-Audio-Technica-M50x-Black-1_2000x_f2fc0ca5-4441-4dd3-a7c1-bb7ea52b9a83_2000x.jpg (1160x1160, 112K)

Good to see you again, staxfam
What exactly do you do for a living to be able to afford all this summitfi gear and still manage to shitpost every single /hpg/?

Been using these for years. They're perfect. Excellent sound and build quality and so comfy you'll forget you're wearing them. Audio Technica knows their shit.

>city pop
you need bass oriented headphones, senpai

i'll also tell you toshiki kadomatsu, chisato moritaka, etc sound amazing on XB500, don't know what's the current equivalent of that though

Redpillme on the Koss Porta Pros
I dont care about sound leaking out, i dab on in-ear virgins, i care about out sound leaking in.
And, can you get foam replacements in different colors? looking for orange cushions

yaxi.jp/product-gallery/porta-pro/

I'm this guy So I've checked the fidelio x2 and saw the hd58x. The hd58x seems to be the closest to what I want(x2 is more v shaped, than neutral?, as said from several reviews), though there isn't any available source to try or get them, here in the Philippines. I mainly listen to idol music, jazz, and city pop. Is x2 the best that I can get at that price range here?

Audio technology redpills:
Planar headphones are a meme, not just STAX. Planar magnetic drivers are decades old technology being sold at a premium price. They do not offer any tangible benefits compared to a proper dynamic driver headphone.
AMPs are a meme. Their only purpose is to increase the output volume of an audio device. They do not make the sound of said device any better. Any effect that might come with expensive amps such as tube amps is placebo and could be replicated under Windows/Mac applications.
They do not "help improve bass/mids/treble by powering up the headphones" you're just increasing the gain across all frequencies and thus, you hear such details better.
Open headphones are a meme. Nearly all of them lack in the low end and they usually have harsher highs while also leaking an immense amount of sound and, most of the times they provide ZERO isolation.
Vinyl turntables are a meme. No, there's no distinguishable difference in quality NOR DETAIL from a decent 320Kbps V0 MP3 or FLAC file from a brand new well mastered vinyl disc. For fuck's sake, that's WHY we migrated to digital CDs goddammit. The only noticeable difference (and a major drawback) is that you'll have to deal with the classic vinyl crackling noises (depending on your turntable and your record).
EQ is a meme. It's only really worth it if you're doing music production and want to either:
1 - Compensate how your headphones sound in order to make them more flat (gutting some bass in bassy headphones for instance) just so you can produce with proper expectations and orientation as to what the song should sound like when reproduced in regular devices.
2 - Adjust your track when mastering.
Thing is, there's no universal solution for a software EQ on all platforms (desktop systems/mobile). Not only that but most EQ applications are only either 10/31 bands (or even less). An EQ won't solve your headphone not being ideal for specific kinds of music.

Attached: 5b1c83af361e4f2808d5296892a119cf.jpg (2508x3541, 831K)

Welp I fucked up majorly then

right now, is that a headphone on your head user? what is it??

Attached: 2FEF5E9F-221D-48AA-830A-C12D0AF51DBD.jpg (4032x3024, 2.23M)

What is your FUCKING problem?

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/4x6hgp/shp9500_bass_sounds_horrible/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/4pny6y/philips_shp9500_tuning/d5vfnd5/
you have probably tried this eq? maybe it's still possible to salvage

huh? I’m listening to Ie800 myself

Attached: DBBF00E4-D3C1-4A11-991C-405E0709DDD5.jpg (3737x2640, 1.62M)

Thanks for posting this.

well ie800s to be precise

Attached: 74A88692-39D5-4228-83B3-283A58631975.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

>Their only purpose is to increase the output volume of an audio device
>Open headphones are a meme. Nearly all of them lack in the low end and they usually have harsher highs while also leaking an immense amount of sound and, most of the times they provide ZERO isolation.
Kill yourself my man

Attached: vtak.png (624x581, 68K)

>Open headphones are a meme. Nearly all of them lack in the low end and they usually have harsher highs while also leaking an immense amount of sound and, most of the times they provide ZERO isolation.
Suck a dick, bitch. Im blasting my open headphones all the way up

cope, she speaks truth

Attached: re.jpg (1920x1080, 433K)

If i really like both my DT880 and my AD900Xm which one should i upgrade to?
DT1990 or AD2000X?

Attached: 1354334427276.png (600x600, 106K)

>No, there's no distinguishable difference in quality NOR DETAIL from a decent 320Kbps V0 MP3 or FLAC file from a brand new well mastered vinyl disc.
The master done for vinyl is not the same as the one for CD, it's do so exactly because Vinyl can't handle some things as well as CDs, so it's bound to sound different.

>She
Oh you guys are discord friends

Do you faggots even own Stax?

Yeah I'm using that right now. The pre-amplifying value sounds too quite for whatever reason even at 100 volume. Dunno if it's my motherboard or whatever. Or maybe the change is something I'm not used to from my last headphones. Which I thought sounded sorta bad but this feels worse

Does anyone unironically enjoy vinyl rips? They sound like crap to me, I hear hissing and crackling all over the place

>solves headphones

Attached: Z7X_5581.jpg.b791337d26bfa76dbbde103785448d8c.jpg (1103x1680, 337K)

>What's not too good about it is the in-line volume control and mic mute button, as the volume control is easy to accidentally move about and the mute button wiggles in place slightly (giving off a subtle rattle). The cord is covered in a polyester wire material that is sturdy, but it is rather prone to microphonics.

I got the pair after zeos video but the cable is worst shit ever. I dont understand anything about it and now I need to buy some specific cable with .5cm width head to fit through the proprietary lock system.

Honestly? Don't know. I'm just making a point that they are, in fact, different.

Don't ever listen to Zeos. I made that mistake two times

such a lack of low end

Attached: th909_fr.png (2273x1132, 81K)

>looks retarded

Am I the only one autistic enough to keep his headphones in a drawer, each one in its individual bag/pouch?

Attached: 13106925943.jpg (250x252, 63K)

What are you listening to now /hpg/ ?

Attached: Screenshot 126.png (1514x1042, 1.21M)

Good way to preserve pads.

unironically yes

youtube.com/watch?v=GAB26GgJ8V8
Should check it out user

fucking subhuman mutt

Yes, a 307 but I'm also looking at auctions for omegas.

don't buy used omegas unless you can return them

why?

DT 1990 Chad reporting in. Enjoying music every day.

Attached: 1534232671316.jpg (800x533, 65K)

>absolute state of the art of headphones

Attached: 6495442.jpg (225x225, 19K)

buy schiit, you get schiit

>"Yep. Don't make 'em like that any more."

Attached: got it right in the 70s.jpg (3024x4032, 2.12M)

Not hd600, hd 6xx, basically a hd650

Just sharing my experience. Got a 007 from fujiya avic, thought a big, very well known store should be more trustworthy than auctions. It was more expensive than the usual used ones because it was listed as being in perfect condition, no signs of wear. When it arrived, the left driver was doing a dumb noise because it had a tiny bit of dirt caught between the inner dust cover and the plastic frame of the driver. There is a narrow space there where dust can easily enter and it's impossible to get out without opening the driver. Just opening the driver and putting it back on fucks it. If a screw is even a little bit tighter or looser it no longer works well. The driver is connected with some ultrathin tiny wires pressed and twisted like crazy in a small space and if they're not arranged perfectly again, things can go bad. Everything is built with the shittiest possible materials and it's impossible to fix anything without breaking something else. Even changing pads is a pain in the ass and potentialy dangerous. The internet is full of people having problems with omegas like sudden channel imbalance after a short time, breaking where the cables are attatched and other stuff. They're simply too fragile and poorly built to get them without warranty. There was even a guy who bought a new 009, got channel imbalance or some noise, I don't remember exactly, sent them 3 times to Stax for repairs and they never fixed it.
Now, of course one bad experience doesn't mean you'll encounter the same things, but it's very risky. I'm not saying it because I got unlucky, I'm saying it after opening them and seeing how they're built and how problematic they are. Lambdas are much safer.

Was it a mk1?

No, it was a few years old mk2.

I can buy two used 009s for the price of a new one though, and besides, faulty units should not prevent a second hand market entirely.

Dammmmn boy I didn’t know you guys owned nice stuff

▲ ▲

Stax are like iPhones, only poor people buy them.

Listening to this, with that.

Attached: 0FDDAC53-610A-4176-A5A0-BEBF1CD131F2.jpg (2526x3706, 1.8M)

i wonder who could be behind this post

Attached: bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8-1.jpg (750x1000, 60K)

I tried Denon AH-D7200. Was expecting to immediately hear an improvement over my PSB M4U 1, and I didn't. Maybe I am not used to this sound sig, but it is how it is. Compared to PSB, there is more bass, bass quality seemed to be better too. Sound is more punchy, but more narrow. Build quality and looks are better, didn't wear it long enough to comment on comfort, but it's not bad.

Same day I tried Focal Clear. It's my first listen to a good open headphone and it's the third good headphone that I've tried. Was expecting to immediately hear soundstage improvement, and not sure I did, might have been better, but not too much. Other than that, it's one step above PSB and Denon.

Love PSB. Build and looks are meh, needs good care, but sounds great for the price.

Pleasantly surprised by their new album. I was thoroughly disappointed with their previous album, but this one is pretty alright. Not high brow music, but hey.

Listening on a Focal Elex right now, plugged into an Aune DX7s, into a SoundblasterX G6. Not really the best, my Denon D7200 are better in my opinion for this album, but the Elex is a better all-rounder.

Attached: listeningrightnow.png (887x737, 165K)

As a guy with Denon D7200 and Focal Elex (so not Clear, but close enough), Focal open headphones don't have massive soundstage (not like a Beyerdynamic DT990, an AKG K701 or a Sennheiser HD800), but it's not exagerately wide, while on the other hand higher-end closed-back headphones often have pretty wide soundstage for closed-back heaphones, which makes it a bit tighter competition.

Also, sound signature of Denon is clearly bassy, while Focal Clear is a lot more "neutral"-oriented.

Which one should I get?
Divide by 20 and that's how much it costs in dollars.

Attached: IMG_20190725_143847.jpg (1080x2408, 503K)

Should I nab some Sennheiser HD 4.4 wireless if I will primarily be listening to music at home and at the gym, or should I go for the noise cancelling pair? I've never had noise cancelling headphones before.

Based.

Going to listen to it right now.

Anyone?

None, if you can afford it get stax instead.

SRS-3100

I made my 650 quite bassy, but not nigger bass level, without EQing, and it's called a mod. Also lcd2 close back are really good and has pretty good sound. And my ES10 mod has incredible mids, very forward, around 1k and 3 has massive peaks, and has controlled highs and they are not on your face; good for anime shit and progressive house. They are good with everything. Thanks for reading my blog!

FX-Audio DAC-X6 is a piece of shit, frequency response-wise. SMSL, even M3, is better on that respect.

Good points. If I had a headphone like Clear with a better soundstage and maybe a littttle less bass (this could naturally improve soundstage), I probably wouldn't want Stax (no shop to demo it here, but Zeos sound demo, feedbacks and technology behind it look promising).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>she
kill yourself

Why, this place is fucking dead I want to die fuck nu Jow Forums

Attached: 1421216205843.gif (281x281, 743K)

>nu Jow Forums
I've been here longer than u retard

current and output impedance are very important in creating a GOOD amplifier for headphones that are hard to drive, but otherwise your point on amplifiers stands. Heck, I'd go as far to say that most amps probably make your headphones sound WORSE, especially tube amps. Here's a good joke, someone find me a picture of a tube amp where the tubes aren't visible to the user.

Ok, anything good under $100?
Right now using just Fiio A1 into laptop.

Kill yourself you parasite, you are nothing but hellish scum