I applied for a job and they sent me this. It has to be completed by Monday

I applied for a job and they sent me this. It has to be completed by Monday.

Anyone want to help?

Attached: Screenshot_20190725-092548_Drive.jpg (720x1280, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

getbootstrap.com/
palletsprojects.com/p/flask/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

>Thank you for your offer, unfortunately I have accepted another company's offer.
>Best regards:
>user from Jow Forums

You can thank me later.

They want YOU to do THEIR job and then REJECT you

They don't even say to post the code on Github, because they are thinking of keeping the code for themselves.

Don't do it.

This. Also they have an emoji in this what I'm assuming to be a formal-ish letter, fuck em.

>they have an emoji
THIS. It's a sign it's not a serious company

>can't even be bothered to crop it
No, I don't want to help you, you disrespectful little phoneposting shit.

Attached: 1533176586271.jpg (500x488, 76K)

this isn't a real job
this is a H1B thinking he's clever by trying to get desperate unemployed fags to do his work for him, for free
you should look up any relevant authorities and contact them about it, because chances are this qualifies as unpaid labor

Dont be a cuck and never ever send your code to a company without being payed
Just say that you're open for a live demonstration

>payed

Any specified language? If you just need to build something quick you can use node and not have to deal with a whole LAMP setup.

django should probably do it

Org mode lmao

crop your post you lazy shit

Haha good luck getting all of that done before Monday. I hope you have a lot of free time.

This is what happens when you have HR roasties infecting companies and coming up with inane bullshit to make it appear as though they're useful parts of the company.

>literal DO OUR WORK FOR US
>a fucking emoji on a formal e-mail
Don't even bother with it

>"When I applied for a job I meant regular employment. But I can also offer to work as a freelancer ($150/hr). If you're interested we can meet and discuss further details at your site."

kek

Attached: sensible chuckle.gif (250x250, 993K)

It would take 10 hours tops

Someone should really create a database of these companies so people know who to avoid applying for. Might convince companies to stop this bullshit.

This is basic web dev shit, you aren't doing anyone's job.

it's a fucking CRUD todo app

but for a graduate it is fun. Btw if you take until Monday to complete it, you probably are not their #1 choice.

I can tell you are a student. A take home assignment is vastly preferable to whiteboard interviews. This assignment is not "free work", it is quite trivial. It is a good sign to have a company that will actually give out assignments.

>Make it look not ugly
That's opinion and doesn't exist

retards

faith in Jow Forums restored

Absolute chad reply

I would just use default bootstrap instead of just outputting HTML without any styling.

>frontend/backend webapp shit
heh
hehehehehe
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Does this happen at engineering positions as well?

>have your final code submitted in .zip format

whiteboard interviews are stressful, but I prefer them to every company asking me to drop an entire week on implementing custom networking protocols

>but I prefer them to every company asking me to drop an entire week on implementing custom networking protocols
seriously doubt that happens often since it doesn't give the company any more info on the graduate compared to a simple CRUD assignment

Yes, it is easier. This is not a hard problem. If I can upload it on github, I would be fine with this. If not, then emailing someone my work is just giving them something for free.
This job would have to be very lucrative/I would need a high chance of getting in for me to agree to this.

When did I every say this was hard? Companies shouldn't make you work for them before you are hired.

This shit is easy as fuck lmao, I wish I got sent things like this instead of hackerranks that require you to have autistically grinded 200 leetcode problems

Tell them you dont do freebies

its literally babby's first CRUD app and can be done in

Second post best post

Go do your own homework

This is a reasonable interview question and is probably indicative of the type of work you will be doing, which is CRUD apps. They are being honest. I have given a very similar take home assignment to candidates wanting to join the team.

Everyone telling you they are making you do their work for free is a clueless idiot.

Nothing from this will be reusable. You actually think graduates are writing production ready software by themselves? Them also saying "use whatever technology/language" is not how someone goes about asking for free code.

Give them a cryptolocker.

They'll base it off of the work that you did. No company would just take what was written by a candidate and use it in prod. They might even just use it internally just as a tool for engineers. Point is, if they're using something that you built and they aren't paying you. Admittedly this one is probably too simple for any practical purpose, but the practice of offloading parts of engineering tasks to candidates is coming up more and more.

Don't put more than an hour of your time into any application without getting an interview, and even after getting an interview don't put more than a few hours into anything (outside travel time).

You vastly underestimate the copy paste duct tape culture of webdev. If they ask 50 people to do this, one of them will make something they can copy and have it work. That's all they need.

only have been asked to do that specific thing once. it was for a network security job

most people just rejected me on the spot because no degree

apply to more small startups then
this shit is way more common around wevdev than in enterprise and big N

If you can't do this yourself, get fucked

>Hello,
>I will not be completing this assignment. You are welcome to continue the interview process with me.
>Thanks,
>user

Attached: 1564069403203.png (801x767, 109K)

Not even FAANG does this to people.

The most effort you should put into this is a 3 line Ruby on rails app for a forum that's so generalized that it can be used as a template for any of these horse shit projects.

seems cool, go do it user

Larger companies have so much going on that they typically have their hiring processes down to a science.
It's the smaller companies that are full of retarded HR cunts and hiring managers who think they're special snowflakes reinventing the wheel and coming up with all sorts of dumb gimmicks and schemes like this.

What do you mean by "3 line RoR app for forum"? They ask for crud todo app, not a forum. Is making forum really that simple?

HE HAS NO STYLE HE HAS NO GRACE
THIS KONG HAS A FUNNY FACE

Attached: lanky.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Looks like they're trying to get free labour from you.
Don't do it.

This thing is so basic it's not like they'll get any real use out of it. A list of orders with comments, wow.
Doesn't make it any less absurd to ask for this amount of work upfront before screening even happened, but you guys chose to live in the USA, you brought this upon yourselves.

this is like 30x easier than grinding 200 hours of leetcode questions to pass a FAANG interview

>webshit
Color me surprised

if FAANG did this they'd probably be stricter with your resume overall because hiring won't care enough to manually look through the hundreds of these projects
the whole leetcode thing is to filter people out, anyways

the roastie at the company i applied to just was cool and didn't even interview me face to face and only asked for a date when i can start.

sure thing!
getbootstrap.com/
palletsprojects.com/p/flask/
good luck!

Attached: 1563899495932.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

They gave you a job to do
Congrats on getting hired. Show up at least 20 minutes early if you want to make a good impression.

It's either that or disingenuous crap like this.

>We need someone passionate with so we can justify the abuse that you'll be taking.

This is pre-interview btw. Good way to filter candidates I guess.

Attached: 1.jpg (652x715, 119K)

Attached: 2.jpg (555x750, 101K)

Attached: 3.jpg (572x678, 99K)

Attached: 4.jpg (732x876, 52K)

Attached: 5.jpg (728x836, 37K)

Attached: 6.jpg (730x807, 49K)

Attached: 7.jpg (731x893, 57K)

Attached: 8.jpg (720x856, 50K)

Attached: 9.jpg (726x857, 68K)

Attached: 10.jpg (707x798, 44K)

Attached: 11.jpg (692x773, 49K)

Attached: 12.jpg (660x812, 35K)

Attached: 13.jpg (720x761, 48K)

Send them back an assignment of your own. Tell them they have 4 hours to reply is they want you to stay with them.

What's the ring tone part about. Some graph theory spook? I don't get it?!

Tell them that if they want you to program that, they'll have to pay you for it; You don't work for free.
You DON'T work for free.

>Innovation fridays!

Attached: 05 - lAxv6rR.jpg (600x640, 189K)

We put out a similar home-based test for candidates to write a console application in C# with a REST API with unit tests, even provide a skeleton project that they can build on. The amount of shit we got in return, man. Some of it obviously hadn't even been run, let alone tested. It's a pretty good pleb filter.

You're still writing code for them and expanding their code base.
Whether it is easy or hard isn't the point. If you do a good job your code will be used by the company in similar programs, whether they decide to hire you or not.

If this is the state of trying to find a CS job then I'm glad I'm a biochemist instead.

Answer Jow Forums and see how fast they drop you.

Lmao op can't make a fucking Todo list.

this is just an intro to internet programming basic CRUD assignment. The "to-do list" shit is like the first thing you learn, so the people claiming they're making you do their work for them are retarded. With that said, I'd tell them to fuck off with this shit and apply to a real job.

You can do this in a fucking afternoon while having a time to play vidyagaems at night

Why would you want to work at a serious company

Not really you need to be a licensed engineer and BAM every company will come at your phone.

>read all this shit on Jow Forums
>get an interview, kinda nervous
>they ask me nothing but a few general questions about stuff on my resume
>hired later that day

Pick better jobs.

the OP isnt that bad but this gigantic questionnaire is honestly fucking ridiculous, I've sent like 300 job applications and never seen anything like this. what kinda shitty company is this

>pick more desperate companies
more like

Am I the only one that prefers doing simple assignments that can be completed in a half a day over spending that same time fucking whiteboarding shit from classes I took in my Junior year of college

I personally prefer making a project over stupid algorithms quizes.

That said. The exception is if I don't get the job, despite putting 1> hour working on a project for them that satisfied their requirements. At that point, I'd be livid.