Redpill me on MAC adresses

redpill me on MAC adresses

Attached: 4843DC80-3DCB-46EC-BB1A-357C9E9BB5CD.png (497x326, 16K)

I deleted it and my life became better

from what angle

MACtoddlers BTFO

Attached: 1535555407405.gif (500x491, 376K)

FU.CK.TH.EF.IV.EO

It's basically a dead simple way of identifying routers, computers, and other devices within a local network (ie just your router/gateway and the devices connected to it). It's a commonly identified by a 6 pairs of hexidecimal digits separated by a hypen or colon and burned into the NIC of the device (ie can't be physically changed).

easiest way to dodge bans if your router is retarded like mine

wondows 10 dont give (You) to change em

i only use linux addresses

local networks usually are ethernet based (pic related). ethernet networks type is broadcast: when you send something in the local network, anyone can read it. so in order to send something to someone, you have to indentify them. that's what a mac address is: a 6 byte unique identifier for every network card. when a manufacturer makes a network card, they hard code in it a mac address.
so if you want to send something to someone over the lan, you put this someone's mac address on it. network cards listen to lan traffic all the time and check if it's destined to them by comparing the mac address on the packet to their own mac address, if it's a match, the packet is processed further, else it's ignored.
you can listen to all the traffic on the lan even if it's not destined to you though using special software but that's another subject.

Attached: ethernet.jpg (277x182, 8K)

This

The first three pairs of characters identify the manufacturer. the next 3 identify that particular device

Based

There are a lot of possible mac addresses. They are like 12 digits long and hexadecimal, pow(16,12) is a pretty big number. I don't think we ever come to moment there will be no spare addresses to use

Hello, Reddit.

you can change real MAC address without spoofing if the system is programmable. Else you must use hacks to delete memory.

That's reddit star, you low hanging fruit.

Attached: the_mill.jpg (700x700, 29K)

>redpill me on
Is this the cool new way to ask a question because you're too stupid to research or understand your findings on your own?

The populace is dumbing down more and more as CO2 levels keep sky rocketing. Soon people will have to be spoken to in fox news level of communication to understand anything.

I've already begun amassing house plants and the journey of learning Botany.

Attached: CO2-Levels-Keeling-Curve-20180504-529px.png (529x506, 90K)

Why do you tripfag?
What's in it 4 you?

Vlans are based

This nigger thinks hubs still exist

Your soul.

>inb4 "I have no soul."

No but seriously
Why post with a tripcode?
What's the upside of people having a negative presumption about your post?
Why post with a distinctive identifier on a anonymous Website?
I just don't get it.
Mind explaining?

It's simple. He's a fag, so he uses tripcode.

It's simple, to aquire your soul. That's it.

he’s an attention whore. The best way to deal with tripfags is to ignore them.

Underrated

Judging by >72037057 (you) might be right