Chinks launching 16-core RISC-V CPU

onties.com/china/brother-pingtou-released-the-first-chip-xuantie-910-the-strongest-risc-v-processor-in-the-industry-pingtous-brother-the-first-the-chip-xuan-tie-910-the-strongest-risc-v-processing-technolo/ (archive.fo/1t6CL)
>At the 2019 Summit of Ali in Shanghai, Pingtou Ge officially announced the Xuan Tie 910, which is also the strongest RISC-V processor in the industry.
>According to reports, Black Iron 910 can be used to design and produce high-performance end-to-end 5G chips, artificial intelligence and automatic driving.
>Xuan Tie 910's performance breakthrough is due to two major technological innovations: the complex out-of-order execution architecture, implemented with 3 Emissions 8, is the industry's first RISC-V process to achieve 2 memory approaches per cycle based on RISC -In extensions
It's made by Pingtou Ge Semiconductor Co., Ltd, an Alibaba company.

Attached: s_4825d22bd90e4459b8995f397625c8fb.jpg (600x229, 101K)

Holy shit bros here we fucking goooo

The age of the risc v process is upon us

Go back to /v/eddit already, will you?

I want one even though it won't have any of the instructions that I enjoy.

Except now it's infested with a built in hardware botnet and spyware.

Attached: 1438714549462.png (520x533, 283K)

Diversity in CPU architectures in long overdue.

Attached: diversity-midyear-report-2017.pdf.rendition.cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png (246x319, 210K)

at last

shame it has to be from fucking china

Where the fuck else did you expect it to come from?

>implying non-chink CPUs don't have these too

Attached: 1476073519705.gif (540x540, 1.1M)

Glorious Nippon, like スーパーエイチ did!

Riscv is open source, so get an x-ray machine, and microscope.

Not sure how much this means, but
>In addition, Pingtou Ge announced the Pu Hui Chip program, the future will open the Black Core 910 IP Core, a global developer can download the FPGA processor code for a free, fast chip prototype and architectural innovations.

i have no idea but i'm sure the idea that it's Literally Impossible to open a fabrication plant is not quite true

Looks like it's going to be gratis, but may or may not be libre.

RISC-V major video game console when?

Is buying old surplus manufacturing hardware, and making your own modern CPUs in your garage finally a reality?

fuck offfffffffff
jesus christ

There'll probably be a retroarch build.

ps6/xbox3

>complex out-of-order execution
hmmm

>16 RISC-V cores @ 2.5GHz
big if true
_very_ big

if true

>they copied Intel's including the vulnerabilities

Attached: 1563467906283.gif (400x225, 506K)

I feel like they'd have more desu.

Thankfully Chromebooks didn't do well, so it's (hopefully) safe to assume Google won't release a desktop cpu soon.

Attached: 2424f17c-4fcc-4fe3-a2e9-c85cb85a6a57-Converted.jpg (640x480, 175K)

Are you a chink?
Do you have family in China?
We can't make our own chips, better getting spied on by chinks on the other side of the world than by our own (((subverted))) countries

Since RISC-V is open source hardware does it mean no backdoors?

Attached: 1555523279666.png (741x568, 29K)

IT should mean that,yes. We'll see though.

if it's not even 5ghz is shit like all AMD lineup

Incorrect base assumption. The ISA itself is open, but implementations of it are not. This is a proprietary closed CPU made with an open ISA.

Well that'd be neat but still run you back tens of thousands + sourcing and delivering good wafers.

implementations *may not be, but there are plenty of open-source implementations available online. Everyone and their mother has implemented the RISCV ISA in Verilog as a side-project.

Dumb.

Can you imagine like, actual competition? Not just blue vs red, but tens of companies selling processor designs?

Get ready, the next decade is going to be a ride

Isn't it assic?

as expected of bugmen

Hopefully never.
You consumerist ants always, always throw wrenches into the FOSS project.

>Hopefully never.
Nvidia is working on risc-v, so it's probably going to happen.

Intel stomped out all the diversity (Cyrix, VIA, to a lesser extent IBM, AMD, etc)

get fucked whitoid cuck

they're only using RISC-V for simple controller cores, their GPU cores are still highly specialized and architecturally don't fit the RISC-V ISA at all.

Quick rundown on RISC-V?

Intel hasn't

Attached: Bonbibonkers.seaterboys.gif (270x270, 2.06M)

>which is also the strongest RISC-V processor in the industry
is this even hard since there's barely any risc-v processors and none of them can even compete with an a75 arm core in performance

opensource hardware

They've been trying to kill amd for 30 years and it hasn't happened yet

Intel contributed to the risc-v project though.

>if it's not even 5ghz is shit like all AMD lineup
I really hope you're joking bro. Thinking frequency is always the most important thing is childish

Yeah I like how the chinks are BTFOing the white man using an architecture designed at UC Berkeley XD

>Amerimutt
>white
you wish

Oy vey!

We still exist fucker, thanks for reminding me that we won't soon

Attached: ancestrycomp.png (2232x1192, 395K)

i fucking knew that you mutt people will post like this dna test garbage to get validation,truly shows how obsessed you are with races,pretty pathetic.

>"Mutt"
>Pure Northwest European
>"DNA tests are stupid. You're obsessed with race"
Yeah okay schlomo

just don't use Intel? There are plenty of open-source in-silicon risc-v cores you can purchase today to build a system with. I run my cores on an FPGA personally.

you were,are and always will be mutt.Keep seething though

Other than that? What's it used for? Strengths/weaknesses compared to x86, ARM, etc?

It's not open-source hardware (though there is open-source hardware available), it's an open-source ISA/specification. The main advantage is that you don't have to dick around with royalties or licensing to use it. The other big advantage is that it is a very compact instruction encoding space that has been designed to be extremely extensible with custom instructions.

>t. euromutt

cope mongrel

>t. asiatic euromutt

Attached: attilamap.jpg (624x326, 37K)

Stay blacked/kiked, amerimutt.

Attached: 1552063444196.jpg (1029x1738, 269K)

says the kike bootlicker la creatura

How much will it cost?

>UC Berkeley
>white

Attached: torture.jpg (950x487, 65K)

> out of order

Lol, no. AMD was kept in life support so they dont get attacked with anti-monopoly laws, they could have ended them easily.
It only makes sweeter the current AMD/intel situation

yeah kind of like how intel released that hyper improved new arch when zen was released you fucking larper

Attached: 1553145085611.jpg (957x718, 59K)

Intel keeping amd alive is well documented, retard.

>16 cores that are slower than the Pentium 4

I think you mean Jow Forums ;)

in your brain

The only reason Intel has 64-bit chips is because AMD allowed them to license AMD64 technology for x86_64 chips.

This. Anybody who thinks AMD survives at the convenience of Intel is fucking deluded.

>you were,are and always will be mutt.Keep seething though
yfw

Attached: Screenshot_20180604-101138.png (1536x2048, 460K)

Intel could have forced everyone to adopt their 64bit instruction set which was better at 64bit instruction than the x86 extension.
But if amd dies Intel would fucking lose contracts.

their meme arch had no backwards compatibility for x86 which is hilarious because intels success is primary due to backwards compatibility

>Intel could have forced everyone to adopt their 64bit instruction set
and who the fuck would have been dumb enough to adopt that? HP?

>and who the fuck would have been dumb enough to adopt that? HP?
Everyone. Computing stagnated for 20 years just to accommodate amd.

Yes, because the whole point was to move towards 64bit, but x86 was still available in emulation for legacy software.

Itanium had terrible performance on release

ia64 had superior 64bit performance, but 32bit was not native, and was emulated.

Everyone else's 64bit was better than the x86 extension at 64bit.

What are chinks gonna do with your data? I'm honestly much more comfortable having chyna spy me rather than amerifarts.

Attached: 1564065205916.jpg (560x700, 70K)

Chrome is open source and still full of telemetry. Most people don't build their own. Better bone up on CPU fabrication!

>I'm not interesting enough to be targeted for espionage

>extended architecture
Hahahahaha wow, it's fucking nothing. RISC-V cheerleaders will gloss over that little detail, though.
Maybe z/Arch, POWER and Itanium, but by the time Opterons were hitting the scene every other 64-bit competitor was slower than shit, or dead.

It's almost as if being the second option doesn't automatically make it better.

This

The next time Intel gets a new C2D they will send AMD the way of Cyrix, Motorola and IBM

The year is 2019. Every modern OS now supports 64-bit. Every useful application is 64-bit. Yet our CPUs are still held back by the need to support x86.
What a horrible fucking world we live in. It's never going to go away either.

32-bit support doesn't impact performance.

It does when you're using the current 64bit extension to 32bit.

Not really, no. The implementation is quite seamless.

>but by the time Opterons were hitting the scene every other 64-bit competitor was slower than shit, or dead.
Yes, because x86-64 was the standard, and x86-64 CPUs had a significant boost in hardware.

There was no x86-64 until then. K8 was the first implementation.

Well it became the standard for 20 years, and it is well ironed out now.

Go away.

Are all RISC-V shills this incoherent?

Monaco uses Huawei 100%.
Now you are telling me that billionaires and millionaires of the global elites have no data worth stealing while you mutts, even those works for Apple and Goldman Sach or shit, are more valuable targets.

Your delusion will your downfall.

Attached: americanlit.png (822x844, 222K)

>Now you are telling me that billionaires and millionaires of the global elites have no data worth stealing while you mutts, even those works for Apple and Goldman Sach or shit, are more valuable targets.
No wonder everything in the world is getting stolen.