Pale moon v28.6.1 is out!

This is security and bugfix update.
Changes/fixes:

Improved handling of FTP resource loading (allow save-as and cater to some FTP-based browsing).
Added a preference (security.block_ftp_subresources) to allow users to completely bypass the blocking of FTP subresources if required for their environment, if the improvements made in this release do not suffice.
Added blocking of authentication-locked cross-origin image subresources by default to prevent spurious auth prompts.
A preference (network.auth.subresource-http-img-XO-auth) was added to allow users to bypass this blocking if required for their environment.
Changed the behavior of file: URIs to treat each URI as a unique origin. This prevents cross-file access from scripting.
A preference (security.fileuri.unique_origin) was added to allow users to relax this restriction if required for their environment.
Implemented a revised version of http2PushedStream to address some thread safety issues.
Aligned browser behavior with mainstream regarding inner window behavior when domain is manipulated.
Backed out a 28.5.* patch for causing multiple issues in the UI and web content.
Updated NSS to 3.41.2 (custom) to pick up several upstream fixes.
Fixed a type confusion issue in JavaScript Arrays. (DiD)
Added a fix for cross-thread access of Necko. (DiD)
Added a port safety check for Alternative Services.
Implemented fixes for applicable security issues: CVE-2019-11719, CVE-2019-11711, CVE-2019-11715, CVE-2019-11717, CVE-2019-11714 (DiD), CVE-2019-11729 (DiD), CVE-2019-11727 (DiD), CVE-2019-11730 (DiD), CVE-2019-11713 (DiD) and several networking and memory-safety hazards that do not have CVE numbers.

Attached: Palemoon.jpg (699x411, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marc.info/?t=152871676500002
drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html
moonchildproductions.info/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/hackers-infect-pale-moon-archive-server-with-a-malware-dropper/
waterfox.net/about/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DiD This means that the fix is "Defense-in-Depth": It is a fix that does not apply to a (potentially) actively exploitable vulnerability in Pale Moon, but prevents future vulnerabilities caused by the same code, e.g. when surrounding code changes, exposing the problem, or when new attack vectors are discovered.

Fuck off you fucking furry and yiff yourself to death.

>Say it to my face if you dare

Attached: MoonchildPalemoon.jpg (429x577, 43K)

Who is the user that's still shilling this browser? Less than 0.01% use it, it has one of the worst history of security flaws in a browser, and the 2 or 3 developers behind it seem totally incompetent to work with others, handle criticism or handle those shameful security flaws.

Attached: 5aab273b79496.jpg (552x805, 101K)

Attached: Pale moon vs Mozilla Firefox.jpg (1280x4168, 520K)

I want to use Palemoon, but the devs are bitches with an ego the size of texas. Seriously, fuck them.

Firefox is also shit, is the most doomed thing make a fork of it and expect to have a secure browser.
Also, if you are used by the 0,01% you get the 0,01% of the reports, plus literally no serious security researchers are seriously using you, so less serious security reports. They don't have any motivation to do it, since they can perfectly earn a living banging on Firefox and Chrome.

marc.info/?t=152871676500002
drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html

Attached: theo.jpg (720x1120, 278K)

Attached: stuart.jpg (712x668, 172K)

Why would someone worried about defense-in-depth even use furry shit like Pale Moon

If you are used by the 0,01%, then also 0,01% of hackers are interested in you in the first place.

They are but I use it because it reminds me of a time when the internet was less terrible

google chrome is better

Ungoogled chromium + Pale Moon master race

>Installing furry malware on your PC

TOP KEK

>Ungoogled chromium + Pale Moon master race
Literally there's no comparison

This just proves that Pale Moon is by FAR less popular than Firefox, keep wasting your worthless time making pointless memes, furry scum.

Attached: (You).jpg (500x284, 92K)

Does this even have tls 1.3 or webp support

>webp
>TLS 1.3

Yes it support both

used to do this, but there's nothing i use that doesn't work in palemoon anymore

for a minute there i was thinking "didn't this come out a while ago?"
not to be confused with 26.6.0.1, which i put off compiling because it doesn't change anything relevant to me

>WebRTC. Apart from opening up a whole can of worms security privacy-wise, "Web Real Time Chat" (comparable with Skype video calls and the likes) is not considered useful or desired functionality for Pale Moon (both according to the developers and the users of the browser at large). This is best left to dedicated programs or at most a browser plug-in.
I disagree with this philosophy. WebRTC is best suited in the browser since the underlying network technologies already exist. WebRTC also is crucial to the current and future functioning of the decentralized, as it allows clients to connects directly to each other.
Pale Moon seems to be increasingly clinging onto the past and not looking beyond their "UXP" platform.

Attached: WebP_TLS 1.3.jpg (1071x564, 139K)

Did he ever fix the fact that tab restore doesn't work the majority of the time?

>the devs are furries
Where does this meme originate, and is there any truth to it? Also looking for evidence of devs being malevolent.

can't speak for the normal behaviour, but session manager is an addon i can't go without, and it right up there with treestyletabs as reasons to use a xul-based browser
never have i lost any notable part of my session since getting this addon, and i've had it for many years, it takes session snapshots periodically, so no matter what, you at least have a recent snapshot to restore
absolutely critical if you keep a ton of tabs open

Attached: 2019-07-26-034803_352x63_scrot.png (352x63, 7K)

>Where does this meme originate, and is there any truth to it?
huh? have you seen the lead devs' profile pictures?

You forgot to mention how WebRTC will lead us into a new world of peace and harmony.

Let's join hands and sing Kumbaya

Attached: WebRTC.jpg (725x492, 132K)

>WebRTC and VPN's
This is not the intended purpose or level of threat (governmental). Do you run Tor through a VPN? Further, your IP address is the hardest point of entropy to spoof or deny access to, only GNUnet has a working implementation.
The local IP address leak is old news, there are multiple solutions for it allow WebRTC to still work. uBlock Origin has one such feature.
By disabling WebRTC completely you are standing out from the crowd to fingerprinters.

moonchildproductions.info/
check the "art" tab

What about the one where the server was breached and replaced with an infected installer that they refused to acknowledge for 2 years despite repeated questions from their own tiny community?
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/hackers-infect-pale-moon-archive-server-with-a-malware-dropper/

Is it better than Firefox and why?

It was between april and june this year, not 2 years, go back and re-read your link before you write nonsense.

Is it still bundled with malware?

it was never bundled with malware, that security breach was about an archive server with very old windows releases which almost nobody uses,
The regular installers was and always has been safe and clean.

It is malware, never mind being bundled with it.

>security through obscurity works I swear
>just because we don't have security researchers looking into our browser doesn't mean 2 devs alone can't outperform hundreds

You're confusing Pale moon with Watefrox, the former has far more than two devs

waterfox.net/about/

>ESR 52 with sandboxing patched out
you glow in the dark

fun fact: it had tls 1.3 support and webp support before firefox had it

>we may have had one of the largest and most easily avoidable security breaches ever, completely outing us as incompetent
>but like, just trust us it wasnt a big deal

>Pale Moon "owner"
>Windows Codebase "Engineer" and Server Administrator (!)
>Literally, the Windows server he use to compile/distribute archived versions is compromised to the point that attackers can replace complete builds with infected ones and go unnoticed for two years, despite many -ignored- reports that Pale Moon was distributing engaged binaries.
FUCKING KEEEEEEKKKK

Attached: died.png (524x526, 498K)