/dpt/ Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums? Previous thread:
loli edition

Attached: 1512181214082.jpg (549x750, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/octave/
scilab.org/
scilab.org/scilab/gallery/xcos
isocpp.org/wiki/faq/mixing-c-and-cpp
gist.github.com/bkaradzic/2e39896bc7d8c34e042b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

make nene proud, /dpt/, get that feature done today.

Attached: nene.png (900x506, 596K)

are you ban evading tranny?

>What are you working on, Jow Forums?
Wrong OP format. I am working on typing lots of things and not compiling. Not entirely sure what I am doing anymore.

Attached: snab.png (1920x1080, 107K)

How do I get faster at programming?
I have a job as a webdev and I'm too slow and always running late.

Should I just give up and do something else? It's seriously bad to constantly get shit for not getting work done on time.

comment out things until it compiles, and then start slowly uncommenting.
And then refactor to avoid this in the future

USE MATLAB

>What are you working on
I'm trying to learn how to program crystals.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-25 13-58-44.png (961x719, 199K)

use libraries

>tfw no FOSS simulink

Fucking freetards

What is scicos?

Cutting off your dick doesnt cure your mental illness

>I'm too slow and always running late
That's what they wan't you to think. If they want it faster they sacrifice quality, no way around it.

just dont

OpenModelica?

What's the most baroque Haskell jargon you're aware of? I remember one being like "zygotic homomorphism" or some shit like that.

Literally all development is late in programming. It's been a problem since 80s, if not 70s.

"The history of the microcomputer software industry is replete with examplesof products that were delivered late but went on to achieve immense popularity. The development of Microsoft Word for Windows 1.0 was originally scheduled to take one year and took five (lansiti 1994). Microsoft Windows 95 was delivered iVa years later than originally announced (Cusumano andSelby 1995) and became one of the fastest-selling products in software history. One financial product that I worked on was delivered 50 percent later than originally scheduled by its company but went on to become the most popular software product in that company's 25-year history. For each of these products, timely release (as originally defined) was not a key factor, even though everyone thought that the development schedule was critically important at the time."

There's some OCR errors, but the source is Rapid Development: Taming Wild Software Schedules, page 116.

Oh fuck nigga. I love EE

What even do you mean, Anone? You don't know? You already learned this on the JavaScript lesson...

Attached: ed3c66a229dce7e8e53bead19e7c82db.jpg (900x1200, 171K)

great edition, great OP

gnu.org/software/octave/
scilab.org/
scilab.org/scilab/gallery/xcos

>How do I get faster at programming?
With experience.

>I'm too slow and always running late.
You should be setting estimates on your work, not someone else. The goal is predictability and risk management.

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

based doll general poster

Attached: IMG_20190724_104114.jpg (1536x2048, 439K)

Are CTCI and CLRS good books to have if I'm trying to get a job, but not at a FAANG?

yes or at least depends on your location
I'm in NYC and most companies here ask CTCI-style questions, they're just not as hard as FAANG. but you do still need to know how to do shit like merge two linked lists or binary trees or whatever

i want to cum on the dolls

How does mixing C and C++ work?
do I call gcc on .c files and then compile with g++ the .o (from gcc) and .cpp/.o (from g++) files?
do I just run g++ on everything and it will figure everything out on itself?

cute doll
good post

disgusting dolls
bad post

Attached: 1537680714519.png (671x603, 168K)

Compile the c files with gcc and c++ files with g++.
Link with g++.

>disgusting
RUDE

Attached: IMG_20190724_095406.jpg (1536x2048, 148K)

I'm in rural America, and I'm thinking of eventually moving to a decent sized city (not NYC sized) for an entry-level software development job.

this desu

>loli edition
Finally something for me.
Endometrium damage system for my loli rape/breeding simulator.
I managed to get enough quality-ish data on uterus growth in children aged 6-10 (god bless China and Brazil) so that's finally done.
Upon pestering from anons on cripplechan and some other chans, i've decided i'll make a graphical frontend/client when the simulator is complete enough, so taking suggestion on 2(.5?)/3d/ascii, sound and art style. I'll have around 50k€ to pour into the assets and refuse to do any art, so take that limitation in mind.

>I'm in rural America
gross

if you're not looking to move to the west/east coasts you dont need to worry about CTCI that much. just get a job in some random midwestern/southern city where the cost of living is low and have fun

will calling c++ from c post a porblem?

No, just make sure you understand language linkage and don't use features like exceptions across language boundaries.

you have to extern "C" the stuff in c++ that you want to call from C.

Attached: 1564014756753.jpg (452x475, 78K)

any good resources you recommend to understand linkage?

oh that makes sense

kys disgusting pedo scum

a little late but here it is
#include
#include

struct node
{
int data;
node *next;
};

int get_linked_list_length(node *root)
{
int length;
node *current = root;
for (length = 1; current->next!=0; length++)
{
if (current->next != nullptr) current = current->next;
}
return length;
}

int linked_list_to_int(node* root)
{
int sum = 0;
node *current = root;
for (int x = 0; x != get_linked_list_length(root); x++)
{
sum+= current->data * pow(10, x);
current = current->next;
}
return sum;
}

node* int_to_linked_list(int n)
{
node *root, *current;
root = current;
int digits = ceil(log10(n + __DBL_EPSILON__));
std::cout next;

}
current->next = nullptr;
return root;
}

node* add(node *a, node *b)
{
return int_to_linked_list(linked_list_to_int(a) + linked_list_to_int(b));
}

Given a set of candidate numbers (candidates) (without duplicates) and a target number (target), find all unique combinations in candidates where the candidate numbers sums to target.

The same repeated number may be chosen from candidates unlimited number of times.

All numbers (including target) will be positive integers.
The solution set must not contain duplicate combinations.

Example 1:
Input: candidates = [2,3,6,7], target = 7,
A solution set is:
[
[7],
[2,2,3]
]

Example 2:
Input: candidates = [2,3,5], target = 8,
A solution set is:
[
[2,2,2,2],
[2,3,3],
[3,5]
]

>c++
>writes like C
what's the pont

isocpp.org/wiki/faq/mixing-c-and-cpp

maybe I'm just retarded, but don't know other day to do it. I'm learning c++

Don't worry babe, it's all just 1's and 0's. No loli was harmed during development of my simulator ;)
Not to mention, the development is slow as fuck because i really need to finish my PhD. Wish i started this in undergrad.

what is your PhD in?

I am planning on programming a personal assistant for my room using a Pi
I am still planning though. Starting with 3D modeling the assistant.
I probably want to input the data for Todos and dates on my regular PC and just have a basic touch interface on the assistant itself
Would you use straight OpenGL? Using Imgui you could probably whip something up real fast

Quick maffs. Dissertation was supposed to be on locally very flat modules, but nobody gives a fuck so i've slowly shifted to derived algeo (which even less people give a fuck about).

gist.github.com/bkaradzic/2e39896bc7d8c34e042b
>Orthodox C++
there are some crazy people, that's why you stay away from sepples

>programming a personal assistant
>Starting with 3D modeling the assistant

Uh huh.

everyone who posts in this thread is an absolutely degenerative pedo scum and should neck himself

y-yukariposter?

>Starting with 3D modeling the assistant.
Is this metaphore of Jow Forums's obsession with logos?
yukariposter is in mathematical physics afaik
haven't been on cuckchan's /sci/ for a long while

Xie is TQFT though.

How difficult of a job market do you think Virginia (as a state) is for this?

candidates' [] t acc
| t == 0 = acc
| otherwise = []
candidates' x t acc
| t == 0 = acc
| t < 0 = []
candidates' (x:xs) t acc = candidates' xs t acc ++ candidates' (x:xs) (t-x) (map (x:) acc)

candidates xs t = candidates' xs t [[]]

simple but slow solution

Or NC?

>be me
>live in Virginia
>met girl in Alabama
>move in with her
>see you later virgins

EVERYBODY IN THIS THREAD IS A FUCKING PEDO AND SHOULD BE DEAD

It will be a pretty simple design, maybe even voxel-based. I just like animating stuff
What's the point of having an assistant if it isn't cute?
Functionality will also be pretty simple: Todos, (birth)dates, mpd, weather, alarm

what's the point of not using exceptions
they're faster than manual error checking if i recall

pedo and wannabe dead website

Feel free to fall from a rooftop, retard.

Exceptions today violate the zero overhead principle. Just wait until Herb's proposal goes thru and turn off exceptions in the meantime.

from itertools import combinations_with_replacement as cwr
from math import ceil

def combos(candidates, goal):
return [c for n in range(ceil(goal / min(candidates))) for c in cwr(candidates, n + 1) if sum(c) is goal]

Why did you delete your post and make an identical one?

I miss yukariposter
he would make fun of me on /sci/ and it would turn me on so I'd jack off to his posts

Attached: 1548672444364.png (583x482, 119K)

c++
salute bjarne stroustrup

fuck rust, python, and javascript
functional programming is for cuckolds
lisp is for queers

include iostream

Xie still posts there occasionally, usually in /mg/. Not much other reason to visit /sci/ unfortunately.

are you the guy who has that thread on /agdg/

Have one of his originals. A pure soul, among all the racebait IQ threads and climate hysteria threads. No reason to even lurk there these days.
But it's good he keeps his presence on other chans where his touhou autism shines bright.

Attached: tohoutopology.png (1114x1600, 1.74M)

Currently sitting on a train through a rural landscape and barely get edge
One of the errors must have still posted

based and cpilled

meh, if they're implemented with a function pointer pushed on stack that is jumped to when an exception occurs, they're still probably faster than branching everywhere

>pip doesn't have a command to upgrade all packages

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Name a few algorithms I should master

Im 99% sure upgrading all packages would cause some dependency errors most of the time and creators of pip knew it, that's why you can't do this

fast fourier transform

my anus

then how does arch and other rolling release distros exist

What chans does he frequent now, or even any good /sci/ boards as a matter of fact. Jow Forums's /sci/ has seriously hit the dumps in recent years.

autists are willing to waste their time resolving errors
they feel superior to other people that way

kys pedos

anime website

> Exceptions today violate the zero overhead principle.
Not in any practical sense. The only overhead of exceptions is that the possibility of exiting a stack frame on an exception can preclude certain optimisations which would be possible if premature exits couldn't occur. But manually checking for errors and returning also precludes such optimisations and typically has additional overhead.

They only have overhead relative to simply not checking for errors at all and letting the program continue to execute with invalid data (often resulting in a segfault).

The only real problem with exceptions is that they tend to confuse semi-skilled codemonkeys who blindly assume that execution always proceeds from one statement to the next unless there's an explicit return/break/continue/goto right there in the code.

Much of the hate is a holdover from people who grew up with ancient compilers (e.g. gcc

Quicksort, mergesort, binary search, binary search tree traversals, etc.

If you mean the 2d thing then no. Mine is a simulator, no graphics or anything and i don't post very often since progress is slow and most of my "dev" time gets sunk into gathering (clinical) data that would get me a van visit if i lived in a 3rd world country.
Currently, i don't even have a satisfactory penetration system, just very detailed physical and psychological trauma + tissue damage. The male part will come later, i'm testing all my systems during "penetration" with very simple insertable objects like a cylinder, ball and cone.
I mostly see him on cripplechan these days, usually in touhou threads at various weeb boards.
Also if you're one of the "people" that thinks he's Rapcak, you're wrong because Míra's touhou autism isn't anywhere near yukariposter's.

you should know how to build a general-purpose AVL tree (or other type of tree, but AVL is simple)

fucking paedophiles, kill yourselves

how can you be a programmer without being pedophile?

They're invariably implemented with range tables. When an exception occurs, the code looks up the current value of the program counter in the table to see if there's a handler. If not, it unwinds the stack one level and looks up the new (parent) program counter, and so on until either a handler is found or it unwinds out of main().

So try{} blocks have no run-time overhead; it's only throwing exceptions (and allowing for the possibility of exceptions being thrown) which has a penalty. That isn't any worse than functions returning an error code, and usually better because you don't have check every return value to see whether it's an actual value or an error indicator (e.g. -1 or NULL). So long as exceptions are, well, the exception and not the norm, they're less expensive than C-style error handling.

Passing in function pointers isn't an option because you have to unwind the stack (invoking the destructors for automatic variables at each level) between the throw and the catch.

The development of the whomb in Lil's ages 6 - 13.

What's the best language for writing desktop environment applications?

SWEET HOOOOOME ALABAMA

python + pyqt

Exceptions live in the heap. (no value semantics)
Exceptions require additional code to be injected at callsites. (assembly bloat)
Exceptions have additional invisible control flow.
Exceptions are more likely than not to require RTTI. (more zero overhead vilations and code bloat)

cringe
c# + wpf/ kotlin + javafx
Or just c++ with glade or qtdesigner