Small numbers (1-3) of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens...

store.pine64.org/?product=14-pinebook-pro-linux-laptop

> Small numbers (1-3) of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect.
>just take your fucking dead pixels and deal with it bro

>AVAILABLE NOW! (to buy for $200 and get told to register to the forums to get in line for a chance to get it)

>Warranty: 30 days

> When fulfilling the purchase, please bear in mind that we are offering the Pinebook Pro at this price as a community service to PINE64, Linux and BSD communities. We make no profit from selling these units. If you think that a minor dissatisfaction, such as a dead pixel, will prompt you to file a PayPal dispute then please do not purchase the Pinebook Pro. Thank you.

the absolute state of "community service to Linux"

Attached: chrome_2019-07-25_15-38-20.png (1208x891, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gigabyte.com/ARM-Server/R281-T91-rev-100#ov
store.avantek.co.uk/avantek-64-core-cavium-thunderx2-arm-server-r281-t94.html
system76.com/servers/starling
acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/dead-pixel.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>community service
a real community service would be to release an actually decent product and not $200 dead pixels

It's a fucking 200 dollar laptop who the fuuuuuck cares about < 3 dead pixiels. It's legit just a dev machine for ARM, not like anyone is going to use it for any real work...

show me an ARM device for "real work" that isn't a fucking phone devboard or rPi

Attached: Jetson-Nano_3QTR-Front_Left_small[1].png (411x332, 139K)

fucking this

I would pay extra for a hand picked one that works with no dead pixels
Singing up on the forum to wait in a virtual line for the privilege to buy one is silly

also a flat $200 has a mark up, it's not at cost
round numbers are an invention of man

Attached: [email protected] (1474x830, 330K)

gigabyte.com/ARM-Server/R281-T91-rev-100#ov

Attached: 2018081018024130_src.png (1000x1000, 146K)

i actually tried to buy one of these the other day.
They simply refused to sell it to me because I was just a rich consumer and they only wanted to sell to enterprise establishments apparently.
No wonder people are building rPi "farms".

Attached: .png (645x626, 84K)

whats your point?

From all 3 (-1 I guess for gigabyte) vendors listed on their site?

I mean these guys have it for sale store.avantek.co.uk/avantek-64-core-cavium-thunderx2-arm-server-r281-t94.html
inb4 britbongs

why do brainlets post without even reading the posts they are quoting?

Try this
system76.com/servers/starling

>just take your fucking dead pixels and deal with it bro
Literally every screen has specific dead pixel count set before it's treated as a defect.

This laptop looks like something that will die when opening any website with some JavaScript on it

just like all the other ARM devices

I have the original Pinebook, it wasn't even worth the 100 dollars. I even got it for free from someone who didn't want it, and it's barely even worth 0.
Only the shittiest GNU/Linux distros support it, and even then, they don't support it well. None of the BSDs support it. It's garbage.

arch linux arm

>Literally every screen has specific dead pixel count set before it's treated as a defect.

That number is one...a dead pixel is a defective screen.

>minor dissatisfaction, such as a dead pixel

Ah okay, or I could buy literally anything else and not get dead pixels. I was actually excited for this device but statement makes me think they were just straight up lying about its build quality and capabilities.

No, it isn't. Every company has a different policy on it. Here's Acer's policy, for example; acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/dead-pixel.
You buy your $750 WQHD Acer monitor, and you can get up to 4 dead pixels without it being treated as defective. It is usually better to go directly to the retailer (who often treat any dead pixels as a fault) than a manufacturer.

>dead pixels
Jesus fuck, they're retarded. They're probably using some 10 year old parts for this thing. I don't have any dead pixels on my TV or my 10 year old monitor. They should just package this shit so it doesn't break on transport instead of making up shit like "don't bully us on PayPal, it's normal to get a broken device. No income tax, no VAT, no money back, no guarantee."

Companies being Jews doesn't mean that a dead pixel is not a defect

It does mean that Pine64's policy of
>Small numbers (1-3) of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect.
Is not out of the ordinary whatsoever. If you're going to make a thread to bitch about that (for a $200 laptop, no less) then you may as make a thread to bitch about the international standard as a whole.

>IPS full HD @$200
Cool
>128GB eMMC @$200
Cool
>Magnesium alloy body @$200
Cool
>ARM processor
It's trash. Chinese amd64 when?

They are working on risc-v

I really like the concept, but I can't get myself to buy this over a x230 or similar.
Although if they had made the board so you can insert their sopine cards (thus being able to keep it updated) I would have bought it

>complains about an honest ahead-of-time warning for a product they have no interest in buying anyway
The absolute state of NEETs.

>$200
I might bite. Am still waiting for the pine phone though.

Just make sure more pixels die and return it