Don't expect miracles on AMD 5700 XT partner cards. Just lower thermals and noise levels

Don't expect miracles on AMD 5700 XT partner cards. Just lower thermals and noise levels.

Attached: 1564100131251.png (1272x713, 429K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWxrEIj4o6s
youtube.com/watch?v=ig5nmTZgMRU
github.com/nihui/waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan
neowin.net/news/forza-horizon-4-now-has-over-seven-million-players-across-xbox-one-and-windows-10/
github.com/k4yt3x/video2x
techspot.com/review/1883-overclocking-radeon-rx-5700/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So exactly what it needed to btfo Nvidya on its price range?

In dirt 4, but y

>it's yet Another Massive Disappointment
Why am I not even surprised anymore?

the size of your screenshot is fucking eyecancer and you should feel bad.
lower thermals and noise levels sounds freaking great thanks. Wait why am I replying just delete your crap thread

>SOTTR
Who?

Or BFV, you know just a game that holds tournaments.

Attached: BFV.png (1363x1213, 53K)

>just a game that holds tournaments
You mean like every garbage AAA game nowadays?
Holding tournaments stopped being a sign of quality a decade ago

so basically, games don't matter until Nvidia wins the Benchmark?

I don't give a shit about Nvidia, I switched to a Pooga 56.
Games do matters, but pretending a game has any high ground because it holds tournaments is misleading.

Games matter to me as much as waifu2x benchmarks matter to you.

1080 Ti has no competition but itself.

AMD GPUs can't even run the main implementation of Waifu2x though

It's getting brutally curb stomped in forza horizon 4 though.

Attached: FH4.png (1363x1213, 53K)

Not my problem.

>Forza Horizon 4
Am I that out of the loop or is it another unknown meme benchmark game like Ashes of the singularity?

Is it antisemetic to play far cry games now? Because if so I'm ordering a 5700XT right now.

Attached: ZomboDroid 25072019203737.jpg (1363x2985, 490K)

It's an /o/ game, much like Gran Turismo

>It's an /o/ game
Damn, the last racing game I played was Need for speed hot pursuit. I AM out of the loop

I can't even find it on steam charts.

It's an MS game and has not been cracked either.

>AMD wins in games nobody plays
Eh

Probably the most popular racing game released in the last 12 months.

How many players on the PC port?

youtube.com/watch?v=rWxrEIj4o6s

Racing games are popular on PC now?
Thought most of the audience was on console

youtube.com/watch?v=ig5nmTZgMRU

I feel like 5700 is in a way better spot than the XT. Really interested to see how it performs with custom cooling. Could be a solid price/perf and also especially perf/W part.

>Trusting anything this fucking retard shits out post zen 2 launch

Attached: CzqK4r1UkAAEbOp.jpg (1200x675, 130K)

>posting gaymans nextass instead of ignoredtv
*ignoredtv coined by different user

Actually forget that, it was Need for speed: Hot pursuit 2 (2002)
Now that was a fun racing game

Holy fuck was he actually controlling the car or was this a hack?

Don't get me wrong, adored is a fucking shill, but this nigger has gone full intel/nvidia post zen launch

>went against AMD
Yes I remember the death threats.

And you'll see the big shooOOOooooOOOooooow

AMDfags are all-over the place, and are a fickle bunch.
Remember when GN interviewed Intel's benchmarkers of choice? I don't recall intelfags doing death threats then.

I meant in general, its on the xbox and windows store and I believe they play together.
Its a multiplayer focused game, for what its worth.

Serious question here: why isn't AMD vs Nvidia performance consistent throughout all games or close to it? Why do we have things like pic related throwing comparisons all over the place?

I fucking get it btw, pic related is cherry picked just like DIRT 4/FH 4 but I'm not here to tout.

Attached: 025add26-1b91-4a1f-bc54-8e0f2443e24f.png (757x605, 37K)

github.com/nihui/waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan
my rx 580 4gb can batch process 8 1080p images in ~30 seconds. thats ~3.5 per second. It also uses the highest quality upscaling model (I made some serious autistic comparisons, zoom in by over 800% observing)

>12 months
try 12 years. no racing game can even compete with it. they all stalled years ago. meanwhile, forza kept improving

So what's the issue here? Anyone expecting a miracle was retarded. Only reason I'm waiting is because the blower design is shit.

5700xt still has great price:performance and seems like a solid all-around card without having to push into the full-retard price tiering of stuff beyond it like the 2080

>1080p
And an Rx 580- Vega Fe still does worse than a gtx 1050ti.

Holy fuck when is this going to be viable for chink toon upscaling? I have a bunch of original animation DVDs of Chobits I've been wanting to archive but keep giving up after realizing how abysmal the 480p mpeg 2 quality looks like.

Why do AMD people always pull out obscure games

Just typical anti-amd bait.

I'll bite, how is over 7 MILLION players "obscure"?

neowin.net/news/forza-horizon-4-now-has-over-seven-million-players-across-xbox-one-and-windows-10/

Attached: Untitled.png (793x602, 645K)

A few years ago.
>video2x

>across XBOX One and PC

see, thats the thing. I need someone to run a powershell time-measure command with this.

already more than viable for 480p with compute monsters like radeon 7 or rtx 2070 or higher

I'm confused, this benchmark is really good for its price. What's the issue here?

>racing games are obscure because I don't like them
Retard.

already possible. just extract frames as image sequence with vdub, upscale in batch, put back into vdub and pipe to ffmpeg for your final encode

It's okay to use with gtx 1060 6gb with cuda enabled, but gtx 1070, and better have more than double the cuda cores, so you can really notice the performance jump.

This is capable of attaining the best quality when configured properly (not default).
github.com/k4yt3x/video2x

That still doesn't make it an "obscure game". At worst there's only a couple million PC players.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 13K)

>At worst there's only a couple million PC players.
Sauce, or you hope that there's that many pc players, so you're guess must be true.

>This is capable of attaining the best quality
>dosen't use Tencents neural network
I don't thing so

is it worth upgrading from an rx580?

not yet
also depends on what cpu you're pairing it with

Okay. Have fun using tencents neural network then.

>custom cools the chip
>doesnt bother putting heatsinks on the untouched components even though they get pretty hot under load

what did he mean by this?

AMD cards are overbuilt so all you need is to point a fan at the vrms for optimal performance.
OTOH memory is temperature sensitive and high temps can cause instability

>Death threats
He's obviously spooked.

techspot.com/review/1883-overclocking-radeon-rx-5700/

Here's an open loop waterblock on a 5700XT, they overclocked it to 2.1Ghz with a 250w power draw. And got shitty results in a lot of non-AMD leaning games. It's almost as fast as a non-overclocked RTX 2080S though.

So did they fix the drivers yet

No

if its so shit why did Igor lie to us and show us all those mad gains?

it seems to be a memory issue.

inb4 partner cards for 5700XT have better memory die

Its another game that doesn't have Gameworks baked into the engine.

So they reached 1080ti level performance and power usage.

when a nice Sapphire Nitro + tier 5700XT costs $250, I'll get one. So probably sometime in 2021. For now my broke ass is stuck with a Nitro + RX 570 :(

Now remember you can add about 30% higher frame rates to the 5700XT on DX12 and Vulcan games and probably DX11 in a few months when you actually use Radeon Image Sharpening and upscaling. RIS has made native resolution benchmarks irrelevant.

Not really. It has 2560 SPs versus the 1080ti's 3584 cuda

What tournaments does BF5 hold? DICE breaks the game further every time they release a patch for it, and now they left it in a half broken state while they all went off on holidays.

My personal uneducated guess is that it's just down to optimization being geared more towards one brand or another by the devs. In reality both Nvidia and AMD cards are probably much more capable than they are being used for right now, but devs for various reasons don't have the time to work on thoroughly optimizing everything for maximum FPS.

why is his numbers so off from guru3d?
is he using different CPUs for different cards?

At 2/3s the size I guess.

>the only games that matter is the one that nvidia wins and nobody plays anymore
>the rest dont matter despite the fact that they are still relevant

got it

Sine I'm on a Vega64, I have no reason to upgrade just now, but I am really intrigued by the fact that the die size on Navi is half that what AMD usually does. So I'm holding out for a 5800 or 5900, as long as they finally learn to not drastically overvolt their cards (with a stable undervolt, my Vega only uses 200W avg instead of 300W with stock voltages)

>Now remember you can add about 30% higher frame rates to the 5700XT on DX12 and Vulcan games and probably DX11 in a few months when you actually use Radeon Image Sharpening and upscaling. RIS has made native resolution benchmarks irrelevant.
Yeah not really. In fast paced shooters like CSGO or R6S, accurate pixels are actually really important, so any kind of blurring is out of the question on those kind of games (because of pixel peeking). Since those games also directly gain from higher frame rates, native resolution will still be important.
RIS is a great development though, especially since it seems to be both visually better than DLSS, as well as less performance intensive. I just hope once the dust settles that they unlock it for Vega cards. It should play well with HBM

>the only games that matter are the grand total of 4 games where AMD has an advantage
>the rest, being all of them, don't matter

got it

the memory bandwidth bottleneck is pretty real

>Or BFV, you know just a game that holds tournaments.
yeah thats BS. BFV is heavily optimized like all games should be

Nvidia pays the devs for better optimization. Been doing der forever

just noticed that adore faggot took down his last (unpopular) video

So if sub $400 cards can handle 1440p just fine why do people still have 1080p monitors ?

Because good 1440p monitors are expensive as fuck

who cares about performance

Attached: 15634624345.png (1730x914, 1.12M)

Everyone get death threats on the internet. Saying you got one just shows you're shilling. Nobody actually gets killed. If you disagree I'll find you and murder you niggers.

oh man this will be so fucking cringe when the first consoles ports arrive using the amd way of ray tracing

shills will just make this place as toxic as a geforce 590

God dammit I wish that was real

So people can laugh at you when they see you with that box ?

>buying stuff in physical stores
lmaoing@you

it is cross play, meaning you can play with the X1 players. And the community is quite active.

>want to have anything anime related
lmaoing@you animetard

Where the fuck do you think you are, redditor?

doesn't fucking matter, you still can play with the xbox owners.

Anime poster larpers have only seen increase with the influx of redditors. It's 'do I fit in' circle jerk at this point.

AMD GPUs not scaling well in performance and power? That's a surprise.

STEVE "THE 242% POWER MOD" KEK
when it comes to overclocking, steve is a total retard