S-should I buy it

S-should I buy it

Attached: A9A7EBAF-AB9C-43E4-88DC-350A12368366.jpg (828x1382, 197K)

No you should buy each product (separately) and built yourself, I'll be more cost effective for you.

>Also TR 2950x instead of the upcoming R9 3950x.
You should wait and get the sixteen core R9.

...no? are you out of your mind?

a 2TB mechanical drive? On a 7700$ computer??! (w/o monitor I assume)

>$7700 for outdated tech
yeah just buy it retard. that you're even considering buying wildly overpriced machine instead of building one for way less shows you deserve to get shafted.

>You should wait
I partially agree with this but it depends on the use-case. As for R9 3950X, that's not an alternative to a Threadripper - again, I don't know OPs use-case. That's a dual 2080TI GPU system. Those are PCIe3 GPUs so AM4 will give them a performance penalty. But again; I don't know OPs use-case. I do know that hardware's got something like a $1500-2000 price-premium compared to the price of the parts.

>I'll be more cost effective for you.

Attached: 1241580475762.png (191x234, 7K)

>$8 000
>Poozen

unreal...

Dual GPU is no go. 2950X is awful for anything but Cinebench/rendering.

a 2TB mechanical drive's fine when it's an addition to a 2 TB M.2 PCIe NVMe. Why the fuck are you cherry picking that to complain about? My own desktop's got 2x500 GB SSDs in RAID1 and 4x4TB HDDs in RAID5. What'ya gonna do, say buhu those 4TB HDDs aren't SSDs? well I got breaking news for you, there's zero reason why they would be. It doesn't matter.

>Alienware
>Threadriper
>Dual GPU
>Buying a prebuilt
>$7700
Unironically so much wrong with this

>those are PCIE 3 GPUs so AM4 will give them a performance penalty
wot
AM4 supports PCIE 3.0

Attached: Capture.png (1721x1212, 131K)

What the fuck

No, mechanical drives are not okay in 2019. Nvme is the only thing that should be used ever. If you're upgrading an old system you should be putting nvme in your pci-e slots, you can fit like 5 nvme drives in a new PC. There's no reason to even have the SATA controller enabled.

just look into AM4's limitations retard. that way you don't have to write utterly retarded posts showing you're mentally challenged.

Of course AM4 supports PCIe 3. If you have one card in the first x16 slot you get x16 PCIe 3 speeds. If you fill both the first and the second x16 slot you get x8 speeds on both. And the third x16 slot on AM4 is only PCIe2 x4.

The 2080Ti is one of the very few graphics cards that will saturate PCIe x8. And this really is an exception, the vast majority of GPUs won't. Anyway.. it does mean that a dual 2080Ti setup on AM4 will get bottlenecked by the PCIe bandwidth. No amount of retarded fag-talk about AM4 having PCIe3 support in general will change that.

Why exactly would I card about anything but price per GB for a drive that's just storing large music and video files? There's no point. That machine's already got a 2 TB nvme for everything that needs fast disk access. There's zero reason to waste money just because. As for filling PCIe slots on an old machine with nvme's: that's just retarded.

hdd's are perfectly fine for storage where read speeds are not importand and they have a much better gb/$ ratio.

Attached: 1562372987718.png (1211x1180, 894K)

Why does it look like a urinal?

>S-should I buy it
Somebody should.
It's good for a laugh once in a while.

You're missing the point. This is a $7699 Alienware. There's no reason it can't have 10tb of nvme storage since in TLC that will only cost about $1100.

Why is filling pci-e on an old system stupid? Even at pci-e 2.0 it's still 3x faster than sata and there's plenty of lanes.

12 core zen 2 is literally faster than 16 core threadripper.

>calls me a retard
>tries to defend his original autism
stupid tranny

>$7700
what the fuck?

Attached: harold.jpg (640x640, 53K)

No, just build it yourself for $4,000 and enjoy better cooling

Attached: c94ea9_6932917.jpg (1210x908, 157K)

>$7700
>Windows Home
literally why

to scam retards like OP

>$7,699.99

Unless you already have a house, car, furniture, a nice phone and no debt...

Who the fuck am I kidding, that price is just fucking retarded...

Dont buy it if you are not a dumb ass user.

Attached: Visible disgust birb.png (500x525, 118K)

>imagine paying for windows 10

Attached: 578.gif (640x360, 1.17M)

i kinda like that it looks like an alien egg

> 7700 dollaridoos
> HDD storage
> Windows HOME HOME HOME edition
> gayest case ever
at least there's room on the boot ssd for the forced updates
look, at this price it's a bargain. you should take 4.

>threadripper for gaming
Zoomers buying Alienware truly are braindead

its actually the best ryzen chip for gaming due to binning

Assuming they'd jump between the different modes.
And the best gaming Ryzen chips are Zen2 (still worse than Intel though)

this is your brain on reddit

>still worse than Intel though
>t. pathetic non-paid Intel shill

sure they are now, but zen2 threadripper will be better again.
>muh intel
the difference is pretty much non existent in any realistic setup (not 1080p low + 2080ti)

Was that normalfag area-51 meme actually just a marketing tool for this shit?

Attached: 1564124911600.png (500x374, 256K)

You'd have to be mentally retarded to even consider it.

Buy it fagget

> Threadripper
> gaming
wew....

A tr in a gaming pc, wtf do these marketingboys think