Which tech field should I specialize into if I want to be respected like a doctor instead of "the IT guy"?

Which tech field should I specialize into if I want to be respected like a doctor instead of "the IT guy"?

Attached: e2ab7ad36da8af7216fc02301bbd9fd7.jpg (1786x2560, 391K)

sales

But I want to people to think "wow that guy is really smart" instead of "this guy is good at persuading retards".

I think that's a lost case for you

Anime poster
Lolicon

if you want respect you need money

nobody gives a shit if you're smart

NEET

Attached: 1551046336388.jpg (249x249, 41K)

Research. Get a PhD and people will start calling you doctor.

PC doctor

Data scientists are required by most tech companies, earn more than most coders and are respected.

As a repairman for phones, tablets and notebooks. As long as it isn't in a Walmart or something like that you're good.

>wow that guy is really smart
It's a pita really. I hide my wit

But you can be a dipshit with them like Dr House and get away with it

Most people are unintelligent, so you should not desire their respect. People with IQs below the 110-120 range are basically chimpanzees with the ability to speak. To truly understand this, spend a couple of years in a working class job. Look at their problems and struggles. They might as well be a different species altogether.

An actor is obviously much more respected in society than both.

Bioinformatics

Attached: 1550170965436.jpg (790x593, 53K)

AI

Attached: dorothy.gif (340x223, 1.99M)

he said he wanted respect, not a six-year postdoc job

Scientific computing

he said he wanted respect, not a six-year postdoc job

Attached: 1564094168045.jpg (864x756, 208K)

correct

probably radiology
as in become a doctor if you want to be treated like one

You can't disingenuously fake smarts like you can money or charm, faggot. Stop trying to convince people you're something you aren't.

Except I am, I just want a field where I'm going to be recognized, and not just an IT guy basedboy

a PhD in math or physics.

If you're smart you can figure this out by yourself. Or, you know, do the reasonable thing and stop worrying about how other people see you.
Threads like one this are not made by smart people.

Serious high level data recovery, unironic answer, you'll be cleaner than a surgeon

doctor

>any job i want
>300k starting

Become a data scientist

Management, so you boss around scrawny IT nerds and programmers and take credit for all their work

Attached: 1533099412187.jpg (750x906, 487K)

>you'll be cleaner than a surgeon
give more details about this, i am curious.

Nephrology and diagnostic medicine.

There is literally no chance for you to be respected like a doctor. What they have to go through during medschool is something pretty much no one besides investment bankers go through, and even then the bankers have it better since they're paid a lot more.

Reading platters one at a time is no dirty work

Except everyone knows middle managers and low-level execs are the ultimate NPCs.

>comparing bankers to MDs
Nigger, they stare at algorithms auto-trading for 5 years 18/7/365. Bankers are soulless shells of men.

You don't know what a banker is.
Trading is a separate division, and if you work at a large investment bank they don't actually do too much HFT or algorithmic trading. Most of what they do is execute trades on behalf of clients and earn a spread on the bid/ask prices they quote.

Bankers are the ones that help companies go through mergers and acquisitions, and issue more debt or equity. Much of the analysis can be done automatically with a computer, but it's still a field that requires talented people as much of the work must be done manually.

Data scientist / data engineer

House was one in a billion.

rock star junior programmer

Become an astronaut and go to mars and beyond.

Medicine.

don't they still get paid quite well for NPCing around all day and asking stupid shit like "when will this be done"

Quantum physics/electronics/control theory

bioinformatics?

>Become an astronaut and go to a movie set.
ftfy