>32GB RAM
>Radeon Pro WX 7100
>500GB NVMeMe SSD

Meanwhile, Applel Cheese Grater Pro costs me just $5,999.99 and gets me:
>8-core Xeon CPU
>32GB RAM
>Radeon Pro 580X
>256GB SSD

Why should I pass on the Mac Pro other than to please Jow Forums stupid anime shitposters?

Attached: index.jpg (1220x1730, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/en-us/work/shop/pdr/precision-7920-workstation/xctopt7920us_4?selectionState=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&cartItemId=
mangadex.org/chapter/50302/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well YOU shouldn't buy it.

> comparing turboautism to homosexuality

Loool they put a sata ssd in that thing?
I cant even

You're a dumbass spending this much on a PC (if your income is below 200k)

It's not necessary and you can't justify it

I'd just buy the 2 18 core chips and the dual socket board for like 6 grand and source the other parts elsewhere.

What case is the Talos using?

Most likely a Supermicro.

Timestamp your paycheck before I could answer any question.

powerAutism > toddlerbotnet

because there's no fucking need to buy a talos workstation you actual fucking nigger

for the price of the mac pro you can build something better yourself

>Shilling an effectively dead architecture
Not this shit again

dell.com/en-us/work/shop/pdr/precision-7920-workstation/xctopt7920us_4?selectionState=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&cartItemId=

Starting price: $3000.
Upgradability: 3TB RAM / 50TB storage / 4x Quadro GPUs
How can macshit even compete?

Attached: 1552192997921.png (767x767, 837K)

satania is actually a boy

>effectively dead architecture
>supported by almost all Linux distros

This just improves her (male).

based user

talos is 4 threads per core btw

+1

>DELL
don't do this to yourself
everything they sell is shit
the absolute peak was when we had to return docking station of a certain model because ALL of them were defective

>buying a pre-built computer
>ever
>buying macshit
>ever
also if you have to use credit/loans to buy something like this, you shouldn't be buying things like this
these computers are for stupid people and businesses who cant be arsed to assemble their own shit

>haha i dont like either side im so cool xD

Attached: 1563976986692.gif (480x286, 1.71M)

>there are only 2 options for workstations

Attached: thonking_flip.png (1024x834, 44K)

These are the highest profile ones.

>Mac you say, let's open it up and see.

Attached: louis.jpg (1271x760, 63K)

who's this handsome fella?

Louis "I use a Thinkpad" Rossman

>on Jow Forums
>considering purchasing a machine with non-free software and components
Jow Forums is dead. install gentoo

Apple is giving you the mac pro for free, provided you're in the small professional niche they're targeting. (Same for the stand.)
It doesn't matter how low you can spec a workstation because it'll never be lower than $0.

They're trying to dethrone Sony in the HDR broadcast monitor field. Examples cost $30-40k. They charge so much because they're full of bespoke hardware and meant to be ultra portable etc. Also just because they can.

90%+ of the time, people using these monitors don't use their full capabilities. The effects guy tweaking the HDR mapping on an explosion does not need his ref monitor to be portable or have the ability to connect to a cinema camera and scrub through raw footage.
So Apple made a modular solution to compete, with the XDR display as the centerpiece. Even if the mac pro is only used to handle 3D LUT and shit, it's still massively cheaper than a BVM. You get editing ability and compute as a bonus. The mac pro is more of an accessory.

The aggressive pricing is there to encourage signing a volume license with Apple and scare away know-nothings, like you guys.
If you don't need an HDR critical reference monitor... don't buy one. If you do anyway, you get to pay through the nose for being a poser.

Attached: 1532342892973.gif (500x500, 1.49M)

joke's on you

Attached: gentoo-mac.jpg (600x441, 145K)

>These are the highest profile ones.

Attached: 1493641912737.gif (347x244, 3.72M)

i use Thinkpad x61
>50$ on ebay
>flashed libreboot by 5$ ch341a
>openbsd free

healso uses gentoo

Name a better worktation that isn't a Dell/HP shitbox or an Applel product or a meme like Talos2.

>$65 price difference
Itsfuckingnothing.jpg

Highest profile workstations are Dell, HP, and Lenovo.

> Power9 CPU architecture
> always last in all benchmarks
don't fall for the (((IBM))) meme

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-07-26 20-46-41.png (3840x2160, 196K)

unironically this

>Unoptimized benchmarks

absolutely underrated

Attached: 1541635144254.png (119x159, 32K)

Based.

>IBM Power CPU
>Comparing to anything else

Bait and Retardpilled

Boxx

POWER9 is a marketing tool

Dejavu

Attached: dc-mp.gif (452x184, 6K)

>It's not necessary and you can't justify it
2015+ thinkstations are €300+ right now, with all upgrades around 500-600 - why would i buy any of them in the firstplace?

>>$2k
>touchbar
kek

>linux on a workstation
haha nice one

ah thats a dealbreaker

Attached: mc cafe.png (1192x163, 18K)

because the bottom windows trash looks like absolute shit

>because the bottom windows trash looks like absolute shit
always nice to meet someone who has no idea what he is talking about.

That SuperMicro case is aesthetic as fuck.

Attached: IMG_20180813_204815.jpg (1200x1600, 401K)

Are you implying you can't do work on Linux?

Attached: deebly-goncerned.jpg (800x603, 84K)

>pajeetOS on a workstation
haha nice one

Attached: 1534046837976.png (709x869, 522K)

Talos is a pretty bad purchase, but congratulations for finding a similarly overpriced computer for the proverbial suckers.

Difference is just the size of the company and type of dishonest marketing - Apple has brand identity shit and Raptor has tinfoilhat "black helicopters are coming for you quickly buy this" FUD.
also this

Attached: x11.jpg (530x605, 109K)

I have a AMD Ryzen 3 1300X system running Solus Budgie which has been riced.

I demand to know the source of that doujin picture

And?

mangadex.org/chapter/50302/1
not doujin, that's published mango

That “”Talos”” thingy looks like a desktop found in an office pc in middle 2000’s.
That alone is offputting.
But needing multiple CPUs to get single digit number of cores is beyond ridiculous in this age.

That's an actual pro/workstation case man. They are not made for metrosexuals like apple stuff (60% of dev time spent on the looks, 39 % on vendor lockin and making upgrades and fixes expensive and hard, 1% actual hardware).

You can buy 18core with 72 threads and also get two and use them in that Power9 machine. It is actually not that expensive, only like 3K $ extra for one (well, was not so expensive, before Threadripper and Ryzen 9).

The Talols and the CuckPro are still both about the same level of bad, just for different reasons.

The case is aesthetic and looks like current server offerings from dell. You can save money buy just buying a power9 mobo and cpu, and sourcing the rest of the build yourself.

Attached: server-powderedge-t30-left-hero-685x350-ng.psd.jpg (570x400, 10K)

thanks user i needed that laugh, here's your (You)

>Apple is giving you the mac pro for free, provided you're in the small professional niche they're targeting

what the fuck are you talking about

I guess he's saying in tandem with their mememonitor since it supposedly offers great value over other professional displays (I know nothing about this)

For six grand you can probably assemble something far better than either of those

>since it supposedly offers great value over other professional displays (I know nothing about this)
probably a lie as always

I wonder how low their repairability will score.

This is enterprise hardware, you retarded gamer.

Please show me a RISC workstation superior to the Talos II with a lower price.

rPi with RiscOS. If you don't offload to an offline unsecured intel CPU with no mitigations for compiling you're being retarded with your money anyway.

Fuck off, kike. You don't know what you're talking about.

Look up Oraclel SPARC T4

I said superior.

truth

shitpost ain't no truth

I can do as much on a raspberry pi as I could on a Talos super secure workstation.

Says more about you than it.

ThinkStations.

You can get the Talos II prebuilt or as parts, the Blackbird only comes as parts. Oh no, options are so bad

>But needing multiple CPUs to get single digit number of cores is beyond ridiculous in this age.
You're right, it is ridiculous unnecessary. good thing there are 18c/72t and 22c/88t processors available for the Talos II.

>talos
>cant even run skyrim

The only reason I haven't bought a Blackbird from Raptor is because I'm in the UK and I will be finger fucked on import duty and taxes. I like that it's open. I like that it's not x86. x86 is now 41 years old and has been receiving sticking plasters over it's inherent problems throughout it's lifespan. We need a clean slate.

I have a theory
>be Apple designer
>new boss doesn't care about me or my designs
>make joke design to force him to speak up
>draw up a literal a cheesegrater
>perfect, this will force him to talk to me!
>go through meetings showing my joke design
>boss too busy getting his cock sucked by intern
>no one objects
>the design pass despite my bewilderment
>life feels hollow, thinking of resigning
>meet boss trying to warn them it was just a joke
>boss getting sucked by another intern
>sends me away angrily because didn't take appointment
>write my resignation letter
There can be no other explanation.

what about their monitor?

I'm not saying one way or another as to whether you should buy it. However, I am curious as to what you need all that power for. It's only logical to buy a computer that expensive/powerful if you have an actual need for it.

For the vast majority of people, to purchase a computer that expensive is very, very far into the realm of diminishing returns.