That's right, niggas. It's time for yet another Raspberry Pi thread

That's right, niggas. It's time for yet another Raspberry Pi thread.

Attached: IMG_20190725_153020.jpg (1954x1352, 739K)

what wrong with usb c issue?

They cheaped out like greedy people do

>no heatsinks
Thats not how dissipation works, unless you are intending to go for a board wide 1~2*c drop instead of the chip specific 30~40*c drop from actually using a heatsink

Most USB-C cables work just fine. Some "e-marked" cables used to power laptops, etc. might not work. That's all.

You are right and wrong. The drop will be bigger than 1~2 since the IHS itself is a tiny heatsink after all, but it will indeed still be shit.

There's no need for a heatsink if you have a fan.

What do you use your raspberries for? I have pihole and thinking about adding something extra

I was using it to watch plex on my tv, but then I found an xbawks 360 with a remote for like $30 and that runs a whole lot better

Does anyone own a Pi 4 and tried using a full DE like KDE? How does it run? Does it have full HW acceleration in browsers?

There's no need for a fan if you have a reasonably sized heatsink.

vpn so i never have to worry about my ability to phone post

Can the pi 4 do Wii U emulation?

No, Switch only.

Attached: 57C43A15-B4CC-4DFF-BCE9-2ABA333AF804.jpg (576x574, 38K)

can pi4 stream 4k? if not should I bother with it and stream 1080p on my 4k tv?

Has anyone managed to watch Netflix with one? I tried but failed. The Chromium made for that CPU isn't exactly the same so old guides for Linux in general don't work.

It's cool, I once bumped fists with a nigger.

Raspbump

They only support cheap cables, which is a feature not an issue.

Is it possible to run VSCode on Pi4 yet?

Can I use this for a NAS? Like just stick my WD Red into it and install OpenMediaVault on it?

Sure, why not.

That's literally the whole process? I'll be buying one now then. Thanks

Yeah, it shouldn't be much more complicated than that.

Attached: Screenshot_20190726_173140.png (745x770, 117K)

Nah, they've proven plenty of times that Raspberry are retarded and don't have any real engineers among them.

I think you're underestimating the power of forced convection.
Even a weak airflow of around 1 m/s tends to half temperature rise per watt.

A fan will be more compact.

does anyone here know how to virtualize multiple pis in a same virtual network?

Are these little shits good enough for 1080p60 streams and video files? I want something to stick behind my TV instead of running a 15' hdmi to my laptop.

Easily, 1080p60 isn't that demanding.

Reminder that a Pi was used to hack into NASA.

Attached: Screenshot_20190726_191012.png (752x746, 132K)

Benchmarks aside, how much faster is the Pi 4 than the 3B+? I'm thinking about upgrading but I don't know if it's worth it. Can anyone tell me if it's better in terms of real world usage? USB 3.0 and 4GB of RAM would be nice but I don't know if I can justify spending close to $100 to get all the accessories and shit for a new board.

Attached: 1563571624994.gif (357x232, 3.99M)

It's faster, but it really depends on your use case. Not all uses push even the old Pis to their limits. If $100 is a lotta money to you, I suggest you wait.

I'm hollowing out an NES case and mounting a Pi 4 in it. Have to 3D print the mounting bracket and port inserts but it is going well.

It's just a generic ARM board. Virtualize a few ARM guests and herd them with k8s.

What is a pi 4 Nas?

Attached: IMG_3391.png (645x729, 68K)

Google "NAS."

it's a variant of the number pi used in nas devices for parity calculation

It's just a fun joke to trick people into saying pi-nas (benis).

LMFAO

Is the pi 3 b+ with omv still the most cost effective for a simple media storage NAS? I don't really care about streaming just need it to store and serve my shit out at a decent speed.

A halfway decent pc can do it too.

Cemu with cemuhook plugin

>wew finally in 2019 I dont need a shitty 2004 era fan to cool down my compu-

>2004
closer to 1994

Attached: Inside_all_zpslyhixuoz.jpg (1024x768, 138K)

Since the polling rate on the GPIO bus is much faster now, could it be possible to add a PCI interface through it?

it happens to not work with most laptop chargers which is a non-issue imo. QuickCharge Android USB-C chargers will work as long they supply 3A@5V.

Looks like an ARM developer board with a bunch of chip on modules on it.

funny, since oldschool ARM desktop boards looked much different

Attached: (JPEG Image, 3648 × 2736 pixels) - Scaled (31%).jpg (3648x2736, 2.04M)

You must be at least 18 years old to use Jow Forums.

We're on 4channel playboy

Attached: 1563755971835.jpg (1200x1200, 214K)

not it doesnt

Attached: dfsfdjskfljdsfkldsklx4.jpg (547x1205, 90K)

>not responding with "make like an abit motherboard and stop posting"
missed opportunity