/spg/ - Smartphone General

Oppo Reno 10x Zoom FC Barcelona Edition Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: gsmarena_002 (1).jpg (1800x1200, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/redmi-note-7
xda-developers.com/xiaomi-poco-f1-blind-camera-comparison/
gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9765&idPhone2=9342&idPhone3=9769#*,81,*
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for S10 is a great phone and probably won 2019

Waiting on galaxy tab s6.
Why don't they make oled tablets in 16:9?
No one uses tablets for anything other than watching videos.

any better option than Mi 9t in this budget?
I don't really care for any particular feature

Thoughts on the Oppo Reno Z? ColorOS doesn’t bother me.

Mi 9 or K20 Pro? Is there much of a difference in cameras?
K20 Pro is cheaper. So is there anything better on Mi 9?

No

Nubia X global version when?

I want a smartphone with good cameras, lots of storage and something that can last the next 4 years or so. my budget is 200-300 euros. Using tele2 in a EU country.
my current smartphone is from 2012 so everything will be an improvement.
Maybe Huawei P30 Lite or samsung galaxy a50?

Mi9 has better cameras (esp. the wide-angle and telephoto, main sensor is the same so not as much difference there) and wireless charging, but I would personally take the K20 Pro for 3.5mm jack and bigger battery.

Whichever you get, remember to check the bands:

Pocophone or Mi9T

Is there a huge differnce? I'm leaning a lot towards the k20 pro. I have chceked the bands

i like using sd cards though

Pocophone it is then

does it have a better camera than the other two i mentioned?

With GCam yes

>Is there a huge differnce?
not really, especially if you're using GCam.

how are the 9t cameras compared to the likes of S10 or even P30?

Also 9T Pro when? [spoiler]i'm uk[/spoiler]

What up doo's

I want to buy a Iphone SE or XZ1 compact- what vendors would offer me the sickest deals (looking to just one off buy it).

Thanks fella's

Should i just fall for the Redmi Note 7 meme?

Is a Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S worth it for 260€?

yes

not if you're a burger

not one, but why?

It's missing most of the 4G bands used in the US of A:
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/redmi-note-7

Cheers

if only the Mi 9t had external storage, it would be the perfect smartphone
alas...

Attached: 2019053001628491i5qdglt.jpg (1000x1000, 101K)

What are some of the better midrange phones without this stupid notch?

i was looking at the mi 9t but i'm still wary about buildquality and it lasting longer than a year and MIUI

xda-developers.com/xiaomi-poco-f1-blind-camera-comparison/
I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd say its camera is pretty good.

its the only thing that makes me doubt as well.
Idk if i ever need more than 128gb though.

>Razer Phone 2's price cut to $399 again
>this time the cut is permanent
Wew

Why do people hate modern LG phones?

i just wonder how powerful the note series will be and if the mi9t is worth it in comparison
in 2 years the note series went from SD625 to a SD660 where the performance is more than double for the same pricing
i'd be kind of jiffed if they release a note 8/9 next year with the 710 chip, then i would've overpaid for the 9t

What exactly is the advantage of having a rooted Android phone?

Can remove carrier bloatware that may be unremovable on non rooted devices.

Able to use software tweaks that the phone normally wouldn't allow.

Automating tasks

Do you guys ever buy a phone with contract?

No, that's retarded.

i've never seen a contract not designed to fuck you over

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9765&idPhone2=9342&idPhone3=9769#*,81,*
which one should i get?

Attached: nova-5i-pro-01.jpg (660x800, 329K)

Idk it seems to cost the same as buying a phone and getting a seperate internet contract.

Is it possible for an 'official' 'OEM' battery to have two very slightly different designs? Like, maybe half way through they changed production partner or something? Or it's probably a convincing fake?

I need a replacement battery for my phone, and a reputable retailer in my country is offering an 'official' 'OEM' battery, but when I opened my phone up and took a close look the design is very slightly different. Not by much, just some very subtle things.
And when I look on AliExpress, there also seem to be two different ones by various sellers and rebranders. The one like mine, and the one this retailer at home is offering. The split is about 50-50.

So, possible that both are legit, and Motorola commissioned two different factories to make the official batteries maybe at the same time for different market's maybe one after the other? Or is it just a very convincing, very widespread fake?

Attached: 1563422247046.jpg (671x605, 42K)

yeah except prices can change fairly quickly

where i'm from 2 years ago i paid €25 for 5gb a month
now i'm on €10 for 25gb

never. I'd rather just buy the phone straight up. If something ever happens to the phone while on contract then I'll still be paying monthly for it.

I know you're probably shitposting but I unironically really like mine.

Posted from my S10.

>tfw someone here assured me I would be safe with att even though I am a burger
I got memed, didn't I?

It's hard to say because it depends completely on what frequencies you get where you live so YMMV, some people are using it in the US without any issues, others aren't as lucky. Did you get it from Amazon? At least in that case you shouldn't have any issues returning it and getting your money back *if* you have any issues with reception.

Only way to tell if it's a fake or not is if it actually matches the rated capacity in real world usage. Accubattery has a good tracker for that

Always do your research on the bands the carriers use and what bands the phone support.

Reminder OnePlus is not Chinese where it counts.

If it doesn't work I at least can send it back, hell eating the cost if I have to won't be a hugblow to me. I will have to wait and see, hopefully I get lucky because I was looking forward to this phone I haven't upgraded in 5 years. At least I will be way more careful in the future.

How do i stop overthinking about what new phone i should buy?

Wait for a really good deal on AliExpress or Gearbest. That's what I did at the very least.

unironically, have sex

laying there, post-orgasm, feeling that glow all over your body, feeling her vag juice dry on your dick (or the base of your dick if you wore a condom), already kinda high, then maybe even smoking a cig for that extra buzz/rush...

...you'll realize how stupid it is to be so autistic about tech gadgets

I love my g7

Find out what your needs really are and narrow down the phones by price.

I also love my LG V30. I'm sure LG got some flack in the past with the G4 from the bootlooping issues but their 2017 and beyond phones are really solid. It's also a good thing they are under the radar for normies because they tend to drop in price faster than other flagships (got my V30 almost brand new for less than $200)

All phones are Chinese though.

Thinking about buying a phone from Xiaomi. Should I flash a custom rom or just not bother and stick with Miui?

Now that Mi A3 flopped, what are Jow Forums approved phones in that price point with AMOLED and running stock android (or close to it)

Well considering you have to wait to unlock the bootloader you might as well give MIUI a try to see if you like it or not.

which is better, snapdragon or exynos?

phones in that price point don't generally have AMOLED, it's mainly Samsung phones that aren't close to stock. Nokia 6.2 is coming in August and it's rumored to have an AMOLED display, maybe you should wait for that.

OnePlus is the best Chinese you can buy though, that's what matters.

100% of the time snapdragon

I have a sony xperia lt26i atm.
I only use it for taking pics, browsing interwebs, whatsapp and some shitty games. (will probably play emulator ds games at best)

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size

fucks sake
what possessed the fucking chinks to put a 720p display when two last gens including lite models had 1080p is beyond human understanding

Attached: dang.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

Netherlands, idk what carrier yet, max 300 euros.
Any downsides to the pocophone?mi9t looks better but the 128gb version is too expensive

if you feel limited by the 64gb storage space on the mi9t then you can add a usb-c to sd card drive thingy

Big notch and no NFC are the main downsides. Xiaomi fixed the touch latency issue. I wish it had wide-angle and telephoto though. Main camera is really good with GCam though.

what moto is it? Moto has official battery replacement kits through iFixit.com now, check if your device is there instead of dealing with AliExpress

want to buy the RN7 but the downside is no NFC, should I just get a used LG v30 instead?

>want to buy the RN7 but the downside is no NFC, should I just get a used LG v30 instead?
get pic related

Attached: Screenshot_Bromite_20190712-210915.png (1143x2048, 1.28M)

no gcam port so no

What's Umidigi? Looks like it'll blow up in my face.

>Umidigi F1
No

What's up, vir/g/ins?
I want a phone with a (relatively) decent battery life, good camera and that can last for a few years and that fits in my pocket. I will be mostly using it to browse the internet and emulate gba games.
Money isn't an issue.

Attached: 06e20fa3bec09ca24a229b82d6e01d6f.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Zenfone Max Pro M1 or M2. Stock android, lineage support and gcam works great on it.

Asus Zenfone 6, very good camera with gcam, godly battery life and everything. $500

thanks I'll check on this one

The usable amount is way less than 64gb i guess?

>Barcelona

Attached: zPrIetr.jpg (720x960, 114K)

I prefer Xiaomi though

Is a Samshit the best Android phone you can buy if you want the best video recording experience?

isn't the newest pixel supposed to have the best camera? not sure about recording though

best camera for still photography maybe, but not for video. Can't even shoot in 4K/60fps + IIRC the audio recording quality isn't the best

They're under the radar because LG is pretty much on their way out of smartphone manufacturing and some of their phones are also US carrier exclusives. Also that whole blunder with everything from the Nexus 5X to th V20 bootlooping.

I bought a Pixel 3a XL but I still like my XZ Premium better. Guess I can carry both around and use the Pixel for the camera and future updates.

plus wifi calling and band 71. eventually my xzp will become obsolete sadly. its such a good phone still :(

Based Xperia Chad
The XZP/XZ1 were so good, too bad they were hideously overpriced here.

What should I get, the P20 pro with lineage OS or iphone XR? I want privacy.

I wish I was handsome, I'd scam some faggots and get $1000 for some shitphone. I read a post on Jow Forums where user got paid $200 to step on some fag's stomach for a few minutes and that's all he did.

i just love how it feels to hold, the square shape and 4k screen. people always tell me its a beautiful phone. i will miss it when I can no longer use it.

>I want privacy, will Lineage be better for this than iOS?

Attached: 1548074866351.jpg (480x480, 28K)

Depends on what kind of footage you'll be recording. For most purposes the Mi9 is ideal when it comes to main camera video and its wide angle lens doesn't have a fixed focus so it can be used for some interesting-looking footage. If you're doing travel vlogs and such, the S10 is the optimal choice because both the front and rear cameras are great after the updates.

never said its not better. but theres hardware as a factor as well.

I need a rootable Android phone
Carrier : T-Mobile
Budget : ~$800 USD
Features : headphone jack is a must, battery, and a decent camera, must be rootable

Damn that’s an ugly color

Pixel 3a / 3a XL