Why Windows start behaving shitty after like 40 - 60 days of uptime...

why Windows start behaving shitty after like 40 - 60 days of uptime? Everything is more slower and I am 100% sure it has something to do with their internals. After restart everything is fast again.

Attached: img_0860edited.jpg (3785x2231, 1.57M)

Because Windows is for normal people who shut down their computer frequently not for filthy incels.
You should use Linus, preferable Arch

systemd doesn't have this problem.

yeah but can someone elaborate what could be causing that? I am interested if switching to windows server could fix it. I use Linux too but I need this windows box for development and some services too

Shitty MM and GC.

Memory leaks probably

My boot time went from less than 30 seconds to over 3 minutes in like 6 months. No changes to startup after the first few weeks. Why is it such trash

You can try that, but it might be your shitty software and drivers leaking memory.

>why Windows start behaving shitty after like 40 - 60 days of uptime?
40 - 70? More like 14.
I actually had this well documented with a particular game. After Windows had about two weeks uptimes (it was years ago now, but I had the timing down to the second) the frame rate would drop suddenly and considerably and general performance would drop too.
This occurred even after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Windows just sucks donkey dicks at long uptimes, but few things are as obvious as visual shit like games, so most people who have their computers on a long time, like servers, don't really notice how poor the performance becomes.

Windows behaves shitty from the very first second after booting.

>why Windows
Look Russinovich is seriously the only dude on the whole fucking planet who can actually answer deep dive technical questions about windows. No other cunt understands how this fucking OS works.

I can confirm that switching to windows server 2012/2016 won't help you. same shit

Works fine on mine, maybe you use shitty drivers or software? (also a reboot takes 15 seconds, is it really that hard?)

You'd only ask that if you know the answer as well. Move away from this website little boy.

Run Windows server

when it starts running like shit, check the home button and see if it is nudging you to update.

99% of the time I feel that this is the case, even for menial updates. It's like windows nerfs your current build to get you to update.

Worse yet is I took every precaution to not have windows auto update. Yet, my computer will never, ever last more than a month or two before I find it has restarted itself. Sometimes it's so retarded that it'll restart and then boot itself into linux instead of my primary windows.

People wonder why others use apple, it's because I can leave the computer in sleep for months and not have to deal with bullshit and update only when critical security updates come.

google shit trying to update

Attached: windowsproblems.jpg (583x381, 118K)

You seriously have to be tech illiterate to leave a computer turned on for more than a day.

Fpbp. Get a hobby you fat nerd.

but it has so many other issues

>more slower
That's because you use the most shittiest OS. Double comparatives aren't a thing. Learn english retard.

Attached: english.jpg (365x240, 14K)

>Using Windows for anything that requires uptime

There's your problem OP

just shut your computer down when you're done using it retard. If you need uptime then run Windows Server or Linux

the only real answer is maybe you could make it less of a problem with an older version of windows (basically one thats less complex or before the pajeets took over)

he clearly meant more slow
but yeah op is a retard and his mom a whore I've heard

all the retards talking shit about windows uptime are fucking underage zoomers

back in the day there were uptime contests in forums fot both xp and vista

Because both were notoriously bad at staying staying working for weeks without a bluescreen.

Dear winfag. Either put up and shut up or change to something better. If you dont like windows dont fucking use it. If you dont like the alternatives dont fucking use them. There are many many operating systems out there, most of which you have never heard of. Choose one, choose one and get to know it so well that there are few problems you cannot fix. Either that or GTFO Jow Forums
tl;dr
FUCK OFF YOU NORMIE FUCKING BLOB OF SHIT

Yes, happen to me too. after 40+ days uptime.

Does sleep mode count as uptime?

Is it windows 10?
What does task manager say is using your resources?

>use Linus
Based

because windows is a toy
for children
rather retarded ones

When it gets slow, have you tried going into task manager and killing system processes (most will auto restart) until it stops being slow?

Why does every program try to autostart on boot? If I want to run the program I will open it myself

windows is constantly downloading a pile of tumor software to your machine.
you can disable it by deleting windows

any anticheats installed (looking at you bastian l2c) and or somethings probably leaking gdi handles because why not
doubt, how about the win32k dev team, ntos team and defender team for a start? or the countless reverse engineers attention seeking on twitter

Disable Windows Defender permanently, it's useless anyway.
Disable automatic/forced updates permanently. (No, it's not impossible.)
Disable Superfetch (SysMain) and Windows Search services.
Disable disk indexing.
Stop leaving a thousand fucking programs running at once 24/7.
Voi-fuckin'-la...

I had no idea how shit Windows Defender was until I was using ProcMon to troubleshoot an unrelated issue.
I left it capturing at idle while I went off and had a smoke. Came back to 1,000,000+ events captured. Added Windows Defender to the exclude filter and the event count dropped to less than 15,000. Absolutely haram.

>install garbage, leaky software that slows his PC to a crawl
>HURR DURR WHY IS WINDOWS SO BAD

3rd party software and your own fault.
/thread

>why Windows start behaving shitty after like 40 - 60 days of uptime?
Early versions of Windows crashed after about a month of uptime max. So these problems weren't addressed.
Now everybody just accepts that the performance drops off and nobody cares.