I can't find an OS i like anymore

Windows XP is great but support is over and everyone dropped support
Windows 7 used to be good but is a broken mess now even on POSready
Windows 8/10 is horrible cancer
Every linux distro feels like its being held together with glue or is material design BS
ReactOS doesn't work
Mac is highly insecure
Fuck nu-tech
I want out
I'm not even a boomer i was just poor - was so happy to jump to 8.1 after using ME and XP until 2014 but i realise now, the last 5 years of my life in tech have been soulless and horrible, putting up with shit designs because for the first time in my life I was able to have latest technology
But really we should have appreciated the tech we had more.

Attached: fuckyou.png (320x291, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rentry.co/ltsc_optimized
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm right there with you. I've been using Linux for the past year but xorg is shit and Wayland isn't ready yet. I don't have the time or motivation to tinker with Linux anymore. Windows 10 is awful but at this point I think I'm just going to install LTSC and be done with it. It's not ideal but I'm not going to run a proprietary unsupported OS on my main rig.

Just wait till all this new IT bullshit collapses.

Come home, white man

Attached: haiku.jpg (1280x899, 303K)

I'm unfortunately using linux as a main because I have a business to run and I don't want the botnet programs of my gaming partition seeing my business documents. Gaming is asking for spyware since every game is another program installed + anticheats and DRM platforms (steam is built with Chrome)
I only have this PC so I wouldn't trust microsoft and Microsoft plugged into he system my only protection is LUKS encryption because bitlocker is broken + MS can decrypt it anytime.
Talk shit as much as you want about GNOME, but it's the only DE on linux ive used that isn't overly complicated for no good reason. Everything just werks and thats not because I'm dumb I like it, its because i don't like wasting my fucking time on things that can be done in windows instantly.
Gnome just gives me a preset bunch of tools and i use the ones i need, disable the ones i dont.

linux is better than ever

Yeah, I always preferred KDE to GNOME but I'm considering moving to Fedora, it seems like they have the best GNOME implementation these days

Looks like its being held together with glue. It looks nice but it also looks alien and unfamiliar for no good reason.
I just wish a linux distro would come around that tried to be like the windows we're all used to. 4 years of linux use i have behind me isn't going to undo the familiarity and ability to work fast that I have under windows environment due to being raised as a child using the system, and DOS as a toddler.

fedoras KDE is only ok, it's too bad fedora with kde would be god tier

>macos isn't secure
>yet you were fine with windows xp and windows 7
okay retard.

>4 years of linux use i have behind me isn't going to undo the familiarity and ability to work fast that I have under windows environment
how is that even possible? I was faster in linux than windows after maybe 2 years, and now I couldn't dream of going back to winslows

inb4 op posts pics of shitty el capitan and other older versions that got fixes pushed same day they were discovered

XFCE btfos GNOME, just make sure you use compton as your compositor...

Use fedora, honestly. Never have I found a more polished and stable distro.
Also the performance is great. I really didn't want to install the proprietary nvidia drivers despite everyone telling me to after i complained that it sucks for modern cards on debian and other OS, but I'm running that busted FOSS nouveau driver on fedora, and it works fast enough for me to do work in GNOME. It wouldn't do games because I can tell it's only just running at a decent speed, but thats what i have windows for anyway.
I think i need to stop focusing on the design principles / ricing of the OS, and just start focusing on the work. I'll build a steroided windows XP nostalgia gaming box one day, and use it like how adults these days still use their N64's and PS2's to revisit the glory days. I'll just treat it like another console / media centre.

It is, but it's still nowhere close to windows. With windows you don't even have to think about the fact you're using Windows, you just do everything the way you've always done it. There are so many things I love about Linux, but there are also so many things I have to constantly deal with that aren't going away anytime soon. Computers have been primary single user devices for a while now. We even call them PC's. I just want to have my extra hard drive as an archive, but I have to partition it, and then worry about what filesystem it's using. And now it's mounted by root so all my files are owned by root and the next time I start my computer I have to redo all the file permissions. There's so much baggage from the UNIX days that's so integral to the underlying kernel and libraries that it's likely to be here forever. We're finally close to replacing Xorg but it's still a year away at absolute best before Wayland is ready for primetime.

>It is, but it's still nowhere close to windows. With windows you don't even have to think about the fact you're using Windows, you just do everything the way you've always done it.
t. low iq retard confusing different with worse

MacOS was always insecure and still to this day, apple takes forever to patch issues on their LATEST and greatest versions.
XP and 7 were VERY secure at the time if you had the common sense(TM) antivirus. They are no longer since MS only cares about new windows these days. If only 7 had the afterlife support XP got.. :(

apple releases security patches for new versions and bug fixes for security issues within the week.

XFCE is held together with glue, and it has that smelly hobbyOS feel to it
Fuck off.
KDE is the only decent windows-clone DE, but it still has cracks in its design consistency and feels uncanny to windows.

Even with Compton I still get screen tearing in videos and stuttering while scrolling. I just want Wayland to be finished already.
This is what I've been thinking lately. I've used i3 for a little while and while it's nice getting around with the keyboard it's not worth the time to configure and every time you want to plug in a flash drive or something like that you have to do it manually. I'm going to try fedora before I give up on linux, it'd be a shame going back to windows 10 as horrible as it is.

He's right though. If you have to take a goddamn courseworth of youtube videos and guides to learn how to use an OS as efficiently as you can use the easyOS you came from, that steep learning curve can be used as a negative against the OS.
In the real fucking world, mind you.
I tried introducing linux to 2 family members when I was learning about it, and both of them spat the dummy after a few weeks, one was tech literate and the other was of average tech skills.
Absolutely nobody would use linux if it were not for software freedom or the fact windows has been shitting the bed.
These are the only two reasons most of the install base put up with this shit.

based OP

I just stick with windows 10 until someone manages to develop a distro thats worth using.

seriously tho, why tf do so many GNU distros use python 2 as default?

Fedora was my suicide net for linux honestly. I almost decided to do work on windows 7. In fact, I'm kinda still asking myself why I'm not doing work on it... I could put up with the instability/brokenmess of 2019's win7 if it meant familiarity, and I can put up with the unfamiliarity of linux if it means i have the stability of fedora combined with their definition of software freedom which disallows spyware but allows some proprietary stuff that is necessary to run the system WELL ENOUGH.
Thanks user, thanks for talking to me and helping me map this idea out.
I guess the choice of LTSC isn't too bad but win10's data collection policy bothered me too much to even go near it if its enterprise and built for corps to run.
Perhaps 8.1 would suffice. I heard you can remove telemetry from it and remember most settings of 8.1 are still in the controlpanel. Use classic shell to revert the metro to a classic startmenu, and you have a semi-flat design windows 7 that is actually stable... just some food for thought my man, no need to give into 10 just yet when 8.1 (embedded) still has 4 years left!

If you do go back to windows I'd consider this: rentry.co/ltsc_optimized
Not really any sense using 8.1 because the ui is a catastrophe and Microsoft have added extra telemetry to 7 and 8.1 after they started going crazy with windows 10. I'm going to give Fedora a month and if it's not a good experience that's the path I'll take.

Why not 8.1 with classic shell?
The flat design (of the desktop) isn't as bad, still has most of 7's features and nicknacks - 4 years of support left and the metro shit can be easily disabled
+ less telemetry than 10, even possible to bring it down to 7's level of data collection.
I don't get why so many niggers jumped/ will jump straight from 7 to 10. That's like jumping out of the titanic straight into the icewater, but theres a lifeboat with room not that far away from where you're about to jump

Reminder the freetard community is full of Dunning Krueger lolcows.

and the "windows community" is full of 50 iq actual retards, the fact that communities have some dumb people is a pretty bad line of argument when if you've ever stepped into a windows or microsoft centric forum you can see the absolute dregs of humanity

Whatever you say my good man, I just think trying to debotnet win10 is like painting a piece of shit, 10 was built to steal your data from the moment it was concieved, (hence the 'free' upgrades even for pirates on launch). If telemetry was added, it can be taken out or blacklisted because it isn't hard coded, only patched in.
At least that is what i think the case is.
I'll check out that guide, but win10 scares me to no end and i don't believe you can truly fix it.
I hope you have a good day man, i have a lot of work to do tonight and thought this would be a quick thread.
Thanks for the chat and info :)

You think you're smarter than people simply because you use an alternative to an extremely popular and household OS. Then you scream about it like a child.

9/10 "techies" are intellectually smart by computer logic and understanding how to troubleshoot their familiar OS's, but socially and by the standards of understanding how life and relationships works are fucking mongs unless they can relate to someone by their field
Tech is a curse

>Windows 7 used to be good but is a broken mess now even on POSready

What are you talking about? I'm using Windows 7 SP1 right now and it's perfect. No different than it was in 2009.

Have a good night dude, thanks for the insight :)

Win10 telemetry off, really isn't all that bad buddy.

Just embrace openbsd

How can you say after four years of experience that it "looks like its being held together with glue" and is "alien and unfamiliar"? I've never used that OS before but there is nothing there that looks crazy, especially in a linux environment. Honestly the biggest differences between most distros are really just their package manager and amount of software they include to boot. If you're looking for the windows experience I am surprised you haven't just used ubuntu; as long as you know how to use a terminal and handle a package manager it shouldn't look like it's "held by glue", whatever that even means. Also if you think Mac is highly insecure I'm surprised you would even consider anything window's related.

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

It's not only about software freedom but security and amount of control you have as a user with your system. Windows is fine if generally you just don't give a shit about using an insecure system and having microsoft fucking ream your user experience without your consent or any easy way to fix it. Maybe it takes a week to learn how to use linux, but there are so many benefits that come with it that I don't understand how that isn't just the go to option if you're someone with moderate technical knowledge.

stay in your cave nigger

openbsd is the only choice for a white man you kike

a white man without a job you double white-nigger

A white man with a promising future you mega sandnigger kike, jewest of the jew times infinity

>freetard
Yikes
>lolcows
SUPER YIKES

have sex

>jew
take it back, nigger. I may use lisp but I ain't no ((())) no good kike goy

>take it back
Hah. Jew

Doesn't matter what terminology is used to laugh at you, you will still be laughed at

>because I have a business to run
Selling trouts in varrock ge is not a business, you mongoloid.
Ms don't give a shit about your tiny business.

W10 LTSB
OpenShell
/thread

Attached: 1542742145888.jpg (2900x3100, 682K)

openbsd is really good

OpenBSD.
Plan 9.

Hell, even gentoo.

Attached: open_bsd_2.jpg (549x808, 409K)

Q4OS is honestly a pretty good distro for non-techie use and looks pretty windows-esque out of the box