Why the fuck do these still exist

They're a relic of the pre smartphone era. Is it just retarded boomers?

Attached: kindle-oasis-2019-review-12-640x640.jpg (640x427, 45K)

Red a book for once you retarded Incel.

Read a book for once you retarded Incel.

book is a physical design of assembled printed sheets. digital file with text isn't a "book"

A film shot digitally isn't a film.

I can do that on my phone

Enjoy your eye fatigue.

Said no one who reads more than one book a year.

Read a book for once, you retarded incel.

Engage in informing yourself in an activity known as reading, in which a person stares at a flattened and chemically altered dead piece of wood with black markings etched with ink, you mentally incapable involuntary celibate.

E-ink screens comfy as fuck.
memmory full of books, low battery usage and no eye strain.
Reading can get any better.

>t. doesn't read books
Stay mad faggot

Attached: IMG_20190726_170434.jpg (2448x3264, 1.23M)

This. You COULD read a book on a phone just as you COULD attach a keyboard and type your 100 page thesis on it. There's a lot of things you CAN do. Fucking neets, when will they learn.

Having a separate reading device makes the reading feel more ritualistic or purposeful for me

I read at least 6 books a year on my phone, faggot. Improving my english and much more selection than in the library, and free.

Facebook? You should face book and study!!

Why would I waste literally days learning something from a book when I can learn it for half an hour watching 2 vids?

They don't give you headaches when reading. Pretty simple.

They consume a gorillion times less energy, summer babby. The battery life is like 3 months. They're also comfy af for your eyes.

>library
?????
????????????
????
???
??????

I still need to get used to not flipping to the exact page I need. Need to use ebook features for index, search. Formatting and page numbers don't always work right though.

are tolinos any good? kindle voyage incoming!

Attached: kindlevoyage.jpg (1026x1365, 270K)

Fucking carpenters, why do they even have hammers? They already have wrenches and could turn them sideways and pound nails in.

>your wrench isn't strong enough to pound nails in, how poor are you?

I got it from a yardsale for 9 bucks, but compared to my old kobo glo it's an improvement. Annoying about it: you're always greeted by the shop after finishing a book. Otherwise it's a solid device. I'm probably going to upgrade to a new kobo anyways because I want the orange light backlight feature

> OP reads on a reflective screen
> OP doesn't read
> OP didn't turn his ereader in a secondary eink display
> OP doesn't travel

As always, OP is a pleb and a faggot.

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

how easy is it to load downloaded epubs onto kindles/other ereaders? any good cfws for these things?

Are you agreeing or not, you're sending some mixed signals here.

try koreader

Calibre is amazing and very easy to use

Super easy on a tolino.

No cfw needed. Use Calibre with the KFX output plugin. Awz3 is fine too but KFX gives you all the Kindle functionality

Kindle does not complain about my prayers books. It's a non issue.
I just use TPB and find all semi popular books I need.
Even niche true crime books in Dutch are on TBP.

They're actually great because they use those oldschool unlit displays that aren't washed out by the sun. They're great for reading something at the park, beach, pool, etc. Yeah, if you're just reading a couple things, a smartphone is probably fine, but if you read a lot it's a much better option and less of a pain in the ass.

>Use Calibre with the KFX output plugin.
my nigger

what kind of extra functionality does kfx give?

Is it euro/israel hours?

it converts ebook formats? that's very nice. how well does it handle PDFs since i get most of my ebooks from libgen

Unironicly I just purchased a Kindle Oasis latest gen. As many people have said, have fun with eye cancer if you read a lot on your phone.

I challenge anyone to look at this post and tell me the US doesn't need free healthcare immediately, these retards are just roaming freely!

works fantastically well, almost all of the time. plus, you just described how I get all my books online

Do you not know how to use a library? You ask for books and they procure them for you.

the zogged mind of a zoomer, folks

Attached: 1551995120193.png (672x787, 979K)

What the hell is a prayer book

Imagine being so poor you have to use chinkshit and can't afford an ipad

Sad

I actually bought a remarkable recently (e-ink reader that you can also write/draw on).

I get a ton of use out of it because I draw comics and it's much more enjoyable than on the ipad. On top of that read is way easier and cheaper than buying physical books.

Books are for nerds and faggots.
I brute force my programs with sheer physical force.

Attached: chad HD.jpg (1000x1000, 210K)

Isn't. They literally come with android now, so you can literally install Kiwix app and have the entire Wikipedia offline on a E-Ink device, comfy to read on any light condition, with extraordinary battery autonomy.

smartphone
>alerts
>wasted longevity
>small
>heavy
>over-engineered
>blinding
>expensive

e-reader
>almost no alerts
>designed for reading so its lifetime usage would have been fulfilled
>large
>light
>made to do a single thing and does it well
>paper-like lighting
>cheap

both have online stores to buy books from, but most e-readers have it installed natively
e-readers don't have much memory, but then don't need them as even long stories don't take up much space
if I break my e-reader I can easily replace it with another without having to go through the trouble of reinstalling and reconfiguring stuff
for smartphones, books can come in different formats that might require different apps to use; for e-readers everything is standardised
because e-readers are singularly purposed, it suites old people who actually read, and a lot

the only benefit a smartphone has over e-reader when it comes to reader is if you've got a VR-enabled smartphone that lets you view the story in a huge virtual screen; it's quite comfy, very private and immersive, but an opticians worst nightmare

In french and spanish (and possibly italian and portuguese), the library is where you go to purchase books. The bibliotheque/biblioteca is where you go to rent out books

Probably got lost in translation

Attached: Diferencia-entre-LIBRARY-BOOKSHOP-y-STATIONERS.png (1200x1200, 586K)

Calibre is absolute shit for PDFs, especially any PDF with an image layer. Use k2pdfopt/ABBYY for those.

Alright kid, here's your (you). Have fun going back to school shopping with your mom.

E-ink will save us all people

>he thinks an iPad is better for reading than a Kindle
t. readlet

that's not how it works here. if the books don't exist in my native language or they don't have the book in the libraries in my city, i have no way to get it through them.
in the US can you get any fucking book from the last 50 years that doesn't cost upward of 100$ mailed from another town/city because you asked?

wtf? I'm seriously weirded out. do people not use the word library now or are they meme'ing?
there's one meaning for the word library in English.

Long lasting battery life and easier to read with than phone (more words per page like a real book and tables are displayed properly unlike on phone), now gtfo fag

Enhanced typesetting, Word Wise, X-Ray, and Goodreads compatibility to track what you read and want to read

Makes sense, yeah

>I read at least 6 books a year on my phone
I'm so sorry for your loss.

you can store a library in it. you can read on a shitty smart phone screen for a while, I guess, but wouldn't you rather read on a normal book sized device that can last 12 hours without a charge and isn't effected by the sun?

e-readers are great if you are actually literate.

I read a few books on my Nintendo DS back when I was a teenager. The flash cart software could read txt files. One screen only. Let me tell you huuwhat. These e-readers are so much better.

I had one but ended up using my phone in the end because my hand and arm get numb after holding it for a while

who needs smartphones when you can have pails of water?

How do you hold it? I can hold mine for hours on end without any fatigue.

>i can do that on my phone

sure you can, but your phone does not have one months worth of battery life.

Attached: 2019-amazon-kindle-7.jpg (770x578, 86K)

I just wish they finally fix Forma, so I can ditch my shitty Paperwhite 2015.

/thread

I used to read erotic fanfiction with an Nintendo DSi and its browser
I haven’t found a better device for reading shit while laying in bed with nice one hand operation...

Fuck off, battery life.

Because the Nook was and is objectively superior to any smartphone for reading a book, and better looking than a Kindle.

I buy my books cause I love the smell and feel

cheers

>op doesn't recognize the objective superiority of eink screens for extended reading.

Zoomer scum.

Attached: IMG_20190726_101437.jpg (2340x4160, 2.49M)

>t.

Attached: Patrician.jpg (600x374, 34K)

"Book" designates both the object and its contents you motherfucker. You make me so mad.

>Reading books on tiny-ass bright-as-the-sun smartphone screens
>He doesn't like having specialized devices for specialized tasks

Attached: cuck.png (1102x465, 440K)

libgen should still have a lot of what you want in epub. If not check b-ok.org and #bookz

5 years later and the Voyage is still the finest kindle model

my local library is part of a network within our municipality. meaning that if my local library doesn't have a book, they can request it from any of the other libraries in the network and recieve it quite quickly

Nah srry I think my explanation got you confused.
In English, the library is the place where you borrow books - that is correct. In French and Spanish: the libreria is for buying books, and the bibliotheque is for renting books. The former is usually a privately owned bookstore, and the latter is usually a public, municipally-funded building. I gotcha fren

Attached: bunnies.jpg (756x944, 133K)

E ink is not a relic. It is the future.

btw reading manga is fucking great on e-ink, i can read my weeb shit for hours, without any eye fatigue

>even the latest Kindle shows ads on the lockscreen
fuck, if I never connect the device to a network, can I transfer ebooks via the USB port? or is there a better e-ink reader that isn't as botnet

Get one of the Rakuten kobo to avoid botnet. It's what I'll buy if my ancient Kindle 2 ever shits the bed but it's not looking like it will.

I just disabled all the wireless on my kindle and use Calibre for loading books.

you can turn them of in 30 seconds

800x600 is ok

Attached: weeb_shit_on_train.png (1616x2516, 3.02M)

Buy
a
NOOK

No ads on the lock screen, no ads in the reader itself except for other books available through Barnes & Noble.

Attached: IMG_20190726_1420486.jpg (710x947, 189K)

I want an a4 sized or letter sized eink reader that supports a lot of files. What do? Also being able to write/edit and take notes is a plus

spotted the incel

I read all my weeb shit on my Oasis, and it is the best experience I've had reading.

I spend an average of 4 hours a day reading on FBreader with a black background and never get any eye strain. Ereaders have always looked cool to me but I really hate the idea of having multiple devices which is why I am having a hell of a time looking for a better phone than the Mi Mix 1 which is getting long in the tooth these days. All these long phones are shit for reading. Literally the only phone that I can find is the Lenovo Tab V7 which I'll have to import from India and has a shit processor.

>They're a relic of the pre smartphone era.
but smartphones predate any commercial eink use

t. retard

>with extraordinary battery autonomy.
economy

its not, the extra glass on the screen made text look really bad, it doesnt even come close to pw, also holding it was awkward, the capacitive buttons were shit, either too sensitive or you had to almost break your thumb to change page. Also the lack of color temperature adjustment (when at the time of the release kobo had this feature) really made this overpriced and pointless device when pw existed (pw itself cannot even compare to kobo)
the only thing I liked about voyage was page back button on both side of the screen. Paperwhite really sucks in this respect because its almost impossible to go back a page if holding it with a right hand