Anus openly trashes competition in mobo space WHILE fully boasting it's mobos ALREADY run 3950X

wccftech.com/asus-msi-gigabyte-x570-motherboard-wars

Weeeeeeeeeeew, LAAAAADS! Just look @ 'dat JUICY all-core 3.9GHz on 3950X while at stock, yeee boiiiii~

Attached: 16CORE3000OHNOYOUDIDNTANUS.jpg (1480x833, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zGHheXBMATQ
hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/131549-the-architecture-behind-amds-zen-2-ryzen-3000-cpus/
youtube.com/watch?v=wF8EuEfKH3Q
msi.com/blog/the-latest-bios-for-amd-300-400-series-motherboard
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BASED ANUS

Most irony in this, is the fact than Anus' mobos are utter garbage too, YET they're definitely waaay better than MSI's fucking TRASH. AsRock is still undisputed #1 in mobo space, however.

how?
new model mosfets?

>OC to 3.2Ghz on water

wow, that's AMAZING /s

G-g-Jow Forumsuyse...

Attached: 0007-ASUS-X570-Fighting-Guide-1480x833.jpg (1480x833, 197K)

Attached: 3950XOHNOANUSYOUJUSTDIDNT.jpg (1480x833, 143K)

Sure, but the OP picture is specifically comparing both at 3.2Ghz.

Also, you know for a fact the 3.9Ghz is with a platinum sample, not something you should expect from every 3950x.

are they not allowed to openly state the competing product that they are testing against?

That's just for VRM cooling purposes.

Oh boy

Attached: ANUSPASTE.jpg (1480x833, 278K)

>3950x
>not even cracking 4ghz
looks like the meme turned into reality

Attached: 1559596044315.jpg (249x368, 19K)

Oh man

Attached: ANUSPINS.jpg (1480x833, 174K)

That's a stock without Turbo, you dumb dipshit. Literal initial values.

youtube.com/watch?v=zGHheXBMATQ
Kekus-fucking-Maximus

Attached: e8de1fa7761b239e954776ddcbc04d8289afed59fb035513b0da052cec0812d4.png (991x917, 864K)

Why does this remind me that shitposting Intel slidedeck with Intel having green checks and AMD having red crosses?

Was Asus better back in the day? When I built my first computer with a Phenom II X4 955 when it came out it I recall everyone having a boner for Asus. That being said, I've had like 5 Asus boards die between the computers I've built for friends and family after 2-3 years. Never had any other mobo die.

The funniest thing about all this lies in the mere fact that, by absolute largest part (at least soldering and pin quality-wise) Asus is NOT wrong in those slides/pics. MSi's wiring is DOGSHIT and been so since Z77 days, while Gigabyte started doing decent boards only relatively (during Zen+'s introduction) recently while being just as bad as MSi in the past. In this particular lieu, Asus IS much better, but ONLY in that lieu. They're still worse than AsRock and Colorful.

since when do engineering samples reach the same clock speeds as the retail product?

lmao, it's the same exact chips that are currently on the market, just with all cores enabled.

3900x is, 3 cores per CCX, two CCXs per CCD, two CCDs on the chip. For 12 cores total.

3950x is literally identical, but with 4 cores enabled per CCX instead of 3.

They aren't some early ES samples, we know exactly how these cores OC.

Silicon lottery only offers the 3900x up to 4.2Ghz (and at $800).

The 3950x at 3.9Ghz seems perfectly reasonable to me. You're getting 25% more cores after all.

>3900X is 3 cores per CCX

Attached: Intbecile.png (400x400, 1.22M)

Lol, are you retarded or just pretending for (you)'s?

Attached: 2019-07-26 11_40_36.png (569x421, 116K)

>They aren't some early ES samples
Yeah, but they are though. Watch Buildzoid's video about these slides. He mentions multiple times that when he went to Gigabyte's facility in Taiwain recently, he got to work with one of these 16-core engineering samples and he said that they clock like absolute garbage compared to retail chips.

A gigabyte employee pointed out that these slides are filled with factually incorrect information about their competitors (aka lies). Also ASUS are garbage, and their X570 BIOS is SHIT, and on top of that, their new X570 BIOS is even SHITTER!

Also these marketing slides were taken offline by Asus after Gigabyte and MSI complained, not that you can blame them when ASUS are just lying outright, but lol

CCX is entire package, you dumb fuck. 1 CCX - 8 cores. 6 core Zen 2 is 1 CCX with 2 cores disabled. 12 core Zen 2 is 2 CCX with 6 cores on each CCX. Now go and kys.

Attached: AYF.jpg (500x375, 41K)

>CCX is entire package, you dumb fuck
Uh... not him, but no it's not. Each die has two CCXs of four cores. The dies themselves are CCDs.

hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/131549-the-architecture-behind-amds-zen-2-ryzen-3000-cpus/

No, the CCD is the entire package.

Each CCD has two CCXs of 4 cores.

Attached: 2x-CCD-and-IOD.png (1721x968, 636K)

is this true of all Asus TUF mobos? i have a b450m TUF

You're retarded, please find a hobby you understand.

>Each die has two CCXs of four cores
Zen 2's CCX chiplet is 8 cores, retard.

lmao, just wait a month you dumb cunt.

Zen2 chips can't clock high without power consumption shooting through the absolute fucking roof because of their voltage requirements. This isn't going to change. More cores means lower all core turbos inside of any set power limit.

>CCX is entire package
No its not, little kid. A CCX is the single quad core cluster. Each die has 2 CCXs on it.

Attached: 1.jpg (720x540, 273K)

A chiplet made up of two CCXs, retard. Maybe actually try reading things before running your dumb fucking mouth off.

No, a CCX is 4 core, 8 thread.

Each CCD is 8 cores.

Stay BTFO, kid.

Stop using terms you don't understand, kid. There is no such thing as a "CCX chiplet"
The chiplet die contains two separate CCXs. The die is called the CCD, not CCX.

One chiplet is one full CCX, you goddamn LAMERS. Chiplet = CCX of 8 cores. 6 core has one chiplet with two cores disabled. 8 core has one chiplet with no cores disabled. 12 core has two chiplets with 2 cores disabled in each chiplet, because a full 8 core CCX is in each chiplet.

You're literally arguing against an OFFICIAL AMD presentation slide.

Are you a fucking idiot?

Oh I get it, you made yourself look like an idiot, so now you're pretending to be extra retarded to make us think you were doing that all along.

>AMD is wrong XD

A CCX is a cluster of 4 cores.
A CCD is a die containing two CCXs.
There is literally no AMD chip in existences that has 8 cores in a contiguous coherent CCX.
This isn't hard to understand, Zoom zoom.

Yeah, asus probably got two sternly worded letters from the lawyers at MSI and Gigabyte and Asus's lawyers promptly told the marketing department, they're fucking idiots and to take it down before they get their asses sued.

Chiplet has 1 CCX, you autistic piece of illitetarte uneducated fagshit. 1 CCX is 8 cores and chiplet has exaxctly that. AMD confirmed it's NOT a 4+4 system like what was in Zen+, it's a full 8 system per chiplet. Meaning 8+8 for 16 core on two chiplets. There is only one CCX in the chiplet of Zen 2. Two CCXs for two chiplets. Literally fucking hang yourselves, you dumb piece of lamer trash shit.

Attached: 1471473330305.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

>A CCX is a cluster of 4 cores
How is it there, in 2016, you dumb fuck?
Zen 2 is different, it's not same as Zen or Zen+, you autistic cocksucking fagshit.

>There is literally no AMD chip in existences that has 8 cores in a contiguous coherent CCX
It's called Zen 2, you dumb fuckshit.

Zen2 is the same as Zen1 in CCX layout, little kid.
It is 4 cores per CCX. Still. Always. It is not an 8 core CCX, and this is double clear from AMDs own slides, and inter core latency measurements, Zoomer.

that's a big silicon

>Zen 2 is the same as gen1 Zen in CCX layout
AMD themselves already confirmed it's not, you fuckwit. It's been known for months than Zen 2 is 1 CCX of 8 cores per a chiplet. Under what fucking rock in a cave you've been sitting?

then why do all the official AMD slides say the opposite?

>the only way to get AMD cpus close to their advertised clock speeds is buying motherboards that cost almost as much as the CPU itself
this shit is hilarious

AMD literally never "confirmed" what you're claiming, little kid. Every Zen2 chip has a 4 core CCX.
It is not a singular coherent 8 core CCX, but a two CCX CCD.

Try to find a source claiming otherwise. I double dare you. Good luck, little kid.

The slides are OLD.

Asus used to make decent boards and was held to high regard back in the day
As of now they are no different than any one else but people still act like they are some premium brand
Basically their entire reputation is based on what they used to be

>AMD's slides from the launch of Zen2 are OLD!
>AMD changed the entire electrical layout of their chips last minute and only this one low IQ autist is aware of it
Wow. Incredible.

The slides are from june...

ASUS always made good high end boards. I'm still rocking my LGA 1155 ASUS board with a i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz

Does that mean Intel BTFO?

Attached: 1564003977033.png (1178x493, 161K)

um sweetie, ccx overclocking tool exists and it allows free overclocking of the 4 ccx's present on 3900x and 2 ccx's on single die cpus

That tool is FAKE, you stupid FUCK.

>2600K
>always made
Z77 was pretty much the point when they've stopped doing "good high end". Z77 WS was the last time.

>AMD is WRONG
>the slides are OLD
>its a single 8 core CCX now!
>AMD claimed it!

Imagine this level of fucking underage retard cope. lol
Just to drive this home once and for alll
The CCX is a quad core structure.
Each CCD contains two quad core CCXs. The complete die is called the CCD.

Attached: n2LVfc00AfTwFtWi.jpg (1707x960, 263K)

It's been utterly BTFO'd for at least 2 full years by now. Where have you been?

The E3 slides must be fake too.

>1 month before launch
>official slides showing 4 core CCX with two CCXs per CCD, up to two CCDs per chip.

imagine being so BTFO, you think it's better to double down on your own retardation instead of just admitting you made a mistake.

Those slides are old, fake, and wrong. I know because of my learnings.
Matisse shows increased latency when an instruction leaves a local 4 core cluster, exactly as with Zen1, purely by coincidence. Its an 8 core CCX! It just not coherent like a CCX at all.
AMD themselves claimed this. Lisa Su told me herself.

Attached: 1562816788027.png (822x777, 539K)

Jesus christ that retard needs an editor or a script.

an hour long video where at least 15 minutes is just him saying uhhhh, yeah, like, uhhh, and stuttering over himself and repeating the SAME fucking sentence four times because he can't get the words out right.

Just fucking hell, zero production value and MASSIVE waste of time.

>3.9GHz
>Intel 10 cores run 5GHz easily

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

There is no inter CCD latency, there IS inter CCX latency.

That's why you have those clusters of 4 cores that have very low latency, that's a SINGLE CCX.

It was sarcasm. Lisa Su herself told me to be sarcastic. AMD confirmed it.

>zero production value and MASSIVE waste of time
Pretty much like the pic-related:

Attached: GN moron.png (729x243, 1.35M)

That's complete bullshit though. Asus made a whole bunch of fantastic X99 boards (Deluxe, Sabertooth, Rampage and WS were all best in class). The WS SAGE is one of the best X299 boards. Even their high end mainstream stuff has always been amongst the best, if not the best outright until the past year or so, when they chose to start skimping on their VRMs. They still have by far the best and most feature-complete UEFI on the market too, whatever issues they may be having on X570 right now.

>X99
>fantastic
I'm going to vomit, Jow Forumsuys.

Yeah, but that was X99's fault, not specifically asus.

>having garbage shit of a socket/chipset somehow makes boards based on this garbage shit socket/chipset slightly less garbage shit

Attached: 1548621525036.jpg (698x641, 123K)

To be fair, at the time there wasn't another option, TR4 was years away.

I'm gonna be brutally honest, this whole VRM shit-talk is a non-problem.
The 3900X consumes less than 10W more than a 2700x and a 2700x is perfectly fine even on a shit-tier A320 board.
Sure it's gonna run hot, and 16 cores will certainly be too much, but as long as you have airflow, it's gonna be fine.
These boards are expensive because they're made for overclocking.
Unfortunately, zen2 doesn't overclock for shit.

>not wanting to have much more cooler and much more efficient mobo

Attached: 1560588638705.gif (177x210, 2.12M)

In short, yes. Funny enough AsRock was considered biostar tier until about 5-6 years ago. Weird how things change.

The question is why would you want it?
Actually, some youtuber with glasses whatshisname tested the 3600 and found out power consumption was lower on the a320 than the x570. while performance was actually better for some reason.

AsRock hasn't been bad since Sandy and BioStar stopped being any bad since Zen+. AsRock is currently #1 mobo maker, and BioStar is decent.

>3600
>tested
>A320
>Zen 2
>tested
>A320
Literally hang yourself.

Let me dig a little bit.
There it is.
youtube.com/watch?v=wF8EuEfKH3Q

Funny, I remembered him with glasses for some reason.

I'm not even going to click on that click-bait garbage, as thumbnail alone already speaks books.

Then stay ignorant, nigger.

Best troll ITT

16 physical cores negro. This isn't a server board.

Intelshitters can't count to 16.

And yet, my ASUS B450 wasn't Zen 2 compatible out of the box.

>intel will finally learn how to count to 10 cores NEXT YEAR

Attached: 1492855909643.png (1228x1502, 944K)

>illitetarte
heh

What did they mean by this?
msi.com/blog/the-latest-bios-for-amd-300-400-series-motherboard

Attached: msi_zen2_bios.png (721x465, 31K)

4cores4eva

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

Those retards changed their scoring function to make lower core counts look better for some (((reason))).

Yeah and now they're basically BTFOing themselves

Imagine arguing about CCX chiplets online while your future wife is letting chad empty his balls into her and her best friend

>Chiplet has 1 CCX, you autistic piece of illitetarte uneducated fagshit

Attached: 1526323055572.gif (245x245, 613K)

they were still well respected when I put my 4670k build together. the Anus Maximus were the go to board

kek, you just called Asus, "Anus"

Attached: iQTDEF.jpg (1920x1200, 405K)

You know, this would all be resolved if they did a core to core latency graph as they did when zen1 launched.
But 1 chiplet is 2 CCX of 4 cores.
3900x has two chiplets.

see:
AMD literally never said a single word about Zen2 having an 8 core CCX. Never. There is nothing to resolve.