Anyone else struggling to keep up with new technology as you getting older?

Anyone else struggling to keep up with new technology as you getting older?

Attached: 4256.jpg (675x405, 39K)

Yes

No

Example?

Maybe

I find myself no longer wanting to keep up

I'm struggling to keep up with how retarded new OSes and apps have become.
Every company forces you to use their shitty apps for the sole reason that it's cheaper for them.

I normally use powershell to switch my alarm clock off in the morning but the older i get I’m wondering whether I should switch to soemthing more simple like via a ssh tunnel or soemthing. Mind really starts to slow down after a certain age.

No. I'm more into technology than when I was a teenager. I think you're talking about shit like twitter/facebook/myspace/instagram/etc. Those are not technology. Those are cancer.

I feel so fucking out of the loop nowadays

I used to frequent this board 10 years ago

Attached: 1274984221978.jpg (1096x822, 113K)

No, but i do struggle to keep up with all these stupid buzzwords that Jow Forums is mass-producing right now

I've just start to give less shits about gimmicks and fads

>too old to keep up
Not so much that as much as a lot of new tech releases seems superfluous and not really necessary to keep up with (ie a waste of time).

The young folk here call them memes now.
See: Everything that isn't obscure is a meme.

no need to keep up, its all the same, just way more bloated and called with different marketing buzzwords.

What are the most important techs to keep up with? How do we identify the superfluous ones to not waste our precious days on?

Learn docker and kubernetes and you can get an instant job

yes, i worked with microshit all my professional life so all i know is C++, C#, VB.net, SQL and powershell. i've also never used a single social media platform aside from linkedin so i'm basically a fossil

Attached: 1535676319028.jpg (250x229, 14K)

keep up... well there used to be a point in keeping up, now if by keeping up you mean using all the newest apps, then I simply don't even keep up, therefor no struggle, if you mean PC stuff, again, no point when I can do what I need to out of the computer I use.

What I struggle is to understand why we need the things we need today that we didnt before, like javascript for webpages, facebook in general. you need a reasonably fast computer to use their page without it being choppy. all these new versions of office when most people just need what wordpad can provide, call me an grandpa all you want, but one of the most amazing things is to see kids in 2019 who can't actually use their smartphones or use a computer any better than my mom could in the 90s. I see kids who can't look at the maps app on their smartphone to see where they're at and see where they're going and either use it to get where they need to go or be able to figure out how to get there without directions. kids who dont appear to be able to use email or understand what an email account even is. All these new layers of abstraction have made it almost impossible for kids to have an actual understanding of how to use their devices.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x319, 2.26M)

Not really, but I just turned 34 so I'm not that old. I am less interested in the latest smartphones since I have one that does everything I want and it didn't cost an arm and a leg and I have a computer from 2013 that runs just as good as when it was new.

It has less to do with "keeping up" and more to do with why bother. Shit hasn't really progressed much, its just been packaging it in nicer formats. I've switched to a bunch of these new programs but I don't feel like its a massive leap forwards like I saw in the 90s. Discord is just IRC+Mumble in a nice UI. Most of the new shit coming out is just social media cancer that I have no interest in. I tinkered around with Geocities and learned basic HTML when I was a youth, I barely used Myspace as a teenager and in my 20s. My Facebook account exists but I never actually post or log in to it. I prefer actual meaningful relationships and community, you don't get that from social media so I more or less ignore it. Even though Jow Forums is entirely Anonymous there is still more community here than anything I've seen on Instagram. What the fuck am I going to do there on Instagram? Orbit some e-thot? As a youth and teenager I had something of a chip on my shoulder when I saw these old WW2 era people who just couldn't use technology. I had contempt for their inability and disinterest. Perhaps they knew something I didn't, because I find myself following in their footsteps and slowly disassociate myself from modern tech as much as I can. I use my stuff as tools, not as the centerpiece of my identity. Partly the only reason I use a smart phone is because it has things like GPS and the ability to read bar codes as functionality.

Attached: instagramorbiters.jpg (1920x800, 364K)

yes, i ignore pretty much everything mobile phone related (wow, the new android now features superorganic design, now you can go to and with only 3 swipes left and 12 swipes right make a phone call!) also everything social networks related.

This and only this.