CPU Heatsinks

Top-down or sideways?

Attached: heatsinks.png (403x213, 121K)

why not both?

>Not pointing your heatsinks in every possible direction
Plebs, all of you.

Attached: sent.jpg (848x573, 263K)

AIO

a heatsink on top of a heatsink? wont the CPU turn to ice?

Well, large tower is only feasible for sideways

does one cool better than the other?
dont stock heatsinks do the job?

>dont stock heatsinks do the job?
they do a poor job.

Imagine this in a mineral oil rig with a refrigerated loop

why not have 5 heatsinks all welded together. Yeah you could have a separate case kist for all the heatsinks . Oh wait, man, no man like hurr hurr wait I got it. How about heat sinks made out of pure 100% titanium man. Think about it, titanium the worlds most precious metal, you could have like copper pipes leading to a 5 tom block of titanium
man that chip would be running like a iceberg

Attached: up-in-smoke-stoner.jpg (600x400, 80K)

picture this: the entire pc case is one solid block of copper. you need to mill out space for your electronics.

Heatsink cases have existed in forever. No one would put a 9900k in them regardless. At the end of the day, you need fans/airflow.

Stocks do the job if you do not OC.

The new amd ones do a pretty good job. Pic related no so much.

Attached: shit.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Fuck, that sounds magical. Should I make that my next build?

I've considered towers the only solution for many years and I'm using a tower currently, but I'm having a newfound appreciation for blowers with how hot VRMs are getting these days, and in this example the blower is only 2-4 degrees C behind their (much more expensive) top of the range tower and therefore the best tower money can buy.

Attached: nh-c14s-large.jpg (2895x2729, 518K)

I have this stockshit in my 6600.

Attached: stock shit.png (314x59, 3K)

Yes be my guinea pig. I toyed with the idea but don't like the idea of having to deal with anything going wrong or adding parts. Cable degradation and upkeep. I'd kick myself later I'm sure, but boy would this heatsink be ideal

Towers are easier to create decent airflow with. Blower GPU cards are an awesome example of fans just fucking blowing shit everywhere.

I use a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler with a BeQuiet fan.

Depends on your case, specific use case and CPU.

That's why I started using AIOs.
>put radiator outside to went all the CPU heat straight out
>put fan on CPU block to blow air on VRM