How does the office team at MS justify their size?

How does the office team at MS justify their size?

How much shit can you really add to an office suite?

Why not downsize their team and only make security fixes?

I guess that is their plan with MS moving office to a subscription model, were people have to pay a yearly fee for access, instead of paying for a license for Office "insert version here).

Attached: word-20195bbde4d295b45_600x600.jpg (600x600, 41K)

Why is a text program that I need for my classes so expensive anyway

just ike any other corporation like Facebook or Google, they are there to redesign the app once a year, create shit ton of bugs and then try to fix them

Eh I don't have much use for that sort of thing these days but when I do I just use libreoffice instead.

>this kills the neet

Attached: D237_56_172_1200.jpg (1200x800, 98K)

I went to a shitty inner city 30% poverty rate public school district and every student had their own office 365 login. Now that I'm in uni we all, again, have our own 365 accounts.
What kind of shithole do you go to where you have to pay for office?

Office actually hasn’t gotten a major redesign since 2013
Every version since then is basically interchangeable

Maybe some people like having it on their own machine.

You can download and install all of the programs on your computer.

not gonna lie

neet for some years and I can't drag myself to a serious environment anymore

feels a waste of time and health

it's included in your semester cost

Definitely didn't have to pay for it in public school. MS also hands out 365 logins to colleges like they're candy.

Imagine using botnet software instead of a free, superior alternative like LaTeX/org-mode. You guys are never gonna make it.

They can even hand it out for free to edu institutions for all they care. Reason being that it pays off later. Train the young to use this software and you create vendor lock-in at a very early stage.

>Not using free and open-source office suites that are far superior and don't turn your data into shekels

Why would they downsize their biggest moneymaker you bean counting jew? Despite the lock-in, Office is an excellent product.

cuz they log & steal data, which is why it's banned in several countries.

Office is Microsoft's main cash cow. They have to keep changing shit, so that the alternatives can never catch up.

You pay for it one way or another, you dumb fuck. MS isn't a charity.

>They can even hand it out for free to edu institutions for all they care
But they don't. The edu institutions pay for it (which means the students pay for it).

MS is practically government funded considering how much of their market includes public primary, secondary, and tertiary education as well as other government services

>not having Office 2010 on a CD with a Fresh Windows Installation

just use office online or pirate it

office 2000 master race reporting in

They have to keep adding things or libreoffice and chinkoffice will catch up

Office is just shit anymore. More bloat added (shit you'll never use) yet more shit offloaded to the cloud that actually is useful/will be used instead of keeping it local. But here's the kicker; actual usage of the program has not changed much since the 97 days. The redesign of the menu system in 2007 has been it.

Office 97: double click word icon on desktop, start typing.

Office; 2007: double click word icon on desktop, start typing

Office 2016; same as above.

Long as the version of word (2003+) supports the new file extensions I'd say just keep on using what you got. Or hell even if it don't (new versions are b.c with old extensions).

Attached: bl7vlaq7atx21.png (3776x1833, 1023K)

because they make money, retard
it's called "capitalism"

all systems make money, dummy. The only thing that changes is who benefits from it.

Fuck MS I still use Office 2007. Why? Cause it just works and it matches the look of Windows 7. Pretty much anyone will take a word .doc file. And even if they don't I can save the sucker as a .pdf which is accepted anywhere thanks to the little "save as pdf" plugin for 2007.

Idk, i use libre office and for coding i use kate

you got it all wrong, i was a neet for a while then i worked a job for a yer. then i quit, went back to uni, dropped out and started my own company. office drones end up being 50 haing a mid life crisis. name one famous office worker (non tech).