Antony: We’re still waiting for 10nm desktop CPUs from Intel – can you talk about what caused the delay and how...

forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2019/07/26/intel-engineer-talks-processors-design-testing-and-why-10nm-delay-shouldnt-matter

>Antony: We’re still waiting for 10nm desktop CPUs from Intel – can you talk about what caused the delay and how you’re working to solve these issues?
>Ophir: Unfortunately I can’t comment on those specific points, but I can say that we always wanted to bring 10nm mobile to the market first, which is what you’re seeing now, because mobile benefits more. The lower power consumption the bigger gains you have from performance to battery life.
>I actually have a question for you – why do you think we need to have desktop on 10nm?

Y-y-yeah Intelbros, 10nm desktop doesn't matter h-haha!

Attached: 1507816084827.png (653x726, 84K)

Of what relevance is it to me as an end user?

>"My car has 1000HP, does 0-60 in 3 seconds, and gets 90MPG."
>"BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE 5MM SPOT WELDS LIKE MY COROLLA! IT USES 7MM SPOT WELDS!"

None. None of that shit is. Fantards who will never make use of that info insist on posting to (they imagine) look smart.

This is what happens when you embrace diversity

Because a better manufacturing process does more for performance than 5 years of architecture optimization.

>Diversity BAD
Meanwhile AMD is winning while being led by a female Asian bug

Even Intel admits that their 10nm is a failure. They are going to skip directly to 7nm on desktops.

incel cant even win with jews running the company

thank you intel for being truthful. not like amd releasing chips that hit 1.5v 70c when you open a simple program or move your mouse.

LOL

Why do jews jew themselves into a corner every fucking time? They got used to jewing the goyim and other jews so much that they now have to do it to themselves? What the fuck

Why can't AMDjeets come up with decent insults? Poozen is funny because it refers to the fact that AMD users tend to be brown and poor. Incel is just some gay insult that boomers use on Facebook.

Jews are leeches feeding off money.
They can tank Intel, the puppet US gov will save it and give free money

I legit want to know how Intel got to be such a mess. Can anyone answer? Has to be more than just the shitty diversity hires and greedy jews at the top.

I assume the following line was "the insane power draw your chips require to compete with AMD parts that use half that amount"?

Intel became shit because of complacency as they had no competition for about a decade.
In other words, Intel is shit because AMD was shit for so long, AMD is responsible.

Literally can't make this shit up anymore.

But the only metric that matters there is "performance." The particulars of the manufacturing process don't matter.
It could be on the same 0.8 micrometer process as the 486, but if it performs better than AMD does at 7nm, that's all that matters.

and AMD will continue to be shit which means

>why do you think we need to have desktop on 10nm?
more cores is the best answer

Why can't Intel stop being pozzed shit?

i dont use gaycel nor amgay

idk man jews be jewi'n

The particulars matter if you want to have any kind of in depth discussion on the topic. If you're just buying the chip obviously the real world metrics are all that matter. This is a discussion forum not a decision on what to buy.

>GOYA JUST SHUT UP OKAY?

Progress doesn't MATTER

>Ophir
Pajeet I presume?

nigga how is >ophir pajeet? shit sounds more like german

Typical American education

I sure can't wait for yet another factory overclocked netburst++++++++++ refresh. More speed holes, more electric bill overuse charges, more car radiators for cooling, more terrible scaling to multithreaded workloads, and more Moore's law regression. Go Israel!

Attached: 20190726_191240.jpg (1218x320, 77K)

You should learn how to write things that make sense.

It's literally a jewish name.

Attached: ophir.jpg (262x308, 31K)

>30 posts
>14 IPs

The same mentally ill AMD fanboy again

SOPA

Because i like my high performance desktop to NOT heat my room 10-20 degrees with a 25% shorter life expectancy over comparable, more efficient hardware.

imagine if we saw zen 3 before intel even gets 10nm desktop out. Intel bout to get fucced up in severs

you werent even born when that happened

>I legit want to know how Intel got to be such a mess. Can anyone answer? Has to be more than just the shitty diversity hires and greedy jews at the top.
AMD CEO is an engineer, intel CEOs are generic businessmen. But the main reason is likely that intel didn't want to share its fabs, while smartphone boom gave other fabs billions and billions in sales that dwarfed intel. With the massive revenue TSMC was able to pull ahead of intel in fab tech. Intel could have taken all the business TSMC got from smartphones but instead they tried to get atom into mobile and refused to fab ARM SoCs.
One other thing to remember for decades on end intel was totally dominant in fab process tech, they would routinely screw up but having fabs that were 18 months ahead of all competition saved poor products. I doubt they even know how to function as a company while at a disadvantage with fabs, hence no price cuts.

> why do you think we need to have desktop on 10nm?
They don't, not at these frequencies.

Whoa if you want history, how about go back to when AMD was making competitive processors and intel literally bribed people not to buy them. I say literally since they actually lost a fucking settlement.

>desktop doesn't matter
>mobile doesn't matter

So Intel is a company for gaymen laptops?

ITT user forgets Intel ALWAYS adopts a mobile first strategy precisely because it lets their atrocious yields be usable via core disabling and massive clock regression. 10nm was never going to be desktop first.

Delete this goy

Mobile chips also have the advantage of being smaller but they tend to require working onboard graphics unlike desktop skus

Intel is only focusing on mobile right now because its that one section that they have zero competition.

AMD laptops are garbage and are one generation behind.

Intel's current strategy is to leave the DIY desktop space (they sort of already did since late 2018) and shore up all remaining mobile/laptop and enterprise OEM contracts.

Intel has been mobile first for the last what, 6 years?

It's because the laptop market is eating the desktop one alive as normies prefer portable workstations

True but Intel is mostly known for as a desktop CPU maker

Intel mobile CPUs haven't really progressed since the 7000 series

>Of what relevance is it to me as an end user?
Wouldn't 10nm use less power?

Cooling those high end 9000 CPUs is a challenge right now.

Their only plan was sunny cove on 10nm and without a plan b.
8th gen seem purely reactionary to me desu, if not for the leaks that showed 6 core was on the roadmaps for a while. 9th was purely to combat ryzen though.

>Ford vs Corolla
>Muh name recognition
how's that measuring up. Last time I heard, Ford has bankrupted how many times, while Toyota literally has 70-80% of sales.

>>Because i like my high performance desktop to NOT heat my room 10-20 degrees with a 25% shorter life expectancy over comparable, more efficient hardware.
Then zen2 isn't for you

NOOOOOOOOOOOO IT WAS JUST ONE PERSON SAYING POZZED

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

Intel is a company for diseased streetshitting trannies.

The absolute state of shitel

The wattage a processor requires to perform tasks is what determines how much heat is put into the room.
Go look at the TDPs for intel processors and compare them to intel ones. Protip: the T stands for thermal. Thermal is a term related to temperature. More thermals means more temperature.

Whoops

Attached: 1562530015828.png (632x590, 67K)

Not like this, intelbros...

Attached: 1562666530056.png (1302x688, 73K)

IDF looking pretty pathetic.

so intel has trully cloned amd down to the most stupid ways

>JUST WAIT

The goyim know......

the absolute state

>10nm on the desktop doesn't matter! *NEW*

>I actually have a question for you – why do you think we need to have desktop on 10nm?

Attached: err.jpg (960x686, 253K)

We already have
>10nm doesn't matter

Are you from a dysfunctional family or something?

>intel 7nm superpower 2025

the desktop doesn't matter

It sure as shit will when AMD carves up the server market.

kek

damn it’s gonna feel so good when AMD takes over every market and intelcucks and nvidiafags are stuck in the past

Whole lotta red

Yikes
I don't see that happening until amd learns to do a proper product launch, be it CPU or GPU.

Lower power consumption? You know, the one thing that having a smaller node actually helps with?

If we extend your retarded car analogy, of course most people are gonna get the car that gets more miles out of a gallon as well as being performant. Equating smaller node to something that has no significance to function is absolutely retarded.

Why? They replaced dualcore 7xxxu i7 with 15w 4-cores, they introduced 6- and 8-core 35-45w mobile cpus.

I can buy a 5700xt and 3900x whenever i want fag

They're not. Process tech is iterative, and intel is still using Trigate FinFETs at 7nm.
If they can't produce good yields with 10nm Trigates they aren't going to be able to miraculously shit out even smaller 7nm Trigates which require more exposure steps and are exponentially more complicated.

i don't get it
isn't the manufacturing process the biggest factor to performance gains

>If only you knew how bad things really are

Aside from the economic aspects of cost and profitability of an IC, the process node contributes to power consumption and clockspeeds. The architecture itself determines perf per clock. The biggest performance gains tend to be from architectural improvements rather than pure clock speed increases. At least in recent years.

Asians are considered less diverse.

>10nm can't do the same clocks as 14++++ (lower perf)
>density improvements = wider core design with higher ipc (higher perf)
>e.g. +18% ipc on sunny cove but 20% clock deficit = no perf gain

>+18% ipc on sunny cove but 20% clock deficit = no perf gain
I doubt it's that bad, it doesn't clock as good as 14nm but at this points it's probably more about yields than anything else.

With jews. You lose.

Attached: ff.jpg (800x685, 35K)

Sort of. Smaller is generally more energy efficient (shorter distance for the signal to travel -> less energy used) which eventually does lead to better performance at the same amount of energy expended. However, smaller also means higher energy density, which becomes a problem with high performance chips. That's why zen2 dies run at high temperatures, and Intel will likely have similar issues with their 10nm desktop chips.

based

In the past node shrinkage let you play with more transistors under a constant die area and higher frequencies. But with the collapse of Dennard scaling the latter is no longer the case. Actually, we now have frequency regression due to parasitic resistances and capacitances, and smaller dies due to increasing importance of a smaller reticle limit and impurities. Transistor density is only one part of the performance equation.

We still have 5nm coming soon
And 3nm
And 2nm

The exact density of those processes are still unknown.

Samsung
5LPE
Transistor density (MTr/mm2) 126.53

TSMC
N5
Transistor density (MTr/mm2) 171.3

OYYYYYYYYYYYYYY VEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>I actually have a question for you – why do you think we need to have desktop on 10nm

Haha wow massive butthurt. I'm an AMD owner, but he's totally right, why do we need 10 nm when the performance is the thing that matters and in many cases performance per watt or per dollar, these are the only metrics that really matter, along with compatibility, and Intel does well with all of them!

He just sounds super butthurt is all.

Why the fuck would you WANT to buy a 5700XT though

>literally "10nm doesn't matter"
can't make this shit up

Wait for Intel 7nm superpower

'Cuz you can't afford a 2080/VII but think the extra performance over a 5700 is actually worth it (its not). With few exceptions the best AMD gpu to buy is the step-down from the flagship as AMD tends not to gimp it as hard as Nvidia does.

Wait for sekrit sauce
Wait for 10nm
Wait for 40% better IPC

pretty much this

jews are not innovators. Their only talent is exploitation and deal making. -or number crunching.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And Intelshitters will eat it up.