Should I wait for Intel's 10nm launch or just get the AMD Gen 3 stuff? I don't buy computers often...

Should I wait for Intel's 10nm launch or just get the AMD Gen 3 stuff? I don't buy computers often, so this will probably be my computer for six years.

Attached: 812c588dd25bd406c1c5233758d45de5.jpg (959x1200, 94K)

>wait for 10nn or buy 7nn now
do you know how stupid you sound?

Intel 10nm superpower 2177

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not well-versed in the topic.

As I understand it, AMD isn't a bad option right now but if Intel is right around the corner with something great I'd rather wait. That's why I'm asking Jow Forums, who I hope knows more about this than a random like me.

Attached: 1555024679145.jpg (875x1200, 81K)

envision the scent

it will be over a year before intel 10nm desktop chips are out

Are you buying a laptop? Because intel desktop 10nm will launch in 2022.

Nobody knows how well intel 10nm chips will perform, how they'll be priced, or when they'll release.

Oh, really? They're not going to respond to AMD for a whole year?

can you even envision

get zen2 now, if you want to wait get zen3 or 4.
more likely than not intel will skip 10nm completely except for low power mobile chips. they don't have the yields and even if they did they'll be seeing a clockspeed regression and at best 10% IPC uplift.
By the time intel gets to their 7nm AMD will easily be on zen 4 or 5, likely on 5nm, ddr5, pcie5, comfortably beating intel on every front.

They can't manufacture large chips yet and it probably doesn't clock well.
The next generation Intel chips will come out early next year and be yet another 14nm refresh. The same as what they're selling now but slightly better performance and prices.
It's going to be at least a year and a half before 10nm is on the desktop.

This sounds like Intel really stumbled behind. I remember when I bought my computer almost ten years ago they were kings.

they stumbled really bad.

To be fair the current generation Intel parts are fine if you're willing to sacrifice every other metric for a few percentage points of gaming performance. There's also still some software that favors skylake over zen.

Shit. I never buy intlel but am not too happy about having zero competition.

I guess it would help to elaborate a bit on how I use my computer.

I mostly do work with Excel, ArcGIS, and then play games. I don't stream or do any content creation outside of the aforementioned GIS maps. I've never owned an AMD system before.

get a 3600

Reminder that Intel has 10nm mobile parts that shit on AMD's fastest processor.

Attached: morecores.jpg (700x875, 72K)

>tripfag
>intelaviv shill
checks out

post a real world benchmark

Okay, but aren't these environments different--mobile vs. desktop?

This is the result he's talking about.

Attached: leaked_ice_lake_u_score_1_pump_the_hate_brakes_thanos-100802621-orig.jpg (1701x987, 150K)

and part 2

Attached: leaked_ice_lake_u_score_2_pump_the_hate_brakes_thanos-100802620-orig.jpg (1699x983, 147K)

FIRST 7NM CPU IS APPLE A12

SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFF OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. CURRY???

>wait for 10nm

Attached: [Erai-raws] Ulysses - Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi - 01 [720p][Multiple Subtitle]_00:17:16_03.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

>Intel is right around the corner
10 years that they keep saying that 10 nm is around the corner
10 fucking years

10nm parts are nowhere to be seen, in fact intel's next releases are almost certainly going to be 14nm AGAIN. Just go zen 2 now, it's a great release, no need to wait.

With Zen 3 next year, and Zen 4 (New socket, DDR5, PCIe 5.0) in 2021, i've plenty of reasons to wait.

Don't fall for the Just Wait(tm) meme. This isn't the 90s where the next wave of products will completely push the last gen parts into obsolescence, so it doesn't really matter whether you wait or get something right now.

Attached: 1533927465159.gif (754x370, 2.68M)

Unironically this. In the 90s new parts would be twice the performance of something released last year, it was a nutty time.

Ice Lake U are already being launched and shipped (10nm Laptop), and from leaked benchmarks (dunno how much I trust them) they trash Zen 2

post the in store prices leaf

Waiting depends on your current hardware and if it suits your nerds.
If you have Zen+ or 8th/9th gen intel (or a 2600K) then you probably don't need to upgrade unless you have some really niche needs. You SHOULD wait until you NEED to upgrade or until you feel your stuff is genuinely becoming obsolete.
People who upgrade every fucking release are some of the most retarded people on the planet.

I had a dream last night where a black girl with a nice butt was begging me to fuck her. Just standing away from me and shaking her butt in the air while prone. Man it was good. I can just see it in my minds eye.

Perfect tushy, no cellulite ass, just perfect smooth soft skin.