I'm considering making my own browser as a side project, should I use C++ or Go?

I'm considering making my own browser as a side project, should I use C++ or Go?

Attached: 2ch browser.jpg (1133x844, 722K)

Use Fortran

use whatever youre most proficient in you fucking retard
jesus christ

Just do what any other sane person does and fork an old version of webkit.

years of working with pajeets got me to the point where Java is my best language, I'm trying to branch out to something that's not a slave to a virtual machine

Assembly.

Use rust

Use brainfuck

Use English

Be based and use C.

I think you've been doing java backwards. The JVM should be your bitch

Go.

Attached: 1562531985270.png (496x403, 7K)

What browser is that?
Looks comfy.

it's some browser that is made specifically for browsing 2ch, which was my inspiration

Do you have Github or a t.me channel? I wanna keep track. Also please make it look exactly like this, don't screw it up with a flat modern design.

Make a new language as a side-on-the-side project, manlet.

just use vb.net and a webbrowser object lmao why do all that extra work?

A browser is basically an operating system. All low level rendering should be done in Rust, All high level dynamic/concurrent memory management should be handled in Go.

As someone who works with F90 regularly, you're a cunt.

this
work smart fucking chimp

c++ and wxwidgets
i plan on using this combo myself. well, considering how lazy i am probably python and wxpython.

The reason browsers suck is because none of them have their own compiler. Write the compiler first, with the browser in mind, then the browser will simply fall into place.

Holy C of course

Electron :^3

I would say C++ but since it's a side project that will never amount to anything just have fun and do whatever you want.

Just being honest you will tinker with it for a while hit a wall where you make little to no progress get bored forget about it and move on. you might as well get maximum value of enjoyment or acquired knowledge from it so it isn't a complete waste of time.

C++ and QT. Lots of the initial ground work is already done for you

bro just use javascript so you get native performance

c# & winforrms

Microsoft Access with some VBscript. You'll have it done overnight

Be functional. Try Scala.

Use Electron

autohotkey

>should I use C++ or Go?
Firefox

There really aren't many good choices for cross platform desktop GUI frameworks these days.
>Electron
>qt and gtk
>JavaFX
>some shit no one's heard of
>

BASIC

Go Ahead

fork a pre-australis version of firefox

Will it be a browser from scratch? Meaning parsing/rendering html/css?
Will you also write a javascript VM from scratch? (if you are going to support it)

If so, (nice), but you are asking Jow Forums on which software to use?
It shows that you are not an experienced programmer, and you are WAY WAY WAY out of your capabilities. Probably some second year university idiot who thinks he can do anything.

If not writing from scratch, and all you are going to do is another chromium interface, then again good for you for trying to gain experience and learn.
Just keep it a personal project, the world doesn't need another bare-bones shit and useless browser made by some kid. And keep your smelly code out of the public, no one is going to want to read that shit.

If its between those two then C++.
Why the fuck would anybody invest time into being googles bitch and relying on them for security patches etc?

Kotlin.

>tfw there is no way to get into the browser market anymore unless you're a billion dollar company because the fucking Web DRM shit passed

this but unironically

noob

this

NOT CROSS PLATFORM

Ada on SPARK

This. Go full .kkrieger and make the executable as tiny as possible then load everything in RAM when it runs.

Attached: 1500534496298.png (272x448, 239K)

/thread