Finally get windows 7 working with my 9900k

>finally get windows 7 working with my 9900k
>find out that freesync on nvidia cards dont work on 7

Welp, its over. I give up. The botnet won.

What's the guide to the LTSC versions or whatever they were called and what to block in hosts for telemetry shit?

Attached: ctr_082.gif (576x400, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328?lang=en
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#fc7f8c83a23b
linustechtips.com/main/blogs/entry/1102-resources-for-disabling-windows-7-8-10-telemetry-data-collection/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no freesync > windows 10 bloatware and input lag

>find out that freesync on nvidia cards dont work on 7
>Welp, its over. I give up. The botnet won.
Maybe it works on Windows 8.1. Try that before giving up.
>and what to block in hosts for telemetry shit?
Nothing. It means nothing. It does nothing. Don't even bother.
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328?lang=en
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#fc7f8c83a23b

>Maybe it works on Windows 8.1. Try that before giving up.
I wish that was the case but its 10 only.
>Nothing. It means nothing. It does nothing. Don't even bother.
Fucking hell, this is damning. I really love freesync but I guess I'm just gonna have to give it up. If only amd had a card on the level of a 2080/ti then I'd ditch this shitty 2080. Thanks for the heads up.

>If only amd had a card on the level of a 2080/ti then I'd ditch this shitty 2080. Thanks for the heads up.
I mean, you don't exactly need the best GPU money can buy at this point for gaming. You could've bought a free sync monitor instead. They're more common and less expensive of a purchase than a top of the line GPU.

Why isn't there a Windows 10 that doesn't suck donkey dick? Surely someone has to care

Am I the only person who doesn't notice - and when I do - doesn't mind tearing?

10 is too locked-down and hidden behind a lot of proprietary shit to give it the WINDOWS 10 GONE-TO-11 GOLD EDITION [IPTORRENTS EDITION].mds treatment that XP and 7 got. The telemetry simply can't be blocked at an OS level fully, and is there by design, so doing it via your router likes to make it think there's no internet once in a while - it absolutely expects you to be online at all times. I've seen a couple ambiguous "modded" 10 iso's that claim to be minimalist and clean as fuck, but I can't find them, I've seen them linked once in a while, but I have no idea if they're worth it, as they're probably on some ancient version

After using variable refresh rate for a year it really is hard to go back

Install gentoo

>The botnet won.
You know Windows 7 is botnet, too, right?

Mark Burnett's tests are flawed, Microsoft's word can't be trusted and that video is more than 3 years old and only shows a closed source program that clearly doesn't do its job correctly.

>What's the guide to the LTSC versions or whatever they were called and what to block in hosts for telemetry shit?
linustechtips.com/main/blogs/entry/1102-resources-for-disabling-windows-7-8-10-telemetry-data-collection/

Instead of using OOSU10 or Spyware AntiBeacon, Wpd.app might be a better choice.
For more information, go to

>Mark Burnett's tests are flawed, Microsoft's word can't be trusted and that video is more than 3 years old and only shows a closed source program that clearly doesn't do its job correctly
I don't really care since I recommended everything other than using Windows 10. And I'm certainly not going to install it on my machine either.
>Instead of using OOSU10 or Spyware AntiBeacon, Wpd.app might be a better choice.
I mean, it's pointless - there's no version of Windows without outright telemetry and as far I know all these supposed fixes get reverted when it updates and bloat gets reinstalled. Why even bother? Whatever 7 and 8.1 might have, it's nowhere near as bad as Windows 10.

does freesync on AMD cards work in win7? I'm about to make a new build which is going to be win7, and I chose the monitor specifically because it had freesync.
don't fucking tell me it doesn't work, I'll have a heart attack

>there's no version of Windows without outright telemetry
Yes there is. The Chinese Government Editions and Windows 10 AME don't have telemetry at all.
And even though LTSB/C might have it, you can just block it.

>and as far I know all these supposed fixes get reverted when it updates and bloat gets reinstalled.
Which is why you use any LTSB/C which only gets security updates.

>Why even bother? Whatever 7 and 8.1 might have, it's nowhere near as bad as Windows 10.
They're on equal grounds with Win10 LTSB/C.
7 and 8.1 have updates that add telemetry which you can uninstall, just like you can block the telemetry on Win10 using the hosts file.

well, it doesn't mine you to the extent win10 does and if you go through the lengthy process, they can only collect minimal data

>The Chinese Government Editions and Windows 10 AME don't have telemetry at all.
Yeah, I don't think you'll be able to download that off of a random torrent site. And trusting any Chinese software? Come on...
>7 and 8.1 have updates that add telemetry which you can uninstall
Or better yet - don't even install them or update. Some for WannaCry and similar exploits are fine, but other than that - why bother?

>And trusting any Chinese software? Come on...
Literally used by the Government of the country who requested for MS to remove all bit of telemetry and shit.
You're clearly set to refuse anything I say, so you do you though.

Or better yet - don't even install them or update. Some for WannaCry and similar exploits are fine, but other than that - why bother?
The Point
--------------
You

Just like you can uninstall those updates or not install them at all, you can still disable the telemetry in Windows 10, so the result is basically the same, thus the difference would come down to the OS level, where Windows 10 has better compatibility, a newer version of WDDM, DX12 and such.

I'm not going to judge or criticize your decision of stayin on Windows 7 or 8.1, that's honestly alright, I just prefer to be clean and honest about this kind of matters, instead of misleading someone who asked a question.

To each their own. Have a nice day user.

Thanks, but I'm still not installing Windows 10 or buying hardware unsupported on Windows 7/8.1, have a great day!

Attached: 1564232726666.png (898x447, 379K)

How about last gen Ryzen and windows 7?
Did anyone try?

I'm tempted to upgrade my old system with a Linux win 7 combo, only if there's some compatibility.

Or i'll stay with my lga 1156 1st gen i7 pretty much forever. (which is still a surprisingly good setup)

Attached: Intel-Core-i7-860-i7-860-I7-860-I7-860-SLBJJ-Quad-Core-CPU-2-80.jpg (829x839, 763K)

>How about last gen Ryzen and windows 7?
The CPU itself functions fine, but USB ports don't. That's the issue. Maybe it's not the case on Windows 8.1 and with all Ryzen processors.
As far as I know, Intel's CPUs don't have that issue and you can easily upgrade to an i7 2600 (k) or 3770k in the future.

LTSC is objectively better than 7 in every way.

no it isn't
it still datamines the shit out of you and you're naive if you think otherwise
it also still fucks with your settings and takes control away from you
and it uses more resources
I'm not saying it's worse in every way, it is the best version of win10 but the standards aren't exactly high there

Hmm,interesting info, i'll dig into that immediately.

that'll be problematic just for my SDR dongle,but i think i'll find some Linux oriented alternatives.

I'll keep windows 7 mainly for a greater game compatibility.

Again, you do you. I never told you to install Windows 10 anyway. If 7/8.1 do what you want need them to do, there is 0 reason to use 10.

>it still datamines the shit out of you and you're naive if you think otherwise
You're naive if you think you can't block the telemetry.

>it also still fucks with your settings and takes control away from you
LTSB/C? Nah, that sounds like bullshit.

>and it uses more resources
Windows always use a fuckton of resources even when it doesn't need to. Day 1 tweaks are a must if you care about that, whether you use Windows 10 or not.

>I'm not saying it's worse in every way, it is the best version of win10 but the standards aren't exactly high there
That I can agree with. Then again, it's Windows, a product of Microsoft.
It will never be a truly high quality OS because of the scummy practices behind it.
Then again, that's not a Windows 10 exclusive matter.

install LTSC
it's the closest thing we have to 7
it's still botnet, but significantly less so than regular 10
also the only updates you get are security updates, no need to deal with (feature updates)

oh, and if you really can't stand the botnet you can get a raspberry pi, install pihole on it and block all domains even remotely related to microsoft