/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Realme-X-1.jpg (1577x1577, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2019/07/26/samsung-will-give-you-up-to-600-on-trade-in-for-a-pixel-3-iphone-x-note9-or-galaxy-s10-if-you-get-a-galaxy-note10/
gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/redmi-k20-and-redmi-k20-pro-will-not-have-ad-supported-monetisation-what-it-actually-means-2072570
gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/xiaomi-miui-ads-confirmation-1919005
xda-developers.com/xiaomi-miui-ads-hamper-user-experience/
androidauthority.com/xiaomi-miui-ads-906902/
androidauthority.com/xiaomi-ads-business-966584/
mi.com/global/about/privacy/
xda-developers.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-7-pro-official-lineageos-16/
forum.xda-developers.com/k20-pro/development
dxomark.com/google-pixel-3a-camera-review/
youtu.be/WpPw7lUXyI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1533961417755.png (400x1650, 367K)

have sex

hahaha, funny

Pick one

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-27 15-05-24.png (771x266, 45K)

Where's the price tag?

neither, both aren't flagship CPU so they're probably missing something else like OIS

Very similar. It's not an issue.
Pictures aren't a problem. I am not a woman.

Neither

I use ois for filming myself having sex

>up to 600usd off note 10 for trade in

I guess that the s10+ maxes out those, what would the note 9 be at?

androidpolice.com/2019/07/26/samsung-will-give-you-up-to-600-on-trade-in-for-a-pixel-3-iphone-x-note9-or-galaxy-s10-if-you-get-a-galaxy-note10/

Oh damn, never saw the lists. Looks like I will be a fag and upgrade..

Have sex

Why would anyone want to buy the Note 10
it's absolute garbage

Warning sign you're about to get fucked

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-27-12-03-31-562_com.google.android.packageinstaller.png (1080x2340, 99K)

Left, because while I'd prefer a snapdragon, I'm a sucker for OLEDs

Ausfag here what is the best phone in the $400aud tier? ($280usd)

most important feature for me would probably be camera quality. and storage/expandable storage

Attached: DDmXYVzW0AIgYWb.jpg (1350x1350, 205K)

I'm not entirely sold yet. Waiting on camera specs first.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-27 Xiaomi Mi 9 SE 4G Phablet Global Version Gearbest.png (1200x542, 385K)

I was thinking the same also those chips are very similar even SD looks better on paper.

How's the LG v30+?

are there better phones out at its pricepoint?

Do pajeets actually like MIUI or do they buy Xiaomi phones in spite of MIUI just for the competitive price?

MIUI isn't so bad
t. not a Pajeet but too dumb/lazy to install a custom ROM

Pocophone F1

MIUI is more stable than any custom rom. Just debloat it using the Xaomi tool and enjoy your phone. The only reason to go custom is when your phone isn't being updated anymore.

i'm a bit bemused by the phone wallpapers these phone manufacturers choose to hide how big their notches are
from the thumbnails it looks like it has no notch at all and you can tell which companies are thinking
>well, there's a notch so deal with it (google with white pixel 3XL, xiaomi with poco)
while other companies are like
>hide the fucking shame and hope people fall for it (apple, samsung, LG)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-27 LG G8s ThinQ (Dual Sim 4G 4G, Pre Order ETA 05 08, 128GB 6GB) - Black Teal - [ (945x649, 355K)

they buy xiaomi phones because they are cheap. If you have used MIUI then you'd know that it's absolutely shit filled with chink ads. They outright say that their marketing strategy is to sell devices for cheap but the trade off is that their users won't be able to avoid ads. Xiaomi users are cucks

Haven't had a single ad on any of my Xiaomi phones. Not everyone here is a pajeet.

if you have used MIUI, which clearly you haven't and just want to shit on it, you'd know that you can easily disable the ads. It's not hard to do.

gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/redmi-k20-and-redmi-k20-pro-will-not-have-ad-supported-monetisation-what-it-actually-means-2072570
gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/xiaomi-miui-ads-confirmation-1919005
xda-developers.com/xiaomi-miui-ads-hamper-user-experience/
androidauthority.com/xiaomi-miui-ads-906902/
androidauthority.com/xiaomi-ads-business-966584/
Just some links off of first page on google search "xiaomi ad business model"

One positive thing I can say about MIUI over Samsung is that they don't include their own chink app store on the global versions, unlike Samsung which keeps trying to force the Galaxy app store and wasting storage space and battery on all their phones.

Even your own linked sources say that the ads can be disabled by the user. Besides, the real money for Xiaomi is getting users into their overall ecosystem and selling them rice cookers and scooters and air purifiers.

>it's absolutely shit filled with chink ads
I disabled them. It's not hard. Learn to use the tools we all know about.

isnt that only in india?

>doesn't know that their data are going straight to chink servers
You deserve everything that will happen to you in near future.

Attached: 1564217706586.jpg (1400x1050, 569K)

how much storage do you guys use in your phones?

What about data going to gook servers with Samsung or kikes with Google?

I have 128GB storage and 32GB micro-SD card for storing backup of my phone.
I have about 100GB free in internal storage. I am thinking about getting a better card because I bought this card like ten years ago and it was a cheap one too.

110gb, including everything.

Mi9T / Redmi K20

is there a smartphone without a camera on the market?

Pajeets are literally making MIUI custom ROMs for non-Xiaomi phones so they can have MIUI, that's how much they like it.

So what's the deal with the Mi 9 SE? It looks really good on paper but I hardly ever see anybody mention it.

it's a very good upper midrange smartphone. If you want a somewhat compact phone it's a great choice.
the regular Mi 9 is "only" 70 USD more expensive tho, if you don't care as much about the compact size it might be the better choice, it has the better processor and wireless charging, also a better camera
both don't have headphone jacks tho

Yeah, one of the reasons I like it is the size. I suppose you are right and most people end up going for the regular mi 9 or 9T but that doesn't mean the SE is bad.

For 50€ more you get the Mi 9t which has a better camera, no notch and a 4000mA battery

There's no point on buying the SE

how long do you use your smartphone?
I hear some people change quite often but i prefer to use the same one for 4 years at least.

Samsung A20 or M20? I want to buy a decent phone for my dad. pls Help

>A20
You answered your own fucking question. No. Literally get a Xiaomi or something. Anything will be better than A Samsung meme

Hint: if you have a Xiaomi phone, set your region to an EU country:
mi.com/global/about/privacy/
>If you are Europe Union user under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal information. We shall consider the grounds regarding your erasure request and take reasonable steps, including technical measures, if the grounds apply to GDPR.

>If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, you have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing your personal information. We shall consider the grounds regarding your restriction request. If the grounds apply to GDPR, we shall only process your personal information under applicable circumstances in GDPR and inform you before the restriction of processing is lifted.

>If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.

>Whenever Xiaomi shares personal data originating in the EEA with a third party which may or may not be a Xiaomi entity outside the EEA, we will do so on the basis of EU standard contractual clauses or any other safeguards provided for in the GDPR.

>If you use our products and services in the European Economic Area (EEA), Xiaomi Singapore Pte. Ltd. will act as the data controller and be responsible for the processing of the data.

Singapore has some of the strictest privacy protection laws in the world, so if it ever turns out Xiaomi has been doing something improper with your data they'll be fucked in the ass legally by both the EU and Singapore.

Is the Mi9T durable?
If not what is a good phone that will last and can withstand some dust/water/dropping

Has no one here read that Xiaomi allows bootloader unlocking and is ironically one of the most developer friendly manufacturers at this point? You don't have to keep using MIUI, as there are custom ROMs available for almost all of their phones and it's very easy to install them. Even better without gapps and with microG.

>gapps

Have a K20 Pro with chinese MIUI, preinstalled with google services. It's almost like Xiaomi encourages you to use google hmmmmmmm

So... Other than Pixel 3A, which mid-tier phones can I get with superb cameras?

Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi K20, Mi9, Honor 20, Zenfone 6, Mi9 SE. Pixel 3A camera is shit.

>it's almost as if proprietary OEM firmwares include Google Play Services, bloat and various telemetry software
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Guess what, since you can't read - you don't have to take this if you happen to have a Xiaomi phone.

>Google banned in china
>Chinese MIUI running on a Chinese K20 Pro bought in China
>Being able to pick and choose which shit to install

Literally only have play games (for game saves) and play store installed. You're the guy that can't read.

>Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro is now officially supported by LineageOS 16
xda-developers.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-7-pro-official-lineageos-16/
Regular RN7 next?

here, xiaomi does not have distributor warranty. and, sellers are bunch of piece of dick bastards. They don't fix, if I happen to have a problem with the device.

The lowest Samsung A series you should get is the A50 t b h

Where is here. They won't have manufacturer warranties for countries they don't officially have a store in.

Not even. None of the A series are worth getting

Galaxy A40 is decent if you want a cheap compact phone (

Why note the regular Note 7? the Pro costs 100 USD more, for that price you can almost get a Mi 9 SE.

I don't know who the fuck talked about Chinese K20 Pro except you now.
And guess what retard - here, you don't have to keep using MIUI even if you have the K20 Pro. Not to mention that most retailers in China install Google Play Services if you so choose.
forum.xda-developers.com/k20-pro/development

Smaller price difference in India, there RN7P is more popular than regular RN7, and it's mainly pajeets who're making custom ROMs now.

How's Pixel 3A camera shit?

Hey dumbcunt, this is what I said

>Have a K20 Pro with chinese MIUI, preinstalled with google services. It's almost like Xiaomi encourages you to use google hmmmmmmm

You're the fucker that replied

I suckered myself into buying Galaxy S10 Plus. Buyers remorse ;(
I'll be paying for it for 23 more months.
Just didn't want to shell out the whole price at once. Really wanted a Huawei P Smart 2019. Would have cost me one tenth of the price for this one.

retard

>I'll be paying for it for 23 more months.
being this much of a cuck

it's like you don't even read /spg/

>Pixel 3A
Low end sensor, no telephoto 2x optical zoom, no ultrawide. DxOMark has it at 100 which really isn't that great compared to the Mi9 etc.

>dxomark.com/google-pixel-3a-camera-review/

Plus, the camera is the only semi ok thing there.

Wow. Never get into a "contract"

Yeah, at least there is no operator lock.

Welp, there goes my LG G4, almost 4 years of heavy usage, Damn good phone.

What should I get to take its place? Preferably something that will last for a few years. I've heard LG phones are pretty garbage nowadays.

Is there a big difference between the cameras on the Xiaomi Mi 9 and the Mi 9t?Or are they the same?

Thanks! :D

Slightly different, Mi9T has a lower res 2x optical iirc, and the software isn't as good. But it's not too different.

My HTC U11 Life developed a screen blotch. That's why I bought the Galaxy S10 Plus. But I have learned one thing at least, even if a phone is "waterproof" don't bring it into the bathroom while you shower...

*breathes in*
Oh no no no no
>nigger reviews k20 pro
>complains about selfie camera pictures quality being bad due overexposure
>it's actually because the camera is not designed to take pictures of blacks, only whites, asians and light mutts.
Based chinks, literally the 1488 phone
youtu.be/WpPw7lUXyI0

jesus
today's standards aren't going to be the same 2 years from now and processors aren't scaling linearly
you're paying your stupid tax for the next 2 years god fucking damn

oh that makes sense
i read the comments earlier and everyone said he had a defective unit but of course, it overexposes to compensate esp the pic where his white friend and dog were in the background

My lock button on Redmi Note 4 is registering double click or not registering click at all, 50% of the times. I opened up phone and cleaned with alcohol cuz dust but didnt help.
Im using gestures instead and double tap and fp sensor so dont need it much, but question is, will it die?

I only wish there was some way I could sell it but they'd probably see it as fraud.

Do you replace your phone every 2 years?

is gearbest safe?
the mi9t 128gb costs 270€ right now

Surely it can take selfies of dark skinned people, the pajeet market is extremely important to Xiaomi after all. Maybe he accidentally switched off HDR for the front cam?

K20 pro / 9t pro sadly doesn't support band 20 on the local 4G network of my provider. Any other recommendations along that price range, that do support it?

Forgot pic

Attached: Screenshot_20190727-144210_Firefox_Preview.png (1080x1920, 191K)

i personally don't since i'm a minimalist but seeing these budget phones being so cost effective hits me with the itch where i want to buy a pocophone-like affordable "flagship killer" and just go to town on it and constantly change like people already do with their redmi notes
honestly the only thing that's held me back is the notch

no
but it will be very painful

yes

if a phone doesn't support the band b32 of my provider will I miss out?

in any case, there needs to be more attention given to dudes who do indepth reviews who use it everyday for a month before posting their youtube reviews
i get why yotube features people like unbox therapy/MHBKD/linus but they're just shilling and influence people way too much

It behaves like this for more than 7-8 months, painful indeed

Wow, a oversaw something, please shoot me in the head now... Jesus... But hey, good thing you're ignoring what I've been trying to get to you. Whatever really, don't bother replying.

Anyone heard of the fingerprint sensor locking up or force rebooting a phone?
My out of warranty phone seems to do that at random intervals if I use the fingerprint sensor in any way.

get a new phone, it's time
i'm also using a note 4x, it's showing its age with these new apps but apart from weird wifi dropouts when it's too close to other devices using wifi or something it's perfect

I don't think you'll miss B20 much considering all other bands are supported. If you want B20 then Mi 9T is the closest alternative, or you could wait for the proper global version Mi9T Pro with B20.