Ah, yes, Ryzen the Intel "killer"

Ah, yes, Ryzen the Intel "killer".

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 1.13M)

Wait for Zen 3

Attached: 1563884155644.jpg (960x960, 212K)

Wait for Zen 5

Zen 3 I said

Attached: 966841.jpg (213x165, 12K)

>video games
Who cares

Come back next fall when both new consoles release and the AAA are free to move to Ryzen.

Wait for Deathzen 99

Heh... imagine being the seething Intcel mad enough about wasting her money on Coffin Lake that she started spamming this all over the place.

i3s outperform zen 2. they just aren't included in charts because they're so bad you wouldn't expect anyone to have actually bought them.

>taking this principled technologies tier faggot seriously

how is the 9400f ahead of the 8700k. that has to be bullshit.

Stock clocks. Stock clock for 9th gen is higher

this chart is just completely wrong and a i5-9400f boosts to 4.1Ghz while a i7 8700k boosts to 4.7Ghz so it has nothing to do with stock clocks

Attached: image.png (1132x697, 226K)

Looks like AMD unboxed didn't get their cheque from AMD this month

Test

hahahaha intel fags are pathetic

90% of this board unfortunately

Did you watch the rest of the video? The 3600 is on average 6% faster in gaming workloads. With the exception of outliers like Far Cry 5, with uses a very old, very single threaded engine, the 3600 obliterates the 9400F in every other workload, including gaming. The 9400F is cheaper, though.

cherry picked gaming results are the “we wuz kangs” of intel shills

Attached: 770568CF-1272-4FB8-99FB-2FB0C711D150.jpg (1080x1243, 182K)

Imagine building a pc in 2019 and still buying intel lmao

>upgrade every year
>undervolt
>flash GPU bios
>overclock
>get fast (read magical) RAM
>expensive cooler
>extensive tweaking of their system
>play mental gymnastics that they dont need features in games/boycott games that implement them
>cherrypick benchmarks all day to find the few rare occasions when AMD is only slightly behind to argue cost/performance

>Just to prove to strangers on the internet their hardwares aren't inferior to intel and nvidia

How do AMDrones live with themselves?

Based as FUCK

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (407x506, 465K)

>Cherry picking this hard when even the person who ran the benchmark said it was a outlyer

Attached: S5GoaXq.jpg (192x286, 14K)

>15 more frames a sec for more money

>hurr the superiority or inferiority of one's computer is a reflection one's character and personal value

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Attached: Screenshot_20190716-093305.png (1280x720, 332K)

THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEAL

Attached: Screenshot_20190716-093341.png (1280x720, 309K)

90% of this board wouldn't be able to afford a 9000 series CPU anyways

AMD still can't reach the same level as a decade old architecture
Pathetic

Attached: CSGO_0.png (1373x1413, 55K)

You could just link to this thread

>cheaper
I paid a little more than half of what a 3600 is for my 9400f, brand new.

I can get my 9400f to all core at 4.0. All six cores, for $128.

What about compile times?

>9400f > 8700K
how is this a valid benchmark? why would you include broken garbage like this?

>upgrade every year
that's because they aren't releasing the same gimped cpu for the N time. btw no need to upgrade, but at least you don't need to change the mobo too
>undervolt
what are you talking about?
>flash GPU bios
no purpose in doing that, unless you are going to mine meme coins, same for novideo
>overclock
now overlooking capabilities are bad
>get fast (read magical) RAM
cpu cost way less, but you spend few $ more on better ram. how will you ever recover? also, intlel befenifits from faster ram too
>expensive cooler
stock cooler has better performances compared to intlel's one. aftermarket coolers have the same prices for ayymd and intlel versions
>extensive tweaking of their system
no need to, but having more tweaking capabilities is always a good thing
>play mental gymnastics that they dont need features in games/boycott games that implement them
trading 2% less gaming performances for twice the cores at the same price? doesn't require much mental gymnastics
>cherrypick benchmarks all day to find the few rare occasions when AMD is only slightly behind to argue cost/performance
pay way less and get a bit less. you don't need a benchmark to understand it's a good deal
>Just to prove to strangers on the internet their hardwares aren't inferior to intel and nvidia
not different from you posting this thread every day to deal with buyer remorse
>How do AMDrones live with themselves?
with a working pc and more money

>that's because they aren't releasing the same gimped cpu for the N time
The Zen 2 lineup is literally the same chip with gimping to create an artificial market segmentation (with the exception of the 3900x).
It's so badly executed that nothing is worth it besides a basic 3600 or a top of the line 3900x

>Zen 2 lineup is literally the same chip
as what? Zen? Are you fucking retarded?

That's because their silicon quality is inconsistent garbage despite claiming to have insane yields

>I don't understand the basic process of defect and clock binning which has been employed by every chip maker ever for the entirety of their existence
Grow a brain, moran..

7nm is a super expensive and low yield node. AdoredTV is the only retard out there to ever claim the opposite of reality here.

>gaymers

>7nm is a super expensive and low yield node.
then how can amd sell ryzens at such a good price?

>this kills the jew

Attached: shintel.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Steve does state that, to paint 9400F in the best light he possibly could, he paired it with a z370 board and a pair of 3200mhz cl14 ram, so the overall build is a whole lot more expensive than yours and significantly more powerful. In the ends, it's 20% cheaper and 33% less powerful than the 3600 build. So the 3600 build is still more powerful than 9400f and your build doesn't even reach the demonstrated 9400F performance. In other words, you're misleading at best and lying at worst.

hardware unboxed is a seething AMD fag.

Attached: 1522256128163.png (375x424, 190K)

Ryzen desktop SKUs are made from the dies which failed to quality for the Epyc line. anything they make from desktop sales will be better than just throwing the dies away.
Look at the extreme degree of variation seen in silicon quality between the two dies on the 3900X. Thats the result of clock binning yields being all the fuck over the place. You wouldn't see that happening if TSMC was giving AMD 70%~ known good candidates per wafer. More complexity in lithography means more variation in things like fin height, and more variation in fin profiles among other things means clocking characteristics are more inconsistent.

The Threadripper 3000 line being removed from roadmaps and then delayed is also the direct result of AMD seeing poor yields with the chiplet. Which they would have expected from the onset. The chiplet design is something done to cope with low yields first and foremost.

>2% less gaming performances

Keep telling yourself that champ.

>all the Intel benchmarks are with expensive HSF
>all the AMD benchmarks are with stock HSF
>acting surprised that the Intel CPU is ahead a few frames
If you slap an expensive HSF or water cool your Ryzen CPU it can sustain higher frequencies and for a longer duration; therefore, these tests are flawed from the start. Never mind the fact that the Intel CPUs cost more (in most places). Why would you pay significantly more money to get 7% higher framerate (at best) in SOME titles? Enjoy being a threadlet, corelet.

okay so how do we stop amd?

based

now show us those frametimes.

What?
Nothing is going to fix this issue. Its unlikely that non EUV 7nm will ever see significantly improvements. 7nm EUV is a good stop gap. The situation at 5nm should dramatically improve given the substantial decrease in exposure steps, like 75 vs 59, and the inclusion of new functional pellicles.

>AMDrones
>more money

Pick one.

???

Attached: 1.jpg (842x369, 99K)

i mean how do we stop amd from using high quality silicon in epyc only that kind of fucks over the end user intel doesnt do that

Intel can afford to have totally different dies for each market segment. They even have different process variants specialized for each as well.
AMD has one primary die they repurpose for multiple market segments to save on costs since they're a much smaller company. Enterprise is the highest margin segment. They're always going to use the best silicon for their server chips.

Intels best silicon also only goes to xeon, retard

Now compare it with the 9400F

Intel doesn’t boost all cores so you should be comparing base clocks

where's the ryzen 9????

the 9400f is slower

lol

>15 more fps
>slower

what?

>1080p
I think my grandma still has a computer that uses this resolution

see

>15% slower than the 9400F which is half the price

damn

I m curious about this data . Like what do people buy CPUs mainly . I bet 60% is gaiming

What kind of brain damage do you need to suffer from to buy anything other than the 9400F?

>in one very specific scenario that uses a 10 year old game engine

I'd sure be sour with those 1% minimums
>stuttering doesn't matter! They're only outliers!

Why stop there? You should type more retarded buzzwords, like "unoptimized" and "future proof"

Didn't realise Francois posted in Jow Forums as well

Attached: 1560517141106.png (590x251, 42K)

MOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Attached: 1544667387109.png (813x1402, 324K)

SAVE US FRANCOIS!

Attached: 1560524016573.png (603x224, 20K)

m-m-make AMD pay!!!

Attached: 1562070472903.png (607x895, 126K)

Checked

Their yeilds are insane though. There is a shortage of the 3900x but theres tons of 3600s and 3700xs to go around. Where as intel has a massive chip shortage as it is on their super refined node.

And with intel their chips are only worth it if you absolutely need the most single core performance. But truth is ryzen gives you more threads per dollar (which matters way more everywhere else), and 90% of pc gaymers are gpu bottlenecked anyways. If you have the budget for a 2080ti and dont care about productivity performance, then you should be flat out buying a 9900k. Like srsly who has a 9400f and a 2080ti? Nobody

you don't even need to cherry pick gaming benchmarks to show zen3 is, at best, only on par with equally priced intel chips. that's not even a revelation, we've known that for 3 weeks.

>3600 has 2x performance of 9400f for only $50 more

Idk seems like a waste unless youre on an extreme budget.

Attached: IMG_9250.jpg (1015x571, 169K)

Did you watch the rest of the video? It's right there and Steve specifically calls it out.

>the yields are insane!
You're an absolute brainlet mindlessly regurgitating bullshit from a literal welfare NEET youtube eceleb.

TSMC's 7nm non EUV will never be a high yielding process. Literally never. Its a fucking partial immersion litho node with 75 goddamn exposure steps. Complexity increases defect rate, and every instance of double, triple, or quad patterning exponentially increases complexity.
AMD is not getting "insane" volume on their chipets, or they wouldn't have delayed the entire Threadripper line. If AMD had "insane" volume on chiplets they could clock bin enough fully functional dies to have had the 3950X available at launch, but they didn't, because they couldn't.

>dx11

Attached: 84546546166456.jpg (523x523, 22K)

>they wouldn't have delayed the entire Threadripper line.

I know im replying to bait, but in case anyone ignorant reads your comment I want them to be informed.

Threadripper was not delayed, it always and forever has launched at least 6 months after the desktop cpu launch.

>. If AMD had "insane" volume on chiplets they could clock bin enough fully functional dies to have had the 3950X available at launch, but they didn't, because they couldn't.

Also again I know im replying to bait, but just in case you are retarded let me explain.

Yeilds mean total usable chips. AMD is waiting to release the 3950x because they want to have enough volume of highly binned chips that can do 4.7ghz. Zen as an archetecture just clocks like shit, but at least on 7nm they actually get chips that can go beyond 4.1ghz. Most still don't and thats why we have plenty 3700x's, Just because they don't have high yeilds on their most spec'd out silicon doesn't mean that yeilds aren't good. I mean shit look at how many 5700xt's they're pumping out, and those dies are way bigger than zen 2 chiplets. But hey you're retarded so how could you have known better?

Its insane that anyone ever had the audacity to claim that anything immersion would have high yields given how fucking laughably scooby doo the process is.
Current 7nm offered by TSMC actually has more steps than ASML projected for the node class. TSMC's non EUV is 75 layers.
Full EUV at this node would be only 12.

5nm which is still partial EUV, will be 59 layers.

Attached: 18.jpg (720x405, 108K)

If we're talking non-workstation systems, I'd guess it's a lot higher than 60%. Most people don't even own desktops anymore for personal use.

>tech illiterate retard can't handle facts so he calls it bait
Pathetic, little kid.
The Threadripper line was literally removed from AMD's roadmaps. It was missing for a couple months before AMD gave word on it being confirmed for a 2019 launch.

As for the 5700XT, look at the total transistor count vs the Radeon VII. They have a GPU on their hands that will thermally throttle inside of its own power limit in tons of cases. TSMC still isn't delivering enough dies that'll be stable at a low enough voltage for them to behave as intended. They aren't exactly moving a ton of these either. You don't have any knowledge on this topic whatsoever.

AMD so POWERFUL WTF

Compare the increase in price/performance from the R5 1600 to R5 3600 to the 7600k to 9600k, even though the former uses the same number of cores while the latter has a 50% increase. Now consider AMDs offerings are consistently $40-50 cheaper.

AMDs is innovating every year while Intel has had nothing but delays for the last half decade, and it's highly unlikely they can push 14 nm Skylake any further.

I really hope you are baiting instead of actually being retarded. Lisa su said herself that we'll see threadripper, its already shown up on userbench, theres literally no reason to not expect before the end of the year.

Also I don't even know what the fuck you're on about with that word salad about their GPUs. Power limit has nothing to do with how hot a GPU gets. And its not like the 5700xt has thermal issues anyways, unless you're talking about vii which is a moot point because its a shit architecture and always has been.

>they aren't exactly moving a ton of these

Okay and their yeild are still good enough that they can price them under their nvidia counterparts for the same performance. Not to mention navi is the best clocking gpu architecture we've ever seen. Yeilds are so good with navi that GPUs are basically underbinned and with a real heatsink on them they can do a 300mhz overclock.

Seriously all of your knowledge comes from the ignoredTV faggot pleb, I bet you donate to his patreon. 7nm yeilds are great for the first generation of a node. Look at how good intels 14nm yeilds were first generation, oh wait they were so bad that they skipped an entire architecture. You're fucking retarded kiddo, sorry nobody ever let you know before

This post is extra retarded because A: immersion lithography literally has way way way better yields than anything EUV. Also not to mention that TSMC literally uses ASML machines to make their 7nm processes using DUV and immersion, cranking out 6000 wafers a day.

I seriously don't get it with you tards, If yeilds weren't there prices would be way higher and things like the 3950x wouldn't exist and AMD would be struggling with epyc, which is actually doing better than ever. Even apple has had awesome yeilds on TSMC 7nm,

Cope harder please

>i-immersion is higher yield than EUV
Stop trying to talk out of your ass, you dumb little kid. At no point prior to now has even partial EUV ever been possible at all. Jesus Christ you're so pathetic you must be Adored himself trying to do damage control.

t.indian amd stockholder

>make a post criticising Ryzen
>it mysteriously disappears
Hmm, I wonder why that could be.

Attached: considering.jpg (288x394, 34K)

It's another "overhyped amd product still falls short but children too retarded to learn how marketing works fall for bullshit industry practices" product launch.

The fact of the matter is that Intel has literally TEN times the budget of amd for their processors, and actually spends that money on r&d instead of spending it on marketing material for manchildren to get overly excited about

Shocking truth: Nothing other than Gaming is the driving force for consumers (home users) to upgrade shit unless it breaks. So if you don't game and it ain't broke keep on using what you got. Hell anymore your fucking bottle neck is your piss poor Gigabit home network. Or if want to speed up your rig toss a few SSDs in a Raid 0. The speed jump will keep you rolling for a long time.

>cpu benchmark
>1080p
>max settings
look at this idiot who puts GPU bottlenecks in his CPU test

You realise that the OP is the same thing, right?

The CPU load in the OP is significant enough that you can't bottleneck it with the GPU. That's why that game is such a good benchmark for CPU performance

You could say the exact same thing about AC Odyssey.
Regardless of whatever you're saying, the only thing that's different in each benchmark is the CPU. You wouldn't be seeing such massive differences in performance if the GPU was such a strong bottleneck.

Buy 3600 now and sell it used for 2/3 of its cost when Zen 3 comes out. The 3600 is more then enough for games right now and will be the sweet spot for games until the next gen console come out in late 2020. Looking at ~$60-$70 to own that CPU for 18 months or so. A cost of less than $4 a month.

When Zen 3 comes out I may move up to 8 core or more. Might wait for what comes after depending on AMD's plans and support for AM4.