Russian disinformation general /rdg/

I'd specifically like to call attention to this thread sure, only a fool would take what's written here at face value, but you wouldn't think so with all the replies - 221 so far - unless all the disinformation agents are at it

the blatant spelling mistakes, and the lack of any reference to the said dissertation on the internet or from the school should tip you off

I've said for ages russian disinformation agents are on Jow Forums (obviously Jow Forums and /b/, but less obviously right here on Jow Forums)

they'll probably discredit this by flooding with me accusations of paranoia, but the evidence is so overwhelming, I don't know why the majority is not seeing it

Attached: there is no such academic paper.png (845x777, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1706/1706.01206.pdf
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics
theblaze.com/news/photos-of-children-lying-on-top-of-drag-queen-at-storytime-event-allegedly-taken-down-by-library-after-images-called-out
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

do you still believe gays, trans, liberals, women, indians, minorities are destroying tech? or are you as obsessed as the russians about it? pic related

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-06-28 06-52-48.png (1220x739, 368K)

>muh ebul rushans

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-06-28 06-52-42.png (1077x811, 539K)

Attached: information warfare.png (1132x1033, 219K)

the deception is very skilled

on Jow Forums all they have to do is say "at my workplace ..." then it must be real
make up a story about women, indians, or any other group, and collectively with 20 "testimonies" you have a new "truth"

Attached: russian disinformer job.png (651x721, 47K)

here are some patterns if you weren't paying attention...
2015 Jow Forums didn't look like this

iToddler BTFO
intlel / incel / gAyMD
pajeet
women in computing / koding / roasties
trans / CoC / programming socks
botnet browser/corporations/jews
youtubers
EU / UK / some other country / 5G

why is ...
explain ...
the absolute state of ...
(daily) reminder that ...
> he ...
> greentext
why is this allowed?
what did he mean by ... ?
what's your excuse for ... ?
stop using ...
give me one good reason...
name a better... protip: you can't
what went wrong?
redpill me
X is technology
> just realized
TFW ...
.. whiteboi / white man

best are threads pictures featuring
putin
soviet flag / russian flag / hammer + sickle / ukraine flag
swastikas / nazi stuff / hitler
indians / females / trans / hispanics / blacks
programming socks
pepes/apus (I think they gave up on these after the press labeled them)

the obvious russian stuff seems to poke fun at us, as to say "you're so dumb you can't even notice us"

there are very few genuine tech discussions anymore
in fact I wonder if a lot of this is scripted or paired with AI

Attached: mebbe just a coincidence.png (1349x1808, 1.18M)

I'll try to keep an eye on it. It's not impossible.

>why is ...
>explain ...
>the absolute state of ...
>(daily) reminder that ...
>> he ...
>> greentext
>why is this allowed?
>what did he mean by ... ?
>what's your excuse for ... ?
>stop using ...
>give me one good reason...
>name a better... protip: you can't
>what went wrong?
>redpill me
>X is technology
> just realized
>TFW ...

I'll say that I noticed a couple of these specific ones on other boards too, but I don't think it has anything to do with any disinfo campaign. Like I use "What did he mean by this?" in a joking way a lot because it's funny.

You do realize that this whole "Russian interference" thing has ZERO basis in reality, right? In fact, when Mr. Mueller was asked to produce evidence of it, and he could not, a federal judge was prepared to hold him in contempt of court. What I do suspect is going on,(besides the democrats grasping at straws), is an attempt by the Ukraine propaganda machine to rekindle the cold war between the US and Russia.

-t. Vatnik
Jow Forums and ylilauta are proof enough that Russia cares enough to shit up imageboards

>arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1706/1706.01206.pdf
liberals are retarded and delusional. yes feminists are stupid, it's not a russian conspiracy to make you look bad.

I've browsed a small chan that set up an IP based pinmap to give people a view of which countries are posting, and there were literally two pins slapped directly on the Kremlin. When this was brought up they disappeared forever (started using proxy or something). Tracking via IP is pretty inaccurate but it's accurate enough to be suspicious, and the sudden then disappearance confirms it.

This site existed because of the deletion of /new/, part of the site hosted the recognized /new/ replacement before moot made Jow Forums.

take your meds
ei ylilaudalla ole niin paljoa ryssäbotteja

Anyone can link a random pdf, user, that doesn't mean anything. Organized instances of disinformation requiring significant resources do mean something.

I wish I had an "ignore CIA posters" image for this thread.

Hello dear rusky, dont forget that you are assisting a regime that violates the rights of your fellow Russians every day - don't you feel bad spreading this narrative in the west?

The cold war has been rekindled when you guys annexed a part of a sovereign nation in Europe and the western world had to respond to that.

The Russian interference does exist - my own country (One of the EU members) registers about 44 thousand informational attacks against it every year, and it is obvious to a casual internet user too.

For anyone interested how Russian informational operations are being used to influence the western world you can read the Wikipedia entry of Dugin's "Foundations of geopolitics"
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

Also please take care to look what is happening in this thread - it will get raided soon by the Russian trolls and will receive a lot of attention, also take a look how they will derail any civilized discussion too.

>spelling mistake is now overwhelming evidence of being russian agent
do spelling mistakes mean Im also homohobe nad racist?

schizo thread

saturday
take it easy bro

Attached: 26945.jpg (429x500, 27K)

>implying
You're giving this too much credibility, dude. It has nothing to fo with Russia at all, the Russian government was one of the largest donors to Clinton's election campaign after all. It's purely a reason to #RESIST Trump. By December of 2021 (or 2025) the entire thing will be put to rest and the USG eill quietly accept that Russia did not aid Trump's election.

After then newest """"""scandal""""" is concocted, of course. Gotta keep manufacturing reasons to support the state after all.

>Also please take care to look what is happening in this thread - it will get raided soon by the Russian trolls and will receive a lot of attention, also take a look how they will derail any civilized discussion too.

Like pottery.

Retard, the entire internet is composed of probably 70% false information. From ads to Youtube, very little is real.It would be pointless to exert the effort and resources to further cloud the truth, there's literally millions of mongoloids doing it already, yourself included.

Russian internet disinformation agents do not sleep.

They work every hour of every day, on weekends and holidays too.

Just to destroy our liberal democracy, undermine rights of corporations to implement safe and progressive technologies.

And most importantly to marginalize lgbtiq++ people.

You're confirming his argument by equating youtube ads to international disinformation. I guess murder doesn't matter because "people die all the time anyway".

Why wouldn't I believe it when it's objectively true?

>schizo pointing out another schizo as russians

>why does a poster someone made in microsoft word and then printed off not appear on the internet
Worse schizo post I've seen in a while

My point is, the resources required to amount to anything more than a drop in the ocean of bullshit, are simply not feasible, and there are already retards
doing what the OP is crying about. The entire world is spreading falsehoods, it's not just Russia.

>reddit spacing
>muh russia
kys

Attached: redditspcingnigger.png (960x574, 169K)

That's just the tip of the ice berg.

Attached: cointelpro.gif (1169x993, 139K)

or this perhaps

Attached: 1499709762216.jpg (838x434, 136K)

It is also phone poster spacing due to tiny screens.

Attached: bots.jpg (1349x1488, 285K)

This is true. There's like a fist full of retards and small orgs trying to piss in this ocean of piss.

Attached: spam bots attack.png (641x218, 25K)

it is also russians behind unprecedented antisemitic attacks on intel, rgb lightning, aio coolers and tn panels

and shilling for high core count amd processors, brown/black build color combinations, air coolers and ips panels

anyone disagreeing with this fact based on overwhelming evidence is russian agent

Meanwhile, in reality, Russia has been engaged in cultural deception for generations because it works, and not just in this case. Control of information is important to them, which is why you get robot voiced youtube channels with very similar sounding scripts to each other, for instance.

It doesn't take much for a small group to socially upset a large group if the small group is hard to distinguish from everyone else.

This poster is a chink trying to manipulate people into not focusing on the real new cold war.

Nothing new, but that really doesn't matter.

Attached: WW3 in full motion.png (684x156, 6K)

This meme is retarded. It's to space out your posts so that they are more readable. Do you really want someone to type an enormous wall of text?

Attached: 1524844423549.jpg (396x382, 88K)

>Meanwhile, in reality,
In reality, people live in protective bubbles and echo chambers,they only hear what they want to hear, again, misinformation campaigns would be futile because they would only be preaching to the choir.

if the mods weren't CIA niggers they would B& anyone for saying "have sex"

You sound like one of those people. FYI you're wrong, drop in the bucket is a stupid argument when it's organized and well funded operations with lots of time to spend on any given community.

In reality you have provided false presumptions and made false conclusions from that. Can you tell me how millions of viewers of Sputnik and RT news are not affected by misinformation?

>guy makes a funny shitpost to bait incels and make fun of pajeets at the same time
>Propaganda effort sponsored by the Russian govt

Pick one tranny

>muh the russians
russia is irrelevant today and has been for 40 years

The main difference between right wing and left conspiracy theories is that right wing conspiracy theories are fringe while left wing conspiracy theories are mainstream and all-encompassing for the left.

>The rich have a secret underground city of wealth that will magically make everybody rich if we just seize it!
>FEMA camps look an awful lot like prisons? Pssh, take off your tinfoil hat.

>russian disinformation agents
lefty/pol/ pls go

>I've said for ages russian disinformation agents are on Jow Forums
Only an idiot would argue otherwise. I mean they even shit up /tg/ as well.

You're a dumb-ass, dude. If you're old enough to lurk this site, and you haven't figured out that you've been lied to, your enough life, or that, you, your self, are a liar, then I don't know how to break the bad news to you. The world revolves around lies of varying degrees. Short of something like China's firewall, you couldn't make enough noise to be heard above it all.

What about NATO-Western disinfo agents accusing Russia of engaging in all kinds of disinformation operations?

>I'd specifically like to call attention to this thread
At least mods decided to autosage it. Better than nothing.

To this day I still don't know what the fuck is lefty/pol/. The /leftypol/ board on 8ch is minuscule compared to Jow Forums and 8/pol/, so I doubt they can be behind everything they're accused of.

>blah blah blah drop in bucket fallacy
All individuals in a group affect the group and not equally.

nice spacing. I have first hand experience with these e-faggots trying to pozz everything they touch I have no doubts they are retards who can hardly spell.

How do you know YOUR interpretations are not built on lies? It's all relative to your own brainwashing, my friend. Observe real human behavior closely in the wild, see how much of it is not based on reality.

He didn't interpret anything, moron, you pointed out that your interpretation is invalid and then told you to prove your point. You can't.

anyone who doesn't see the Russian interference is an idiot

Hello. What you have said is true, truer than you may be comfortable admitting. The massive corps who control the distribution of information have more effect on the group than you ever will even if you campaigned 24/7 every single day traveling and meeting as many people as you could, passing out fliers, running local ads in the paper, going door to door, talking to everyone who will listen to you on the street and at events.

So you have influence but it is orders of magnitude weaker than collectives. You will never compete solo against a large team because the scaling you are competing with is not linear but exponential.

As per NATO doctrine to fight disinformation you dont accuse someone (it's the Russians that enjoy the whataboutism technique and other logical fallacies) but it is to educate on the ongoing campaigns and inform your population how to spot it.

t. vladimir

If you haven't been called a Russian bot, your contributions to calling out the hypocritical emotional manipulation of the left masquerading as morality (principles are universal rules; if you're constantly aisle hopping on a philosophical question depending on what's convenient for your identity warfare, that's not a moral principle) and picking apart their false narrative (all morality is built on truth, and truth is based on facts and logic; it's not subjective) are insufficient.

I see it. I can't do a lot about it except piss them off.

For example, even former soviet countries like Poland and Ukraine now hate the Russians. Russia is about to collapse again. That's why they're kicking up such a stink right now as they feel attacked, but blaming foreigners won't change the fact they cucked themselves.

>Can you tell me how millions of viewers of Sputnik and RT news are not affected by misinformation?
That's making an assumption as well, jackass. There's plenty of people who sit in front of televisions in this country, who are not influenced by the mainstream media, those numbers are growing by the minute as more and more of what they say is proven false. Again, Russians trolls would be a drop in the ocean at this point.

>The cold war has been rekindled when you guys annexed a part of a sovereign nation in Europe
Literally 30 years ago, Ukraine was still part of USSR and the eastern block. And now Crimea is some kind of sacred artifact of the whole western world ?

Kind of exaggerated

Attached: frontie_re-est-ouest-50ac1-9f550.jpg (750x820, 297K)

>two pins slapped directly on the Kremlin
Yes, I'm sure Putin personally posts on Jow Forums and pays a shitload of money to Kremlin guards to post on Jow Forums (Moscow is an expensive city) instead of contracting some Kazakh gopnik to post from his basement in Dushanbe

>There's plenty of people who sit in front of televisions in this country, who are not influenced by the mainstream media
And now you're doubling back, claiming all misinformation is now somehow irrelevant when before your argument was that individual disinformation isn't able to make itself distinct from other misinformation, and then you try to conflate this with your original argument even though those are contradictory points.

Man you're dumb, and every post you've made so far is wrong. The reality is disinformation is real, useful for its creator, there is a case for it for Russia vs the West.

They destroy everything they touch, not just tech.

Nice try Marklov. Fuck off back to your communist hellhole.

Anyway, how do track these ruskies from trying to disinfo everyone?

Like posting anything on Jow Forums would have any strategical impact. These fucking clowns are so up their own asses, they think they matter outside of their basements.

no they have multiple shifts, and thousands of workers
like call centers and shit

heck I bet they even have an art department
look at all the pepes and image macros we've had over the years. esp the more offensive ones. I can't imagine someone who wasn't paid to do this would spend their spare time churning them out, month after month, year after year

Attached: 2839c9924069ca1c038d39e21749d36e.jpg (600x797, 77K)

You're an idiot, IP based tracking generally gives a location to around a mile around a place, but the Kremlin is huge. Most of the surrounding area is government, including security services who would be posting disinformation.

hey vladimir whats up, you coming to the vodka party?

>And now you're doubling back, claiming all misinformation is now somehow irrelevant
I said from the beginning that people accept lies from everywhere, everyday. Most people are used to it, and filter the world as they see fit. We're all liars, you fucking idiot, deciding one country is a bigger liar, is fucking ridiculous.

i think it's more likely our own corporations and governments have an interest manipulating us than foreign ones.

The only foreign influence not to be spoken of in America at the risk of being put on full blast as an anti-semetic for simply reading factual statements of which groups of people fund special interest lobbyist groups (AIPAC) and manage the majority of mass media content with a clear agenda.

Explain one example of misinformation that is used in USA that will benefit russia if you disagree.

Fuck off hohol...Crimea is lost forever and watch what you do or you lose the whole Southeast. Jow Forums is for tech not hohol-ism

>trying to kill what has no life

crimea belonged to ukraine when krutchev gave it away
if you want crimea, you give something back. territory, money, 40 years of free natural gas. you don't seize it like a brute.

All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;

>I said from the beginning that people accept lies from everywhere

You've puffed smoke from your ass about an unverified fact that is actually disproven by the fact that we exchange information so much as a society. And then you DID double back on it.

Jow Forums is an equal target with just as much value as any other site with a similar population, which is huge.

guys stop responding to the fucking ruskie trolls. we need to focus on a way to start prevent connections from russia

There isn't one, the only real answer is to stop posting Jow Forums shit and to have it banned in sight.

The Kremlin is less than 1km squared in size and your schizo argument still doesn't answer to why would Putin pay a shitload of money for Moscow based le commie haxxors instead of just slapping the job on some Kazakh farmer from Dushanbe, like the KGB (which Putin was a part of) historically did

>Jow Forums is an equal target with just as much value as any other site with a similar population, which is huge.
PFFFFFFFFFFFFT.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Stay deluded, and enjoy your summer in Ukraine.

Christ, if you want general technology discussions just go to einchan.

Most of the brand war stuff is one autist.

Search for ijeet, pajeetOS, intcel, pozzed housefire, one infinite loo.

You’ll see he uses a combination of copy paste and unique replies. You’ll also notice he uses new file names for a lot of the same spam posts too, I guess to make it seem like it’s a different person each time.

>Finds something on google images indexed 6 hours ago
>I found it on google therefore it must have been on the web before that thread that was posted 10 hours ago, and that means it was posted by a boogeyman who lives in my head rent free
Google search still indexes Jow Forums dude, and it takes a few hours for it to crawl through anything that isn't a mainstream site that actively pushes information to google. Living in this kind of fear and hatred isn't healthy for you or anyone else.

This is true, pretty sure they would be using IP's from outside of Russia, too. Using a Russian IP seems like an obvious frame.

Are there Russian astroturfing campaigns on Jow Forums? Undoubtedly. Are there Democrat? Labour? Whatever shortened name the French like to use for Macron's party? Are they concerned with the political direction of countries that are not their own? Again, undoubtedly.

My question to you would be "who cares". Whether they're astroturfers or people who are just posting their own opinions, you interact with them based on the merit of their arguments. If Russian astroturfers are trying to destroy America by making our economy roar ahead, getting us to pull out of wars that have done nothing but drain our resources, and shutting down the left's plans to bribe millions of voter livestock into the country to usher in economic policies that have broken the backs of every nation that's ever implemented them, that's a fucking retarded plan.

They destroy everything.
theblaze.com/news/photos-of-children-lying-on-top-of-drag-queen-at-storytime-event-allegedly-taken-down-by-library-after-images-called-out

>Jow Forums is less important than any equivalent website cause "reasons"

Okay.

>one infinity loo
that's a good, gonna steal that one

no, OP was searching for the title of the dissertation referenced in the post
it doesn't exist.

This.The evil lies within this country, not in Russia.

>Jow Forums is important because reasons
You're so wrong.

Attached: spam1.jpg (1645x2379, 2.34M)

>you interact with them based on the merit of their arguments
Meanwhile one of Jow Forums's most popular boards explicitly exists to shitpost political opinions to ensure this never happens.

Jow Forums is important because it is a site with a large population and the ability to communicate, so yes it is important to a disinformation campaign. You are wrong, while screaming nonsense about AHAHAHAHA Jow Forums INSIGNIFICANT. This sounds exactly like back when everybody claimed nobody had ever heard of Jow Forums while during the same day youtube was redirecting everybody to Rick Ashley on April Fools.

Calm down. You ever hear the phrase "chanspeak"? Most of the people who post here are morons who can only really fit in and hide how bad they are at talking by regurgitating some current popular phrases that they feel resonate with their sentiments. This has been a thing for decades now!
It does not exist YET. If that sheet of paper was posted on a wall at a university, the dissertation reaserach may be ongoing, or about to be presented, but it might not have been published in a place google is allowed to look at the moment.

Okay, either you're a blathering schizo, or you're from Ukraine, or both. Which is it?

These posts reek of vodka