Smartphone Peeves

What are some of your biggest pet peeves with "Modern" phones, I'll go first...
Glass, glass everywhere.

Attached: P30.png (800x2000, 842K)

>Samsung's curved edge
Its fucking garbage, and makes screen protectors not work for shit.
>Bixby button
>phone is bogged down by bloatware after a year
>no one makes cases for people who have dirty jobs.
I work HVAC and I have to clean my phone ports out twice a week to get insulation and dirt out of them

you can't bend your phone if the entire thing is made out of glass

Do they not still make otterboxes with port covers?

>phones vs dirty jobs
This is true, when I finished high school I worked in a sandstone factory for a year or so, after 3 months, my headphone jack was ruined, and good luck getting that shit out...

Boys, first day on the patch? Fucking electrical tape over the ports at work.

my dust resistant 2016 model samsung galaxy s7 edge black onyx edition doesn't have this problem.

>zoomers
>knowing what an electrical tape is
lol

modern smartphones are my pet peeve

It kind of annoys me that I keep getting this error message popup whenever something gets in the way of the camera. I got a case where the edge slightly overlaps the corner and the thing keeps telling me that the phone won't function properly because something is blocking the sensor.

I have a note 8, there is literally nothing wrong with the curved anything just dont drop it and take care of it, the same as anything else you use

The fact that Google and the Android manufacturers seem to think the solution to the garbage that is Android is "throw specs and features at it til it """works""""

Shitty software support on android. They promised that Treble would change everything but now the promised easy updates are pushed back again to 'Project Mainline'.

Samsung can suck a fuck.
I have a Note 8 too, and sometimes my taps don't register because my hand is touching the curved edge. That's nothing compared to the bloat and fucking bixby button. What a fucking piece of shit this phone is. And that goes for all modern Samsungs.

I like the glass but i dislike fingerprints all over them. Any way i can stop my fingers secreting any oils or sweat?

You may think it's a meme, but OnePlus is actually top tier. My 3T (God bless its soul) was absolutely fantastic, and could've lasted another 2, 3 or 4 years easily. Only problem was the battery, as is with all phones. I replaced it with chinkshit, then it expanded and the phone sudoku'd. I'm still sad it died.

It was better than any modern phone I've used, and it was like 3 years old.

I've got a OP7P and yeah it's a fine phone. It's also got higher specs on paper than my fuckin laptop and Android is still a laggy sack of shit

I just ordered one too. Android ain't great, but compared to iOS, it is a dream. I have a 6th gen iPad (most recent), and it is atrocious. Graphical glitches out the ass, safari (native browser mind you) crashes literally every single time I use it. Anyone that likes iOS is an honest-to-god retard. How else can they be okay with such mediocrity? Android is an absolute dream compared to it. And Oxygen OS is like dying and going to heaven.

Nah, gotta disagree. I also carry an iPhone and its my preferred for most activities I'd use a phone for. The only thing I absolutely can't do on iPhone that I can do on Android is IRC

I am phoneposting on my OP2 rn. It still flies with LineageOS and battery is at 87pct original cap after 4 years of daily use.

Attached: n word.jpg (852x479, 48K)

No headphone jack.

no sliders or keyboards, the only company that even makes them now is blackberry and its not landscape

Attached: key2scrollop.gif (400x399, 2.81M)

>Touchscreen-only input
>Non-removable batteries
>massive
>ridiculously high resolution screens
>dumb aspect ratios
>no microHDMI
>USB C
>Android
>iOS

They're all just generic glass slates now

Bring back notification LEDs. Also, why is it no longer feasible to include NFC in lower-end phones? Phones like the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime or Motorola Luge had it and they were only about $80 or so when new.

wireless charging, the lack of headphone jacks, needing to buy cases because they are too fragile

Too long, I understand for people with small hands it's necessary but I'd like a bit more width that literally no manufacturer is making except maybe the Huawei mate 20 x
Biggest peeve is no replaceable battery all the other bullshit like notches or no headphone jack I could live with

Glass isn't "modern"

Apple were doing that shit in 2011 with the iPhone 4

Still the best looking iPhone to date

Them being ridiculously large.

The only company making decent small smartphones is Sony and they're overpriced as hell.

typing on touchscreens

that android phones are copying iPhone development without considering why
the xr is unironically the best phone currently as much as I hate to admit it
>relatively small battery compared to most androids but still lasts longer
>lcd, no oled burn-ins
>has bezels that you can actually hold without being awkward
>performance without sacrificing battery life
>good single camera
>no unnecessary buttons
>silent switch (the only thing androids should have copied but didn't)
the only things missing are the headphone jack and notification leds, and possibly type-c usb if you're into that

cant fixem, none-removable battery, absolute fucking botnet/spynet.

>Still the best looking smartphone to date
ftfy