>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Attached: IMG_20190713_171121.jpg (1440x1080, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?search_type=keyboard&keyword=&brand=&capmat=PBT&capprint=Double-Shot&switch=Cherry-MX-Clear&size=Full-Size&led=&model=&availability=
amazon.com/Zalman-Unlimited-Multi-Key-Keyboard-ZM-K600S/dp/B0196J3IPE
drop.com/buy/73893
kbfirmware.com/
config.qmk.fm/#/satan/LAYOUT_60_ansi
github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/satan/keymaps/abhixec).
aliexpress.com/item/32909992048.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where can I buy one of those?
I want a split but I'm not sure about the model, prefer something already built but I could learn to solder.
Also I do web dev and I'd like keys liek [ ] \ easily accessible.

It is called a Lets Split user. Good soldering project and ezpz.

What's the cheapest buckling springs keyboard I can get in EU?

Just buy and ergodox kit and solder it together. It's basically the de facto beginner split ergo board.

Attached: silenc.jpg (2400x1600, 515K)

for me? its the hhkb!

Attached: zowie ec x hhkb.jpg (2048x1152, 328K)

Why is your keyboard angled as such with your mouse opposing? How do you get work done are you a quadriplegic?

its not that difficult to type like that. but you would never know bc youre a phone poster

I have Taihao keycaps, does this mean I also need silencers?

Burt?

nth for still no good yellow backlit boards

Make it yourself. Yellow and amber LEDs are cheap.

build your own loser

>he does dirty work
ewwww

Attached: 1559384032584.png (728x899, 236K)

I want GMK keycaps, or something double-shot and Cherry profile, but I don't want to wait until September to use my keyboard. Are there any options cheaper than just getting a whole new keyboard?

Hiiii all~! I'd really, really appreciate the help of anyone who knows about mechanical keyboards more than me (a.k.a. almost anyone)! Thank you thank you thank you!!

>Budget
$150

>Location (continent at least)
USA

>Preferred switch type
Something tactile and silent. (Currently on brown, which I've had no issues with.)

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
100% (I miss the numpad, which my current keyboard is missing.)

>Backlight
No.

>Previous/current keyboards
CM Storm with brown switches.

Attached: 68428504_p0.png (802x925, 358K)

please be my girlfriend

Chink Shit
Chink Shit
Chink Shit

Do they just not sell this mousepad anymore? Is there one similar that has the mouse wire clip?

Anyone of these will work
Personally I'd go with Leopold since they have the best build quality
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?search_type=keyboard&keyword=&brand=&capmat=PBT&capprint=Double-Shot&switch=Cherry-MX-Clear&size=Full-Size&led=&model=&availability=

YES.

Ay

I've seen fUnc for sale still as recently as a couple of years ago and yeah there are copies all over the place with all different kinds of cable clips.

Attached: expert fartsman.jpg (2600x1733, 1.48M)

get a leopold or varmilo with browns or clears
clears are more tactile and heavier than browns

I would love that!

Thank you!! Anyone have any ideas of what's the best in this list? I'm dumb... > /// <

Seems like Leopold may be the way to go for me~!

Attached: IMG_1454.jpg (614x368, 38K)

Second attempt at printing DMOTE caps looks much better than the first. Definitely keeping with this style.

Attached: 2019-07-27 18.00.23.jpg (2534x1902, 1.08M)

Leopold is the best by far, after that it's a tie between Vortex and Ducky. All those Ducky One 2s are the same, they just have different colors.

what's the best membrane keyboard with n-key rollover? I need it to type a lot of n-words

Those do look much nicer. Got any pics of the supports you used?

Printed on a corner like so, the support in the middle pulls out with pliers in one piece.

I hear printing this way can produce weaker stems, but I did some destructive testing on a dud print and it took considerable effort to rip it apart with pliers. And I don't have to worry much about splitting because I'm relying more on the box of my box switches than the plus to hold caps in place.

Attached: 2019-07-27 18.20.06.jpg (2582x1936, 846K)

Fuck, I already have all three of those. I guess I have to get GMK now. Or just get silencers.

Neat. Almost seems like it doesn't need supports beside the stem and the edge that touches the build plate.

Get a GMMK full-sized keyboard. The GMMK is a modular keyboard, so you can insert whatever Cherry, Kailh or Gateron keyswitches you want.

Then get some Cherry silent Browns, or Gateron silent browns, or Aliaz or Zilent keyswitches.

>what's the best membrane keyboard with n-key rollover?

This is the Mechanical Keyboard General, not the Membrane Keyboard General.

Go ask here

here you go
amazon.com/Zalman-Unlimited-Multi-Key-Keyboard-ZM-K600S/dp/B0196J3IPE

This picture cements it for me.

You're either a Russian Mobster.
A CIA "Analyst".
Or a South American Cartel member.

That's legitimately the best gaming keyboard I have ever seen.

The sidewinder x4 is better by miles, but that keyboard has been discontinued and nice examples sell for over a hundred bucks

Ergo boards like the Ergodox or Dactyls are better as they allow more thumb binds.

t. We don't know what polling rate is for

>polling rate
lmao @ USB cucks

Attached: lagg.gif (351x398, 113K)

t. Someone who doesn't understand the central nervous system's chemical information transmission is far far far far far far far far more limiting than any even decent keyboard's electrical information transmission

You don't even have to go that far though. Just because a keyboard has a fast polling rate does not mean that it responds quickly to a key press. Switches bounce, and ESD (electro static discharge) events can look like very brief key presses. To counter this, keyboards typically require a key state change to last for some amount of time before assuming it is true, and reporting it to the PC. On top of this, there is considerable lag on the PC side in doing something with this data. If you are looking for something to happen in response on screen, that adds a lot more time (frames are only updated every ~17ms on a 60Hz display). The bottom line here is that you shouldn't put too much stock in a report rate number.

How many keyboards you you have /mkg/ and how many do you regret getting? I have and regret 2 of them (Kira96 and Ducky one 2 mini)

I just see a lot of cope.
It comes with a PS/2 adapter.

I bought 3 mechs. I regret all three.

If only because I know there are better boards out there. And I hate cherry switches.

6 chinkboards. Mostly out of curiosity.

Attached: 1562423939386.png (302x257, 36K)

so does the sidewinder x4, or it did when you could still buy it. Also the sidewinder is the only keyboard to feature true anti-ghosting since microsoft patented it. Most keyboards with anti-ghosting just use some shitty diodes and crappy matrices that move the bad combinations to less used key sets.

1 Model M
3 SSKs (no regrets)
1 4704 F400
1 8573-60
1 WYSE ANSI
1 Ducky One (only regret I have, the build quality is great, but cherry switches are utter garbage)
A bunch of old rubber dome over membrane keyboards that I've gotten over the years

In active use:
An Ergodox Infinity - my main board
An Ergodox - my server board
A vintage WYSE PCE - my temporary work board, converted to usb

Just in the collection:
An Apple Extended Keyboard - working but not in use
Some crazy Sony video editing thing - probably working but on a connection type nothing but some Sony thing uses
An old military hall effect board - not currently working but god I'd like to get it working
A DEC Writer board from the late 70s - Nonfunctional with no interest but historical
Unicomp Endurapro - Broken awaiting bolt mod, which I'm putting off since I never use standard layout if I can help it

Soon to be:
Georgi - Currently in transit to me, which I'm eagerly awaiting
DMOTE - Currently building, as you've been seeing here

Just two dactyl manuforms (so far) & an ergodox. Don't regret any of them but I do have the ergodox up for sale.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161729.jpg (2772x1443, 870K)

Why buttons and not a pressable hat switch?

Do you often enjoy arranging your BB toyguns in order of size?

'Cause I'd rather have keys for the thumbs. I have arrow keys either on the right or on another layer under esdf.

Fair enough. Hatswitch would be better IMO. But I do love all the wacky key labels like you're piloting some space freighter between systems.

That's the godspeed keyset for you.

drop.com/buy/73893

>Budget
not more than 150$
>Location (continent at least)
Yuropoor
>Preferred switch type
blue
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
no

I want something simple that will last

Attached: 1559954774488.jpg (1472x2048, 1.47M)

Anyone know what this keyboard is? I've been looking for a compact ISO keyboard for a while now and this doesn't have any extra keys that would get in my way.

I'd love if you could help me /mkg/ so I can stop buying Razer shit.

Is that your bulge OP?

how to flash a kbd with a hex from the qmk online configurator?

What's the the pistol directly below the keyboard?

Also, great keyboard.

Nyet.
Cannot confirm or deny.
No.

I'd be amazed if you could even find a BB gun version of any of those keyboard accessories.

Also welcome to /mkg/!

Hudson H9, ty

Will plugging directly into a tablet drain its battery quickly?
I have no idea what the power draw of a keyboard is. Mine has no backlight or other fancy LEDs.

Attached: otg.jpg (1500x1500, 114K)

That's a pok3r
60% keyboards are not rare though, it's one of the most popular layouts for mech autists

>60% keyboards are not rare though, it's one of the most popular layouts for mech autists
Yeah. I've only seen keyboards in ANSI layout though or with extra keys (pg up/down etc) which are no good for me.
I haven't seen many (if any) ISO compact keyboards though, so are there a lot more out there but just hidden from view?

It's a bit pricey too. Guess I'll have to wait it out. Thanks for the help.

Handwired 60%+numpad board with Box Royals and SA caps. Also a MechanicalEagle Z88 chinkboard, that was my previous one. It's a hotswap so I keep it around to test switches in. No ragrets.

qmk's configurator is broken for the satan
kbfirmware.com/ works BUT the layout is wrong -- the top right

why is qmk so shit

God forbid you go on the actual qmk configurator site, instead of whatever shitty clone that is.
config.qmk.fm/#/satan/LAYOUT_60_ansi

Ok, misread your post. What exactly is broken with qmk config?

Why not just close the repo and do it in the real config files instead of some fucking configurator? Don't introduce pointless layers between your input and the firmware.

no normal keys on layer 0, there are some keys but they're weird (not letters), i think there's a power off one too and it turned off my pc and now 3status characters are fucked (boxes)
at least that other configurator worked but can't change layout of keys
if you have some dump commands in mind i could flash qmk's broken shit again to debug

I just wanted to get something from the chinks to keep the project under 100 bucks.

Hey guise, I just had a brilliant idea: E-ink displays under a translucent layer in the keycaps.

Utilizing the displays, the keycaps could display different labels based on the layer you're on. Getting the needed power to the displays in the caps might be a problem, since they're constantly on the move and wiring would be under stress.

Just found out that Optimus Maximus did it with LCD's for $ 1600. Yikes.

This was some super popular concept and barely selling anything at all actual product like a decade ago. A weird instance of vaporware that became real. It costed over a thousand dollars and ended up bringing essential nothing of value outside novelty. And was by most measures besides cool screen keys a kind of bad keyboard.

You need to provide anywhere from 30-104 screens, a controller capable of simultaneously controlling that many screens, a way to route power and data to that many screens, and custom keycaps capable of holding the screens without being uncomfortable flat things. There's just no way to do it anything resembling cheaply.

And that's before your issue of connecting the keycap to the controller without worsening the feeling of keypresses. Probably going to require designing entirely new switches. It should be perfectly doable, but if this is getting into "setting up custom tooling, molds, etc" levels of expensive.

If you download the .zip from the weird site, navigate to the keymap.c file, and swap around the keys as needed on layer 0. Then just compile using make.

i was using the default layout on qmk

...Yeah? And? Just swap around the keys as needed to match the default qmk layout.

are you a retard?

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying/asking for, but essentially what is saying is what I'm telling you. Change the layout in the .c files.

same result

I take it you don't have an older firmware you can fall back to, and swapping around the keys in the .c files made layer 0 overflow somewhere. Maybe also try download the relevant files from the qmk repo like the other guy originally suggested (github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/satan/keymaps/abhixec). Maybe start thinking about contacting the guys who built it as well, see if they can replicate it the issue.

l didn't swap anything for the default but i tried my custom colemak and it's similar
at least kbfirmware.com works

make is the same so it's not qmk's online configurator

Why do you think cherry switches are garbage and what do you prefer?
I am curious because I want to get a portable 60% for work that I can shove in my bag mainly for programming and was looking at the ducky one 2 mini with cherry brown.
The ducky's layout looks good enough for me I just want to make the caps a function key and the right shift the caps lock key if possible.
I already have a das with cherry brown and don't mind the switch but I think I can do better for typing.

he seems to prefer buckling springs, which I'm not sure if you can even get on a prebuilt 60%

look into cherry blues and kailh box whites (Anne Pro 2 is a decent 60% with box whites) if you want something fairly light that's better for typing (if you don't mind clicky), or cherry clears if you want silent and heavier

60% 3pcs cherry clear/ royal box/ cherry black
TKL - Ganss cherry blue/ Novatouch/ Leopold 750 cherry brown
Revived Tada60 handwired on arduino micro pro + gateron blue
Magicforce 68 cherry silver speed.
Also I destroyed cougar attack 2, durgod 320 and steelseries 7g.

Attached: .png (463x660, 275K)

How would you rate the Model M?
What's a good price for it?
I don't want to overpay due to meme/vintage label.

I am looking into Purple Zealios V2 67G, they might be good if I can find a hot-swappable 60% keyboard. Failing that Cherry clear as you've suggested.

I like having a tactile feel without high pitch clicky noises.
Not sure how good having the tactile bump at the top would be for typing. Cherry brown seems to have that tactile feeling around the middle but it is not very pronounced and I feel like I want a little more force and bumpiness.
Purple Zealios might be the perfect balance, I don't know.
I tried blue and brown cherries so far. The blue switches were way to noisy with a high pitch but felt better to type on.
I will look into Cherry MX clear options as well.
Frankly I am starting to lean more towards a keyboard with hotswappable switches, that way I can change the switches to my liking if I regret my choice.

I need to look into 60% keyboards whose switches can be hot-swapped.
I can't solder anything where I currently live because my apartment has a central fire alarm system with a sensor wired into mains and I get fined heavily if it triggers.

You can get a compact F62 from china if you want a 60% with buckling springs

Depends on what model. The SSKs and M13s sell for around 250-300 while the industrial SSK sells for over a thousand. M15s are the most expensive versions of the model M but because they are so rare it's hard to get a price for them. The last M15 I could find sold for just under 2 grand. The older the keyboard the higher the price generally speaking. So square badge would be the most expensive followed by grey then blue badge. Blue badge model Ms sell for around 60 bucks in good condition with greys and squares around 80-90. The industrial versions of those keyboards sell for even more.

Get a 60% GMMK then.

aliexpress.com/item/32909992048.html

Opinions on this?
Shit looks like a steal for the price and I want it mostly as a spare keyboard.

Awesome, found one on PC Case Gear and from their site in the US I'll look into it thanks.

A Ducky Shine 3 modded with Gateron browns and SIP sockets. Will be replaced with a KBD19X when the configuration I want for that comes back in stock.

If you can call it that.

What does it mean if I can feel a bit of vibration/static when i brush my finger back and forth my metal frame of my k70

It means that you have too much free time.

What is the Jow Forums mechanical keyboard?

the Jow Forumsergo because it's made by an user

Model M, or F if you're rolling in dough