What the fuck is up with eBay?

What the fuck is up with eBay?

I put a bid ten seconds before that auction ended.

I lost anyways.

Are there autistic faggots waiting to bid a second before something ends? Or do they do this with bots?

Attached: _103809742_gettyimages-883204904.jpg (660x371, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gixen.com/index.php
amazon.com/gp/product/B00NSEKEMO/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The site literally has an autobid option

I know this, I'm not retarded. But the website literally told me mine was the highest bid ten seconds before the auction ended. And then some other faggot put more money. So it was not made with the autobid option, either an autistic faggot put a bid in ten seconds, or it was a bot.

I use GIXEN. Check it out: gixen.com/index.php

Based

wat? if I want something I'll fight for it with bids down to the last second if need be. it's not uncommon practice. has nothing to do with bots, nigger.

It was probably the former

Stop being butthurt and bid more next time lmao

I just put max i'm willing to offer and that's it

ten seconds is a lot

I got things in the last second :^)

>how do timed auctions work

I literally don't know

So people actually do this? I always thought they were bots.

I am doing this. Last 5 seconds or so I am slamming my maximum price in. If the item costs 20 and you put in 30 it will just update the price to 20.50. If there is already one with this price or higher it will automatically adjust the price until it reaches 30 or more. This is quite nice.

Was that your first auction? It's always down to the last second and yes you try to get your bet in as late as possible. The last second is crucial.

It's called auction sniping zoomer

Learn to snipe gay boy

jbidwatcher

free opensource ebay auction autobidder

You got sniped. Deal with it.

Overbid that way you can get back at the ebay sniper. you will get the last laugh.

Tfw you snipe an eBay find for 1/4 of its msrp

Got a $350 tripod for like $80 last time. Based pawn shops.

Chances are that tripod was only worth ~$90 max. name the model.

You got bot'd or fucked up with that shitty javascript timer that goes off after a few minutes

They really should hide the second counter on the auction and put the end time at a random second during an announced minute/hour/day.

There are bots and people doing it manually. It's really not that difficult. On my phone I get a reminder 5 minutes before an auction is closing. So I'll just keep an eye and hit submit a couple seconds beforehand, along with an auto-bid max

Bidding any time before just before it closes is absolutely retarded.

>ten seconds before
oh no no no no
ha ha ha ha ha ha
even in 2002 5 seconds before was the bare minimum you could do. cut it down to 2-3 seconds if you had broadband

>put bid on broken ishit 1 hour before end
>won a 5s, several ipods and a 5c this way
>all for under £10
>fix them all up and make double, if not triple on them
eye am laffin' my way to the bank, lads. How come nobody else is doing this?

Attached: laughingtakagi40.gif (908x765, 941K)

>eye am laffin' my way to the bank, lads.
>fix them all up and make double, if not triple on them
>£30
Ha ha!

Sirui 1205x. Paid CAD. Model worth $370 cad.

Only holds like 15 lbs (I have a mirror less not a heavy camera) but is carbon fibre and folds to the size of a Pringle’s can, can hold it in my water bottle mesh pocket.

Hardly use it now that I have ibis but it has its uses for longer lenses and speeds longer than 1s.

>Site about timed bidding
>Complains about being outbid last second
>First suspect is a bot

You really dont think someone would wait and outbit you?

>amazon.com/gp/product/B00NSEKEMO/
>$90 USD.
Its slightly longer, but holds almost double the weight. There's probably tons of similar shit on Chinese shits for much cheaper, but w/e. This is on Amazon.

>brainlet thought he was the only one following the auction
>he thought he could outsmart everyone in the last few seconds, not milliseconds

It's called "sniping". Faggots make that a bot bids on the last second making almost a guaranteed win. Just Google it and you will learn it

1. Usd = cad x 1.35
2. Your link is 99
3. Sirui holds 22 lbs
4. Sirui =/= chinkshit brand, if you knew about tripods you wouldn’t associate the two
5. Neewer literally = chinkshit, but often good price
6. The neewer is like 50% longer and twice as heavy. It would not fit into my bags men’s pocket.
7. You are a pathological contrarian.

Sirui is a chinese brand. KEK. But the point you made about the weight/height is valid. However my post is not limited to just what I linked, I said there are tons of other Chinese shits out there. Chinese copies other Chinese more so than they copy American shit.

Chinese != chinkshit

a) there are bots that will bid for you seconds before it ends and b) there are people like me who wait until there's only a second left to manually bid

So, you're waiting to bid ten seconds before the auction ends, thus you're still sitting there when it ends, but you're calling people who bid with less than ten seconds left "autistic faggots"? Can you explain your logic since you just sound like a "butthurt faggot"?

People doing this shit since 1999 lmao. people time shit half a second to win that TY beanie baby princess Diana edition for their hoarding collection

Sniping hasn't been a valid strategy for a long while unless you're putting in a much higher bid. Usually the top bidder has put in a larger bid and the platform had just put 1 increment above the previous top bidder.

>zoomie zoom gets sniped for the first time: the thread

there are snipe features which you can pay for, literally will put a bid in literally a second before the end.

What were you buying OP?

If it's something I really want and I am in competition with other bids I'll usually put the bid in with about 2 seconds left. If it's something less important I'll bid with 10 seconds left or longer or will just have ebay autobid for it.

I have a theory that when you watch an item, bid or autobid on an item, or even view an item's page those actions all push the item up in visibility so more people will see it and there's more competition and thus ebay makes more money. This is not what I want so I never watch items I intended to bid on, I'll usually bookmark them instead. And I never bid until near when the item ends. If I autobid I won't do it until an hour before the auction closes to minimize chances of loads of people seeing the auction and getting other bids. And as stated before I don't auto-bid on shit I'm really trying to win. Manual all the way.

Anyway. Sounds like you're being a sore loser OP. Shit happens.

>10 seconds
That's plenty of time for a human to beat you, are you stupid?

time is money

i don't think i've ever won an auction without bid sniping in the final 3 seconds
pro tip: make your bid some uneven number like $5.69 or $22.84 to fuck with bots/people who try to do the minimum increment bid in the final few seconds

Yeah. Welcome to friggin' 2005