Is ArchLinux good operating system for beginers?

Is ArchLinux good operating system for beginers?

Attached: k23gf0rfuow11.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

Yes. Well documented, easily accessible, rolling updates

Nah. The best option for beginners is LFS, and when you acquire some experience, you can jump to a more advanced OS such as Ubuntu or Linux Mint. It's a no brainer.

Attached: kekmarov.jpg (1304x824, 282K)

It's a waste of time. You won't even learn that much.

No, but it is the most used operating system by beginners.

Yes, they also support LGBT.

Attached: 1562724805645.png (1080x1032, 1.43M)

Yes, it's bretty good.

Yes and no, Arch is kind of a meme distro and most newcomers are kind of afraid of the stigma surrounding Linux that it's "too complicated", "easy to break" or "too hard". If by beginners you mean people who are even afraid of running simple innocuous commands, Arch is not the way to go. Linux beginners should stick to Ubuntu, Mint, PopOS and other mainstream distros.

No. You'll learn a lot and very quickly, but it's probably easier to start with a beginner distro.

> Yes, it's bretty good.
> systemd
> good
The absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (220x165, 10K)

Everything i know about ArchLinux are programms like Neofetch and Pacman -Suuy.

You're an autist if it bothers you.

Attached: file.png (859x732, 47K)

How do you make those transparent skins play nice with a window that has a very bright background? Is there a way to dim inactive windows that are too bright?

is this kde? wtf with all the blur?

yes elite edition

KDE has added some nice blur effects. GNOME is working on it for GTK4 I think, but there's a shell extension you can add that adds blur to the overview.

Pretty nice, and a reason to use KDE (besides the file picker). I find GNOME more comfy, so I will live with flat terminals.

This was when I was running KDE

Attached: 1563850728746.jpg (3640x1920, 1.24M)

Yeah this is KDE. They improved blur with Plasma 5.16 and it looks much better than before, still not to everyone's taste though

>goes to LGBT parade
>parade of oppressed individuals who gather behind the banner of acceptance
>arch user needs to talk about how they use arch
every fucking time

Nice of you to explain the obvious joke line by line.

Thanks, hope it helped.

>nice blur effects
seriously? it looks like uter shit

>improved blur
removing it would've been an improvement user

We get it, you don't like thing. Why post?

because i was curious and still am about KDE.
it looks better than Gnome IMO but the UI/aesthetics is weirdly win10/mac inspired i'm still unsure about it

>systemd bad.
No matter how hard you try, this fud is losing traction.

Attached: 1564243877200.webm (420x300, 561K)

No ! Try Ubuntu, mint, solus os

Yeah they added blur for gtk4 (css) but they intentionally choose to use a very slow implementation (much slower than the one KDE has) because according to css spec for blur, blur has to be done with a specific algorithm. The blur in gnome (when they add it) wont look anywhere as nice as kde

>tfw don't use arch but refer to arch wiki for troubleshooting all the time

Attached: 1556515054582.jpg (300x300, 24K)

>trusting a codebase that is increasing in size and complexity, written in an unsafe language, by people who have a history of fucking up
Yeah, and you never check if you got pozed from some strangers AUR builds either.

This, LinuxFromScratch is very easy to use OP, you can easily get it in like an hours tops

yep
you learn by mostly repair the shit OS called linux while reading through multiple subwikis just to find the one little thing you were searching for. Highly inefficient. Not only that one little mistake and you'll be stuck in a login loop.

P.S the archfag community consider themselves to be high IQ because they succeded in installing such a shitty distro and learned all the commands and folders needed to maintain such an inefficient OS. They look down on you for not being on their ultra level of gay. Instead of giving you a simple answer they will redirect you to the wiki where you can delve yourself in multiple subwikis starting the full circle

It's not a good system for anyone.

back to 8ch and twitter wintergreenwolf

This and especially for beginners