The drivers for these cards are to cry about. They are absolute fucking awfull. Retarded unpredictable fan control...

The drivers for these cards are to cry about. They are absolute fucking awfull. Retarded unpredictable fan control, black screens, system crashes, stutter, games not launching, relive recording a solid color instead of gameplay and amds overlay not working or stuttering half of the time. Just go and look on reddit, you can see the people crying about the awfull drivers. People are returning their cards because of this horrible experience.

In late august when the aib are there they are going to get 40-50 dollars more expansive losing a chunk of their price/perf edge they have to nvidia.

Navi has about the same perf/power ratio on 7nm as turing has on 14nm. It is already using 200 watts, there is almost no headroom left for more compute units.
A 25% increase is all you can get unless you want to run a 275 to 350 watt gpu in your system.

Just get a used 1080 ti.

Attached: radeon-rx-5700-xt-100801196-large.jpg (1200x776, 132K)

are the AIBs really going to be 40-50 dollars more? That's a major buzzkill

Like every other AMD GPU from the last 4 years, there's plenty of headroom with some combination of undervolting, OC, and fucking off the shitty stock cooling solution.

It's amazing how bad RTG is at extracting performance from their GPUs, especially when you look at just how little headroom is available in ryzens for manual OC.

Attached: yeet.gif (356x200, 881K)

>Just get a used 1080 ti.
Retarded advice only applicable to large markets. Second hand 1080 ti's go for prices not dissimilar to 2080's Brand new in my country.

Try not living in a third word shithole.

>not just waiting for the sapphire toxic or any good fan card
>needing to overclock the card to get shitted on in fortnight

Attached: 0B0C8032-F490-4C95-8450-1549773EFC86.png (360x361, 17K)

Still better than the Radeon VII that didn't even have UEFI support when released

>go look on reddit
You should go back there faggot.
>just get a used 1080ti
I'm not dumping a grand on a used miner card when I can get a 2080 for cheaper. Go right back to whatever nigger hole you crawled out of.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-26-12-02-24.png (720x1280, 185K)

>buying AMD
you didn't really do it, did you user?

yeah i did it. In the past i have used amd without any problems, but these drivers are the worst i have ever seen. Also i am not even complaining about the cooler, i replaced it and in a month aib will come out. But damn the drivers are fucking awfull, not a single ""reviewer"" really talked about just how bad they are.
At first i thought it was just my card but on reddit there are big threads filled with people complaining about the same shit.
My good old hd 7770 and r9 280x never had such driver problems.

Nice try, nvidia shill. What you describe exactly are your garbage cards and spyware drivers.

Yeah I loved my 7970, was a great GPU.

I don't have mine anymore but you can still play games with good quality today. At 1080p med to high you can get about 50 to 60 fps in modern games.

This. OC'ing my Vega 56 to 1650/975 has it hitting above the 2060 Super, and it came with 3 games (RE2 remake, DMCV, and The Division 2) when I bought it - and all 3 of those games actually turned out great.

show me your gpu or it didn't happen

Thanks for your concern nvidia.

JUST BUY NVIDIA GOY PLS NVIDIA DOESNT HAVE ISSUES I PROMISE SIRS

Attached: 5700_1.png (1359x1203, 59K)

8gb, lol. less for more money, nice of AMD and NVIDIA to think this is a good move.

Not a problem with AMDGPU. You are using Linux, aren't you user?

Attached: 1536924704681.png (500x743, 421K)

This is the worst graph ever man. "Higher is better" what is it even trying to say? Why not just use a bare graph with two different colored bars for each game. and then they could label their graph and have it make sense.

Attached: FUCK.png (710x668, 697K)

its percentile difference, in this kind of graph you can easily see games that interest you and compare two cards and see if it's better suited for you or not.

AMD drivers have always been shit.
they only got better because AMD re-branded all their GPUs so drivers were stable because they were 2-3 years old.
7970 re-brand 3 fucking times.
re-branded the RX480 3 times
re-branded vega 2 times

>falling for the AMD meme
>7970 re-branded 3 times
>290X re-branded 3 times
>RX 480 re-branded 3 times
>Vega re-branded twice
>shit drivers
>muh fine wine meme, only because drivers were shit in the first place
>housefire
>always issues
Yikes.

I just bought a used 1080 Ti on eBay for $50 because I got lucky. Routinely there are ones getting dumped on there for $200. You are doing it wrong

haven't had problems with v64 native, and even when virt is a shitshow its better than (((nvidia))) shutting down cards when they detect a virtual OS

Yeah it's underwhelming but at least it's clearly an improvements. With 40CU they can now do what took 56-64CU on last GCN. They just need to be priced accordingly and that seems to be a problem.

Still using my 7750 Just Waiting™ for... fuck knows, forever maybe, not into gaming anymore

no, never happened before never will
maybe some overly customized versions, oh and Asus tax

>implying 1080ti isn't 280w GPU

funny you should mention drivers,nvidia have to hot fix every driver released in the last 24 months
black screens,corruption, mouse cursors missing, higher refresh rate increased voltage making those fans spin
oh and don't forget those two infamous cases when nvidia killed thousand monitors and GPU in one driver update

people will just say "they will fix it in the future"
except they wont, many older games have issues and either dont work or work but with issues.

>This. OC'ing my Vega 56 to 1650/975 has it hitting above the 2060 Super,
Any proof of this at all?
Just how much wattage are you using for that 300W?
Also what data did you use to compare your OCed vega 56 vs the 2060 OC or 2060 super?

can confirm similar issues with vegas

As someone who bought AMD these past generations (HD7970, R9 290X, Vega 56) and had a nVidia before (GTX 470), I unironically agree with OP. They're not "AMD driver bad meme" bad, they're actually bad. I couldn't run some games or MPC-HC with the previous version of the driver. I still need to switch some display option back and forth or the games will run into a black screen after a couple seconds, and display only come back when I alt-tab back and forth.
AMD really shat the bed on those drivers, and that's too bad, because otherwise the 5700XT is a great card. When it works, it gets me great performance with less noise and temperature than my undervolted Vega 56.

damn bros, 7850 here. I'm hoping to grab a 5700XT when the AIBs come out. Still seems like a really good value, but I'll be watching the driver issues closely.

I'm guessing right now the issue is hardly anyone is buying because everyone is waiting for AIBs, so the sample size of people using them is tiny.

best part is they will never fix them, as their public statement is "theses gpus/games" are too old and not worth the resources

This is not "couple games have some anoying bugs" kinda bad, this is 50% of your library is unplayable kinda bad.

you fucking idiots are unaware of the fact that Navi has shit overclocking gains even when you run double the power through it?

You serious? Aib cards are always more money

AMD GPUs often end up beating the Nvidias GPUs years later because the drivers keep improving. The 290X which was released in 2013, was meant to compete with the 780 Ti, it ended up beating the 980 Ti in some games/benchmarks.

AMD© FINE WINE™ - We call fixing hilariously broken drivers sometime in the future a feature.

werks on my maschine

navi is not a rebrand

>4K for 1080 TI
wut

>AMD GPUs often end up beating the Nvidias GPUs years later because the drivers keep improving.
no, I have seen a 2060 beat a vega 64 in quatum break, both in terms of consistent FPS and about 20fps more than vega.