What's even the purpose of those processors?

What's even the purpose of those processors?

Attached: 450_1000.jpg (206x175, 12K)

Kys faggot

Low power/priced systems.

Its for ultra poorfag countries, people who want a SBC with decent X86 performance, making a little PFSense box, etc. Would be nice to get an updated equivalent. A sub $200 SBC with heat sink, gigabit ethernet, more SATA ports.

IDK
I do know that AM1 was an SoC platform that predated Zen
The motherboards had no chipsets

I wanted one, but couldn't find ecc comparable boards.

Low priced maybe. Low power, no fucking way. Why would anyone buy a 25w chip at 1.45ghz when you could buy a 35w with double clock speed and a newer architecture?

Where they available back then?

You could overclock them to like 2 or 2.1ghz and they were $100~

>What's even the purpose of those processors
Looks like present tense to me

I wasn't aware that these were still available.

Yeah, both newegg and amazon still sell them. For the price/performance ratio, it is completely insane that they haven't been shipped off to a landfill. Not positive, but I imagine that is what OP meant by his post.

A PFSense box makes much more sense.

They're still perfect for a PFSense box with networked storage, and a mail, or media server.

ASRock J4005B-ITX Intel J4005 2.7GHz
$85.07

AMD Sempron 2650 APU, 1.45Ghz, SD2650JAHMBOX
+
Gigabyte AMD AM1 FS1b Socket HDMI D-Sub mATX Motherboard GA-AM1M-S2H (USED)
$178.74

Yeah, $178 for a used motherboard and 1.45 previous gen cpu is a way better deal than a brand new motherboard/cpu for $85

Embedded Ryzen when??

>the motherboard is literally just a PSU and a breakout board
sounds comfy

Attached: 89b.jpg (1414x1275, 942K)

Only two SATA ports. Absolutely fucking disgusting. I don't know how we survived like that a decade ago.

You have to figure that these things are deadly reliable
Short of the VRM or the superIO dying there isn't much that can kill this board

This shit is for bottom of the barrel poorfag systems, 2 sata is probably enough

Incel 3-6W celerons are better for those purposes though and as said you can get industrial motherboards with those for cheap.

one for system SSD, one for HDD if you're a hoarder
this isn't a board for RAIDfags

come to think of it, wouldn't AM4 work without a chipset? PCI is built in, so you could have an m.2 SSD, a GPU and USB without ever going through a chipset

It could
It's how EPYC works
There is no actual chipset on the boards, everything is done with the PCIe lanes from the CPU

i see three

Buildzoid said the same about Ryzen

You can remove the chiplet and literally run everything off the CPU alone. The A320/B450/X570 etc is simply there to mux 4 lanes into additional PCIe slots & usb ports & lan/wifi & SATA connectors

So you need a sound card (or audio over HDMI), some sort of networking card, and a SATA card for any additional storage you'd want (if you don't want to do storage over USB).

>with double clock speed and not x86?
Fixed so it answers your question.

Yes, it's called the A300 "chipset", and there's a couple of NUC-like enclosures out there with them.

Ryzen already has some built in USB, Sata and NVMe in the CPU
Networking and audio is always handled by PCIe so it doesn't matter if there is a chipset or not as you can just take lanes from CPU

There's a m2 slot, and might have esata too. The cases they put these boards in will never have space for more than 2 devices internal anyway.

In 2014/2015 they were a really good budget option. HTPCs and budget gaming.
The Athlon 5350 is Q6600 performance but only a 25w tdp and adequate integrated graphics. They were super popular with a 750ti for budget gaming builds. Low power and quiet. You paid that new part premium instead of just buying an old Q6600 to have low wattage and faster DDR3

I have my Athlon 5350 still on an ECS Kam1-l mini itx board cooled by an Arctic alpine m1
It's almost entirely silent and runs off of a 60w laptop power brick with a 24 pin adapter.
Still does all it needs to do fine, good little shitpost machine.

Nowadays, nah. Much better options for SOC stuff but around its time it was budget king for a solid 2 years.
The other options were older hardware, something like a haswell pentium or SOC celeron.

There's a million uses for the AM1 platform, I hear a lot of people use them as kinda more powerful SBCs since most of the motherboards have onboard parallel and serial headers.

Also should mention, these don't even need the 4 pin CPU power, some boards like mine don't even have one.
Also most of the boards can overclock a little, 2.2ghz is the normal OC and if you have a 4 pin I've heard some of the 5350's can hit 2.6ghz
It's not much but it does improve performance a bit.
The really low end AM1 options were really just for people using these as NAS devices or htpcs

They were pretty good for super budget or office machines. They should bring back that platform in the STX form factor with ryzen

cute

Attached: asrock-deskmini-a300_02.jpg (750x510, 393K)

That would be extra cute if it could cram a 3.5" drive.

Why are there 7 shill threads active at the same time ?

Attached: 26869267_165767200711542_2486305414593904640_n.jpg (1080x1080, 494K)

Build some office PCs with it. They still work fine.
It was an ultra cheap platform with enough performance. There were boards that just had an 19V DC so you could build very small mini itx systems.

You can adapt the m2 to regular sata, can't you ?